PDA

View Full Version : My official Tier List,1V1, 4V4(PC) - Post Warlord Nerf

Curently
09-11-2017, 05:02 PM
OK so many will probally be confused with some of the entries on why where I have put them, but I feel like this tier list is very accurate with my experience with high tier players.
This list does not take into consideration bugs and exploits.
Duel
Top Tier: Gladiator, Centurion, raider
Mid Tier: Orochi, Nubushi, Shinobi, beserker, warlord, highlander, Lawbringer
Low tier: Warden, PK, Conquer, Kensei

Top Tier are the best of the bunch, normally beating everyone else with relative ease unless the opponent is also top tier.
Mid Tier are decent characters who can hold there own against Top tier and can beat low tier character with relative ease.
Low Tier are the bottom of the barrel, with capabilities of beating mid tier, and unless there a massive skill gap between you and your opponent you will lose to top tier.

Dominion
Top Tier: Gladiator, centurion, Shinobi, Lawbringer
Mid tier: Warlord, highlander, Conquer, Raider, Nubushi, Orochi
Low Tier: PK, Warden, Beserker, Conquer, Kensei

With this the way I ranked it is a little different, with me taking into how powerful they are with a typical 1V1 environment how strong their ganking potential is and how likely they are to survive a gank.

If you disagree place a comment and I will try to answer or legitimize your opinion.

Jab_Jab_Wins
09-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Pk as low tier? Really? Come on. A class that has attacks so fast they have to be guessed (talking about ps4). That doesn't make any sense, pk is definetely top tier

Lyskir
09-11-2017, 06:20 PM
OK so many will probally be confused with some of the entries on why where I have put them, but I feel like this tier list is very accurate with my experience with high tier players.
Duel

Top Tier are the best of the bunch, normally beating everyone else with relative ease unless the opponent is also top tier.
Mid Tier are decent characters who can hold there own against Top tier and can beat low tier character with relative ease.
Low Tier are the bottom of the barrel, with capabilities of beating mid tier, and unless there a massive skill gap between you and your opponent you will lose to top tier.

Dominion

With this the way I ranked it is a little different, with me taking into how powerful they are with a typical 1V1 environment how strong their ganking potential is and how likely they are to survive a gank.

If you disagree place a comment and I will try to answer or legitimize your opinion.

Put Raider to Mid Tier and PK to Top Tier in 1v1, its more accurate this way
Warden is also still Mid Tier

"Top Tier are the best of the bunch, normally beating everyone else with relative ease unless the opponent is also top tier".

seriously? do u ever played as a Raider ? u have to play risky af, he has 0 save openers

Curently
09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
The reason she isn't top tier is again I'm using my tier list in high tier play, and in high tier she is useless she has no openers and besides her zone she cannot do anything, you literally need to hold your guard to right and her lights are easy to parry(at the point I'm at at least), and not kidding at some points me and some others were parrying her zone, just shows her little she can actually do.

Raider is because at the moment he has 50/50's that the warden would be jealous of great mix ups great punishes and his forward throw normally makes you go out of stamina leading to you being forced into situations where he will throw a heavy zone. His punish damage when your thrown on the floor is disgusting as his normal punish will normally give a top heavy into a 50/50 heavy zone.

And again this is for PC, In PS4 I do understand that she is pretty cancerous but in PC most times you see her you think of a free win.

Xaviloga
09-11-2017, 06:30 PM
Shugoki?....

Lyskir
09-11-2017, 06:36 PM
The reason she isn't top tier is again I'm using my tier list in high tier play, and in high tier she is useless she has no openers and besides her zone she cannot do anything, you literally need to hold your guard to right and her lights are easy to parry(at the point I'm at at least), and not kidding at some points me and some others were parrying her zone, just shows her little she can actually do.

