PDA

View Full Version : Buff Valkyrie

My.Insanity
09-10-2017, 01:32 AM
I know I know... you are working on balancing changes and defensive Meta changes and so on..

but all i hear is "buff Kensei.. what about Kensei buff"... in my eyes Kensei is much stronger then Valkyrie... especially when it comes to Duel.

Valkyrie has nearly NO faintgame because you need 2x light to start any good combo and using a heavy faint into shieldbash leads to nothing but a speersweep.

She is one of the most punishable Characters in the Game with nearly the lowest dmg of all Characters (yes yes Conq need a buff too claim your tits)

And on top of this all... it is nearly impossible to execute an enemy because if you manage to get them into your mixups you will kill them most of the time while they are on the ground... which prevents getting HP and Stamina.

So why im writing all this sh!t.. its simple.. I like her playstyle and she is my Main and I want her to stay my Main.. but its total suicide to use her in Duels especially when the Gladiator is nearly better in everything that makes the Valkyrie so special.

So please Ubisoft if you read this please let me know if any changes are planed for her or if she will stay the noobstomper that she is.

UbiJurassic
09-10-2017, 02:06 AM
As of right now, there are no large changes that have been announced for Valkyrie. That being said, that doesn't mean she won't be getting some attention for a future balance update. While she isn't widely considered top tier among the offerings on the hero roster, she definitely still has some kick on the battlefield in the right hands. If there are any changes coming to her, we'll be sure to let players know in our patch notes.

ELDRIX_
09-11-2017, 12:09 PM
Yea she is good against people who are bad at blocking cause blocking her lights is how you stop all of her mixups
even whiffing or delaying the light is bad and even after the shield bash even the sweep/delayed sweep is reactable
just dodge backwards her recovery is so bad that you can walk straight up and GB or Heavy her.

Super easy avoidable Mixups: If the first light hits a second one is always to be expected, because she doesn't have other mixup options
there may be the option to sweep after a shield bash but its one of the most obvious moves ever. You can soft cancel a heavy into SB but its not pressuring at all
since nothing is guaranteed and the sweep is reactable .

Her Dodge attacks: She has really slow dodges in addition to the 100 ms dodge delay when switching Guard dodge attacks and her dodge counter is pretty
inconsistent. Her dodge attacks are already Punishable at Block and don't work most of the time. Lets say you try to dodge attack wardens shoulder bash
If the warden commits to it you will get hit anyways. You can delay the dodge attack a little bit, but that's also inconsistent and you can get guard-broken mid dodge.

Her heavies are one of the slowest in the game but only do 25 damage which is literally a joke it takes ages to kill someone her lights do 12 dmg which is fine
since they're fast on all sides, but yea its most likely that they're going to be parried even by casual players.

But yea there won't be any changes right now, because if that'd be the case most characters would be worked on ages ago

Dakaal
09-11-2017, 12:30 PM
I main Valkyrie also, but i let her on the bar for moment because her mix up are high risk low reward especially VS the high tier characters, Gladiator mix up are top notch, comparative with Valk mix ups even her shield bash it's much slower then the Gladiator's shield bash, even the new players can dodge it and if they don't dodge it, they can dodge the sweep, because the sweep its not a guarantee after the shield bash like Gladiator Zone, she really need a rework. I'll say it like one of the Twitch streamer said it In For Honor, Valkyrie becomes competitive when you learn to unlock your attack's

My.Insanity
09-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Valkyrie becomes competitive when you learn to unlock your attack's

this is the sad truth... if you wanna beat a good player with a Valkyrie you need to wiff tons of unlock attacks so you are able to use her "heavy finisher" or her speersweep. I understand that people who play on consoles have truble with her "light spamm" but Valkyrie has nothing else to offer and with all the current patches she gotten worse and worse ... no more CGB while in Fullbock.. no more Zone cancel into GB (cuz of timesnap)... so sad.. sooo sad.

PDXGorechild
09-11-2017, 02:39 PM
I think she's actually really good. Her heavies could be a bit faster and then she'd be one of the best balanced characters in the game IMO.

