PDA

View Full Version : Farewell

OneRedVeil
09-01-2017, 02:58 PM
I wanted to say goodbye to everyone,
After trying the new tournament I decided to quit for honor and even deinstall Uplay, because I decided that I will never buy a game from Ubisoft again.
Here are my main reasons:
-Random rewards on tournaments.
-Stupid 50/50 spams as soon as someone loses (most Wardens), and nothing is getting changed.
-Turtle centurions who only wait to parry one light and give you the full (at least) half life punishment.
-Unbelievable long times for balancepatches who don't even really balance anything.
-No real buffs for classes who would need it (yes I played mainly Kensei, and he is in an terrible state right now).

I don't want to go any deeper, and this is only partly a rant.
Mostly i want to inform the Developers about why I quit with this game, and probably also a lot of other players.
I would even go as far to say that nearly everyone knows these issues, and still nothing is done

Farewell everyone, it was a nice time with some of you (50/50 chance like the wardens vortex, because everyone is full of salt).

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Warden Vortex is not a 50/50 anymore for a looong time. That is a L2P issue, sorry mate.

Warden is close to you? He starts to charge? Instantly hit your Light attack, it will knock him out of charge.
Warden is out of weapon reach and starts to charge? He cannot transition into GB after a few steps, so be patient and dodge.
Warden is far away and fully charges his SB? Ah well, easy dodge, easy free GB.

Specialkha
09-01-2017, 03:35 PM
Still, he got a few good point.

Lyskir
09-01-2017, 03:39 PM
I wanted to say goodbye to everyone,
After trying the new tournament I decided to quit for honor and even deinstall Uplay, because I decided that I will never buy a game from Ubisoft again.
Here are my main reasons:
-Random rewards on tournaments.
-Stupid 50/50 spams as soon as someone loses (most Wardens), and nothing is getting changed.
-Turtle centurions who only wait to parry one light and give you the full (at least) half life punishment.
-Unbelievable long times for balancepatches who don't even really balance anything.
-No real buffs for classes who would need it (yes I played mainly Kensei, and he is in an terrible state right now).

I don't want to go any deeper, and this is only partly a rant.
Mostly i want to inform the Developers about why I quit with this game, and probably also a lot of other players.
I would even go as far to say that nearly everyone knows these issues, and still nothing is done

Farewell everyone, it was a nice time with some of you (50/50 chance like the wardens vortex, because everyone is full of salt).

i agree with that

CandleInTheDark
09-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Still, he got a few good point.

Except not really. The only real valid one is random rewards on tournaments, which yes people have said and Noty last night said she would pass on to the devs. Thing is this tournament is in beta, there were always going to be little things that either slipped the net in termsof bugs or no one thought hey wait this is an idea, this is exactly why they said they want feedback. Come to that do you know how many companies have such an online presence? We have Noty or Jurassic here every day, Eric is on Reddit every day, we get more feedback across than most places allow for, we get questions answered on a weekly livestream and things we say do directly affect the game.Are they perfect? No. Is the game? No, but they get better every day.

As was said by another, the move in question isn't really a 50/50 any more,this is something else that the community talked about and the devs balanced. It used to be that that 50/50 was reactable on the warden's part, now you actually do have a true chance of making the right move if you read your opponent. That is a learn to play issue.

They are dealing with parry rewards, they had one alternative build on a test server and they will be doing others until they have something that pleases as many as they can without breaking the game since the feedback on the last one was so polarising. Turtling is not just a centurion thing, by the by,it is just the Cool Kid Thing (tm) to mention the centurion as the source of all evil. Personally I have never had any centurion land that punishment on me, if there are people at high level that can do it constantly, they have a grasp on timing that most people coming in do not. It always amazes me how the argument shifts, people point out that centurions die and that they don't win tournaments and the argument goes from they are overpowered to they are not someone's subjective idea of fun.Oh, by the way, the devs addressed this yesterday and yes it is something they are looking at, but they are not just going to nerf him into the ground because the more vocal members of the community,most of whom I would bet have never practised against the Centurion or pulled off any of his moves against bots to learn the tells themselves, claim they speak for everyone and demand it.

In terms of balance patches, the devs have said that yes they have slowed down a little, the people who work on balance patches? They are working on the defensive fight meta patches that people have been going on about, they are also working on the next DLC heroes to make sure they are not in a broken state when they drop, and they still are doing balance patches over time. This isn't just change a few numbers and flip a switch, all of this takes testing and time.

Kensei was mentioned specifically on the last den as someone they are looking at, in fact they are looking at the samurai as a whole. And you really want to say they are not buffing characters? Lawbringer (only people started raging op), Kensei (ok maybe needs another one) Raider (again, everyone started raging op), personally I think the orochi is more affected by the defensive meta since he is a counter attacker with burst damage, meta fixes will indirectly buff him if people then decide they are going to use his full kit. The only one you could really argue is conqueror and they discussed that on the Den yesterday as well, that this is not change some numbers, he needs a pretty deep reworlk.

DeLatv
09-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Please explain how vortex is not 50/50 any more? I still get GB when i try to dodge it... Like thats rediculus, its 100% still vortex.