PDA

View Full Version : Think I found a problem with the drop and punishment rule

Sealchoker
09-02-2017, 09:27 AM
So, I started a duel match against a conqueror. I never drop and I don't play cheap. I also don't have ADD and need to touch buttons all the time. He started off by standing still so I went after him, he tried to run so I cornered him tried to engage before he squirmed away and positioned himself in an area where he might be able to push me into the water. Not feeling the need to play his game I waited for him for awhile. He refused to come back up. So I stepped back and waited for him to decide to fight. After a minute of me not moving while I waited for him to come out, I was dropped and had to pay the time penalty. So basically I was punished for not letting my enemy force me to fight him on his terms and not flicking my joystick from time to time.

SwellChemosabe
09-02-2017, 10:00 AM
If you stood idle then the game booted you for being AFK. It's something they introduced a while ago. 60 seconds i'm pretty sure until kick.

Situations like these happen to me from time to time and I just keep moving, keep myself at a safe distance and just do some light attacks, not really swinging at anything, just waiting for my opponent to do something.

Even won a tournament mode qualifying match this way. I had the guy pretty low on health, lower than mine anyway, so he ran for the nearest cliff trying to bait me over there. I just stood by emote spamming until the time ran out, he wouldn't budge and I suspected he kinda gave up cause he just started emote spamming back. match won by technical forfeit I guess?

edit: this also applies for pattern movement. (not quite sure what it's called) there's an algorithm that analyzes movement patterns and determines whether or nor you're just moving your character every so often, or like when people put rubber bands around their analog sticks to keep their character in game to xp farm. If it picks up on something like this you could also be kicked.

it could have been that you weren't moving enough or using the same movements in a recognizable pattern.

UbiNoty
09-03-2017, 01:47 AM
So, I started a duel match against a conqueror. I never drop and I don't play cheap. I also don't have ADD and need to touch buttons all the time. He started off by standing still so I went after him, he tried to run so I cornered him tried to engage before he squirmed away and positioned himself in an area where he might be able to push me into the water. Not feeling the need to play his game I waited for him for awhile. He refused to come back up. So I stepped back and waited for him to decide to fight. After a minute of me not moving while I waited for him to come out, I was dropped and had to pay the time penalty. So basically I was punished for not letting my enemy force me to fight him on his terms and not flicking my joystick from time to time.

I'm very sorry this happened and it sounds like an unfortunate occurence. These kinds of situations don't happen too often, so while it means the afk system did it's inteded job, it also didn't take into account your circumstances. I'll bring it up with the team, but it may also be good to remind yourself not to stand still for extended periods of time. If thre's no input at all within a 60s timeframe you're at risk for getting kicked, so you may want to make it a habit to at least make some minimal movements from time to time in the future.

Sealchoker
09-03-2017, 05:01 AM
I can understand the reasoning. But I would think that sort of mechanism would not be necessary in a game like this. If I don't move at all, then my opponent would simply come and quickly beat me, earning an easy W. While I won't let it happen in the future, I think it's worth reviewing if it hurts rather than helps the game. Thanks for the quick reply though!