PDA

View Full Version : Target Identification

dhruvr
03-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Folks,

I am a new user and having trouble flying to and finding the target. How do I actually know which heading I should take and once I am there what is the best way to spot ground targets? Can the ground targets be labelled?

Thanks for your help.

dhruvr
03-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Hi Folks,

I am a new user and having trouble flying to and finding the target. How do I actually know which heading I should take and once I am there what is the best way to spot ground targets? Can the ground targets be labelled?

Thanks for your help.

Flamin_Squirrel
03-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Hello and welcome.

The best way to find your targets (offline im assuming) is to make sure you have map icons and minimap path enabled in the difficulty settings. When you're in flight, press M to bring up the map (which you can move around with the mouse) where you should be able to see you target represented by an icon.

Actualy spoting the target when you are near can sometimes be a little tricky. Zoom in on the map and keep checking where the target is, and keep low untill you see it. After you get an idea of what to look for it should be easier.

Gershy
03-02-2004, 05:31 PM
Or if you want to fly FR. Check the briefing and look at the map for some time to remember where they are. You have a waypoint needle in on your compass which will help you. If you want to choose some other course to the target look at the map and the coordinates. then decide on your heading. 0 is North. 90 is east aso