PDA

View Full Version : Capture The Flag - Honestly Ubi?!

Illyrian_King
09-08-2017, 12:59 PM
Hello!

On monday, we saw the Teaser ... it is kinda obvious, that it's all about a new mode, since we know that with Season 4 there is going to be released a new game mode!

It's also not difficult to identify it as "Capture The Flag-ish" mode!

Honestly Ubi, it took you almost 1 year since launch to give us THIS instead of something bigger (after all this time :confused: ), like a Siege Mode or something similar, which last for longer then a couple of minutes?!
Something that feels like a real Conquest on a real battlefield! :mad:

So long time only 5 modes and then this oldish game mode?!

Don't you have the "DATA", that nobody plays modes like Skirmish or Elimination, but just Dominion mainly (because we can see how much activity there is in every mode), because it's still the most actionish battlefield simulator with more then 4 soldiers per side?! :confused::confused::confused:

While even Dominion sucks without archers, minions outside the very centre fighting everywhere like in a real battle, etc!

Honestly it is a real dissapointment to me!

Of course we don't know it officially, but it is really obvious, what it's going to be :p

I really was thinking to get the hints like " oh hey, we are just fighting for castle gates, are the first area of a castle, later on we must get a mode, where we run up to the top .... because nah, which battle ends at the gate?!"

Dumb me ... better waste time and ressources on a simple Capture The Flag Mode :rolleyes:

DrinkinMyStella
09-08-2017, 01:04 PM
There needs to be a game mode where its not encouraged to camp in one position like in Dom, I think it will be good, people will want to play the objective to win

The_B0G_
09-08-2017, 01:44 PM
There needs to be a game mode where its not encouraged to camp in one position like in Dom, I think it will be good, people will want to play the objective to win

It was a 4 second teaser, hard to draw conclusions with that, sure it could be CTF, but CTF could be one stage of a siege mode. I don't think it will be CTF, it wouldn't take 4 seasons to remap some single player campaign maps and add flags.

I think and hope they're working on something more than CTF, they had a ton of great ideas for a siege mode from many people on the forums. If they gave us even a quarter of the stuff suggested for siege mode, it would blow Dominion out of the water and 90% of the playerbase would play it exclusively.

With a CTF mode, I doubt even half of the player base would play it. It would be too easy to run the flag and just get 3 conqs/warlords to run along side blocking everything, it would be very dull. So lets hope it's not that.

ZUNniK.
09-08-2017, 01:56 PM
A little bit early to rage about something we had a 4sec glimpse. Lets wait and see. They have had lots of cool ideas here and on the Subreddit. I really believe they try to consider communities suggestions to improve their own ideas. So im hopeful it will be something cool and unique.

Vakris_One
09-08-2017, 01:58 PM
It's also not difficult to identify it as "Capture The Flag-ish" mode!
How did you get that from a 3 and a half second teaser of a Highlander with an emblem above his head running into a room???

PDXGorechild
09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Don't worry, it's not CTF.

It's gonna be an 8v8 game mode, 30 minutes long averagely, with Ballistae, boiling hot oil cauldrons, portcullises, spike pits, kill zones, catapults (that you can get launched out of), armies of minions, siege ladders, weak bladders, battering rams, helms deep, Aragorn will be there, Centurions WON'T be there, Chuck Norris will be there, full customisation of mounts, Vikings will ride bears, Knights will ride horses, Samurai will ride raw fish, the skies will turn red, bridges will burn, and the battlefield will be strewn with the tiny dead bodies of little Peacekeepers. Players will also be given the option to run at the wall with an explosive, like that Urak Hai that Legolas failed to kill, and suicide bomb a giant hole in the wall. This will kick you out of the game and reset your character to level 1 though. You'll push your enemy back on the battlefield, carving a bloody path to the gates, which Wum Wum from game of thrones will smash open for you, you'll butcher in the courtyards, pillage the buildings, climb your way to the fort, and there you will face the enemy team in the hold. The doors will open climatically as your team walks in slow motion toward the enemy team, torn and bloody, for the final showdown in the kings hall. Emotes will be used, threats and challenges cast, and the last remaining warriors of the great siege will charge at one another with a scream of "FOR HONOUUUUUUURRRRRRRR!" AND THEN - error code 0006000037.

Illyrian_King
09-08-2017, 02:16 PM
It was a 4 second teaser, hard to draw conclusions with that, sure it could be CTF, but CTF could be one stage of a siege mode. I don't think it will be CTF, it wouldn't take 4 seasons to remap some single player campaign maps and add flags.

I think and hope they're working on something more than CTF, they had a ton of great ideas for a siege mode from many people on the forums. If they gave us even a quarter of the stuff suggested for siege mode, it would blow Dominion out of the water and 90% of the playerbase would play it exclusively.

With a CTF mode, I doubt even half of the player base would play it. It would be too easy to run the flag and just get 3 conqs/warlords to run along side blocking everything, it would be very dull. So lets hope it's not that.

I read lots if this suggestions too, and I even made many suggestions. This is 100% what I am asking for!
That's why CTF sounds so boring and meaningless in comparison!
The devs simply failed painfully in bringing the action from the Singleplayer to Multiplayer!

How did you get that from a 3 and a half second teaser of a Highlander with an emblem above his head running into a room???