Alustar.
09-11-2017, 09:58 PM
I don't see why not being able to CGB from a full block is bad, assassins can't CGB from dodging.

S0Mi_xD
09-12-2017, 04:41 AM
I don't see why not being able to CGB from a full block is bad, assassins can't CGB from dodging.

especially, that valk jumps backwards to go into full block stance, that means you have plenty of distance/time to observe and react.
Also you can dodge out of her full block. Her full block is the best defensive stance in the game.

My.Insanity
09-12-2017, 07:46 AM

if you get guardbreaked while using a doge with an "assassin" i assume you have no idea how to play one! All assassins have doge attacks which prevent that you can get GB while dodging.

My.Insanity
09-12-2017, 07:59 AM
As of right now, there are no large changes that have been announced for Valkyrie. That being said, that doesn't mean she won't be getting some attention for a future balance update. While she isn't widely considered top tier among the offerings on the hero roster, she definitely still has some kick on the battlefield in the right hands. If there are any changes coming to her, we'll be sure to let players know in our patch notes.

Thanks for this info but she is far far away from top tier... low - mid tier at best (and with this i mean in 4on4 only). The last time she received some love from the Devs was in Season 1 after they have complitly raped her in the alpha/beta... so in my eyes she is one of the few heros (with conq and shugoki) who is still the same as they were on release of For Honor. But hey maybe i dont have the "right hands" to found that kick with my Rep 27 Valk....

Alustar.
09-12-2017, 02:12 PM
if you get guardbreaked while using a doge with an "assassin" i assume you have no idea how to play one! All assassins have doge attacks which prevent that you can get GB while dodging.

Well it's clearly obvious that you don't play assassin, as the response to every situation is not dodge attacks, as that leads to free guard breaks. If the timing is right you can be snatched out of a dodge before the attack executes. That's called baiting.

My.Insanity
09-12-2017, 03:10 PM
Well it's clearly obvious that you don't play assassin, as the response to every situation is not dodge attacks, as that leads to free guard breaks. If the timing is right you can be snatched out of a dodge before the attack executes. That's called baiting.

I rly dont get your point.. you wanna tell us that its okay that people in full guard cant CGB because YOU cant also CGB while dodging WITH AN ASSASSIN????? Maybe you are new to this game but NO CHARACTER can CGB while dodging... Assassins and some other Characters like Valk and Kensei can use a dodge attack which prevents getting GB. If the enemy baits you its your bad that doesnt change the fact that you should not be able to CGB while in Full Guard !!! Are you sure you are on the right Thread?

Alustar.
09-12-2017, 03:27 PM
I rly dont get your point.. you wanna tell us that its okay that people in full guard cant CGB because YOU cant also CGB while dodging WITH AN ASSASSIN????? Maybe you are new to this game but NO CHARACTER can CGB while dodging... Assassins and some other Characters like Valk and Kensei can use a dodge attack which prevents getting GB. If the enemy baits you its your bad that doesnt change the fact that you should not be able to CGB while in Full Guard !!! Are you sure you are on the right Thread?

Does half the player base have trouble with reading comprehension? Oh well.

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 07:23 PM
is this a troll post?

Nah you're just bad.

AkenoKobayashi
09-12-2017, 09:18 PM
They buffed the Valk in Season 1. She's fine the way she it. And YES, Kensei is in a bigger need of improvements than Valk. And character with a move that trips people is disqualified from any more buffs.

Lyskir
09-12-2017, 09:26 PM
i lost to 1 Valk in my entire for Honor playtime just 1

2 parried lights from her and she is almost dead ( those raider side heavys are delicious ) and her lights are freakin easy to parry ( on pc)

at least give her more heavy dmg, atm its just sad xD

kensei needs more work tho

Antonioj26
09-12-2017, 10:31 PM
They buffed the Valk in Season 1. She's fine the way she it. And YES, Kensei is in a bigger need of improvements than Valk. And character with a move that trips people is disqualified from any more buffs.

A trip that takes 2 attacks to even throw out and you still get a chance to dodge then punish with a gb.... lol. Yeah kensei needs it more but valk is trash too.

