PDA

View Full Version : Damage Feats

Specialkha
09-05-2017, 08:28 AM
When will we have a real balance update about Damage feats? Is it normal to be one shot by a catapult while having no response time? The only way to avoid a catapult (for most of the cast since they are so sluggish) is to not be engaged with someone. As soon as you are lock into combat or GB, or even while you parry, someone can launch a catapult on your head and you will not be able to avoid it.

But same goes for others damage feats as well, spear storm, arrow storm, fire flask, etc...

What are you waiting for Ubisoft?

My.Insanity
09-05-2017, 08:44 AM
All this dmg feats are lvl 4 and you can use them only once in most of the games because of the long cooldown. So i dont get why they shound't kill? If your Team is breaking use the following rules:

1. capture zones (A or C) to rally your Team

2. dont fight with your whole Team against one enemy (4vs1 will get you all killed)

3. dont stay too close to your mates

and if all of this dont work...

4. Search for a Building and fight in it... (Catapult / Spear Storm and Arrow Storm are useless in Buildings and Fire Flask dosent kill 1 hit and is a bit more reacteable)

SangLong524
09-05-2017, 09:00 AM
That is the peril of teamwork. U can do that too. So what is the problem? U want to avoid the catapult while locked in engagement at the same time? How spoiled!

UbiNoty
09-07-2017, 02:49 AM
I think this is the way most of these aoe feats are intended. They're usually level 4, and so take time to build up to, and most shouldn't kill you if you're at full health I believe. That being said, we have done a number of feat balancing changes, and so we can take a look at the aoe numbers to see if any are particularly bad or unbalanced.

Malyngo
09-16-2017, 11:30 AM
That is the peril of teamwork. U can do that too. So what is the problem? U want to avoid the catapult while locked in engagement at the same time? How spoiled!
The problem I have with them is that, at least to me, they seem to make one sided matches even more one sided. The winning side gets the feats, and the losing side gets no chance.
Yeah, sure, "get good" I see it coming.

Tyrjo
09-16-2017, 01:42 PM
Catapult is not great the way it is now. I have said it before and will say it again:

Instead of having an awesome 4vs4 battle in the end of a match, it ends with a precision airstrike killing the whole team. I think it breaks the game and what it is supposed to be about, melee fighting. Catapult should do max 50 dmg and be slightly slower. It's way to easy to nuke a whole team with it right now.

We.the.North
09-16-2017, 03:10 PM
I would make all level 4 feat deal 50-70 damage to a much wider area. Bombs level 3 feats should deal 40.

SangLong524
09-16-2017, 08:13 PM
The problem I have with them is that, at least to me, they seem to make one sided matches even more one sided. The winning side gets the feats, and the losing side gets no chance.
Yeah, sure, "get good" I see it coming.

Not to be mean but that's the idea. both sides get equal chance to unlock tier 4 feat. So whoever get it faster, which also mean they've earned more renown/score for their team. At the same time, the other team is doing badly. it only means that the losing side is simple not as good. Plain and simple! T4 feat cooldown is long. So if one manages to avoid/survive the strike, then it's back to square one (relatively) for both fighters, just like the beginning of the match. So WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? you're just not as good, deal with it. So yeah, as u has seen it coming, "get good".... i'm sincerely not saying it out of spite.
Catapult isn't a sure win feat, it requires Open space, precision, and time. I've never seen a catapult strike killing the whole team AND ending the match at any given time. except Realistic mode,
but realistically speaking, can u survive a realistic catapult strike? No, the team that get killed together at once are stupid MORONS, each and everyone of them. Good riddance!

We.the.North
09-16-2017, 11:05 PM
Not to be mean but that's the idea. both sides get equal chance to unlock tier 4 feat. So whoever get it faster, which also mean they've earned more renown/score for their team. At the same time, the other team is doing badly. it only means that the losing side is simple not as good. Plain and simple!

Considering all knight heroes get access to catapult, but they get bonus renown for different action and those actions and the # of bonus renown are all unbalanced at the moment. Some characters will get their 4th feat much faster than others.

As a Shinobi, I once finished a game with a score of 14-1 and I didn't even unlock the 3rd feat by the end of the game despite trying to hunt "1v1 fights" for my bonus renown. It just happened on most of those fights, an ally appear in the middle of my sickle rain to finish off the kill. As a result, I probably had 12 assist in those 14 kills. Thus, not even 3rd feat unlocked.

I swear, some characters gain renown much faster.

Specialkha
09-18-2017, 02:44 PM
yeah, assassin earns renows slower than any other type of class. 1v1 are too rare in Dominion.

And most T4 feats one shot class with low hp (Assassin, HL, etc...). There should be 100% FF on that kind of feat, and TK should be punished. That way, no one would use on a melee fight with his own team.

Malyngo
09-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Love how you start with this ...

Not to be mean ...
... and end with this ...

No, the team that get killed together at once are stupid MORONS, each and everyone of them. Good riddance!
Ubi, congrats on getting together the most unfriendly community ever on a game.

Realistically speaking, the feat would take at least a minute until the catapult strike hits.

gj4063
09-18-2017, 06:39 PM
Steamroller effect of higher skilled teams gaining enhancements faster, thereby making the match even more lopsided is just one of the many reasons why this game has a limited player base.

You need no more evidence (yet there is much more) then people quitting mid game and gaining the quitters penalty (and just going and playing a different game) you understands that this game is far from causal friendly. And far from the twitch combat game it wishes it was.

SangLong524
09-19-2017, 01:56 AM

Realistically speaking, the feat would take at least a minute until the catapult strike hits.

Thank u!!!
Maybe it's time for YOU to realize that you only have 2 parents (i hope) who should say nice things to u. I, for one, under no obligations to please u or anyone with things u want to hear.
About the team dying together thing, i stand by my opinion. U mad?
And nice sarcasm! It would have trigger me if it isnt overused already. I"ll give u a cookie if i could :)

Specialkha
09-19-2017, 08:44 AM
Still, for instance, catapult comes too fast to dodge it if you are already locked into combat with someone else. Those kind of feat should do 100% FF and TK should be punished.

SangLong524
09-19-2017, 08:57 AM
Still, for instance, catapult comes too fast to dodge it if you are already locked into combat with someone else. Those kind of feat should do 100% FF and TK should be punished.
Hmm, yh! Catapult comes down rather fast if u compare to fire flask and arrow storm. I agree that some tinkering maybe necessary, or just buff others to equal its lethality.
Nevertheless, my favorite tier4 is now spear storm... ehhthe highlander's t4 feat. I miss most of my catapult strike

matt89connor
09-19-2017, 09:06 AM
i think feats should unlocked after the time for all players not with points, because in dominion and in elimination, when 1or 2 take 3rd and 4th feats , the game become more unbalance, especially in elimination mode

DrinkinMyStella
09-19-2017, 09:48 AM
I have been killed right on the edge of the blast radius many of times, I don't think that you 1 shot kill, obviously is depends on your health pool but even with 5 bars its tends to kill me, maybe latency is a factor.

S0Mi_xD
09-19-2017, 10:33 AM

That's humanity - with the nice boost of the influence through anonymity in the internet ;)

Oh don't forget kids :D and those who never grow out of it