PDA

View Full Version : Is there cheating on consoles at all?

DaLast_Samurai
09-09-2017, 11:39 PM
I honestly don't know.

I just wonder sometimes lately because I've been playing this game a ton for over 4 months now, and I still can't counter guard break to save my life. Any advice on this would be appreciated to. It seems no matter when I hit it, I don't get the counter.
Any useful advice beyond practice against bots, or the tutorial. Because I can start getting the counter when that's all I'm focusing on, but in live PVP action, it just never works for me, even when it feels like I'm hitting it at the same time, a second after, anywhere.

So, I'm just astounded sometimes when I come across players who no matter how many times you guard break them, never miss a beat pushing it back. Sometimes it's just amazing, and some players, fewer instances, but some never miss a block either.

I know PC has cheats for auto counter breaks and blocks, but I didn't think it was on console at all.
Does anyone know if this is possible on console?

I'm on PS4 and would like to know if I'm getting cheated sometimes or not.

bmason1000
09-09-2017, 11:47 PM
To my knowledge? No. But, ya know, who am i? Some people are just really good. Sometimes i have trouble blocking but i don't remember the last time i got caught by an unguaranteed gb. That muscle memory is so engrained that i instinctively press square even when i know the opponents gb IS guaranteed. The response is that involuntary.

S0Mi_xD
09-09-2017, 11:50 PM
I am on ps4 aswell and no i don't think it is actually real cheating.

I have it sometimes too, it feels like CGB is pretty inconsistent, sometimes i swear that i hit it.
I predicted many GBs and i CGBed perfectly but still it doesn't register them...

The_B0G_
09-09-2017, 11:54 PM
I heard of there being new scripts that block and CGB on ps4 but don't know how true it is.

Antonioj26
09-10-2017, 12:19 AM
I doubt there are many cheaters if any on console. It's not too difficult to cgb everytime on reaction once you get the timing, if you are still having trouble maybe they are gbing you when it's guaranteed? For example on dodge recovery, whiffed attacks, during block recovery, parries, attack startup, or attack recovery. Timesnap removal can make it more difficult too but the timing is much more forgiving in this than other fighting games.

It's also pretty easy to block most attacks if not all depending on the character you are. if I did nothing but turtle I don't think it's possible for most of the cast to land a hit on me assuming I'm not screwed by timesnap

DaLast_Samurai
09-10-2017, 01:36 AM
I actually just figured out my problem with counter guard breaking all this time, and my God it is so stupid it hurts.

My... dumb... ***... was... TAPPING... yes... TAPPING... square every time I tried to counter.

Thus making my timing window multiple times harder to hit.

I just finally figured out if I hold the square button a second, durp... works like a charm, LMAO.

DaLast_Samurai
09-10-2017, 01:59 AM
Okay, well I take that back, not working "like a charm".
Working better for sure, now I can get my counter breaks like half the time or a little better, rather than never.

Seems like either the timing window for this is just insanely small, or it doesn't register half the time.
Or maybe it's a problem with the assassin class, like reflex blocking having issues I've heard a lot say.

My blocks don't register half the time.
And yes I understand reflex blocking has a window, but even with the guard up, half the time it doesn't block.

Is this all due to the timesnap removal everyone has been talking about here?
What was timesnaps?

Moondyne_MC
09-10-2017, 02:12 AM
Tapping or holding GB shouldn't make a difference in my opinion. Reliably CGBing takes some time, but in my experience, one day it just "clicks". I spent the first couple months thinking "there is no way I'm ever going to have the reaction speeds to CGB in the heat of battle", but now I do it with about 80% success. Do you press CGB as soon as you see the red icon, or when the enemy actually makes contact with your body?

Feel free to add me on PS4 if you wanna get in some practice. MoondyneMC or Moondyne_MC, one of the two, can't remember which.

bmason1000
09-10-2017, 08:00 AM
Tapping or holding GB shouldn't make a difference in my opinion. Reliably CGBing takes some time, but in my experience, one day it just "clicks". I spent the first couple months thinking "there is no way I'm ever going to have the reaction speeds to CGB in the heat of battle", but now I do it with about 80% success. Do you press CGB as soon as you see the red icon, or when the enemy actually makes contact with your body?

