PDA

View Full Version : I guess I can't play Skirmish anymore?

OfTheStone
09-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I have three contract orders to complete for Skirmish games, but no one is playing that game mode. I tried waiting for matchmaking to place me into a game, but it timed out twice after about 15 minutes.This is really frustrating because these orders are really easy to get done, but I just can't complete them because Skirmish is so unpopular. This issue really needs to be fixed.

Lyskir
09-03-2017, 07:50 PM
just do Players vs AI...... on PC 2-5 min and u will find a group

or with matchmaking off, thats even faster

OfTheStone
09-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Bots aren't very fun. :(

Lyskir
09-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Bots aren't very fun. :(

i know man : /

UbiJurassic
09-04-2017, 12:10 AM
On PC, it seems Duels and Dominion are players favorites. As Lyskir said, if you're looking to get the orders out of the way, it may be quicker to do PvAI.

Moondyne_MC
09-04-2017, 06:18 AM
Jurassic, I feel like this issue requires more attention than that. I haven't been able to find a Skirmish match in literally 2 months now, despite the activity tracker reading "high" the majority of the time.

My assumption is that the activity level must take in to account the number of people searching for a game rather than only those playing it. There also seems to be an issue with hosting Skirmish matches. After a certain amount of time searching for Dom/Elim/ect matches, assuming your NAT is green (mine is) you will simply create a lobby, which in my experience fills up almost instantly.

However, this doesn't happen on Skirmish. Ever. I will sit in the matchmaking lobby for 20 minutes until it finally just gives me an error.

IMO there is a genuine problem with Skirmish matchmaking that needs to be investigated, rather than just telling people to play vs AI instead.