PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Berserker lvl 4

S0Mi_xD
09-25-2017, 06:03 AM
So, around a month passed since Berserker feat got nerfed.

Berserker
Duration reduced to 15 seconds (from 20).
Sprint Speed buff lowered to 20% (from 50%).
Defense buff reduced to 45% (from 50%).
Attack Buff removed. ( as far as know it was something like 60-70%?)

Developer comments:
Berserker is rebalanced slightly with lowered stats and we’ve removed the Attack buff in order to focus it more towards defense and evasion.

Are there people still using it?

My feedback on it is - - - it barely has a real use for me, and yep - with the new game mode "it will be useful" for capture a tributes . . . what you can have easier with the lvl 1 speed buff.

Lvl 3 Fury (a feat that every viking has)
- 35% atk and defense
- not sure if it has a speed buff (didn't pay attention to it)

I get it Ubisoft/Defs, you wanted it to make a Defensive feat for a class that lives from DPS - - but why then reducing the duration, speed and defense?
It is a feat that will be used 1 time in a match. Those 15 seconds defense can be outplayed easy in a 1v1, and a higher attack was always more useful then higher defense in 1vX, because like I said, berserker is a high DPS hero - He is literally the glass canon of the game.

I agree that it's state before nerf was really strong and unbalanced, but what you did isn't a re-balance its a 180 turn.

How I would have changed it:

- The 15 seconds are fine.
- Speed buff, ok - it wasn't really that useful anyways, and those 20 % in mind with the new game mode is in a good place.
- Remove defense
- Attack 50 %
- Add HP regeneration on attacks
If a light attack gets blocked or connects you get 5 HP if it is a heavy 10HP (those numbers are only examples, it could be that those would be to high or to low, can't say it without actually testing it)

It would reward attacking (what this feat should do, because it is the specific feat of a DPS hero and it is even called after him)

Also, Berserker lacks in terms of Healing himself, he is a hero who was intended to trade blows due to his hyper armor, but he is a class with not that high HP - his only way to heal himself is through kills and executions (which is ridiculous low with every execution - it seems to me as if he has the lowest execution healing of all heroes).
And execution heal stats are added by percentage, that means he benefits less from this stat than other heroes.

bmason1000
09-25-2017, 08:09 AM
Are there people still using it?Honestly, this is the part I'm most interested in. I'm verrrry curious if anyone's using it and what their thoughts on it are.

I'm still baffled by two things. First, why would they want to make a feat called "berserker" on an offensively themed character called "berserker" a defensive feat? I can't make any sense of this.

Secondly, you want it to be a feat that focuses on defense and evasion(whhyyyy...) but then nerf its defense and speed properties? I can't make any sense of that either.

Berserker, as it is now, might be a pretty good tier 2 feat. I think I'd still use revenge attacks instead, but I'd think about it. I feel as a tier 4 though, it is absolutely worthless.

S0Mi_xD
09-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Honestly, this is the part I'm most interested in. I'm verrrry curious if anyone's using it and what their thoughts on it are.

I'm still baffled by two things. First, why would they want to make a feat called "berserker" on an offensively themed character called "berserker" a defensive feat? I can't make any sense of this.

Secondly, you want it to be a feat that focuses on defense and evasion(whhyyyy...) but then nerf its defense and speed properties? I can't make any sense of that either.

Berserker, as it is now, might be a pretty good tier 2 feat. I think I'd still use revenge attacks instead, but I'd think about it. I feel as a tier 4 though, it is absolutely worthless.

That's right - they removed all the value of the feat for the class.

Sure the defense is also good for trading, but out of experience we both can say, that for Berserker attack is essential.

It really feels like Shugoki demon charge nerf - - - just trashed it as hard as possible - - - the irony here is, I never saw someone complaining about Berserker feat xD.

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Are there people still using it?

My feedback on it is - - - it barely has a real use for me, and yep - with the new game mode "it will be useful" for capture a tributes . . . what you can have easier with the lvl 1 speed buff.

I'll ask and see if the devs can share anything about actual numbers after the changes! Maybe the statistics will tell a different tale, but it would be good to know and bring it back to the table for discussion.
And thank you once more for the great feedback + suggestions!

Devils-_-legacy
09-28-2017, 01:41 AM
Is there any chance ubi can release the statics of all hero's?

S0Mi_xD
09-28-2017, 03:42 AM
I'll ask and see if the devs can share anything about actual numbers after the changes! Maybe the statistics will tell a different tale, but it would be good to know and bring it back to the table for discussion.
And thank you once more for the great feedback + suggestions!

Thank you for the reply :)

It would be nice to see actual numbers.

