PDA

View Full Version : It seems not fair to spam 3 leap attacks in a row....

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 12:44 PM
...for the heavys like the broadsword viking and a assasin like a orochi cant get out of range with a sprint/combat roll. 3 leaps is a 100% death, not enough i cant even interrupt his swing with a own heavy attack, i would understand a armored cant be interrupted be a light attack but a heavy attack should do interrupt.

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 01:36 PM
Well you are dodging too early for one and two it's only 25 damage so you still have two bars even if he lands it 3 times, which he shouldn't. The attack is a full second long which for you should mean a free parry, instead of dodging you should punish him for using such a terrible attack.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 01:44 PM
You talk about a 1vs1 duell scenario, in dominion there are often situations where you face 3vs1 and you need to get the fkk out....there should be a short delay after the second, a sword that size....its ridicolous to spam it 3 times without delay and that range...or make the orochi run/combat roll faster

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 01:46 PM
You talk about a 1vs1 duell scenario, in dominion there are often situations where you face 3vs1 and you need to get the fkk out....

I still have no problem parrying that and it's still a much better option than trying to dodge it since you will auto parry every incoming attack. Also if you have enough time and space to attempt to interrupt them then you have enough time and space to get a parry off instead. It's still a full second long so it doesn't really make sense to have gripes with this attack when there are far faster attacks that do more damage, for instance Orochi double light.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 01:57 PM
when im facing my back because im about to run how can i parry?

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 01:59 PM
when im facing my back because im about to run how can i parry?

Ok then roll at the right time, you're doing it too early.

Vakris_One
09-13-2017, 02:32 PM
If you time your rolls at the right time you will dodge any attack while running away.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 03:10 PM
yes i know that, even when running towards an enemy i can dodge by rolling but exactly here is my problem, i dodge the first attack of this broadsword get up on my feets about to run and there it is the second attack already which hits me, interrupts me and even before i can set to sprint again im hit again and again.

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 03:39 PM
yes i know that, even when running towards an enemy i can dodge by rolling but exactly here is my problem, i dodge the first attack of this broadsword get up on my feets about to run and there it is the second attack already which hits me, interrupts me and even before i can set to sprint again im hit again and again.

The only attack he can follow up with is headbutt and you'll be out of range

DoctorMcBatman
09-13-2017, 05:00 PM
It's tough to time every roll correctly, especially if it's a PK or orochi chasing you. But that's the point, it's supposed to be tough to run from a fight. If you're getting ganked, yeah that sucks, but assassin "leaping" is completely fair game IMO.

<---- definitely not a PK/orochi main.

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 05:09 PM
It's tough to time every roll correctly, especially if it's a PK or orochi chasing you. But that's the point, it's supposed to be tough to run from a fight. If you're getting ganked, yeah that sucks, but assassin "leaping" is completely fair game IMO.

<---- definitely not a PK/orochi main.

Funny thing is he's not even talking about with assassin. He's talking about warlords Jump attack.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 11:06 PM
Funny thing is he's not even talking about with assassin. He's talking about warlords Jump attack.

Well i dont know the name, its a viking with a two hand sowrd which is so huge and must weight at least 150 pounds and has a range that you cant get out of it after he hit you once. First hit, combat roll and right when on feet again to continue running BAM second hit which interrupts you and even the combat roll is still on cooldown BAM third hit...

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Well i dont know the name, its a viking with a two hand sowrd which is so huge and must weight at least 150 pounds and has a range that you cant get out of it after he hit you once. First hit, combat roll and right when on feet again to continue running BAM second hit which interrupts you and even the combat roll is still on cooldown BAM third hit...

From your original description I thought you meant warlord but now it sounds more like highlander which doesn't make sense since he doesn't have a leaping attack. The closest thing is his dash heavy and of course you can't roll out of that after you've been hit, it's a chain. You have to block or parry the next attack. He's quite possibly the worst character in the game he doesn't need any nerfs especially not to the attack you are describing.

Zoolagg
09-13-2017, 11:22 PM
From your original description I thought you meant warlord but now it sounds more like highlander which doesn't make sense since he doesn't have a leaping attack. The closest thing is his dash heavy and of course you can't roll out of that after you've been hit, it's a chain. You have to block or parry the next attack. He's quite possibly the worst character in the game he doesn't need any nerfs especially not to the attack you are describing.

ok i see. so i have only the option not to run when i face him with 2-3 of his team and just die like a man :D

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 11:30 PM
ok i see. so i have only the option not to run when i face him with 2-3 of his team and just die like a man :D

Or block until you get revenge and then run away, sorry but highlander is bad and he doesn't need nerfs. He isn't even the best at what you seem to have a gripe with. All of the assassins are far better at pursuing and keeping you in your place since they are so much faster. Get away from highlander once and he will never catch up to you.

Zoolagg
09-14-2017, 12:29 AM
Or block until you get revenge and then run away, sorry but highlander is bad and he doesn't need nerfs. He isn't even the best at what you seem to have a gripe with. All of the assassins are far better at pursuing and keeping you in your place since they are so much faster. Get away from highlander once and he will never catch up to you.

allright, well im a noob trying to master my orochi first before jumping to another character, got only 47hours played so far. seems i need more time to grasp the pros and cons of every class :D

Antonioj26
09-14-2017, 12:35 AM
allright, well im a noob trying to master my orochi first before jumping to another character, got only 47hours played so far. seems i need more time to grasp the pros and cons of every class :D

No worries man, you got the right attitude. It's too bad more people don't think that way, a lot of attacks might seem like they don't have a reliable counter but when you get used to them you'll learn most things do.

Zoolagg
09-14-2017, 01:16 AM
No worries man, you got the right attitude. It's too bad more people don't think that way, a lot of attacks might seem like they don't have a reliable counter but when you get used to them you'll learn most things do.

Thanks for the answers hints :D