PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with better rewards in ranked?

DrinkinMyStella
09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
It's silly how little reward you get for playing ranked, where's the incentive to want to play a mode for up to an hour? Ranked play defiantly get my heart rate going because it's basically a competition but once all is said and done what to you really get? small amount of XP, Small amount of steel, and an ornament in which you have no choice over which ornament you get. The risks of losing far out way the risks of winning. if I lose for what ever reason I lose unto 70% on my rank and if I win then I get unto 10% I know it depends on whether you lose to a loser or higher rank, but it makes it too turtling because no one wants lose that much xp.

Im thinking that 1st place should be 2000xp 2nd place 1500xp 3rd place 1000xp on top of your match xp. steel for 1st place should be 1000 2nd 700 3rd 500 and then you get to choice which ornament you unlock. The risk is high with very minimal reward. The population of ranked is low because why waste your time for what?

SwellChemosabe
09-26-2017, 12:41 PM
As much as would love better rewards in ranked, 2000xp for 1st place and having the ability to unlock whatever ornament you want seems like a bit much.

we don't even have contracts that give us that much xp, and so far each hero only has maybe one or two things to unlock in tournament. I would be on board with maybe 50 steal per match one (3 qualifying matches and 3 playoff matches, brings up to 300 steal if you win first place, which is up to 5 times more than what you make in a standard dominion match. And maybe 1250 xp, it's not the highest amount of xp you can earn doing anything in the game but it's still up there. Also it would be nice to earn ornaments related to the hero you use for the duration of the tournament.

DrinkinMyStella
09-26-2017, 12:56 PM
As much as would love better rewards in ranked, 2000xp for 1st place and having the ability to unlock whatever ornament you want seems like a bit much.

we don't even have contracts that give us that much xp, and so far each hero only has maybe one or two things to unlock in tournament. I would be on board with maybe 50 steal per match one (3 qualifying matches and 3 playoff matches, brings up to 300 steal if you win first place, which is up to 5 times more than what you make in a standard dominion match. And maybe 1250 xp, it's not the highest amount of xp you can earn doing anything in the game but it's still up there. Also it would be nice to earn ornaments related to the hero you use for the duration of the tournament.

It was an example, 2000xp is just one level for a hero at higher levels. It's just not easy to win at higher levels so the rewards should be far greater but I'm open to discussion.

Tyrjo
09-26-2017, 04:33 PM

Tbh, Duel Tournaments needs something huge to entice the whole community to play it. If not, it will just be a place of try hards. It will be wasted dev time...

A huge chunk of XP would be great. It will also be an idea a lot easier to sell to the Ubisoft economy department compared to a huge chunk of steel. The steel rewards still needs to be boosted though.

Mythic MK II
09-26-2017, 04:53 PM
Yeah better rewards would be nice... but that would only apply if I could finish the tournament without disconnects from either my opponent or myself..

And I am typing this during a black loading screen to the 3rd round in the finals... I am leading 2-0 and I can't finish the last match because of this bs...
after 10 minutes it the loading screen is done and it just says that the match is invalid and I placed second... with a 2-0 lead. K

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 12:25 AM
We did bump up steel payout for ranked in the sep 14th maintenance, but I will bring it up to the team if you all still feel it is insufficient.

New Tournament Steel Amounts.
After re-analyzing the time spent by players in Tournaments and based on player feedback, we've increased the amounts as follows:

Pool Loss: 60 Steel (+200%)
Quarter Loss: 70 Steel (+180%)
Semi Loss: 80 Steel (+129%)
Final Loss: 90 Steel (+100%)
Final Win: 100 Steel (+100%)

Tyrjo
09-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Tbh, Duel Tournaments needs something huge to entice the whole community to play it. If not, it will just be a place of try hards. It will be wasted dev time...

A huge chunk of XP would be great. It will also be an idea a lot easier to sell to the Ubisoft economy department compared to a huge chunk of steel. The steel rewards still needs to be boosted though.

I stand by my earlier post about rewards needing to be great for this mode to work out. I also suggested earlier that there needs to be a big order "Participate in a Duel Tournament" or "Play 20 Duel Tournament matches". They should reward like 500+ steel.

DrinkinMyStella
09-29-2017, 04:43 PM
for me I would like to see more xp per match and a far greater xp gain for 3rd 2nd and 1st place just because of the gruelling task of battling to the final deserves more xp.

fretti21
09-29-2017, 06:20 PM
Definetly needs more xp and steel for time spent and winner gets the ornament and color + the what ever symbol. Ive won 4 times 2 whit conq and and i got ornaments for samurais... think the ornament reward should at least be faction sided reward, i dont play samurais at all so was a bit dissapointed after all that work. At least i got my lawbringer ornament so i have no more intrest to try to get the conq one.

UbiNoty
09-30-2017, 12:28 AM
I'll definitely bring it up again. And keep in mind we're still in beta! - so we're much more open to feedback and making changes.