Raider is because at the moment he has 50/50's that the warden would be jealous of great mix ups great punishes and his forward throw normally makes you go out of stamina leading to you being forced into situations where he will throw a heavy zone. His punish damage when your thrown on the floor is disgusting as his normal punish will normally give a top heavy into a 50/50 heavy zone.

And again this is for PC, In PS4 I do understand that she is pretty cancerous but in PC most times you see her you think of a free win.

you can parry/Block heavy into stunning tab on reaction

you can GB raider while he is doing his zone, the window for that is huge

and you can interruped the zone/stunning tab mixup with a simple light attack or dodge BOTH by dodging into where the attack is coming from with the right timing

just because you have trouble against him does not mean he is Top Tier ;)

the only hero that can call him Top Tier is warden cause he can negate all his shoulderbash mixups

Lyskir
09-11-2017, 06:51 PM
ahh i checked your For Honor Profile, you are indeed a warden main thats why u put raider into top tier and warden into low tier

than is a really subjective view good sir

raider must be Top Tier cause he counters warden right? ;)

Curently
09-11-2017, 07:08 PM
OK lets now talk about why warden isn't op, he can only attack from two directions which is a top light and zone, both which are basically crappy versions of orochi, and with getting a free GB on blocking his zone.His "Vortex" is crap, when I face Setmyx the warden who SB first always gets punished as we both know how to counter it, especially since he can only cancel it into a GB on the first stage meaning the second stage he can only launch it early or make it go to stage 3, this is the reason why it is useless (also you can casually roll away from it if you still feel like you won't be able to dodge it right).
When I play warden I win most of the time, but the problem is SB is either used most of the game or none of it, since players I see go into 2 categories players who know how to counter it and will punish you for using it or players who just don't move and guess and try to dash to the side to dodge it. When Im against the ladder their normally high prestige who mainly just parry to get their main damage. The moment I went up against a rep 40 Orochi, the game was his due tot he fact that my zone was useless, my SB was useless and the only real way I could damage him was through him whiffing GB's or me getting a parry.

Also Raider... He has the strongest punishes in the game, a forward charge which if he gets off parry into GB, will always deplete your stamina, lots of mix ups, and the "Huge time" to GB him out of it is mostly done of prediction and not reaction, that zone is one of the the definitions of a 50/50(Still don't think it should be nerfed though). The reason being is that you actually need to learn Raider, the moment you learn to parry and have decent stamina management he becomes a monster who can beat the entire cast (Maybe not glad though).

If you believe anything I have said is incorrect give me examples of "High tier game play", this means decent players aka people with experience, meaning rep 40+ and not people being incapable of countering simple things or are still relatively new to the game still.

And what does me being a Warden main mean?

Here's a story, I played ranked and went against a warden. Me vs him both warden's what ended up happening is for the first 2 rounds he would throw out a light which I would either parry or crushing counter, he would throw out a flicker zone that I would either Block or parry. And only 1 SB hit me and that was after he used it when he got 1 crushing counter on me. He was Rep 28, yet I was beating him like a rag doll. What ended up happening is that he did nothing because he knew I could counter everything he did(BTW I played aggressively) the problem wasn't about turtling, it was that warden is a predictable character you will know what he is going to do and people capitalize on that. That's why in high tier play the only people like me play him, not because he's good but because he was my main since BETA, do you really think the conquer and Kensei mains play them still because they are good? No it's because they want to play them, no matter how bad they are.

Curently
09-11-2017, 07:12 PM
I would say yes you are right, if he couldn't cancel his zone. The way your acting like is that the raider will always let it go, and that's the point of it its a 50/50 he can cancel it, and good Raiders "And I have seen some very good Raiders," will not allow that to happen more then once, unless your predictable and that's not a character problem that's a problem with you as a player.