Obvious ... in whas ingame footage, which means it must be something outside the menu --> inside a match
They annouced, that a new mode will come out next season ... so just link that.
The end-note says something about "bringing an offering" ... while a guy carries that "offering" to an altar or sacrefication place. After placing the sacrefice there, the altar flashes up ... what can that be? ^^

Illyrian_King
09-08-2017, 02:18 PM

It's gonna be an 8v8 game mode, 30 minutes long averagely, with Ballistae, boiling hot oil cauldrons, portcullises, spike pits, kill zones, catapults (that you can get launched out of), armies of minions, siege ladders, weak bladders, battering rams, helms deep, Aragorn will be there, Centurions WON'T be there, Chuck Norris will be there, full customisation of mounts, Vikings will ride bears, Knights will ride horses, Samurai will ride raw fish, the skies will turn red, bridges will burn, and the battlefield will be strewn with the tiny dead bodies of little Peacekeepers. Players will also be given the option to run at the wall with an explosive, like that Urak Hai that Legolas failed to kill, and suicide bomb a giant hole in the wall. This will kick you out of the game and reset your character to level 1 though. You'll push your enemy back on the battlefield, carving a bloody path to the gates, which Wum Wum from game of thrones will smash open for you, you'll butcher in the courtyards, pillage the buildings, climb your way to the fort, and there you will face the enemy team in the hold. The doors will open climatically as your team walks in slow motion toward the enemy team, torn and bloody, for the final showdown in the kings hall. Emotes will be used, threats and challenges cast, and the last remaining warriors of the great siege will charge at one another with a scream of "FOR HONOUUUUUUURRRRRRRR!" AND THEN - error code 0006000037.

This sounds pretty sexy ^^

thornh
09-08-2017, 03:33 PM
I agree we have way too little info to jump to any conclusions. Let's wait until next Thursday to break out the pitchforks again.

Maybe instead of "capture the flag" it's more of a "plant your flag" type of game. I'm making this up as I type so bear with me. Let's say each side has a banner and you have to move that banner forward to capture more territory on the map. Say you eliminate specific zones and allow fighting of heroes and minions on the whole map with the objective of gaining and holding territory. Maybe the more territory you have the more minions you get. You can pick up your banner and move it to attack or hold different parts of the map. Maybe just the attacking team does this hence a siege like mode. I don't know. We'll find out more next week.

Illyrian_King
09-08-2017, 04:07 PM
I agree we have way too little info to jump to any conclusions. Let's wait until next Thursday to break out the pitchforks again.

Maybe instead of "capture the flag" it's more of a "plant your flag" type of game. I'm making this up as I type so bear with me. Let's say each side has a banner and you have to move that banner forward to capture more territory on the map. Say you eliminate specific zones and allow fighting of heroes and minions on the whole map with the objective of gaining and holding territory. Maybe the more territory you have the more minions you get. You can pick up your banner and move it to attack or hold different parts of the map. Maybe just the attacking team does this hence a siege like mode. I don't know. We'll find out more next week.

This one sounds pretty cool ^^

Let's hope it's something better then what I first expected.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
09-08-2017, 04:59 PM

Man if you can get Mel Gibson to do a voice over of his Braveheart speech you probably just invented the greatest game ever in the history of inventing great things! I mean please, please just take my money, all of it, take it now.

Vakris_One
09-08-2017, 06:24 PM
I read lots if this suggestions too, and I even made many suggestions. This is 100% what I am asking for!
That's why CTF sounds so boring and meaningless in comparison!
The devs simply failed painfully in bringing the action from the Singleplayer to Multiplayer!

Obvious ... in whas ingame footage, which means it must be something outside the menu --> inside a match
They annouced, that a new mode will come out next season ... so just link that.
The end-note says something about "bringing an offering" ... while a guy carries that "offering" to an altar or sacrefication place. After placing the sacrefice there, the altar flashes up ... what can that be? ^^
Could be a lot of things really. Activating an altar by bringing to it a pickup of some sort could mean it's a switch of some kind that changes something or indeed wins you points like a classic CTF mode.

There's way too little info available to be jumping to conclusions in my opinion. I'd prefer to wait for a more detailed reveal and explanation of the new mode before raging at the devs pre-emptively.

Helnekromancer
09-08-2017, 06:47 PM
Hope it's not Capture the Flag, hope its Last Man Standing or Free-For-All. love fighting multiple people at once. Just a big 8 player Scuffle.

Jarl.Felix
09-08-2017, 07:56 PM
Never to expect much from Ubifail is a motto i will always follow since FH and Division. A lesson to be remembered for every gamer.

DoctorMcBatman
09-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Never to expect much from Ubifail is a motto i will always follow since FH and Division. A lesson to be remembered for every gamer.

Don't forget AC: Unity!

UbiNoty
09-09-2017, 12:28 AM
We have yet to fully release any details on the new game mode, and we'll try to make it something fun and refreshing for everyone to enjoy.
Whatever the new game mode will be, don't judge it before you play it! :)

CrunaCross
09-09-2017, 12:53 AM
We have yet to fully release any details on the new game mode, and we'll try to make it something fun and refreshing for everyone to enjoy.

This really confused me even more... Instead of reassuring me.

Illyrian_King
09-09-2017, 12:54 AM

The point about it is just, that we have waited a long time for that ^^