PDA

View Full Version : Before you Flame in For Honor consider a few things...

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
If you are playing a 4v4 game type understand that ganking is part of that game type... don't call people trash when they don't want to 1v1 you. If you are looking for a 1v1 they have a game type for that... 4v4 is about teamwork and ganking is a part of teamwork. If you are frustrated do not take it out on the opposing team just take a step back and breathe. This is only a video game so there is no need to be so Toxic and if you aren't enjoying your time take a break! If you are playing bad do not blame it on your teammates you cannot control them so it's best to just focus on what you can do better. At the end of the day the 4v4 game type is not balanced and it's not ranked so don't get too bent out of shape while playing it, its ment to be played for fun.

Vakris_One
09-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Alas, if only that were For Honor's biggest problem. We'd still have a healthy and active playerbase if that were it's biggest fault.

- Connection errors are as frequent as ever
- the amount of bugs and glitches keep increasing in both number and severity with each Season
- balancing is a joke
- the Faction War is a bad joke without a punch line
- the defence meta is pure cancer and the complete anti-thesis of a fighting game, yet it still goes on unaddressed.

Until at least 2 of these 5 core, fundamental problems is fixed permanently For Honor will not be in an ok place.

CandleInTheDark
09-24-2017, 06:28 PM
Alas, if only that were For Honor's biggest problem. We'd still have a healthy and active playerbase if that were it's biggest fault.

- Connection errors are as frequent as ever
- the amount of bugs and glitches keep increasing in both number and severity with each Season
- balancing is a joke
- the Faction War is a bad joke without a punch line
- the defence meta is pure cancer and the complete anti-thesis of a fighting game, yet it still goes on unaddressed.

Until at least 2 of these 5 core, fundamental problems is fixed permanently For Honor will not be in an ok place.

Yeah I agree but they are doing a fair bit about some is not all of that.

Yes connection errors are frustrating, there should be zero drops,but they are working on dedicated servers.

I'll give you glitches, but it isn't like they are adding them in, they might not have tried to break their game when testing and they could have done with hiring people who try to do this, but they get them out as soon as they find out about them and get a fix for them. They do need to prioritise this, the tournament wasa bad joke.

Balancing is a long road, I agree, but one they are working on, thursday we will have patch notes and Eric hinted there is centurion stuff there. I am also encouraged by the gladiator, many people think that is themost balanced character around currently or close to (though some think different, can't please all the people all the time).

Very much agree on faction war, they said they are working on that and they were talking to gamers they had in the community workshop taking ideas they had to them so again that is a matter ofwait and see.

And yeah the defence meta is bad,we've had the first bunch of changes, they have more coming, again they said they did some work on this in the community workshop.

So yeah it is in not the best place right now, but I am encouraged by what they are telling us.

Netcode_err_404
09-24-2017, 06:31 PM
if you just run all over the map, because you are afraid to 1v1, or even worse, run, until a friend come and then gank, you are a trash playaer, and i will call you like that in the chat.

If you do not want to be called trash, mute the chat.

These threads are honestly useless.1

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 06:33 PM
No game in the history of games has ever been perfectly balanced. The server issues I agree are annoying but they plan to swap to dedicated servers so I will remain optimistic. Even with these issues they are not an excuse to start flaming other people... this post was mainly just to remind people to be decent to other players online. No matter how upset you get just understand its just a game! Imagine being at work or school and people are just constantly telling you that you suck and or you are worthless... that's not an okay thing to do ever.

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 06:35 PM
So because someone doesn't want to die and they value their life they run... that makes them trash? To me this just seems like a different play style and people are allowed to play the game how ever they see fit so long as they are using Parry bots, or other forms of cheating. If you want a 1v1 they make a game type called Duel and I suggest you give it a try!

Netcode_err_404
09-24-2017, 06:36 PM
So because someone doesn't want to die and they value their life they run... that makes them trash? To me this just seems like a different play style and people are allowed to play the game how ever they see fit so long as they are using Parry bots, or other forms of cheating. If you want a 1v1 they make a game type called Duel and I suggest you give it a try!

If you want to run, go out and run. :)

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 06:40 PM
If you want to run, go out and run. :)

If you are so interested in trash maybe you should work for Waste Management? There is no reason to be toxic to strangers online!

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 07:05 PM
If you use the word toxic non ironically you are a real jerk off. I really don't get this whole new generation that get unreasonably upset by trash talk, in a video game of all things. It's been this way since online gaming was a thing, it has to be only people that have been coddled their whole life to perceive "toxicity" as a problem.

"Words are like bullets...."

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Just because something has been around for a while doesn't make it okay. There is no reason to be mean to strangers online to make yourself feel better, it's a very weak move. Plenty of things in society have been a "certain way" for a long while and then things change when people realize it's not acceptable. Being mean to strangers online is pretty silly there is no reason to do it unless you want to make yourself feel better because you are frustrated with something you don't know how to deal with.

Netcode_err_404
09-24-2017, 07:22 PM
If you are so interested in trash maybe you should work for Waste Management? There is no reason to be toxic to strangers online!

