PDA

View Full Version : OMG - _ - What did you do to WARLORD!=?

S0Mi_xD
09-10-2017, 12:56 PM
So i played Warlord and asked my self if they are already implemented the nerfs on PS4 - the current situation with the Warlord nerf is... not much changed about him.

It's the same situation with the warden "nerf" for his shoulderbash, and nearly nobody felt a huge difference.

The only thing i see is, they nerfed his parry punish, thats all.
But they balanced his overall dmg very good, he has now a solid 55/50 dmg OOS punish.

And his headbutt is now abit better to react, but a difference isn't really that noticable.

Also his full block stance finally has a real weakpoint for those who love to turtle in it ^^

So basicly - no difference xD
I don't know why people still cry out so loud that he is trash tier now and ubi destroyed him.

CrunaCross
09-10-2017, 01:01 PM
I also said that I completely agree with these balance changes. Certainly it's not destroyed only some of his full turtle was nerfed, and he is pushed more towards doing his chains instead of just engage and turtle back all the time.

S0Mi_xD
09-10-2017, 01:23 PM
I also said that I completely agree with these balance changes. Certainly it's not destroyed only some of his full turtle was nerfed, and he is pushed more towards doing his chains instead of just engage and turtle back all the time.

Exactly, thats how i feel as well.

Befor they where released i worried aswell like others but now i don't see any real difference.

Haemmerst0rm
09-10-2017, 01:29 PM
The changes may be good on console, but warlord is dead on pc. He is useless in high tier gameplay...

S0Mi_xD
09-10-2017, 01:41 PM
The changes may be good on console, but warlord is dead on pc. He is useless in high tier gameplay...

"high tier gameplay" do you mean exploit abuse and parry abuse?

Then yes, they balanced warlord well, now we need a def meta patch, the removal of the zone buffer (this will eliminate zoneflicker and all unlock exploits related to the abuse of this buffer)

And after that we can look into the heroes to balance them

The_B0G_
09-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Warlord was the only character I still seen consistently holding off 3-4 players after the revenge nerf, anyone who didn't think he needed a nerf is full of s***.

Good Warlords were extremely hard to kill, high defense mixed with high health, even when they don't get a hit on you, eventually a teammate would come help them and then WL just headbutts you into oblivion.

Good job on the nerf. Now we just need to nerf Cents cutscene attacks off of one mistake.

CrunaCross
09-10-2017, 02:22 PM

Well normally you shouldn't be on par with high tier PLAYERS. But many balance issues are giving many players a chance even if they are not exactly skilled. Wille the warlord balance adjustment is not everything, it is certainly a step in the right direction

XJadeDragoonX
09-10-2017, 02:47 PM

To be fair, the game is balanced together. Pc and console get the same thing. And if we are being honest, there's a fraction of players who play on pc compared to console. So if it's gonna be balanced that way, it should be balanced for console as priority. This game was meant for console as priority in the first place so it makes sense

kweassa1
09-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Well I did try to keep an open mind to the changes, and so far the impression I get is:

(1) 300ms forward dash-to-headbutt activation delay : it's a bit extreme. I certainly DO understand why it was done, since I can easily imagine the devs didn't want to slow the headbutt itself down, so obviously they came up with a way to keep the 500ms activation intact, but still slow it down -- the end result being increase in the delay. Still it's a bit much IMO... maybe some middle-point would be better.

(2) increased dodge recovery: again, the intent I understand, but perhaps a little too extreme. Again, a middle-point would be better overall IMO.

(3) nerf in damage: honestly speaking, this was warranted. For one-handed weapon the heavy damage was way too strong. I can live with this one.

