PDA

View Full Version : Weapons switch-Ghost Recon

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I cannot switch weapons in the game. I just got it recently and it says in Training to hit the (default ") key to do that. Am i doing something wrong?

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 04:57 PM
I cannot switch weapons in the game. I just got it recently and it says in Training to hit the (default ") key to do that. Am i doing something wrong?

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 07:03 PM
Depends on the keyboard lay-out.
Scandinavian keyboards e.g. have these funny extra letters and there the switch-weapon key is the " " key, very left on numerical key row.

You can go to options>gameplay and remap the key.

Happy gaming.

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/famjourdan/GRsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 08:56 AM
To DRJ1,

To add to what GH said if you have a US style keyboard then below is the complete default layout.

<font color="#00FF00">Ghost Recon Default Key Board Settings</font>

<font color="#00FF00">Action</font>
Use item:________________________ Mouse 1
Run:____________________________Mouse 2
Analog zoom in:___________________Mouse wheel up
Analog zoom out:__________________Mouse wheel down
Change magazine:__________________Z
Move forward:____________________W
Move backward:__________________ S
Sidestep left:_____________________ A
Sidestep right:____________________ D
Drop stance:_____________________ C
Raise stance:_____________________ X
Peek left:________________________ Q
Peek right:_______________________ E
Select next item:___________________ ~
Weapon zoom in:__________________ R
Weapon zoom out:_________________ T
Preform action:____________________ Space
Shuffle:__________________________Left ALT
Rate of fire:_______________________F
Toggle night vision:________________ V
Select binoculars:__________________ L
Select team Alpha:__________________1
Select team Bravo:__________________2
Select team Charlie:_________________ 3
All teams hold:____________________ 4
All teams advance:_________________ 5
All teams advance at all costs:_________6
All teams recon:___________________ 7
All teams engage:__________________ 8
All teams suppress:_________________9
Select next:_______________________ Page up
Select previous:____________________Page down
Map mode:_______________________ Left shift
Stat mode:________________________Tab
Toggle command map:_______________Left control
Chat:____________________________ '
Team chat:________________________Return
Toggle console:____________________Numpad enter
Toggle camera view:_________________F1
Toggle observer mode:_______________F2
Screenshot:_______________________ F4
Quick save:_______________________ F6
Quick load:________________________F7
Toggle action interface:______________ F9
Toggle soldier panel:________________ F11
Toggle weapon panel:_______________ F12
Chat message 0:____________________Numpad 0
Chat message 1:____________________Numpad 1
Chat message 2:____________________Numpad 2
Chat message 3:____________________Numpad 3
Chat message 4:____________________Numpad 4
Chat message 5:____________________Numpad 5
Chat message 6:____________________Numpad 6
Chat message 7:____________________Numpad 7
Chat message 8:____________________Numpad 8
Chat message 9:____________________Numpad 9
Leader board:______________________ B
Command map quick view:____________M
Stat card quick view:________________ N
Increase playback rate:_______________=_______________Numpad +
Decrease playback rate:______________ - _______________Numpad -
Pause playback:____________________P

<font color="#00FF00">Command Map</font>
Zoom out:________________________ - _______________Numpad -
Zoom in:_________________________ + ______________ Numpad +
Lower map level:___________________ X
Raise map level:____________________C
Move map left:____________________ A
Move map down:___________________S
Move map right:___________________ D
Move map up:_____________________W

<CENTER>http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~tarkas/Snipe21.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I have a japanese mac and also cannot change weapons.........it would help to remap the key but as you can see from the last persons post which didnt really help much there is no switch weapon command to remap!!!

Im tearing my hair to figure how to switch weapon http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 05:06 PM
To gundam-rx78,

By default it is ~ the tidle key and called Select next item:___________________ ~ To fix this just click the "reset to defaults" tab and start again/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Just remember you can remap it to what ever you want.

<font color="#00FF00">Input</font>

Input Options control how your input reaches the game. In practical terms, that's your key configuration and how your mouse interprets the Y axis (up and down). The centre of the Input screen is a window listing all of your key inputs and their current assignments (which key you hit to get that effect). There are two tabs at the top of this window, labelled Action and Command Map. These are click able, and selecting them brings up the list of assigned keys for, respectively, the Action Phase and the Command Map.

To change a key assignment, select the function you want to remap. You can do this by clicking the function with your mouse. Then, click on the Map key button. This will bring up a window that tells you which key the function is currently mapped to, and which tells you to hit a key to re-assign that function. If you want to re-map the function, hit the key you want to use for that function. That key will now be attached to that function, and the window closes. If you decide you like the key assignment the way it is after all, you can click on the Cancel button instead. This will close the window without changing any key assignments.

<font color="#00FF00">Already Taken</font>

If you remap a function to a key that's already assigned, the new assignment will override the old one. As soon as you remap the key, the function that key was previously attached to will be unattached, and will have a blank space next to it in the list. You'll want to re-map a key for that function as well, if you intend to use it in the game.

<font color="#00FF00">Saving a Key Configuration</font>

If you come up with a Key Config that you like, you'll probably want to save it. To do so, click on the Save keys button at the lower right of the screen. This brings up the Saved Config and enter a name for that configuration so you'll be able to identify it later. If you decide you don't want to save the key config, just hit Cancel. Otherwise, type in the name and hit Accept. If you've modified a key config that's already in place, you have a choice of clicking on New Key Config and saving it under a new name, or clicking on Save Key Config, which will overwrite the current one. If you decide to overwrite the current one, you'll get a window asking you if you really want to do this. As always, you can click No and avoid overwriting your key config. If you click Yes, then your changes will be saved. You can also delete a key configuration if you'd like by selecting it and then clicking the Delete Key Config button. Again, you'll be asked if you really want to do this. If so, click Yes. If not, click No.

<font color="#00FF00">Loading a Key Configuration</font>

Clicking on this takes you to a similar window as Save Key Config. You'll have the option of loading a key config, deleting one, or cancelling the operation, and a list of saved key configurations to choose from. You can also Cancel out of this screen.

<CENTER>http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~tarkas/Snipe21gold.jpg <CENTER>
<CENTER><font face="Georgia Ref"size="3"color="#8B816E">UBISoft/GR Forum Moderator</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="mailto:snipe21@ssth.com"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#8B816E">Email Me</font></center><CENTER> <CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">UBI/Terms of Use</font></center><CENTER><CENTER><A HREF="http://www.ubi.com/US/CommunityZone/Forums/guidelines"><font face="Georgia Ref"size="2"color="#FFFF00">Forum Guidelines</font></center><CENTER>