PDA

View Full Version : If game is PEGI 18 can we get more gore and blood?

FinnOfTheHorde
09-22-2017, 05:09 PM
As we know our For Honor is PEGI 18... Can we get more brutal things (executions)? I know blood is a big problem in Ubisoft games but can we get more of it?

Herbstlicht
09-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Oh my gosh, for what reasons? You get decapitations, dismemberment and already a lot of blood.

Honestly, I would take a For Honor game with less gory and more mainstream approach for a broader audience vs a gory one anyday. I mean Overwatch or League etc. all work with millions of Players because they are not inheritly created for some specific audience.
And don't start telling me swordfighting is not for kids.

DoctorMcBatman
09-22-2017, 05:29 PM
There was a thread a few weeks ago asking for more blood/gore. The common agreement amongst players seemed that we would like our characters to get bloodied earlier than currently (which is when you're almost dead). I'm all for way more blood, but that may not be preferable for everyone.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Oh my gosh, for what reasons? You get decapitations, dismemberment and already a lot of blood.

Honestly, I would take a For Honor game with less gory and more mainstream approach for a broader audience vs a gory one anyday. I mean Overwatch or League etc. all work with millions of Players because they are not inheritly created for some specific audience.
And don't start telling me swordfighting is not for kids.

Everything doesnt have to be mainstreamed or catered to a younger audience. It has nothing to do with "sword fighting". The executions are fine, but more blood is definitely needed. Im in a fight vs 3 people swords, sexes and shields are flying but I look like I just stepped out of a Downy commercial. Ive actually put a pattern on my outfit that resembles blood when in red.

SwellChemosabe
09-23-2017, 01:15 AM
The game is rated M for mature, so I see no reason why it should be in any way catered for a younger audience. And lets be real, you cut someones head off with that kind of force there's going to be a little be more blood than what we see currently.

Likewise, yeah a discussion earlier mentioned that it'd be nice if our characters were bloodier faster so it looked like they were actually in the middle of a battle. I for one am a little tired of seeing perfectly clean axe heads on my zerker and no blood splatter despite having literally just cut through a horde of minions.

More blood please :)

and maybe an option to turn it off for those who can't stomach it

ChampionRuby50g
09-23-2017, 01:20 AM
Yep I agree. In Aus the game is MA 15+, so anyone buying this should know what to expect and not complain when they are playing a game that literally revolves around killing as many people as you can. These squeamish people shouldn't dictate the blood and gore levels. As mentioned though, give an option to turn off blood and gore.

Tundra 793
09-23-2017, 01:26 AM
As far as I'm concerned; We can already graphically and viscerally behead, dismember and apply tremendous blunt force trauma to our enemies in game.

Nothing's off limits. Tear that damn bandage off the lady Raider, show her committing war crimes tits out, like a free woman with a 6 foot axe would!

SwellChemosabe
09-23-2017, 01:36 AM
As far as I'm concerned; We can already graphically and viscerally behead, dismember and apply tremendous blunt force trauma to our enemies in game.

Nothing's off limits. Tear that damn bandage off the lady Raider, show her committing war crimes tits out, like a free woman with a 6 foot axe would!

I mean **** it, they could do it like in that conan alpha game. Option for partial or no nudity, gory dismemberment and combat, blood and bleed animations. Why not?

Tundra 793
09-23-2017, 01:38 AM
I mean **** it, they could do it like in that conan alpha game. Option for partial or no nudity, gory dismemberment and combat, blood and bleed animations. Why not?

Hell yes, that's the future.

I'm pretty tired of this silly western media philosophy where graphic violence is much more socially acceptable than modest nudity. It should be an all or nothing deal, let the developers have completely free creative reign with what they produce.

CandleInTheDark
09-23-2017, 01:38 AM
and maybe an option to turn it off for those who can't stomach it

I think an option would be a needed thing if they did that like why dismemberment and beheadings can be turned off in options. I know what it is to have triggers, honestly I can stomach what goes on in game as it stands but there are things that make me feel physically sick and the line between I can handle this and OMG my stomach is trying to crawl out of my mouth when it comes to programs and books that do go for shock value is a very thin one and one where I never know the line on any particular detail until it is crossed.

For example I like the idea of the plot of Game of Thrones but no way in hell I am going to be watching or reading it this side of ever >.> lol because just what I have heard I know goes past my limits and I play this game enough I don't want to be forced to figure out if I can manage my stomach doing somersaults if something in particular happens during the game.

SwellChemosabe
09-23-2017, 02:22 AM
Hell yes, that's the future.

