PDA

View Full Version : UbiFail

Mirage6201
09-25-2017, 11:38 PM
Just played whole round with two AFK people on Xbox. Please make users select a character or get booted before match. Your detection code is if an empty block of code.

Fix the matchmaking error. Sick and tired of re logging on console.

I also noticed that highlander curse cancel into side knocks friendly off cliffs. Nothing like a newb attacking through me to start off a match. I didn't think this could happen unless you were in a gb or cqb animation.

UbiJurassic
09-26-2017, 12:06 AM
There have been a number of players that believe the AFK timer is too long, and conversely people that think it is too short, I'll make a note for the team regarding it.

Resolving matchmaking errors is part of an ongoing effort from the development team. While dedicated servers are coming to help alleviate some the issues, the team is also continuously working to improve the current matchmaking system with each update.

Positioning is very important on the battlefield. Should you or a teammate be standing on the edge of a cliff, most moves will be able to nudge players off the side if you are a not vigilant.

DoctorMcBatman
09-26-2017, 03:44 PM
There have been a number of players that believe the AFK timer is too long, and conversely people that think it is too short, I'll make a note for the team regarding it.

No, that's not the issue. The issue is the AFK detector doesn't work. A mod (maybe you?) said it's supposed to be 60 seconds of AFK, then a boot. I can't estimate how often it does/doesn't work, but I know for sure that there are instances when it doesn't work.

kbvlcvfkhgc
09-26-2017, 05:09 PM
the AFk thing has made a big comeback recently, i had two last night in a match, they didn't get booted till almost the end

SplugeKing
09-26-2017, 08:43 PM
From my experience there has been no change to booting afk players on Xbox. I've played many games where the players weren't booted and they were afk basically the whole game. As far as I'm concerned, ubi didn't even implement an afk kick on Xbox

UbiJurassic
09-27-2017, 12:17 AM
No, that's not the issue. The issue is the AFK detector doesn't work. A mod (maybe you?) said it's supposed to be 60 seconds of AFK, then a boot. I can't estimate how often it does/doesn't work, but I know for sure that there are instances when it doesn't work.

From my experience there has been no change to booting afk players on Xbox. I've played many games where the players weren't booted and they were afk basically the whole game. As far as I'm concerned, ubi didn't even implement an afk kick on Xbox

Thanks for letting me know about the possible inconsistencies with the system. I'll certainly make a note, regarding the AFK system that's in place, asking them to look into it

UbiJurassic
09-27-2017, 12:17 AM

Thanks for letting me know about the possible inconsistencies with the system. I'll certainly make a note, regarding the AFK system that's in place, asking them to look into it