(4) shield counter combo nerf: again, warranted. The nerf in stamina damage is well justified, and changes in the counter slash isn't too bad. The stun-daze does thankfully make it considerably difficult for the opponent to just parry the heavy slash bit -- especially now that you can change directions, and still continue the attack as a 1st attack of a heavy-light combo. So the choice is given -- parry-GB-heavy for a straight up guaranteed damage, or parry-shieldcounter-heavy for extra stamina damage at the price of non guaranteed damage. ESPECIALLY considering the fact that this just REEKS of a change in preparation for the defensive meta fix, I can dig it.

IMO the same line of changes should happen to all the classes with techincally/mechanically identical skills in the game, and it should be fine. My guess? The Warlord is a testbed for incoming changes of similar types to other classes, such as the cent and the conq, gladiator.

The cent will probably receive exactly the same changes to the parry-parrycounter, and the gladiator, cent, conq will be receiving same line of changes with their "bash" type MA attacks.

I do feel it's a bit heavy nerf, but I certainly understand the "why" behind it, so I'll keep an open mind still.

Lyskir
09-10-2017, 06:20 PM
Well I did try to keep an open mind to the changes, and so far the impression I get is:

(1) 300ms forward dash-to-headbutt activation delay : it's a bit extreme. I certainly DO understand why it was done, since I can easily imagine the devs didn't want to slow the headbutt itself down, so obviously they came up with a way to keep the 500ms activation intact, but still slow it down -- the end result being increase in the delay. Still it's a bit much IMO... maybe some middle-point would be better.

(2) increased dodge recovery: again, the intent I understand, but perhaps a little too extreme. Again, a middle-point would be better overall IMO.

(3) nerf in damage: honestly speaking, this was warranted. For one-handed weapon the heavy damage was way too strong. I can live with this one.

(4) shield counter combo nerf: again, warranted. The nerf in stamina damage is well justified, and changes in the counter slash isn't too bad. The stun-daze does thankfully make it considerably difficult for the opponent to just parry the heavy slash bit -- especially now that you can change directions, and still continue the attack as a 1st attack of a heavy-light combo. So the choice is given -- parry-GB-heavy for a straight up guaranteed damage, or parry-shieldcounter-heavy for extra stamina damage at the price of non guaranteed damage. ESPECIALLY considering the fact that this just REEKS of a change in preparation for the defensive meta fix, I can dig it.

IMO the same line of changes should happen to all the classes with techincally/mechanically identical skills in the game, and it should be fine. My guess? The Warlord is a testbed for incoming changes of similar types to other classes, such as the cent and the conq, gladiator.

The cent will probably receive exactly the same changes to the parry-parrycounter, and the gladiator, cent, conq will be receiving same line of changes with their "bash" type MA attacks.

I do feel it's a bit heavy nerf, but I certainly understand the "why" behind it, so I'll keep an open mind still.

i agree with all 4 points

those changes were needed but Dodge recovery and headbutt nerf was to extreme

UbiInsulin
09-10-2017, 07:22 PM
The team is paying very close attention to players' feedback and the in-game performance of the WL since the update was made. Eric mentioned on WD that the community workshop was occurring, and the players who were part of that were certainly letting the fight team know their take on the update.

Thank you guys very much for your detailed thoughts on the changes. :)

Netcode_err_404
09-10-2017, 07:35 PM

YES.

After having read this, my quest for the WL's tears is complete.

S0Mi_xD
09-10-2017, 10:34 PM
The team is paying very close attention to players' feedback and the in-game performance of the WL since the update was made. Eric mentioned on WD that the community workshop was occurring, and the players who were part of that were certainly letting the fight team know their take on the update.

Thank you guys very much for your detailed thoughts on the changes. :)

Small props to the team - those changes are not bad and we hope to see similar improvements (about balance) in the future.

Kweassa put it into a good comment

You guys MAYBE overdid it abit on the dodge recovery and headbutt delay. There where small problems and you put work into it, and now we need to see if those changes where abit to high and or if it fits well (in other words - collect some data xD)

But overall, we as a community (most of us) are happy to see the improvements you guys making (even if it happens abit slow), and that our feedback helps you guys.
We are looking forward to see the game in a good place.