HumoLoco
09-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Duel

Dominion

More accurate is
Peacekeeper to top tier( because her fast attack)
Berserker to mid tier( berserker on low tier is not make sense to me at all. also berserker might be top tier if someone know how to use it)
Centurion to mid tier( but to me it's low tier, because centurion cant beat orochi, berserker, peacekeeper, nobushi, and conquer at the highest level skills).
Shugoki to mid tier( might be top tier either unless someone know how to use him such as his Uninterruptible Stance and his deflect light attack without being interrupt himself)
Gladiator to troll tier.( hes really meaningless to this tier. there's no way i can define him in the tier i play him can beat almost all heroes)
shinobi to low tier( due to everyone easy to counter his attack before the nerf but can be top tier if someone know how to use shinobi at high level skills)

and the rest of them are remaining to the tiers.

RatedChaotic
09-11-2017, 07:33 PM
Your experience with high tier players.....

Got videos?

Without exploits and bugs......

Do you really think this game would be played the same if it was bug free?

Nuff said...

Curently
09-11-2017, 07:46 PM
Very very good points, tbh, the dominion is the hardest rank mainly due to the comps that each team have, but I judged my list on what I mainly see, but everything you have ranked I do admit is subjective and yes gladiator is just troll in domnion :nonchalance:

Curently
09-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Sure I could probably get videos this weekend, I will show ranked games (plat 2-3) and show how warden does and how the dramatic difference between low and top tier characters. (BTW don't be sad with the video because the main thing you are going to see are glads and cents).

S0Mi_xD
09-12-2017, 04:21 AM
ahh i checked your For Honor Profile, you are indeed a warden main thats why u put raider into top tier and warden into low tier

than is a really subjective view good sir

raider must be Top Tier cause he counters warden right? ;)

I agree with this man, this "tier list" was made out of a subjective point of view.

To make a accurate point of view you would need..
A: long experience with EVERY hero (fighting them and playing them).
Judging from your For Honor Profile (which I don't like to rely on but I don't have any other options) you have much time spend with warden, and some time with lawbringer, 6 heroes are not listed and the rest isn't worth to mention with 20 min - 1 hour.

A overall rich experience is not given, so this can't be the case.
(don't take this personally, there are only few people in the world who would fit this circumstance - and even then you would need to be objective and thats not easy, because everyone has a fav hero, who you sympathize with or you are most comfortable to play with)

B: If you make a tier list based on potential of the heroes, that means only judged/based on theory (the moves set and the stats like dmg, recovery etc)

C: Or if many experienced people bring in their points into one tier list, minimum 2 Persons for each Hero means at least lets say 30 people (because you can be very experienced with more than one hero)

Also, it already starts when you say "MY official Tier List" those both words contradict with each other. And you don't need to say "it only means, that it was made by me" - no, it is already set in stone, out of a psychological perspective, if you start it like that.

I made a tier list as well, long ago... it was also "my" tier list, and at first I thought I was pretty accurate - but after a while I realized, there was very much of my subjective point of view.

Also, if you want to make a tier list that should be "officially" acknowledged, it would need to be point C or if it is A or B you would need to explain EVERY SINGLE POINT why you set a Hero this way.

Just take a look at it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1663821-it-is-TIER-TIIIIIMEEEE!
Just in case, it is a mix out of A and B

mrmistark
09-12-2017, 05:30 AM
As this is PC, I would like to give my opinionated tier list for xbox, keep in mind this is an opinion and my experience. It is based off of all players as a whole and more focused on the character rather than skill. I like to generalize the skill in order to have a solid control for each characters tier overall, not just "this player I ran into was the best I've ever seen" so also keep that in mind. You can win with any hero against any character if you're good enough, so I will make this list assuming you're the same average/slightly better than average skill with each character:

HIGH: Centurion (simply because punishments and stam pool), Peacekeeper

HIGH MID: Warlord, Highlander (strong DS, tons of mix up options in OS), Raider, Lawbringer

MID: Orochi, Gladiator, Warden

LOW MID: Valkyrie, Shugoki, Berserker, Nobushi

LOW: Kensei, Conqueror, Shunobi

Just my take on characters at the moment. I'm basing this all off of 1v1, because really it doesn't matter ganking wise, 2v1 hypothetically you should always win. That being said top tier is Centurion, Lawbringer, Shinobi and Gladiator, all because they have a sort of "pinning" factor or a move who's completion take a long time. The rest I feel don't have that much more of a significant impact to bother making a tier list. Again, just my opinion, respectfully just want to see other console players opinions.

