PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Xbox One Just If You're Bored

EverFox96
09-06-2017, 09:21 AM
So I'm actually undertaking a campaign of playing all of the mainstay AC titles, playing daily (and tweeting my struggle :P ) for the lead up to AC Origins.

I'm nearing the end of AC1 and my (sometimes expletive) journey might make for some fun reading for anyone familiar with the early series.

Its mostly a GIF and rant riddled mess. However I do plan to do a day to day playthrough of all of them barring unforeseen circumstances.

We're at 9 days so far but its been quite somethin so far so if you need a distraction my struggle with being good at the series could fill that gap.

@WinterFawkes to read, spectate and enjoy my slow descent into insanity.

Cheers - Fox

(If this belongs elsewhere forum wise please let me know)

Locopells
09-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Just nearing the end of mine, so have fun!

MstrTarvos
09-07-2017, 01:05 PM
I am not sure I have the sanity left to do this. I tried to do it with ACII and was short 2 feathers, and a few other things (finding that I was 2 feathers short really annoyed me and I gave up). I have moved on to Brotherhood, so we shall see what happens there.

cawatrooper9
09-07-2017, 02:23 PM
Yeah, at this point, playing through all the campaigns of the AC games is about a 100 hour affair, if not more.

100%ing them in a marathon is insane.

MstrTarvos
09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
The worst part of trying to 100% some of these is the oddball requirements in order to get 100% synch, some of which are just so blasted easy to screw up.

strigoi1958
09-08-2017, 02:45 PM
finished AC1... I never did... oh the shame :o

cawatrooper9
09-08-2017, 02:47 PM
finished AC1... I never did... oh the shame :o

You mean as in the main story, or 100%?

strigoi1958
09-09-2017, 12:37 AM
You mean as in the main story, or 100%?

I think I got to about 37% of the whole game. I bought it on an impulse in a game store and thought it looked quite interesting. I read the the back of the case (I can't remember exactly but) I think it mentioned the crusades and at the time I was already doing a little research on the knights Templar links to the freemasonry. I started playing and I could see the massive potential but it was not there yet...

The gameplay was a little repetitive and I lost interest in collectables and just stopped playing... maybe that's why I didn't get any of the MD I never really played enough AC1 to get any involvement.

I think what didn't help was I bought a lot of games that day.... I think Stalker, overlord, Brian Lara cricket and Portal and instead of just playing 1 game from start to finish... I started a few... and I think the others started to take more of my time.

it was only years later that I bought far cry 3 and bundled with it was AC3... I was hooked on FC3 and by then I had learned not to start multiple games at once ;) (ok when replaying games) but I was still 80% of the way through FC3 and I thought I'd install AC3... I had hoped AC would build on AC1 but this was far more than I could have imagined, the plot twist with Haytham, the wide open space in the frontier and the sense of belonging I got from the homestead missions was amazing plus I'd already read about links to the founding fathers and freemasonry so it added a bit more to the game for me.

Obviously that also made the historical side of the game more appealing to me and so all MD parts were unwanted distractions at that point. Also that was Desmonds last appearance (obviously we can access his memories in the animus and replay him in the future) and so the MD had ended before I knew anything about it... ( a little like reading the last chapter of a book first, so anything prior was pointless ).

So naturally stunned by how epic AC3 is ( I don't like to compare games but I do use AC3 as a standard for content, enjoyment, puzzles, activities and gameplay) I came to the forums and people were complaining about fps :( if it were possible I'd like games that prevented fps counters because some people complain if it drops from 60 fps to 59 fps for less than 1 second in a minute of gameplay :(

So I bought AC2, ACB, ACR and started on my induction into the brotherhood ;)

I know ACB is seen as more like an expansion to AC2 than a standalone game, but... it took me longer to complete and is very good . Revelations was great but short... during those 3 games the only time MD/ 1st Civ came close to getting my attention was Ezio talking to Desmond. By then it was too late... MD might have had the story but the historical side had all the action. If in AC4 BF the missions where Edward swims into caves had actually been MD sections (which could easily have been done because it would not have needed an MD city) it could have been good, but taking data to a courier in the foyer and hacking pc's by playing "frogger" (although cool and nostalgic) did little to benefit MD.

I should really go back and play AC1 but I still buy too many games (and still replay Shadow of Mordor far too often.... ;) I can complete it 100% in a long day session but it is hugely entertaining and fun and my mates like my London cockney Uruk impersonations)