PDA

View Full Version : Implement a fix for these ****in centurions already...

SlickCriminal27
09-16-2017, 05:13 PM
How ****in long do we have to wait for this ****? Im starting to get really tired of this crap ffs, these cancer noobs throwing the same **** over and over and over making me fall, lose stamina again and again. This one cancer trash made me go from 100% hp to 10% hp with this same crap again and again with me not having thrown a single hit.

How ****ing long will this **** take?

TSCDescon
09-16-2017, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQGLupslFs ?

SlickCriminal27
09-16-2017, 05:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQGLupslFs ?

Yea let me tell you, I was playing as Lawbringer (highest hp in the game afaik) when he did that to me. Not to mention all my gear is legendary and maxed out with everything focused on maximum defense.

SenBotsu893
09-16-2017, 08:15 PM
it would be so simple to just give him the standard 120 stamina everyone else has. that would at least be a start.

Nokhchalla
09-16-2017, 08:43 PM
it would be so simple to just give him the standard 120 stamina everyone else has. that would at least be a start.

I dont know what the hell those dlckheads at Ubisoft are doing, how long can this crap take?

SlickCriminal27
09-16-2017, 08:45 PM

I know right? A simple solution.

I dont know what the hell those dlckheads at Ubisoft are doing, how long can this crap take?

You are damn right, it feels like they are dragging this out on purpose until the next heroes gets released. Cant have those old heroes beating the a$$es of the new bloods.

brashtralas
09-16-2017, 10:48 PM
It's not that simple. Play as centurion for a bit and you'll see that he is actually quite weak when you take away his one real damage dealing combo. He can't take a hit, and he really has no strong openers.

His parry punish is insane, and his combos are tough for people to counter at first. That's his strength.

The only real solution for the centurion is to rework him and remove all the cinematic flair while reducing his stamina and adding some health and new combat options.

He's a poorly designed character.

UbiNoty
09-16-2017, 10:50 PM
How ****in long do we have to wait for this ****? Im starting to get really tired of this crap ffs, these cancer noobs throwing the same **** over and over and over making me fall, lose stamina again and again. This one cancer trash made me go from 100% hp to 10% hp with this same crap again and again with me not having thrown a single hit.

How ****ing long will this **** take?

Hopefully we should be able to get an update on hero balance progress to you all soon. I know we promised changes some time ago, but things like the full def meta changes were delayed, which has delayed hero balancing as well, and the team has said openly that they're trying to do a deeper problem-fix with centurion, so that takes more time as well. I'm very sorry I can't give you any more than that, but just be patient a little while longer - we'll deliver to you all a balanced hero roster, and I'm sure the payoff will be satisfying.

SwellChemosabe
09-16-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm by no means a centurion fan and will go out of my way to gank up on one in any dominion game I play, especially if they're cheesing the **** out of him.

That being said some of what Brashtralas said is true; a good solution would be to reduce his stamina and his health. I think a nice touch would be to increase the stamina cost of his complete combo like most characters. Like shinobi or berserker, their infinite chain capability has a significant enough of a stamina cost in that it can only last long enough to kill an opponent provided that none of the hits are blocked, dodged or parried.

Until those changes however, here is a tactic I've been using for at least a week now and so far it's seemed to work on any centurion I run into whether they're low or high level players:

be aggressive. Get up close and don't give them any room to breathe. The more heat you put on them the more they'll turtle, true, but the more careful they'll have to be. This means it'll take them a little longer to get their strategy in place. at this point you can expect that if they manage to throw out any attacks they're going for the full chain to get you OOS as quickly as possible or to bring your health down so you'll back off. In that chain typically they'll go for a guard break, which you counter, and then continue to beat their *** into the earth and keep them their.

This typically works best when I use my berserker but is also very effective with characters like highlander, gladiator, and I've seen it happen occasionally with heroes like PK and even raider.