My.Insanity
09-12-2017, 07:18 AM
the point that Valkyrie isnt even on this "Tier list" should show the Devs that she is absolut Trash!!! In duel is is Trash Tier - Low Tier and in 4on4 she is Low - Mid Tier. But hey lets complain on f**king Kensei for beeing Low tier....

PDXGorechild
09-12-2017, 10:37 AM

HIGH MID: Warlord, Highlander (strong DS, tons of mix up options in OS), Raider, Lawbringer

This is a far more accurate representation of what it's actually like than the OP, who has clearly based his list from the perspective of a Warden. Well done mrmistark.

The High tier hero - Centurion, needs a number of nerfs or a rework. He's ridiculous and boring to play against in the right hands. I'd put PK in high mid to be honest. Her fast attacks are nightmare on PS4 but I don't feel she's as unfair as the Cent.

The high mid classes are generally the ones that need one of their mechanics changing, like the raiders charge or lawbringers shove, to bring them in line with mid tier. (Not sure yet whether id place highlander here, i'd probably swap him around with gladiator in mid tier) The Warlord is still a solid all rounder.

The mid tier classes should be the benchmark for Ubi to balance all the other classes. I firmly believe the Warden is one of the best balanced classes in the game. I hear a lot of Orochi's crying for a rework, but i've played against some very skilled players who are terrifying with Orochi. Some of his moves are pretty useless, but hey, I play Berserker, all my moves are useless if you understand them!

Low mid - totally agree. All these classes need a bit of love, but still have potential in the right hands.

Low: Kensei's give me a hard time, so I don't understand this one, but the community as a whole seems to agree Kensei is trash so i'll save my opinion on that one. Conqueror needs a total rework and is getting one. Shinobi is definitely in need of love, unless you've got mad skills he's a piece of cake for most classes to shut down in a few moves.

Netcode_err_404
09-12-2017, 03:53 PM
As this is PC, I would like to give my opinionated tier list for xbox, keep in mind this is an opinion and my experience. It is based off of all players as a whole and more focused on the character rather than skill. I like to generalize the skill in order to have a solid control for each characters tier overall, not just "this player I ran into was the best I've ever seen" so also keep that in mind. You can win with any hero against any character if you're good enough, so I will make this list assuming you're the same average/slightly better than average skill with each character:

Just my take on characters at the moment. I'm basing this all off of 1v1, because really it doesn't matter ganking wise, 2v1 hypothetically you should always win. That being said top tier is Centurion, Lawbringer, Shinobi and Gladiator, all because they have a sort of "pinning" factor or a move who's completion take a long time. The rest I feel don't have that much more of a significant impact to bother making a tier list. Again, just my opinion, respectfully just want to see other console players opinions.

LB and HL better than warden, gladiator and shugoki ?

In which dimension ?

mrmistark
09-12-2017, 06:05 PM
This is a far more accurate representation of what it's actually like than the OP, who has clearly based his list from the perspective of a Warden. Well done mrmistark.

The High tier hero - Centurion, needs a number of nerfs or a rework. He's ridiculous and boring to play against in the right hands. I'd put PK in high mid to be honest. Her fast attacks are nightmare on PS4 but I don't feel she's as unfair as the Cent.

The high mid classes are generally the ones that need one of their mechanics changing, like the raiders charge or lawbringers shove, to bring them in line with mid tier. (Not sure yet whether id place highlander here, i'd probably swap him around with gladiator in mid tier) The Warlord is still a solid all rounder.

