PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with those hrrible matchmaking times?

sigmazumquadrat
09-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Hello guys,

I think Ive made a big mistake. I bought today a digital copy of For Honor and also ran into a local store to get a brand new Xbox Controller for my PC to get started with this game. Almost after 7hours of downloading the game I was ready to be smashed by other ppl. But whats going on here, I cant even get into a normal PVP Game. It says that several modes are highly used but I didnt get into one of them. I mean please lets this be a joke. I spend over 60bucks for nothing? Or did I missed something, is everything dead on PC?

Mia.Nora
09-19-2017, 01:20 AM
During local prime time you can still find Dominion and Duels after a few minutes on PC, out of that it is only vs AI matchmaking off games.

guor6800
09-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Hello guys,

I think Ive made a big mistake. I bought today a digital copy of For Honor and also ran into a local store to get a brand new Xbox Controller for my PC to get started with this game. Almost after 7hours of downloading the game I was ready to be smashed by other ppl. But whats going on here, I cant even get into a normal PVP Game. It says that several modes are highly used but I didnt get into one of them. I mean please lets this be a joke. I spend over 60bucks for nothing? Or did I missed something, is everything dead on PC?

No offense mate but you should have taken reviews in regard. Connectivity problems are glaring in this game. If you wish to experience a good gaming experience in for Honor you should probably put it no hold and waiting for the big changes they ve announced. ( Dedicated servers, defense meta fix etc). Just don't expect them anytime soon. My advice is go play something else and come back in a month or two to see if any changes are made.

Charmzzz
09-19-2017, 10:51 AM
No offense mate but you should have taken reviews in regard. Connectivity problems are glaring in this game. If you wish to experience a good gaming experience in for Honor you should probably put it no hold and waiting for the big changes they ve announced. ( Dedicated servers, defense meta fix etc). Just don't expect them anytime soon. My advice is go play something else and come back in a month or two to see if any changes are made.

This is pretty much BS concerning your question OP. On PC there is alot going, I never have to wait longer than 3 minutes to find a Duel / Dominion. Elimination / Skirmish is "low" all the time, this can take a while.

First - check your NAT status. Left top corner in the main menu. It has to be at least yellow. If you are red - check your port settings on your router and open up UDP: 3074
Second - check which mode you start playing. Try out Duel vs Players and Dominion vs Players.
Third - where are you from? I heard in Oceania there are not alot of players, but Europe (where I am playing) and North / South America should be fine.

Malyngo
09-19-2017, 01:43 PM
His name suggests he is from Germany. If that is true, I also play from Germany.
Even on weekdays, I usually can get into an Dominon match, but on afternoons, this can take quite some time, and usually they aren't balanced then.
So if you want to do some gaming then, you are better off doing Duels against AI, or playing the story mode.

In the evenings, you should be able to get into a match after a few minutes.

RatedChaotic
09-19-2017, 03:15 PM
This is pretty much BS concerning your question OP. On PC there is alot going, I never have to wait longer than 3 minutes to find a Duel / Dominion. Elimination / Skirmish is "low" all the time, this can take a while.

First - check your NAT status. Left top corner in the main menu. It has to be at least yellow. If you are red - check your port settings on your router and open up UDP: 3074
Second - check which mode you start playing. Try out Duel vs Players and Dominion vs Players.
Third - where are you from? I heard in Oceania there are not alot of players, but Europe (where I am playing) and North / South America should be fine.

Not exactly....You may not experience issues in the region you play in. But since this game uses p2p and your also limited to your region. Some regions experience alot of issues. Some dont. Its ubis fault for using this kind of system. Because you have this problem of half can play while the other half cant.

If I read the reviews I wouldnt have bought this game. I wish I read them. Theres no arguing against 6000 reports and close to 3000 of them complaining about connectivity.

UbiNoty
09-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Region factors do play into queue times, but the other issues a couple of your fellow players have brought up: NAT type, game mode, what time you're playing, and your skill level - all these are also making a pretty big impact on your current queue times.

A good first step would be to check your NAT type - if it's red or yellow, a green/open NAT should make things go smoother. You can read this handy guide (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Faqs/000026170/PC-Connection-Issues-FH-PC) for steps on how to open up your NAT, or you can also go directly to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) for help.

Next, try for a busier game mode (duel/dominion) and see if it improves. As fewer players play skirmish/elimination, trying to queue up for those will only compound the queue time issues.
You should also try again during non-work/school hours and see if that helps.

Finally, as you play more and gain more rep you'll likely get matched up faster after you exit the beginner matchmaking pool. But this will take time, so it's not as easy to address in terms of matchmaking wait time symptoms.

If you try out all of the above, and your wait times are still excruciatingly long - then let us know! At that point it may be something else that's causing the problem and we can look into it for you.

guor6800
09-21-2017, 07:47 AM

70% percent of review on all platforms rage about instability. But because YOU have no problems and everything everyone else says is BS. K mate.