PDA

View Full Version : Tribute mode is 4v4 CTF

rfdhtfjgyk
09-24-2017, 04:28 PM
For Honor's upcoming Tribute mode is 4v4 CTF with three flags

Vakris_One
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Pretty much. It's a bit more involved than the standard CTF though with more strategy in play as to what upgrades to go for, when to defend and when to venture out and steal the enemy's tribute[s].

All that matters is whether it is fun or not. I think it's fun and adds something new to do in the game. The music is really cool as well. You will need a dedicated team in order to succeed though as running around like a headless chicken, as is the case with most random teams, will end up in a frustration fest. That's my one big worry about this mode; player population won't be high at all unless they make it give out more XP or more steel than Dominion.

Most of the casual playerbase that dominate the random matchmaking are either too lazy or too short of time to bother with things like strategy and teamwork unfortunately. Therefore unless you have a pre-made team you will most often than not find the new mode frustrating due to watching your team flail about like hapless lemmings rushing to their deaths.

UbiNoty
09-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Pretty much. It's a bit more involved than the standard CTF though with more strategy in play as to what upgrades to go for, when to defend and when to venture out and steal the enemy's tribute[s].

All that matters is whether it is fun or not. I think it's fun and adds something new to do in the game. The music is really cool as well. You will need a dedicated team in order to succeed though as running around like a headless chicken, as is the case with most random teams, will end up in a frustration fest. That's my one big worry about this mode; player population won't be high at all unless they make it give out more XP or more steel than Dominion.

Most of the casual playerbase that dominate the random matchmaking are either too lazy or too short of time to bother with things like strategy and teamwork unfortunately. Therefore unless you have a pre-made team you will most often than not find the new mode frustrating due to watching your team flail about like hapless lemmings rushing to their deaths.

I hope that teamwork won't be as bad as you are projecting it will be as it didn't appear to be a major feedback issue in the PTS as of yet.
However, the concept of "teamwork" is difficult to measure and quantify, and given that the PTS was directed solely at the new mode, it will be difficult to guess if teamwork issues will be worse than dominion/any other 4v4 mode. But we'll keep it in mind.