PDA

View Full Version : Rebuff Revenge

Gensui.Musashi
09-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Pls rebuff revenge, this game turned into a stupid gang ba ng game. Everyone just attacks brainless, there is nothing you could do about it. Old revenge was way better.

S0Mi_xD
09-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Pls rebuff revenge, this game turned into a stupid gang ba ng game. Everyone just attacks brainless, there is nothing you could do about it. Old revenge was way better.

No? It is fine like it is now, sometime the revenge gain is weird, but thats maybe a bug.

Gensui.Musashi
09-06-2017, 12:02 PM
yeah you must be one of those gang ba ng boys

S0Mi_xD
09-06-2017, 12:11 PM
yeah you must be one of those gang ba ng boys

Nope, i am a crazy Berserker, who often runs into groups, most of the time, when i play dominion i am alone against multiple enemies.

Revenge is no invitation to go Rambo in a situation where you are clearly in a disadvantage.

Jab_Jab_Wins
09-06-2017, 12:14 PM
this game turned into a stupid gang ba ng game. Everyone just attacks brainless, there is nothing you could do about it

I agree with the fact that the situation in 1vsX has worsen (Dominion is becoming the new skirmish), but I don't think buffing revenge is the correct way to address it.

S0Mi_xD
09-06-2017, 12:17 PM
I agree with the fact that the situation in 1vsX has worsen (Dominion is becoming the new skirmish), but I don't think buffing revenge is the correct way to address it.

That's right, a higher friendly fire dmg would be a way to make ganks a more "strategic" act, then pure button mashing

CandleInTheDark
09-06-2017, 12:23 PM
That's right, a higher friendly fire dmg would be a way to make ganks a more "strategic" act, then pure button mashing

The trouble there being the trolling that would bring about. I already get sniped by teammates with the ballista.

As the winner of a few 1v2 and 1v3's I have never really seen the current state as a problem, and there are certainly enough videos out there where one person takes out in some cases an entire team. There was one guy with a video on the Den who was in breaking with a character people seem to think is trash tier 1v1. https://youtu.be/SQ3UU5U6SeU?t=3146 Also this where one guy took his team from 400 and three teammates down behind to winning the game winning 1v4 twice in the process https://youtu.be/1Af4VEEPxkg?t=2784

Gensui.Musashi
09-06-2017, 12:42 PM
1v3 is impossible. maybe works somehow when the enemy team is just to dumb or doesnt revive.

CandleInTheDark
09-06-2017, 12:52 PM
1v3 is impossible. maybe works somehow when the enemy team is just to dumb or doesnt revive.

The lawbringer in the second video I linked would disagree with you and the opposition team were actively trying to revive. Both of those videos I linked show that when used right revenge is in a good state.

PDXGorechild
09-06-2017, 12:56 PM

I have video evidence of myself pulling off 2v1, 3v1, and even a couple of times a 4v1 with the current revenge dynamics. Granted they weren't against great players, but it's possible with enough skill and determination. There's no way i'd have managed it without revenge.

Revenge is one of the few things that's about right at the moment I feel.

kweassa1
09-06-2017, 01:38 PM
No? It is fine like it is now, sometime the revenge gain is weird, but thats maybe a bug.

^ ^ ^ This.

It's been continuously buffed up and currently very useful survival tool. Helps a lot.

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 02:56 PM

It's far from impossible and even if it was what sense does it make that you are given the power to beat 3 other players by yourself regularly?

AnEnticingSquid
09-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Gonna have to agree with the rest of the croud as well. I think revenge is one of the few things they actually got right this time around. I don't want to go back to the time when just locking on to someone gives them revenge. It takes skill (or crazy luck) to win ganks and that's the way it should be. A rare occurrence that feels so good when you do it.

Alustar.exe
09-06-2017, 04:13 PM
If they rebuff revenge I will get back on my Peacekeeper. I had posted videos before about how broken the old revenge gains were. I've trolled teams before popping revenge back to back over 3 times and been able to wipe the same group twice over.

CrunaCross
09-06-2017, 04:20 PM
Revenge is in a VERY good place right now and it needs no buffs at all. It does EXACTLY what it supposed to do, instead of turning revenge builds in permanent revenge unstoppable Terminators.

I can't believe that some people would like that joke back. But it will not change. According to the devs it will stay like it is.

CandleInTheDark
09-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Revenge is in a VERY good place right now and it needs no buffs at all. It does EXACTLY what it supposed to do, instead of turning revenge builds in permanent revenge unstoppable Terminators.

I can't believe that some people would like that joke back. But it will not change. According to the devs it will stay like it is.

That is just the thing,some people think that they should have the strength to match as many people as they are facing because how dare more than one person at once attack them, it was the crux of the argument made by people who blew up at the original nerfs. I strongly suspect that for most of those people, anything less than 'I can run into a group and mow them down like soldiers' won't be enough.

I could always take or leave revenge, most other multiplayers I have been in are far less forgiving if you find yourself out of position facing multiple members of the other team but as others have said, revenge gives them a chance and it is right enough that it relies on the other team being not bright in how they attack, one facing four playing with equal skill should expect to be on the losing end of it but playing against people not thinking about their attacks, yeah teams need to be more careful or they will be on someone's 1v4 video.

Alustar.exe
09-06-2017, 11:17 PM
... teams need to be more careful or they will be on someone's 1v4 video.

Like mine, it's actually not that difficult to handle a group of players if you know what to do. Positioning and external blocks are your friend.

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 12:48 AM

We kind of like where revenge is at the moment balance-wise. But there are some def meta changes that could still go through and could impact Revenge. So we'll have to see.