I'm pretty tired of this silly western media philosophy where graphic violence is much more socially acceptable than modest nudity. It should be an all or nothing deal, let the developers have completely free creative reign with what they produce.

Bruh, tell me about it. We have movies and video games showing people cutting each others heads off and putting bullets through brains and all that jazz but the second someone shows a nipple "AWW LAWD SHIELD YO EYES CHILDREN!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH! HOW DARE THEY EXPOSE THE YOUNGLINGS TO SUCH GRAFFIC ATROCITIES!!"

SwellChemosabe
09-23-2017, 02:24 AM
I think an option would be a needed thing if they did that like why dismemberment and beheadings can be turned off in options. I know what it is to have triggers, honestly I can stomach what goes on in game as it stands but there are things that make me feel physically sick and the line between I can handle this and OMG my stomach is trying to crawl out of my mouth when it comes to programs and books that do go for shock value is a very thin one and one where I never know the line on any particular detail until it is crossed.

For example I like the idea of the plot of Game of Thrones but no way in hell I am going to be watching or reading it this side of ever >.> lol because just what I have heard I know goes past my limits and I play this game enough I don't want to be forced to figure out if I can manage my stomach doing somersaults if something in particular happens during the game.

lol Game of Thrones, that's the ****. Yeah definitely not a series for the feint of heart. I think we all definitely agree an optional selection for these would be necessary, it would be a nice balance.

problem is who knows what kids will do when their parents aren't home, and I don't think ubisoft is about to put a parental lock in a video game. Then again parents shouldn't be buying their ten year olds this game anyway, but that's a totally different discussion :P

CandleInTheDark
09-24-2017, 12:17 AM
lol Game of Thrones, that's the ****. Yeah definitely not a series for the feint of heart. I think we all definitely agree an optional selection for these would be necessary, it would be a nice balance.

problem is who knows what kids will do when their parents aren't home, and I don't think ubisoft is about to put a parental lock in a video game. Then again parents shouldn't be buying their ten year olds this game anyway, but that's a totally different discussion :P

Yeah for some it would be a choice of I don't want to see that, for others it is something that is needed or it could break the game for them. I used to love crime books but again it is a matter of I see or read something and if it is visceral enough my body reacts as if I am facing going through that myself. It is difficult to put into words just the effect it has, it took me a few times with movies and books before I realised no I haven't eaten something bad which was my original assumption, this is happening to me because of something I have watched/read. I don't even know if the suggestion in this thread would set whatever it is that happens off, I just know that in general I need to be careful.

And yeah you would hope under 18's don't play this game, somehow some manage to but not a lot to be done for that.

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 01:22 AM
I know we don't have blood spewing out of bodies and rupturing out of arteries like popped champagne, but we've brought up the idea of upping the gore to the team before - so the ultimate choice is up to them.

I really want to add a gif here but I'm not sure it's forum appropriate. ;p

ChampionRuby50g
09-24-2017, 01:35 AM
I really want to add a gif here but I'm not sure it's forum appropriate. ;p

Awww come on, you can't say you want to add a gif but then leave us wondering what it could possibly be! No fair 😛

UbiNoty
09-24-2017, 02:00 AM
Awww come on, you can't say you want to add a gif but then leave us wondering what it could possibly be! No fair ��

You can probably just google Quentin Tarantino, and you'd see something similar to what I had in mind :)

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 02:21 AM
Some people just want the blood to bleed too I guess.

SenBotsu893
09-24-2017, 02:54 PM
my gues is that its just more performance related than anything else.

the more blood drops the more additional textures are depicted. leading to more higtened performance.

that would not be an issue if the game would be a pc only title but you have to make sure everything is optimized so the consoles can handle the game as well.

thats most likley the reason blood on walls and on the floor fanishes so quickly.

AzureSky.
09-24-2017, 09:56 PM
I actually want more customization options for characters, the game already has a lot of executions and that things. you dont need more.

Malyngo
09-24-2017, 10:20 PM
Only today after a few fights in 4v4 I was looking at my hero and was thinking: Oh god, his whole face and front is drenched in blood. This will be all clingy when it dries.
I don't know, but for me, this is enough blood.
But maybe this would be a more appropriate amount?

https://youtu.be/IxTdAI4kM1o?t=53s

Tundra 793
09-24-2017, 10:29 PM
But maybe this would be a more appropriate amount?

https://youtu.be/IxTdAI4kM1o?t=53s

Close, definitely close. You have the right idea, but I was thinking more along the lines of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWzzX4lLPnU