Titanodragon
09-17-2017, 12:43 AM
I haven't played this game for like a month almost 2 months because my PS4 is messed up. Glad to see that they are activily working on this game and getting needed patches out on time...... Same old Ubisoft.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 01:32 AM
Until those changes however, here is a tactic I've been using for at least a week now and so far it's seemed to work on any centurion I run into whether they're low or high level players:

be aggressive. Get up close and don't give them any room to breathe. The more heat you put on them the more they'll turtle, true, but the more careful they'll have to be. This means it'll take them a little longer to get their strategy in place. at this point you can expect that if they manage to throw out any attacks they're going for the full chain to get you OOS as quickly as possible or to bring your health down so you'll back off. In that chain typically they'll go for a guard break, which you counter, and then continue to beat their *** into the earth and keep them their.

This typically works best when I use my berserker but is also very effective with characters like highlander, gladiator, and I've seen it happen occasionally with heroes like PK and even raider.

And what tactic do you suggest when one cruise missle cheeses you from your blind side while you're 1v1 with someone else in a dominion match?

SwellChemosabe
09-17-2017, 01:46 AM
And what tactic do you suggest when one cruise missle cheeses you from your blind side while you're 1v1 with someone else in a dominion match?

Don't be surprised when it happens? I mean yeah it sucks but you're playing a 4v4 game mode you should always at the very least expect that one of the enemy team, if not every single one of them, will jump in to gank you.

You could parry or dodge, not saying it's easy just that it's doable, and probably don't go anywhere alone unless you know for a fact you can handle yourself long enough for back up to arrive and save you.

I've said it before on many a thread in many a forum but situational awareness plays a big part in whether or not you're successful in games like this.

gj4063
09-17-2017, 01:55 AM
Don't be surprised when it happens? I mean yeah it sucks but you're playing a 4v4 game mode you should always at the very least expect that one of the enemy team, if not every single one of them, will jump in to gank you.

You could parry or dodge, not saying it's easy just that it's doable, and probably don't go anywhere alone unless you know for a fact you can handle yourself long enough for back up to arrive and save you.

I've said it before on many a thread in many a forum but situational awareness plays a big part in whether or not you're successful in games like this.

Oh gawd. Cheerlead less dude. No other class can ninja like the cent.

SwellChemosabe
09-17-2017, 01:58 AM
Maybe you missed the part where I said I don't like the centurion either, but that's ok because I get that you're upset about losing to centurions all the time. I had a rant not too long ago about the same thing. But I took some advice from the people who actually defend the cent a lot and I've found it helped, if only a little.

Cent is still annoying as **** but he's not unbeatable, at least not to me anymore.

I gave you some advice, do with it what you will.

Howard_T_J
09-17-2017, 01:58 AM

IF I can get away from that. I keep dodging back into a narrow corridor (if possible) to limit the enemies ability to flank.

SwellChemosabe
09-17-2017, 02:15 AM
IF I can get away from that. I keep dodging back into a narrow corridor (if possible) to limit the enemies ability to flank.

I do that sometimes too but most instances i'll avoid narrow hallways or corridors if I can when i'm fighting a cent to prevent any wall splat if they get their combo started.

kweassa1
09-17-2017, 02:17 AM
Yea let me tell you, I was playing as Lawbringer (highest hp in the game afaik) when he did that to me. Not to mention all my gear is legendary and maxed out with everything focused on maximum defense.

...that's a standard parry counter combo where only the heavy, jab, light is guaranteed after the parry counter. It's only 40 damage total. Nothing after the light is guaranteed.

The only reason the Shinobi got killed was because it was a 4v4 mode with feats turned on, hence Haymaker giving 10 extra damage on the parry counter and the jab... and also because the Shinobi was a total scrub that couldn't CGB even the most obvious of quickthrow points in the Cent's kit.

The heavy-jab-light-quickthrow is so obvious that anyone remotely close to average skill level can CGB it on demand. As a matter of fact, quickthrow is one of those skills that simply don't work in skill levels that are average and upwards -- it's basically a nubkiller move.

Anyone of average skill level or above usually gets caught by charged heavy-into-GBs -- never quickthrows.

Howard_T_J
09-17-2017, 02:24 AM
I do that sometimes too but most instances i'll avoid narrow hallways or corridors if I can when i'm fighting a cent to prevent any wall splat if they get their combo started.

The goal is hoping they'd fight over the space to attack me and interrupt each other. But yeah that wall splat is no fun.