I do believe, that still some people will use it, but most of them because they just don't care for the feats or missed the nerf.
This happened to me with the Revenge Attack feat - I only saw the change after like 2 weeks?

But the difference is definitely noticeable.

S0Mi_xD
09-28-2017, 03:44 AM

This would interesting as well.

High-Horse
09-29-2017, 05:48 PM
Instead of the feat healing and allowing trades to be safer for our Berserker, I think it would be far more useful and thematic to make trades much more dangerous for the enemy (and maybe the zerker).

Something like starting the ATK bonus at 30%, and each blocked or successful attack you make stacks +5% damage (no cap) and adds +3 seconds to the timer (max 24-30 seconds total duration). Perhaps you could even gain stacks/+duration from full/chip damage taken from the enemy.

The Berserker here is getting furious, dealing more damage with each attempt to kill their opponent, their attacks are stronger and their rage is not subsiding. I would even go as far as to make the zerker take +5% extra damage for each stack if there isn't a strong enough downside. That would give the feeling of going all out berserk, making enemies think twice about attack us, which is the only defense we need.

bmason1000
09-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Instead of the feat healing and allowing trades to be safer for our Berserker, I think it would be far more useful and thematic to make trades much more dangerous for the enemy (and maybe the zerker).

Something like starting the ATK bonus at 30%, and each blocked or successful attack you make stacks +5% damage (no cap) and adds +3 seconds to the timer (max 24-30 seconds total duration). Perhaps you could even gain stacks/+duration from full/chip damage taken from the enemy.

The Berserker here is getting furious, dealing more damage with each attempt to kill their opponent, their attacks are stronger and their rage is not subsiding. I would even go as far as to make the zerker take +5% extra damage for each stack if there isn't a strong enough downside. That would give the feeling of going all out berserk, making enemies think twice about attack us, which is the only defense we need.Thematically, I'm really in to that.

Devils-_-legacy
09-29-2017, 06:11 PM
This would interesting as well.

I would love the devs so much lol

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 06:27 PM

The Berserker here is getting furious, dealing more damage with each attempt to kill their opponent, their attacks are stronger and their rage is not subsiding. I would even go as far as to make the zerker take +5% extra damage for each stack if there isn't a strong enough downside. That would give the feeling of going all out berserk, making enemies think twice about attack us, which is the only defense we need.

Cool idea :) - i Like it, i could imagin this as...
- a passive lvl 4 fest
- it activates as soon as you Hit an enemy (blocked Or Not) Or the enemy Hits you( blocking it or get Hit)
- every time it Happens (attacking Or being attacked) it adds 5 seconds of a "furious" buff, this Buff adds 10% attack, 5% Speed But reduces def about 5 %
- this Buff stacks
Time Cap 30 sec
Attack Cap 100%
Speed Cap 50%
Defense Cap - 50%
- if you Run Out of Furious Buff, the Berserker feat will be in Recovery for 30 seconds

What do you think?

High-Horse
09-29-2017, 06:55 PM
Cool idea :) - i Like it, i could imagin this as...
- a passive lvl 4 fest
- it activates as soon as you Hit an enemy (blocked Or Not) Or the enemy Hits you( blocking it or get Hit)
- every time it Happens (attacking Or being attacked) it adds 5 seconds of a "furious" buff, this Buff adds 10% attack, 5% Speed But reduces def about 5 %
- this Buff stacks
Time Cap 30 sec
Attack Cap 100%
Speed Cap 50%
Defense Cap - 50%
- if you Run Out of Furious Buff, the Berserker feat will be in Recovery for 30 seconds

What do you think?

That sounds waaay too incredible and amazing for a passive feat. That's like double damage with about 50% uptime depending on how much you can engage and not get killed. I'd say those stats would make a perfect active feat (I love the minus defense rather than +%damage taken) with maybe a 2 minute cooldown.

As a passive, I'd say lasts max 20-25 seconds (base 10), 60-90 second cooldown, max 20% damage, -30% defense.

UbiInsulin
09-29-2017, 07:08 PM

There is a chance. I forget which Warrior's Den it was, but we have publicly shown charts with each hero's win rate before. We'll continue to let the FH team know that these stats are interesting to the community.

S0Mi_xD
09-29-2017, 08:38 PM
That sounds waaay too incredible and amazing for a passive feat. That's like double damage with about 50% uptime depending on how much you can engage and not get killed. I'd say those stats would make a perfect active feat (I love the minus defense rather than +%damage taken) with maybe a 2 minute cooldown.

As a passive, I'd say lasts max 20-25 seconds (base 10), 60-90 second cooldown, max 20% damage, -30% defense.

Maybe you are right :)
I would really Like to See something Like this, as a Berserker feat instead of the current One.