PDA

View Full Version : Carrier takeoff and landing (wish list)

Vukas_Cro
02-02-2004, 05:45 AM
If only they culd make aircraft carrier, it will be great for multiplayer missions, but this will afeact to half a planes already made cos they wuld nead to have hook.

Or if they cud yust make a simle 350m carrier, going 40Kp/h , this will be more than enough for zero to take off (or eaven to land)

(Zero vs P40, 2 carriers jap and us)

vote for carrier!!!

Croatian IL2 team.

Vukas_Cro
02-02-2004, 05:45 AM
If only they culd make aircraft carrier, it will be great for multiplayer missions, but this will afeact to half a planes already made cos they wuld nead to have hook.

Or if they cud yust make a simle 350m carrier, going 40Kp/h , this will be more than enough for zero to take off (or eaven to land)

(Zero vs P40, 2 carriers jap and us)

vote for carrier!!!

Croatian IL2 team.

Fennec_P
02-02-2004, 06:14 AM
We might see carriers in Luthiers (not so) secret project. I don't see why not.

AFAIK most full size carriers are only 250-300m long. A 109G2 takes about 200m to take off, and can be landed in as little as 175m, so most FB planes could theoretically land and take off from carriers.

Vukas_Cro
02-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Jes typing mistake, eaven todays carriers are no longer than 330 m, i was thinking about 250m

The moust dificult part will be to span planes in exzact position, and the colisions will be brutal ^^.

think about landing half damaged to a carrier and about 4-5 planes are starting engine for takeoff. -500 to your score.

But i culd be done with islands for each side, so the damaged players shuld take a longer (safe)way home.

Croatian IL2 team.