PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful hero in 1v1 Ranked?

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 12:34 PM
So there are a few heroes that just out shine everyone in ranked and always seem to be top whether it be because of turtling, spamming moveset or 50/50 etc.

Im a cent main (yes I know I'm cancerous) and I can get to semi finals and have got to the finals but there are literally a few heroes I see in the finals with me all the time.

PK - Light spam and turtling like never before, they just sit and wait for you to attack and her lights are just to fast to react to.
Conq - Turtle all the time and they sit and block, unless your using someone who's main attacks are lights then your going to have a tough time.
Warlord - Same as above.
Warden - For me he's not so much of a problem but I see everyone else complaining about his 50/50

The above are just the ones i struggle to break down in ranked and who seem to win a lot of the time.

1v1 was bad enough with the def meta but there was nothing really to lose but now with ranked turtling has become a massive problem. There are a few heroes which I see coming first most of the time and I thought it would be a good Idea if I make a poll so the devs can see who is the problem and maybe possible fixes. Im only going to list the ones I think are OP in 1v1 for whatever reason.

Btw not a salty thread, I'm happy winning or losing but its boring seeing the same heroes in top tier, Unfortunately I don't main anyone top tier so I struggle bit in 1v1 and no cent in not top tier maybe mid tier in 1v1

My.Insanity
09-05-2017, 01:27 PM
I know why there is no Valk in this Poll XD *sad crying*

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Maining Berserker I've played 5 tournaments. I've won 1, came runner up in another, and was eliminated in the semi's or quarter finals on the other 3. Glad to say I've never failed to make it past the qualifiers.

Surprisingly, a light-spamming Nobushi was what prevented me from winning a second final. But they're generally quite well balanced.

All the other eliminations were carried out by Centurions. One error is all it takes, especially near a wall, and it's game over. Most will just wait for a parry and then the fun begins!
Unblockable Charged heavy > Unblockable Punch (Stamina usually gone by this point) > Fall to ground > Unblockable Leaping bellend attack. Add a wall combo in and i'm dead. No wall combo, and i'll get up with no stamina and a bar of health left. Not the best position to be in with a trigger happy nine year old rolling his face over a controller and his toon marching toward you, full of self-satisfaction despite the fact he's playing on easy mode, yelling things at you in Latin. I'm past even getting angry with it now, I just drop my controller, sigh loudly, and wonder how this cancerous, boring class ever came into existence.

TSCDescon
09-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Isn't there just 3 most powerful hero for rank at the moment?

PK
Warlord
Cent

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Isn't there just 3 most powerful hero for rank at the moment?

PK
Warlord
Cent

yes exactly my point, the devs need to see who is op and fix it. Im a rep 12 cent and I'm pretty good all round but I have failed to win yet due to PK and its always PK I lose against.

Specialkha
09-05-2017, 02:13 PM
You do realize that Cent may have the same treatment than PK?

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 02:38 PM
You do realize that Cent may have the same treatment than PK?
yes mate, I'm aware of the problems people have against cent lol, in high level plays I find it a real pain to win duels as a cent main.

Charmzzz
09-05-2017, 02:44 PM
PK got nerfed like how many times? 4? 5? If they nerf Light Attacks (which are 500ms, same as alot of other Lights) on PK -> Trash Tier instantly.

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 02:52 PM
yes mate, I'm aware of the problems people have against cent lol, in high level plays I find it a real pain to win duels as a cent main.

Perhaps you should focus on practising more rather than sending people angry messages over PSN after you lose in a fair fight ;)

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 02:55 PM
PK got nerfed like how many times? 4? 5? If they nerf Light Attacks (which are 500ms, same as alot of other Lights) on PK -> Trash Tier instantly.

its the light spam thats the problem, most others have a light combo which gets stopped much easier than PK, her recovery is too fast that she can just keep swinging and you can't react quick enough. With heroes like glad and valk, the lights cannot be spammed because you get free GB if blocked where as pk can recover faster and continue the spam, I can't even get a GB on her because the lights are too fast, I cant even squeeze in a light of my own because hers are too fast, and the problem is with most PK mains I have come across in ranked they all turtle up then dash attack when you try to attack, then once the 1st attack hits its just light spam even after that point. Like I said I'm as cent main and trust me I'm aware of how OP he is.

