PDA

View Full Version : I bet devs work with minimum wage...

Goat3_Saeko
09-11-2017, 02:41 PM
There is no other explanation ubi soft doesn't pay well so that's why devs don't give a fck about community..

Vakris_One
09-11-2017, 03:01 PM
There is no other explanation ubi soft doesn't pay well so that's why devs don't give a fck about community..
Well they certainly don't get paid enough for the amount of abuse they get simply for daring to make an original game that people obviously can't stop playing.

PDXGorechild
09-11-2017, 03:41 PM
Well they certainly don't get paid enough for the amount of abuse they get simply for daring to make an original game that people obviously can't stop playing.

Init.

Could you enlighten me TBH_Saeko_Irri as to which games you've played where the dev's read the forums, reply and frequently implement changes related to concerns voiced by the community? Cause as far as I can remember, I haven't played any others.

CandleInTheDark
09-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Never fails to amuse me how people think maybe if they insult the people they want a favour from they will do exactly what they want :rolleyes:

But let's talk about what they do in the community.

Three reps who are on the forum here on a day to day basis (and a fourth from time to time) who take questions and suggestions to the devs.

One of the devs is on reddit every week day answering questions and taking suggestions to the rest of the team. (>.> I stalk his reddit activity as well as rep responses on the forum to answer anything I can that comes up on here so yeah I know this)

Every single week a livestream in which they share any news there is and have a Q&A with questions from the forum, reddit and the twitch stream chat..

A roadmap that details what we can expect in the next half year or so.

A constant work on balancing rather than making knee jerk changes, and yet when something gamebreaking is found they spend the whole weekend outside of their usual hours working on a fix for it. As well as this, regular new content in characters,maps and an upcoming new game mode.

Putting work in changing the game's fight meta, testing it and getting feedback to put into practice.

Community workshop with For Honor streamers.

Public test servers.

Realising that for their long term goal they need to go to dedicated servers and starting the work for it.

Working on improving features such as the training mode which they say is due season 4.

But maybe you have launched a unique game with a community fanbase and have some sterling examples from personal experience of working with the community that you would like to share with the devs in order to help them do even better. Go ahead, I'll wait.

S0Mi_xD
09-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Init.

Could you enlighten me TBH_Saeko_Irri as to which games you've played where the dev's read the forums, reply and frequently implement changes related to concerns voiced by the community? Cause as far as I can remember, I haven't played any others.

Warframe :D

Aarpian
09-11-2017, 04:30 PM

You can accuse them of all manner of incompetencies, but name me another developer who does weekly streams with the developers for the community's sake. They might be terrible at balancing and designing their own game but they have 10/10 community interaction.

DrinkinMyStella
09-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Never fails to amuse me how people think maybe if they insult the people they want a favour from they will do exactly what they want :rolleyes:

But let's talk about what they do in the community.

Three reps who are on the forum here on a day to day basis (and a fourth from time to time) who take questions and suggestions to the devs.

One of the devs is on reddit every week day answering questions and taking suggestions to the rest of the team. (>.> I stalk his reddit activity as well as rep responses on the forum to answer anything I can that comes up on here so yeah I know this)

Every single week a livestream in which they share any news there is and have a Q&A with questions from the forum, reddit and the twitch stream chat..

A roadmap that details what we can expect in the next half year or so.

A constant work on balancing rather than making knee jerk changes, and yet when something gamebreaking is found they spend the whole weekend outside of their usual hours working on a fix for it. As well as this, regular new content in characters,maps and an upcoming new game mode.

Putting work in changing the game's fight meta, testing it and getting feedback to put into practice.

Community workshop with For Honor streamers.

Public test servers.

Realising that for their long term goal they need to go to dedicated servers and starting the work for it.

Working on improving features such as the training mode which they say is due season 4.

But maybe you have launched a unique game with a community fanbase and have some sterling examples from personal experience of working with the community that you would like to share with the devs in order to help them do even better. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Amen you said it all.

We.the.North
09-11-2017, 10:43 PM
From an ex-Ubisoft Montreal employee :

#1 : As it is the case in every big AAA companies, yes, employee doesn't have the best working conditions. It's actually quite bad and I happily quit after 2 years.

#2 : Ubisoft Montreal gets 37.5% tax credit on their workers salaries. As a result, they can pay them well above average. The living cost in Quebec is quite fair. You can make a very decent living working there with only a college degree as a "grunt".

UbiInsulin
09-11-2017, 11:40 PM
One of the devs is on reddit every week day answering questions and taking suggestions to the rest of the team. (>.> I stalk his reddit activity as well as rep responses on the forum to answer anything I can that comes up on here so yeah I know this).

I too stalk Eric Pope's reddit account. >.>

@OP, If you have any specific issues that you feel we could do a better job communicating on, we're all ears.