PDA

View Full Version : Bug w/VVS fuel gauge?

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:16 PM
This may or may not be a bug, but I can't ever recall seeing the fuel gauge on a Sturmovik or I-16 ever move, regardless of the length of flight or the power setting used. Maybe the typical Sturmovik mission isn't long enough to use any noticeable fuel? I seem to remember that the original IL2 had a bug in this area too, that was later patched. Anyone else getting this, or am I the only one to actually fly the Sturmovik in campaign mode?

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:16 PM
This may or may not be a bug, but I can't ever recall seeing the fuel gauge on a Sturmovik or I-16 ever move, regardless of the length of flight or the power setting used. Maybe the typical Sturmovik mission isn't long enough to use any noticeable fuel? I seem to remember that the original IL2 had a bug in this area too, that was later patched. Anyone else getting this, or am I the only one to actually fly the Sturmovik in campaign mode?

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:24 PM
As far as I recall, the VVS gauges only display a certain amount of fuel.

If you have a lot of fuel, the needle won't move until you spent some fuel... And get in the "range" of the gauge.

Tym

XyZspineZyX
09-20-2003, 08:26 PM
I haven't tried them all, but I find that they work.

The VVS fuel gauge shows a maximum of 300 liters. So you won't see the gauge move unless you have less than that amount. Some planes have 800 liters or more.

XyZspineZyX
09-21-2003, 10:53 AM
It'll be the same type of thing with the He 162. Only the fuselage fuel tank(s) were gauged (there were also tanks in the wings), so once the fuel gauge starts dropping you'd better start thinking about heading for home.

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162 A-2 Cockpit Modeler
...and soon the Hs 129 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif