PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper Jump Stab Tracking

PepsiBeastin
09-07-2017, 11:36 PM
I'm confused as to why more people aren't complaining about this. I was running from a peacekeeper in Dominion and she jumps, activates her ****ing afterburners, and launches herself at me at over 77 miles an hour from 20 feet away.

Moondyne_MC
09-07-2017, 11:58 PM
Don't ever turn your back on an opponent, especially one with a lunge attack. Yeah the PK can cover some insane distance in a very small amount of time considering her size, but it's offset by how easy all her dodge attacks are to parry.

UbiNoty
09-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Do you happen to have a clip of when this happened? It might have just looked super bad due to lag, or some other factor, but it'd be better if we can take a look and see it firsthand.

PepsiBeastin
09-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Do you happen to have a clip of when this happened? It might have just looked super bad due to lag, or some other factor, but it'd be better if we can take a look and see it firsthand.

I wasn't able to record the exact moment when it happened to me, but it's easily reproducible and I got someone in duel to be my guinea pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYVJL7-j2tA

UbiNoty
09-08-2017, 02:32 AM
Thanks! I'll bring it up to the team to look at.

kweassa1
09-08-2017, 02:39 AM
It's within normal boundaries of any lunge skill in game.

It was waaaaaay back in beta, that was really "abnormal".

https://youtu.be/WLHsqeFBeBs

Charmzzz
09-08-2017, 09:14 AM
Thanks! I'll bring it up to the team to look at.

Why you want to bring this up to the Devs? It is not a bug, but clearly a L2P issue. It is normal behaviour of the PK lunge attack, I cannot see anything weird in his video. Warlord jump attack feels like it has the same range. And all those attacks are easy to dodge or parry because they are super telegraphed and slow (cause heavy attacks).

@OP: When you want to run away from a PK (which is not a good idea because she is the fastest character in the game) - put your guard to Top and watch for the indicator, if it flashes red just lock on and block the Top attack. Every forward lunge attack comes from Top...

UbiNoty
09-09-2017, 02:32 AM
Why you want to bring this up to the Devs? It is not a bug, but clearly a L2P issue. It is normal behaviour of the PK lunge attack, I cannot see anything weird in his video. Warlord jump attack feels like it has the same range. And all those attacks are easy to dodge or parry because they are super telegraphed and slow (cause heavy attacks).

@OP: When you want to run away from a PK (which is not a good idea because she is the fastest character in the game) - put your guard to Top and watch for the indicator, if it flashes red just lock on and block the Top attack. Every forward lunge attack comes from Top...

That may be the case. But I do think it's better to get at least a knowledgeable second-opinion on things like this. We see a lot of reported issues go through these forums, and it's not always easy to discern when there is a problem or not. So I'd rather spend time making sure, rather than accidentally dismissing something that actually is a problem.