Helnekromancer
09-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Voted for Centurion since Berzerker isn't on there. Sure Cent is annoying but as Nobushi i can atleast zone him away and interupt some of his charge attacks with my range, but berzerkers counters me simply by just spinning, if i feint a heavy, my character can't block fast enough, let alone parry his spin atatck so because i blocked now he gets to swing more which makes my fighter not defend themselves and i he 1-2 attacks. And if i feint a light into HS i still get hit because i can't block while in HS and getting out of it to block takes too long. And if i ZA he spins and if i Side Heavy he spins, same for PK, just cucked by dodges. I used to be able to parry these type of attack very frequently but now i can only block, trying to parry gets me hit. Did Timesnap indirectly nerf Nobushi?

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 03:20 PM
Perhaps you should focus on practising more rather than sending people angry messages over PSN after you lose in a fair fight ;)

XD lol the salt has caught up with me :eek:

Charmzzz
09-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Ok DrinkinMehStella. You are on PS and maybe you should try to improve your input lag since that is what alot of people here recommend on improving vs fast Attacks.

I can block other PK's on reaction. And I face alot of other players who block / parry 80 - 90% of my Light's. But I am on PC though with a 144hz Monitor, wired connection, wired Mouse / Keyboard, so my input lag is minimized.

PDXGorechild
09-05-2017, 03:29 PM
XD lol the salt has caught up with me :eek:

Haha you were playing Kensei, very well actually, but I don't think you liked my feint heavy hit-and-run playstyle on Berserker. :p

Voted for Centurion since Berzerker isn't on there. Sure Cent is annoying but as Nobushi i can atleast zone him away and interupt some of his charge attacks with my range, but berzerkers counters me simply by just spinning, if i feint a heavy, my character can't block fast enough, let alone parry his spin atatck so because i blocked now he gets to swing more which makes my fighter not defend themselves and i he 1-2 attacks. And if i feint a light into HS i still get hit because i can't block while in HS and getting out of it to block takes too long. And if i ZA he spins and if i Side Heavy he spins, same for PK, just cucked by dodges. I used to be able to parry these type of attack very frequently but now i can only block, trying to parry gets me hit. Did Timesnap indirectly nerf Nobushi?

I only really use spin attack against people in duels if it's to dodge a top heavy or unblockable attack. Sometimes I'll use it when I know it will miss to give me a hyperarmoured heavy after. Beyond that, it's pretty easy to parry punish. As a Nobushi i'd recommend feinting a top heavy, parrying the spin attack and punishing him. A Zerk can't take too many of these.

DrinkinMyStella
09-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Ok DrinkinMehStella. You are on PS and maybe you should try to improve your input lag since that is what alot of people here recommend on improving vs fast Attacks.

I can block other PK's on reaction. And I face alot of other players who block / parry 80 - 90% of my Light's. But I am on PC though with a 144hz Monitor, wired connection, wired Mouse / Keyboard, so my input lag is minimized.

ah ok, im not sure how to help the input lag on a console, I think for this games 60fps would have helped with a lot of these problems.

Felheric
09-05-2017, 04:11 PM
I voted other as there is no Gladiator in the poll and not many people even mention him at all. His 500ms lights have more reach than valk, he can annoy you with unblocklable pin nd punish hard oos. His dashes have like zero recovery compare to all other assasins, I know he have short range of dash but he doesnt need more cuz of his reach, infact i think its much better compare to forward dash of orochi as he have less recovery and can space more correctly. And the most op thing is his zone attack, I dont know what devs was thinking when they made that mechanic. hard to dodge, he can even cancel it, Take one bar, very solid speed, moves him forward.
Super annoying to play against gladiator who space himself correctly and punish your every dash or whiff with light than when you finally get in his face you eat zone.
His weakness is like that **** 1 sec reflex guard which i think is bad mechanic overall and bugged deflects which will be fixed soon to come. Otherwise I think he has everything.

Toran80
09-05-2017, 05:08 PM
In my opinion you have to mention the plattform before saying who is strong and who is not.

