PDA

View Full Version : Is it fair to have orders in modes that no one plays?

DoctorMcBatman
09-17-2017, 12:18 AM
I don't mean to say there shouldn't be a diverse set of orders... but I have genuinely tried to join games to complete Brawl or Elimination orders when they pop up - and I always end up quitting matchmaking after 5 minutes of nothing. Sure, if I waited 7-10 minutes or more, maybe I'd find a match. But do I really value an extra 100-150 steel enough to need to wait an entire game's length of matchmaking/loading to get into a game? No. Especially when there's a chance of that gaming crashing and all of that searching/loading being for nothing.

I don't really have a good suggestion on how to address this unfortunately.

SwellChemosabe
09-17-2017, 12:26 AM
Unfortunately that's just the nature of some orders. The only ones you really need to do for steel are the daily ones. The rest I use for faster leveling of my heroes so I can get them better gear.

Xinlyfenne
09-17-2017, 12:38 AM
Do them vs AI with MM off, that way you can finish them very quickly.

I think the reason they keep them in is to promote gameplay in low activity modes. It doesn't seem to be working too well, however.

UbiNoty
09-17-2017, 01:37 AM
I'll make a note to bring it up with the team. We do this to try and encourage players to try out all the different game modes instead of just funnelling everyone into one game mode, but we do know that players can run into problems on less popular modes, so it'll be good to ask them to rethink these types of orders, or at least how we approach them.

DoctorMcBatman
09-17-2017, 02:01 AM
Do them vs AI with MM off, that way you can finish them very quickly.

I think the reason they keep them in is to promote gameplay in low activity modes. It doesn't seem to be working too well, however.

Good call, thanks.

I'll make a note to bring it up with the team. We do this to try and encourage players to try out all the different game modes instead of just funnelling everyone into one game mode, but we do know that players can run into problems on less popular modes, so it'll be good to ask them to rethink these types of orders, or at least how we approach them.

Thanks. It's not even that I don't like Elimination or Brawl, I do and would gladly play them to mix up the mostly Dominion/partially Duel regimen. But it's just not worth the wait time.

:S