The mid tier classes should be the benchmark for Ubi to balance all the other classes. I firmly believe the Warden is one of the best balanced classes in the game. I hear a lot of Orochi's crying for a rework, but i've played against some very skilled players who are terrifying with Orochi. Some of his moves are pretty useless, but hey, I play Berserker, all my moves are useless if you understand them!

Low mid - totally agree. All these classes need a bit of love, but still have potential in the right hands.

Low: Kensei's give me a hard time, so I don't understand this one, but the community as a whole seems to agree Kensei is trash so i'll save my opinion on that one. Conqueror needs a total rework and is getting one. Shinobi is definitely in need of love, unless you've got mad skills he's a piece of cake for most classes to shut down in a few moves.

Hey, I appreciate it man haha. Yeah I could definitely be convinced with some differences in my list. I definitely agree about the high mid, just little reworks, spot on with raiders charge and laws shove. Laws shove wouldn't be bad if it wasn't so spammable through a simple block. Highlander I put in high mid just because of how versatile his defense mode options are and how many mind games his OS offers as well, though I think he's just hard to gauge overall because a steep learning curve to his kit. Personally I think glad is very balanced. I could see a little fix to maybe his zone but I think the rest is fine, maybe unallowing toe stab to be inserted anywhere in a chain just because it's spammability and him already having skewer mix ups, but really nothing he has is unfair IMO. Kensei in the right hands is decent, but blocking top and then reaction to other attacks will help you against him, he's getting a rework anyways though with new moves supposedly, so we shall see how it goes

mrmistark
09-12-2017, 06:13 PM

LB and HL better than warden, gladiator and shugoki ?

In which dimension ?

I know it's not a popular opinion, but honestly (perhaps it is just cause I'm on Xbox or maybe the Warden community I keep playing is just not great) I find Warden kind of underwhelming for all the hype. All his moves are interuptable, only top light and zone get me sometimes, but if you're more patient with going for parries and stuff you won't get tricked into getting crushing counterstriked or reversely parried. His sb is decently strong for sure, but honestly against any more aggressive player you'll be interrupted before it can go off. Just my 2 cents, I see his potential to be really strong, but I just haven't bumped into a single warden that ever gave me trouble.

bananaflow2017
09-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Duel

Dominion

Domion:
Maybe I am wrong, but I the dominion Meta is: raider lawbringer zerker and nobushi.

UbiNoty
09-14-2017, 12:59 AM
Any tier list will be highly subjective and variable based on your own perspective, your skill level, the mode you prefer, the heroes you play, etc. So let's not dismiss anyone for giving their opinion.

And while we don't subscribe to any single official tier list, we do still find these types of things very helpful for insight into your perspective as a community. When UbiJurassic and I create tier lists for ourselves to try and guage community sentiment, we do rely on getting your feedback in this form as well. So even though there's no right or wrong, we still want to see these!

Antonioj26
09-14-2017, 01:05 AM
Domion:
Maybe I am wrong, but I the dominion Meta is: raider lawbringer zerker and nobushi.

Prior to the warlord nerf it was pk, raider, warlord, and nobu so I can see lb replacing wArllord but I can't see zerk taking pks place

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 03:32 AM
Prior to the warlord nerf it was pk, raider, warlord, and nobu so I can see lb replacing wArllord but I can't see zerk taking pks place

PK revenge rules xDD

https://youtu.be/hvLosL8MTAo

(I know just parry :D)

Antonioj26
09-14-2017, 03:34 AM
PK revenge rules xDD

https://youtu.be/hvLosL8MTAo

(I know just parry :D)

Lol, exactly my point. She's a monster in dominion.

S0Mi_xD
09-14-2017, 03:38 AM
Lol, exactly my point. She's a monster in dominion.

with the old revenge, she REALLY was a monster... that was ridiculous - - - and some people still wishing it back :'D