On PC above Gold II there are a lot of players parrying any light so Peacekeeper (or Cheesekeeper like I call him) is not a problem.

This is because Ubisoft made an epic fail in not locking the dpi for mouse users so parry is not a bad thing at all. Also there is parry/ block bot which is a lot more in use since rank came out.

I do not understand why they don't do a simple change which would make this game great. Simply patch out GB on parries to light attack (it should only interrupt chains, nothing else). It is not realistic you loose footing went you don't put all in on a blow (like you do on a heavy).

SenBotsu893
09-05-2017, 05:48 PM
i would be interested in the offical data from ubisoft. by now there has to be statistics that debict wich hereo lands first place most of the times and what heroes get picked for ranked matches in general

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 07:15 PM
ah ok, im not sure how to help the input lag on a console, I think for this games 60fps would have helped with a lot of these problems.

Are you playing on a monitor or a tv? how much respond time it has?
Switched from a 8 ms tv (what is good for a TV) to a 2ms monitor - - - the difference is really big you see the attacks better coming and reacting to them is much easier, i am still not used to it.

60 FPS won't make that much of a difference, it will would help to make some attacks abit more telegraphed but actully the only thing that i can't really react to, are PK zones... they don't have any movement that telegraphes the attack - it's like it happens out of nowhere

Rikuto01.tv
09-05-2017, 08:45 PM

Not a single one of her nerfs did anything relevant.

A character's balance isn't determined by the number of times you can technically nerf something about them. If the overpowered aspect of their character is never touched, they remain overpowered. If you keep nerfing something that was never a problem, nothing changes.

Imagine if Orochi's top lights were insta kill and players asked for him to be nerfed. So Ubisoft said ok, we're nerfing him and they proceed to nerf his side lights. Right? Nothing would change because his side lights are already garbage.

To that extent, let's make this clear. PK's lights are not what push her over the edge. It's the fact she has the fastest zone attack in the game which is totally safe and his magnet range, combined with unpunishable evasion tactics.

She does not have to put herself in a dangerous situation, but if another character attacks her they are immediately in a dangerous situation because now they are inside her zone of death and she will always have the first move.

Charmzzz
09-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Not a single one of her nerfs did anything relevant.

A character's balance isn't determined by the number of times you can technically nerf something about them. If the overpowered aspect of their character is never touched, they remain overpowered. If you keep nerfing something that was never a problem, nothing changes.

Imagine if Orochi's top lights were insta kill and players asked for him to be nerfed. So Ubisoft said ok, we're nerfing him and they proceed to nerf his side lights. Right? Nothing would change because his side lights are already garbage.

To that extent, let's make this clear. PK's lights are not what push her over the edge. It's the fact she has the fastest zone attack in the game which is totally safe and his magnet range, combined with unpunishable evasion tactics.

She does not have to put herself in a dangerous situation, but if another character attacks her they are immediately in a dangerous situation because now they are inside her zone of death and she will always have the first move.

Ok, fastest Zone which deals 20 Damage, costs half her Stamina and comes always from your right side and has not the range you claim it has. You have to get in range of alot of other characters to hit with it. And, since you forgot it (it seems) they nerfed her Zone - recovery is pretty long now. If you whiff it - free GB on you.

I dont want to defend PK Zone for the sake of my main. Nerf it, it is ok for me. But then PK has to get something else, cause it is her only "surprise"...

Unpunishable evasion? Explain that please. Dodge - open for a free GB.

XJadeDragoonX
09-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Ok, fastest Zone which deals 20 Damage, costs half her Stamina and comes always from your right side and has not the range you claim it has. You have to get in range of alot of other characters to hit with it. And, since you forgot it (it seems) they nerfed her Zone - recovery is pretty long now. If you whiff it - free GB on you.

I dont want to defend PK Zone for the sake of my main. Nerf it, it is ok for me. But then PK has to get something else, cause it is her only "surprise"...

Not to discredit you, but her zone has a pretty instantaneous recovery. Also, in regard to talking about her evasion, I believe he was talking about her sidestep heavy. It is certainly punishable but a great tool for when people go to attack. For many players it is too fast to respond adequately to. Not to mention that many attacks in the game don't recover fast enough to be able to block it.