That_guy44
09-13-2017, 01:01 AM
I'm rep 12 with Valkyrie and this season broke my will to play her. She is no longer my main. You have to do SO ****ing much to do damage with her. Even when she parries, she does minimum heavy damage. The only thing I will give her is her gb into OOS punish. You have to work to get kills with her.

Vonnivek
09-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Please don't buff valk,
On console, it's already hard to counter valk's light and sweep
After valk bash you, on console it's almost a guessing game
You have to guess she's gonna light attack or sweep or GB
I thought now the Valk is at a ok position
No need buff and no need nerf
UBI should nerf other heroes that are too powerful like cent or glad instead

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 05:06 AM
The only buff I would consider for Valk, is more chains for better mix ups, as an example, Light->Heavy-> Light

Helnekromancer
09-13-2017, 06:50 AM
And this is why this game should have had two separate patches, one for console and the other pc.I don't play on pc but it's not hard to believe Valk is garbage, she does the same sweep combo over and over but in order to get that she needs to land some hits which players on pc can punish. But on console? Valk is mid tier, players are so bad all you need to do is be aggressive and constantly put them on their *** for that free heavy. I got Valk to rep 7 because when the double exp even came around i saw that i didnt play with any Viking so i settled with Valk. She's very one dimensional and boring doesnt matter what the combo/mix-up is, it all goes to landing that sweep. Her gear looks cool but doing the same combo over and over again is boring. And then i see the Rep 32 Valk and just feel bad for them, as i do light infinite combos with my Nobushi. That Hybrid needs more moves, her shield is holding her back you don't even need it. If she was just a cool Viking lady that two-handed a spear,she would be a sick Fighter but no she's half bushi and half conq.

bananaflow2017
09-13-2017, 07:44 AM
I mained Valk dir a long time and brought her to Rep 23.
I stopped playing her cuz of the following reasons:
-Free gb after a simple block on dash lights.
-no engage
-bad parry punish
-everything u do is easy to counter
-only thing that can surprise the enemy is a caceled zone atack.
-deflect can be blocked
-nearly every action countered is a free gb for the enemy
-second light is parried easy. Even on console....
-u rely Richard on the second light

So it's kinda funny that nearly the whole comminity cried cuz she is so strong..
Finally she is pretty bad in any 1v1.
She would need sth like a dash atack heavy combo like kensei got.
At least u can play dominion with her and shield bash ur enemies like hell.
Still nothing compared to a lawbringer or a Raider in dominion. Theire cutscenes are really strong....

My.Insanity
09-13-2017, 10:35 AM
What Valkyrie rly need is like a complete rework...

- she need a light / heavy / light combo (best would be if the heavy would be an unblockable one)
- she need more mixups after a Shieldbash (like heavy - shieldbash - heavy finisher - which can be canceld into another shieldbash etc.)
- she need a new zone attack (i mean yeah its great for killing minions but it deals no dmg and you need to cancel the 2nd hit our you will get parryed)
- she need to be able to execute enemys on the ground because its the only way Valk can kill people with a heavy which atm prevents getting HP and Stamina back
- she need a lower recovery time so you reduce her punishment for things like "missing shieldbash" and "missing shieldtackel" (i dont say she need to be unpunished for her dash or speersweep)
- she need a new deflect skill (or it should be complet removed and replaced with something usefull like an parry punish attack)
- and she need more dmg with her heavys (even if they only deal more when the enemy is on the ground = look at centurio who deals 25 dmg heavy and 35 with his jump... f**k this Hero)

and for my "friends" on consoles.... all this changes wouldnt increase the light spamm or speed of light attacks... its the opposite it would reduce it much more.. so stop crying.

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 11:50 AM
What Valkyrie rly need is like a complete rework...

