PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the cent feint gb. Plz someone answer

SplugeKing
09-02-2017, 10:31 PM
It's like the fastest feint ever followed up by GB. The feint is so fast I don't have time to move my controller left or right then counter the GB. I haven't been able to defend it once, I stopped trying to parry after the first couple times but still it's so fast I can't move my stick (in case of actual attack) then have time to press a button .5 inches away

Is it a light feint? Have they reduced the counter GB timing? What's the deal I have never experienced this until the past couple days.

SwellChemosabe
09-02-2017, 11:18 PM
it's not a light feint, it's a chargeable heavy that can be canceled at almost any point in the initial start up, which usually will lead players to believe it'll follow through, switching their guard stances and trying to time the parry. But because it can be canceled so late in the animation it catches most people off guard. It's like the latest favorite move for cent players to just sit there and feint guard break attack 8 or 9 times in a row.

AzureSky.
09-03-2017, 12:10 AM
You only need to parry his lights and just block his heavys then dash to the sides, if you are lucky (since unblockable and physical moves are hitbox based, not like the rest of the moves that are command based) you can punish him after that.

SplugeKing
09-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Will good to know. It's super fast and fairly annoying

TheTKOShow
09-03-2017, 04:06 AM
It is so over powered
The light to GB and the hvy cancle to gb
It's to much for one toon

kweassa1
09-03-2017, 06:16 AM
It is so over powered
The light to GB and the hvy cancle to gb
It's to much for one toon

Without any bullshi*, literally, the last time I got caught by the light-GB quickthrow was like in June. I do get caught by charged heavy-into-GBs from time to time, but usually on the opponent's first try. Once I know the opponent makes use of those, not a real problem.

...and of course, I'm a scrubby nub that's practically given up on duels and struggle around maybe 50% win ratio in dominion, with K/D barely over 1.0.

So if I can do this, there's literally no reason/excuse why any of you cannot.

You see, in life, there's this concept called "practice what you aren't good at"... us old farts in our middle ages with bad reflexes and dimming eye sights usually do this "practice" thingy a lot because we can't just do some things on demand without actually trying it and experiencing and rehearsing for it beforehand.

So when you guys find out that you can't counter certain things by just experiencing the said event in uneven, clandestine intervals from time to time, it actually helps to do it over and over and over and over again until your brains and your muscles memorize the situation and do it spontaneously as it happens.

...or you can whine about it on the boards... for months and months. Because that always works, right? :rolleyes:

Tyrjo
09-03-2017, 08:13 AM
The soft feint need to really get its timings tightened. It's ridiculous like it is right now.

brashtralas
09-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Everyone needs to specify what platform they're on, because there is a difference.

SplugeKing
09-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Everyone needs to specify what platform they're on, because there is a difference.

Xbox it's literally like a flicker GB. It's so fast i don't have time to change my guard then press the X button. 25 inches away to counter the gb

lMoosel
09-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Platform doesn't matter, practice does. I don't have any problems with it and I'm Xbox. I've been maining cent and have a pretty damn nasty cent I've developed and I regularly scrim my buddy's and literally nobody complains about it lol.

mrmistark
09-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Honestly his feint into gab needs to be the same as the feint into gb the wardens sb has. He shouldn't be able to feint so late.

brashtralas
09-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Platform doesn't matter, practice does. I don't have any problems with it and I'm Xbox. I've been maining cent and have a pretty damn nasty cent I've developed and I regularly scrim my buddy's and literally nobody complains about it lol.

You mean no one on your team complains about you being lightning fast and able to demolish your enemies?

Stunning!

I'm also on Xbox, play centurion, and can react to it. That's not to say it isn't ridiculously fast and rare for anyone to actually counter it.

There is a difference between platforms, and people that play on pc talking down about how easy it is does nobaody any good.

Herbstlicht
09-03-2017, 10:58 PM
Well, its just one of the moves this already completely broken toon has up his sleeves to make your life even worse. Overall though, its rather cool and reactable. It's his whole toolset or better said is freakin' cutscene stuff that annoys most players the most.
Please go for some nice Cent rework Ubi :3

ArchDukeInstinct
09-04-2017, 11:36 AM
Without any bullshi*, literally, the last time I got caught by the light-GB quickthrow was like in June. I do get caught by charged heavy-into-GBs from time to time, but usually on the opponent's first try. Once I know the opponent makes use of those, not a real problem.

...and of course, I'm a scrubby nub that's practically given up on duels and struggle around maybe 50% win ratio in dominion, with K/D barely over 1.0.

So if I can do this, there's literally no reason/excuse why any of you cannot.

You see, in life, there's this concept called "practice what you aren't good at"... us old farts in our middle ages with bad reflexes and dimming eye sights usually do this "practice" thingy a lot because we can't just do some things on demand without actually trying it and experiencing and rehearsing for it beforehand.

Yeah and guess what, you're playing against other old farts that don't come anywhere close to using the character to its full potential.