PDA

View Full Version : DMG buff in tribute mode is to OP

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 08:31 AM
i mean, 25% permanent dmg is too high, will you immagine with gear stats? (so 20% gear + 15% defense penetration + 25% buff from shrine)...yesterday an orochi removes half life of my kensei with 1 heavy after dodge GB (bonus from dodge passive + shrine bonus) . If you don't want reduce the DMG at least give a cooldown like the passives of many heroes

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 08:37 AM
i was create a thread before that, but i don't see my thread with the mobile phone cause of this multiple threads spam...so i'm sorry for create another thread similar to the thread before

Herbstlicht
09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
I think it is not.

Reason: It puts the team that got it at an advantage. So you take this tribute back or suffer. Simple as this.

See it from a different perspective: If you manage to break the enemy team and get this flag for yourself, you might still win this game due to the advantage you just got for yourself.

So in the end: something that can be fought for and is usable by both teams can't really be overpowered at all.

However, if this game mode will feel balanced and fun .. well, that's not yet to tell. Need be out in the open for some time first with a lot of players. Season 4. That's still a lot of time to pass until then ;)

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 10:06 AM
I

However, if this game mode will feel balanced and fun .. well, that's not yet to tell. Need be out in the open for some time first with a lot of players. Season 4. That's still a lot of time to pass until then ;)

yes , this was my first impression after 10 battles,with bugs and other stuff XD...will see better in season 4

Charmzzz
09-22-2017, 10:08 AM
Isn't the Defense Buff exactly the same amount? That would make sense, so if one team gets the Defense Buff the other Team can get the Offensive OR Defensive Buff to even out.

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Isn't the Defense Buff exactly the same amount? That would make sense, so if one team gets the Defense Buff the other Team can get the Offensive OR Defensive Buff to even out.

hmmm, no, isn't the same: defensive SHRINE gives shield not damage reduction; yes is permanent, but has a cooldown of many seconds, and is +25% of your life in shield , so isn't equal, beacuse the dmg buff are 25% permanent and with every types of attacks and hasn't cooldown.

Charmzzz
09-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Ok so let's see then what 25% damage buff means:

Light attack is something around 15 Damage + 25% of that is 3,75 = ~19 Damage
Heavy attack is something around 35 Damage + 25% of that is 8,75 = ~ 44 Damage

I think it is fine in general, could be lowered to 20% or something to lower the high damage on heavies. You mention 20% from gear + 15% Def Pen and Feats but forget to mention Defensive Stats on gear and defensive Feats.

Think about it this way: you take a team of 4 Heavy's in Tribute. You now get the defensive Shrine. How should a mixed team beat that? I think they added such a high offensive buff to counter full Heavy teams.

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 11:31 AM

Think about it this way: you take a team of 4 Heavy's in Tribute. You now get the defensive Shrine. How should a mixed team beat that? I think they added such a high offensive buff to counter full Heavy teams.
simply, they are slow, so traps,. catapults, bombs, sharpen blade, add this+ more 25% of dmg and this is finish XD

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Light attack is something around 15 Damage + 25% of that is 3,75 = ~19 Damage
Heavy attack is something around 35 Damage + 25% of that is 8,75 = ~ 44 Damage

add the passives and they become over 9000

matt89connor
09-22-2017, 11:33 AM
I think it is fine in general, could be lowered to 20% or something to lower the high damage on heavies. You mention 20% from gear + 15% Def Pen and Fates but forget to mention Defensive Stats on gear and defensive Feats.

there are more defensive feats than defensive so, add this with high bonus dmg, and and 0 defense by defense penetartion, and oplÓ! die in 3 hits

Charmzzz
09-22-2017, 12:14 PM
In my experience traps are much better against fast characters than slow ones. "catapults, bombs, sharpen blade" level 3-4 feats. You maybe won't even get them vs a full heavy team because they simply don't die that often. And they mostly have UB moves and / or Hyperarmor, so they get you down in ganks pretty fast.

"there are more defensive feats than defensive so, add this with high bonus dmg, and and 0 defense by defense penetartion, and oplÓ! die in 3 hits "
- you can get more than 15% defense via gear
- when you get 15% defense penetration you wont get 20% bonus damage I think, don't know the values exactly but you have to sacrifice something for sure
- if you get only + damage and + def penetration on your gear then your revenge will be short and almost useless -> in a mode where ganks are much more frequent than they are in Dominion
- die in 3 hits? Let's see:

Warlord: 140 HP without Feats has to eat 3 Heavies with 50 damage each to get killed in 3 hits. If you eat 3 Heavies without blocking / parrying -> you deserve to die in my opinion. If you block / parry them (block damage will be low because you have to sacrifice it to get high damage and high def penetration on Weapon) -> no death in 3 hits.

D-d0g56
09-22-2017, 04:07 PM
Isn't the idea of the attack buff about making heavy classes more viable in a game that is speed orientated? That is, you need to go for the buff that is best for your team, which should be different depending on what it consist of. The classes that benefit best from this buff already on the face of it suffer from a disadvantage.

gj4063
09-22-2017, 05:00 PM
It's going to be a zerg fest. Any 1v1 balance is lost. Try to think about it more like super Mario kart than s combat gamewas we'll all have more fun.

brashtralas
09-22-2017, 10:43 PM
Disclaimer: I play on Xbox, so I haven't experienced the new mode.

Why not make it so that the offensive buff(25% attack damage increase) is only active when your character reaches (x) bars of health or (x) percent of your overall health, and the defensive buff(defense "overshield") is only active by recharging it at home base the same as you do your regular health?

This would put an emphasis on the roles these buffs are supposed to take by forcing anyone that wants to maintain the defensive buff to remain defensive, and anyone trying to take advantage of the offensive buff to actually engage in tough situations that will likely end with personal damage being dealt.

Thoughts?

UbiJurassic
09-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Thanks for dropping your thoughts on the new mode and opening it to discussion, matt89connor. Since this is the first time we've opened up the new mode for testing, the team is very keen to hear everyone's feedback on it.