- she need a light / heavy / light combo (best would be if the heavy would be an unblockable one)
- she need more mixups after a Shieldbash (like heavy - shieldbash - heavy finisher - which can be canceld into another shieldbash etc.)
- she need a new zone attack (i mean yeah its great for killing minions but it deals no dmg and you need to cancel the 2nd hit our you will get parryed)
- she need to be able to execute enemys on the ground because its the only way Valk can kill people with a heavy which atm prevents getting HP and Stamina back
- she need a lower recovery time so you reduce her punishment for things like "missing shieldbash" and "missing shieldtackel" (i dont say she need to be unpunished for her dash or speersweep)
- she need a new deflect skill (or it should be complet removed and replaced with something usefull like an parry punish attack)
- and she need more dmg with her heavys (even if they only deal more when the enemy is on the ground = look at centurio who deals 25 dmg heavy and 35 with his jump... f**k this Hero)

and for my "friends" on consoles.... all this changes wouldnt increase the light spamm or speed of light attacks... its the opposite it would reduce it much more.. so stop crying.

At first, you should "stop crying", throwing around with insults and that valk is sooo bad. This sound pathetic.

I agree with you that there are some small balance acts are needed for valk and some small buffs.
But a rework is not needed because her concept works.

Also, I don't care if you are rep 1 or 1284875, I already saw enough players with rep 30-40 heroes who where as terrible as most noobs.

the only thing I could agree is..
- more dmg on her heavies
- more ways to mix up

everything else you are suggesting isn't needed
- her recovery after shield bash is fine, only leg sweep is bit long
- her "deflect" is great, I don't know what problems you guys have with it
- and she doesn't need a ground execution, in this case every hero should get something like that

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 01:43 PM
At first, you should "stop crying", throwing around with insults and that valk is sooo bad. This sound pathetic.

I agree with you that there are some small balance acts are needed for valk and some small buffs.
But a rework is not needed because her concept works.

Also, I don't care if you are rep 1 or 1284875, I already saw enough players with rep 30-40 heroes who where as terrible as most noobs.

the only thing I could agree is..
- more dmg on her heavies
- more ways to mix up

everything else you are suggesting isn't needed
- her recovery after shield bash is fine, only leg sweep is bit long
- her "deflect" is great, I don't know what problems you guys have with it
- and she doesn't need a ground execution, in this case every hero should get something like that

Her deflect is far from great, it only does 24 bleed damage so it won't even kill not to mention it can be blocked. There's no sensible reason to use it when parrying is far superior since it will have stam damage, could lead to headbutt oos knockdown, or get a gb into heavy to start your sweep mixup.

Her recovery also isn't fine, it's a full second that's enormous. You can dodge it and have an eternity to get the gb off.

Ground execution i don't have a strong opinion one way or another but I do have more issues getting executions with her than just about any other hero I play.

ELDRIX_
09-13-2017, 01:53 PM
The only buff I would consider for Valk, is more chains for better mix ups, as an example, Light->Heavy-> Light

agreed

isnt game breaking or op
just making her mixup game stronger and less obvious

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 01:59 PM
Her deflect is far from great, it only does 24 bleed damage so it won't even kill not to mention it can be blocked. There's no sensible reason to use it when parrying is far superior since it will have stam damage, could lead to headbutt oos knockdown, or get a gb into heavy to start your sweep mixup.

Her recovery also isn't fine, it's a full second that's enormous. You can dodge it and have an eternity to get the gb off.

Ground execution i don't have a strong opinion one way or another but I do have more issues getting executions with her than just about any other hero I play.

Her deflect gives the bleed and a shield bash, that is ok, also you can get a free GB on it - so yes it is great.
At least I thought that you would know this.

The shield bash recovery is ok, a GB isn't safe, because you a follow up light or sweep after the bash will interrupt the GB.
Only her sweep recovery is extremely high, but thats because the sweep knocks down ( high risk - middle reward)

For me it is the same with her executions like nearly every hero - most of the time you get it out of a GB or a parry, so no reason to make a drama out of it

ELDRIX_
09-13-2017, 02:00 PM
And this is why this game should have had two separate patches, one for console and the other pc.I don't play on pc but it's not hard to believe Valk is garbage, she does the same sweep combo over and over but in order to get that she needs to land some hits which players on pc can punish. But on console? Valk is mid tier, players are so bad all you need to do is be aggressive and constantly put them on their *** for that free heavy. I got Valk to rep 7 because when the double exp even came around i saw that i didnt play with any Viking so i settled with Valk. She's very one dimensional and boring doesnt matter what the combo/mix-up is, it all goes to landing that sweep. Her gear looks cool but doing the same combo over and over again is boring. And then i see the Rep 32 Valk and just feel bad for them, as i do light infinite combos with my Nobushi. That Hybrid needs more moves, her shield is holding her back you don't even need it. If she was just a cool Viking lady that two-handed a spear,she would be a sick Fighter but no she's half bushi and half conq.