Feel free to add me on PS4 if you wanna get in some practice. MoondyneMC or Moondyne_MC, one of the two, can't remember which.
That's exactly what happened with me. The first month or so I thought for sure I'd jusr never get it and it would be my downfall. I'd never get good at this game because any player could just gb and I'd be screwed every time.

Now i can't remember the last time i got caught from a gb that isn't guaranteed. Actual subconscious, reflex, muscle memory just counters it. Eventually, you'll just get it.

UbiNoty
09-11-2017, 01:26 AM
I honestly don't know.

I just wonder sometimes lately because I've been playing this game a ton for over 4 months now, and I still can't counter guard break to save my life. Any advice on this would be appreciated to. It seems no matter when I hit it, I don't get the counter.
Any useful advice beyond practice against bots, or the tutorial. Because I can start getting the counter when that's all I'm focusing on, but in live PVP action, it just never works for me, even when it feels like I'm hitting it at the same time, a second after, anywhere.

So, I'm just astounded sometimes when I come across players who no matter how many times you guard break them, never miss a beat pushing it back. Sometimes it's just amazing, and some players, fewer instances, but some never miss a block either.

I know PC has cheats for auto counter breaks and blocks, but I didn't think it was on console at all.
Does anyone know if this is possible on console?

I'm on PS4 and would like to know if I'm getting cheated sometimes or not.

In this case it seems more like they're just more practiced. In cases of cheating it's usually much more obvious that something is wrong (as in, they're not dying, not losing health, etc.) - and it occurs very, very rarely. And on console, cheats are much much less common.

In any case, if you'd like to get a second opinion on any potential cheaters - grab a quick clip of it next time and bring it forward to us! We'll be able to get some trained and experienced eyes on it to see what's really going on.

We.the.North
09-11-2017, 05:00 AM
When will we be able to remap our controller buttons on PC for Uplay ?? I'll land a lot more counter guardbreak the day I can switch that move to another button, like pushing my right stick.

Tyrjo
09-11-2017, 03:39 PM
I came a across a team that reset (It's a bug I heard but I don't know how its done) Dominion matches they lost. That's the only cheating I have seen.

RatedChaotic
09-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Well on xbox....

There is a fileshare app that xbox users have been using to mod games. Some PC mods will work on consoles. Its all over youtube on how to do it. A friend of mine got aimbot from pc to work on his console using that app and a thumb drive for the COD games he plays.

Not sure if Sony has something similar. But yes its possible. I even sent in a complaint to Microsoft reguarding that app. It definitely made it easier to cheat/mod on xbox using it.

Basically he just downloaded the mod to a thumb drive from his pc, put the thumb drive in his xbox, opened file share app and added the modded file to the games files(using that fileshare app you can open game files) and it worked. Not every pc mod will work(he found out the hard way). But after a few days of trying He narrowed down what mods will work.

The more basic the mod is... the better chances you have of it working.

Yes theres less cheaters than PC but times are changing fast.

mrmistark
09-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Well, cheating? No I don't think so, but I'm on Xbox, and using kensei, a character with a stable guard unlike assassins, i suspiciously have been getting hit with attacks that I am clearly blocking more and more lately, having my guard stance that direction from the getgo. Not sure if it's controller related (which I don't think so cause my guard is clearly active to that side), bad connection on one of our parts or what, but man is it frustrating. Be over there blocking the **** of light spams just to hear a crunch sound and my health get lower, like what? It's not an unblockable! Well now that I'm slowly reliving these moments and getting just ever so slightly annoyed though not playing the game, I will digress. Probably a connection thing? 🤔

DrinkinMyStella
09-11-2017, 04:55 PM
I have to say being on console my CGB reaction is not that quick, I pretty much have to predict when a GB is coming in order to CGB, Its the aggressive play style that misses CGB window and I know this because thats how I use to be, now I take my time and be patient and I can react quicker to GB and also there are many things which give the enemy a free GB like dodging and certain heroes have superior block which can get them a free GB and some dashing lights if blocked can give a free GB.