This thread is useless. He is basically whining about people that call him trash because he run in 1v1 to find a friend for gank purposes.

And is asking others to ot call him trash.

Deactivate the chat

ggez

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 07:27 PM
The thread was for people to understand in a 4v4 game type that 1v1's wont often happen and ganks are bound to happen... the people who are upset with that shouldn't flame but should instead understand that in a 4v4 game type teamwork will happen. People who cant deal with teamwork then get upset enough to try to make others feel as bad as they do when they lose a silly. I play my fair share of 1v1's when im in the mood to 1v1 and when i want to play 4v4 i play 4v4... i dont go into a 4v4 and expect everyone to 1v1 me that's just unreasonable. The only useless things about this thread are your meaningless comments that prove you are most likely on of the people I'm talking about. I hope you have a nice day and don't let this game upset you too much to the point where you are a jerk to strangers online! :)

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 07:42 PM
Words are like bullets, just because something has been around for a while doesn't make it okay. There is no reason to be mean to strangers online to make yourself feel better, it's a very weak move. Plenty of things in society have been a "certain way" for a long while and then things change when people realize it's not acceptable. Being mean to strangers online is pretty silly there is no reason to do it unless you want to make yourself feel better because you are frustrated with something you don't know how to deal with.

You forgot your intro so I added it for you.

gj4063
09-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Ganking suggests getting beat by multiple adversaries. You're right. Nobody should complain about that.

But that's not the problem bro.

The problem is...

P2p severs making every second game be a dc.

P2p servers creating lag induced deaths amass wonky play in an otherwise vey precise and time critical const game.

The removal of timesnap making quick moves and quick acting classes undeservedly effective... light spam anyone?

The preponderance of unblockables and stamina drains and stuns that aren't balanced around ant sort of risk versus reward.

A lone cent blazing in with a knockdown and stamina drain as you were 1v1 isn't 'ganking'. Believe me, I was there when the term was invented in UO.

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 08:44 PM
lol I'm glad it took you two posts to remember your South Park meme... pretty edgy stuff dude!

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 08:51 PM
lol I'm glad it took you two posts to remember your South Park meme... pretty edgy stuff dude!

What's up with people on this forum using edgy incorrectly? Don't you have a trash talking player to report for toxicity? Better get to it because you'll have another before you know it.

Shizzle117
09-24-2017, 08:58 PM
What's up with people on this forum using edgy incorrectly? Don't you have a trash talking player to report for toxicity? Better get to it because you'll have another before you know it.
lol this is why this posts exists... you are the epitome of this post good sir.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 09:04 PM
lol this is why this posts exists... you are the epitome of this post good sir.

And you are the kid that rides at the front of the bus and reminds teacher she forgot to assign homework.

S0Mi_xD
09-24-2017, 09:27 PM

Then use the force called internet and google "edgy" up - there can be more meanings to a word.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 09:31 PM
Then use the force called internet and google "edgy" up - there can be more meanings to a word.

Definitely doesn't mean trendy or whatever this dude was tying to get at.

AzureSky.
09-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Should be "before you flame on 4vs4" Since For Honor is a FIGHTING GAME (1vs1) oriented. All its balanced around it.

Specialkha
09-24-2017, 09:51 PM
In fact, devs stated they aim to balance 4v4 'Dominion mode) first.

G4y_aZn_BoY420
09-24-2017, 09:53 PM
In fact, devs stated they aim to balance 4v4 'Dominion mode) first.

Makes sense because they certainly aren't balancing 1v1.

Specialkha
09-24-2017, 09:59 PM
They fail to balance 4v4 as well. We could even say they fail at handling their own game. Bu they still claim that 4v4 is their goal.

Netcode_err_404
09-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Ganking suggests getting beat by multiple adversaries. You're right. Nobody should complain about that.

But that's not the problem bro.

The problem is...

P2p severs making every second game be a dc.

P2p servers creating lag induced deaths amass wonky play in an otherwise vey precise and time critical const game.

The removal of timesnap making quick moves and quick acting classes undeservedly effective... light spam anyone?

The preponderance of unblockables and stamina drains and stuns that aren't balanced around ant sort of risk versus reward.

A lone cent blazing in with a knockdown and stamina drain as you were 1v1 isn't 'ganking'. Believe me, I was there when the term was invented in UO.

Half of the game i have on steam are p2p, not even closed to be as bad as FH.

THat said, the p2p system is bad, but the MM and the lack of players is not any way less important. Too often they put me with russians premade that just lag. One just few mins ago, during the execution, just GB me and killed me.

UbiJurassic
09-25-2017, 01:16 AM
This thread has detracted quite a bit from the original post. I'll remind you all that flaming is against the forums rules and most of you, as familiar faces around these forums, should know better.

Makes sense because they certainly aren't balancing 1v1.

I'm going to suggest you change your forum name to something more appropriate. If you choose not to, the community team will be more than happy to find you a more appropriate one.