Try to get a second light or a shield bash light on pc
also the bash sweep is reactable so no opener
right now it may be just the timesnap changes that the bash sweeps are a little bit harder to dodge
but if you go into customs even the delayed sweep is super easy to dodge also in matchmaking sometimes if the connection is good

ELDRIX_
09-13-2017, 02:02 PM
Her deflect gives the bleed and a shield bash, that is ok, also you can get a free GB on it - so yes it is great.

The shield bash recovery is ok, a GB isn't safe, because you a follow up light or sweep after the bash will interrupt the GB.
Only her sweep recovery is extremely high, but thats because the sweep knocks down ( high risk - middle reward)

For me it is the same with her executions like nearly every hero - most of the time you get it out of a GB or a parry, so no reason to make a drama out of it

Her dodge itself is really slow though

Antonioj26
09-13-2017, 02:14 PM

Ok so you get a gb on deflect, how is that any better than just parrying and doing a gb? it's actually worse since you won't get the stamina damage. Doesn't mater if it gives a bleed and a shield bash because it's easy to block, even if you couldn't block its still less damage, and less stamina damage.

The shield attack has to connect or you can't sweep so if it's dodged it won't come out, last I checked the gb is 100 percent safe and the light won't come out in time after a dodge in time but I'll have to test before I can say you are wrong but I'm almost positive that is the case.

Yeah but her heavy damage is so low that unless you have them at exactly one bar and manage to get that off then you won't be getting the execution.

Aarpian
09-13-2017, 02:20 PM
in my eyes Kensei is much stronger then Valkyrie... especially when it comes to Duel

Go to the optician

My.Insanity
09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Go to the optician

dont need.. its so obviously that Kensei is better in duel then Valk that even a blindfish like you can see it if you would play her in duel.

S0Mi_xD
09-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Ok so you get a gb on deflect, how is that any better than just parrying and doing a gb? it's actually worse since you won't get the stamina damage. Doesn't mater if it gives a bleed and a shield bash because it's easy to block, even if you couldn't block its still less damage, and less stamina damage.

The shield attack has to connect or you can't sweep so if it's dodged it won't come out, last I checked the gb is 100 percent safe and the light won't come out in time after a dodge in time but I'll have to test before I can say you are wrong but I'm almost positive that is the case.

Yeah but her heavy damage is so low that unless you have them at exactly one bar and manage to get that off then you won't be getting the execution.
At First, the word easy does not fit, because if it would be easy Most people could Just Block it without effort :P and thats not the case. (But still it is abit unfair that you can Block it..)

Also it's not a deflect, it is a Superior Block, those mechanics Work different, the window is much larger (it is easier than a deflect) also the Superior block drains more stamina than a deflect, Not as much as a Parry but still a good amount.

Yeah sry thats my fault :D for the sweep it needs to Connect, But with the light i managed to Not get GBed to 90% (Most of the time), it fails if you are reacting to slow

About the heavy dmg i agree with you completly - it's ridiculous Low for her heavy attack Speed.

What i do miss with her are a good variaty of Mix ups - to bring Out a light light is a pain in the *** sometimes.

Edit: Oh right, also i already think about it with the def Meta Patch in Mind, Parry into GB will vanish 100% so the Superior Block of valk will have some value.

And yes, it is right to think with those changes in Mind because they are in Work and will Happen - the devs will Balance the Game with those changes in Mind and thats what many people forget when they come here to cry for buffs (recently)

ELDRIX_
09-13-2017, 05:37 PM
Its funny how there are more Kensei players than Valk smh on PC at least
i only fought 1 other Valk main in my life and that was in season 1
i fight maybe 1 Valk every 4 weeks