But I play Berserker so PKs are honestly child's play to me for the most part because of hyper armor.

S0Mi_xD
09-05-2017, 09:49 PM

The speed of her one is insane and with some lags unreactable.
That's because her zone has nearly no animation that telegraphs her attack, that means, you can only rely on the indicator.
And with zoneflicker you can't even rely on the indicator anymore.

It would be fine by me if they would lower the dmg from 20 to 10.
That would make it abit more dangerous stamina wise, and 10 dmg is a fair amount for such a fast attack.
Also it has a follow up, that means it has a high potential dmg.

Warden zone deals 20 dmg, but it is well telegraphed by a animation and can be punished on Block.
Orochis zone deals 20 dmg, also well telegraphed with a spinning motion, and as soon they manage to fix zoneflicker (what is theoreticly pretty easy, just remove the buffer between light and heavy input for zone attack, and Zoneficker and many unlock exploits which are using the buffer as well are gone) it will be completly fine.

Charmzzz
09-05-2017, 09:59 PM
Alright, lower the Zone Damage to 10. Then give PK faster heavies, or hyperarmor, or something else... Cause as it is right now, in my skill bracket, I cannot rely on Zone as a "unpunishable" source of damage like you seem to see it. No idea what kind of enemies you get, but the ones I play against mostly block or even parry it when I try to open a fight with Zone. Feint a heavy into Zone is easily punishable by a Light from most other Heroes.

I would be even fine with a nerf to Zone damage if they give PK her mixup back which is currently completely broken. No heavy soft feint into GB in chains since remove of Timesnap...

UbiJurassic
09-06-2017, 01:13 AM
A great idea for a poll, DrinkinMehStella! We'll be sure to keep an eye on the poll numbers and forward the info along to the team, as they want to hear the player feedback on it.

Rikuto01.tv
09-06-2017, 01:59 AM

I am talking about her sidestep heavy antics combined with long feint windows on other characters, as well as her lack of commitment on zone and backdash speed.

Scenario 1, player attacks PK, PK dodges on reaction and attacks with heavy. Hits, does damage.

Scenario 2, player feints with heavy to bait PK, PK sidesteps into heavy, heavy cannot be parried due to feint window being too long on recovery (most of the cast).

Scenario 3, player feints with heavy to bait PK, PK zone attacks them on reaction easily because timesnap is disabled then dashes backwards until stamina recovers.

There are very few instances where anyone can do anything about this even when you know exactly whats going on and how to bait them. If PK was taking as many risks as everyone else, she wouldn't be on top most of the time in competition. That's just how fighting games are.

Of course, my solution is to simply tone down her zone range. I don't mind it being unreactable as a short range attack, I don't even mind it being short recovery. I just don't like it being the shield that stops her from ever having to commit while she plays the neutral game.

Helnekromancer
09-06-2017, 02:32 AM
I only really use spin attack against people in duels if it's to dodge a top heavy or unblockable attack. Sometimes I'll use it when I know it will miss to give me a hyperarmoured heavy after. Beyond that, it's pretty easy to parry punish. As a Nobushi i'd recommend feinting a top heavy, parrying the spin attack and punishing him. A Zerk can't take too many of these.

Already told you, i tried this and the nobushi can't switch stance fast enough to block it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't either way every fight i come across in 1v1 is a uphill battle since i can't bank on super armor or fast unblockables to carry me through fights.

Antonioj26
09-06-2017, 02:35 AM
Already told you, i tried this and the nobushi can't switch stance fast enough to block it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't either way every fight i come across in 1v1 is a uphill battle since i can't bank on super armor or fast unblockables to carry me through fights.

Everyone's guard switch is the same for blocking, parrying is slower since the animation has to finish before you can but blocking is all the same. I don't play nobu but I did this all the time with raider and got the parry off with no problems.

Knight_Raime
09-06-2017, 11:00 AM
It entirely depends tbh. PK can be aggressive and most still struggle to deal with her lights. Her back dash is super good.
Warlord if played good reactively pretty much rolls anyone atm.
Centurion can destroy anyone if the person is good at punishing whenever possible.

PK falls apart against someone who can defend against her lights since she can't mix her GB into combos. She's forced to wait and either try to parry or do a gouge with a feint bait.
Dodge attacks don't work for her unless the person is actively trying to be aggressive against her. So essentially a good turtle can stop her.

Warlord is usually beaten by baiting them. Most don't learn to use the counter move he has with his lights. Anyone that can mix up even somewhat with unblockables has his number. The warlord has to read the situation right every time.

And centurion is completely trash if he can't get into his mix up game. He only really gets in there if he can start a punish on you. He is also really weak to feint baiting But how you handle cent entirely depends on your hero choice. Some heros NEED to push aggression and can't let centurion do that. others need to be incredibly passive against him. Basically if you learn to parry his uncharged heavy and know how to bait he's done so long as you don't slip up and get parried.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that gladiator is the strongest in 1v1 if we don't count punishes. Because if we do centurion is going to stay the best until light parries are gone and GB off of parry is gone.

Vorreth
09-06-2017, 11:08 AM
The class doesn't matter the only thing really matters is using a gamepad and running the three-way-block-hack. That's how you lvlup without any stress as most do. Try to play it as a hobby with normal controls or M/Keyboard and you're lost for sure. ~

*Now waiting for the mandatory one that croaks the opposite as usual, ensuring he's wether using hacks, nor a fanboysh herald, totally ignoring every fact that you only get catastrophic matchmaking results like 50 lvls difference* Go for it !

So: It happens to me against wardens, peacekeepers and I can imagine any other class in that also, because an allround blocking character is only beatable through another allround defending character. When you got the same level of insanity then we're back at the question: Which class is the better one for those madness gameplay? It's really no longer about real skill in this. We have non human gameplay here, but wait! that's of course impossible, because every time someone brings up such arguments he must simply be a bad player.

Screw it, I'm not born to invest all my limited energy into a game that actually used to deliver energy aaand fun. Start working together for once.

I'm sick of that 360 allround block spam you can get through by a chance about maybe 10%, while any other attempt (grabbing) gets badly countered. Wasn't able to get through that block spam to take such player more than 50% of their lifebar. And IF I was that bad I wouldn't have managed even that 50 lvl ahead of my own as a hobby player with Rlife.
Anyone that tries to sell me this behaviour as pure skill must believe that every U.F.O. footage is absolutely unfakable and for real, while behind rainbows for sure lies some gold filled pot hidden, right next to the unicorn stable..

There are a lot of players out there, that upset and burned out to write about this unnatural 5.1 surround blocking system, that they don't wanna have to do with any of this pvp content for lifetime in this game and make a huge turn round any following Ubisoft PVP title. Because the bots stupidly behave like griever players... how sad's that?

Well, perhaps it's all my fault. Shouldn't have refused to get a cybernetic brain speedup implant that lifts me to a "human being 2.0" version... So that's my purgatory!

DrinkinMyStella
09-06-2017, 11:09 AM
I didn't put gladiator in because of the fact I see him being used not that much plus after you block any light its a free GB and for that reason I find him less of a threat. I put other so you can mention anyone I didn't list, there are only 10 options also if you think console or pc has apart to play in how reactable these heroes are then list what platform your on and who you think is too dominant in ranked.

Knight_Raime
09-06-2017, 11:17 AM
I didn't put gladiator in because of the fact I see him being used not that much plus after you block any light its a free GB and for that reason I find him less of a threat. I put other so you can mention anyone I didn't list, there are only 10 options also if you think console or pc has apart to play in how reactable these heroes are then list what platform your on and who you think is too dominant in ranked.

the 3 I mentioned would be the 3 way tie for most powerful.
I play xbox.
And glad only gets free GBed on blocked dash attacks not normal light. I don't really use those to be honest.
ranked is new. people would rather play their main than chance it on a new hero.

DrinkinMyStella
09-06-2017, 12:10 PM
the 3 I mentioned would be the 3 way tie for most powerful.
I play xbox.
And glad only gets free GBed on blocked dash attacks not normal light. I don't really use those to be honest.
ranked is new. people would rather play their main than chance it on a new hero.

exactly thats why I didn't put highlander or glad on there because most people will use main they understand better.