PDA

View Full Version : Duel/Brawl only giving me level 3 bots as a noob. WTF?

Peg_Knight
09-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Ever since I've been rep 0 whenever I do Duel vs. AI or Brawl with someone that just got the game with me vs. AI we ONLY face level 3 bots. No matter what. What is the deal? I'm rep 2 now and she's rep 0 still, same thing happening. In the 4 player modes we get level 1/2 bots as expected of our noob status. I just want to understand what's going on.

Thanks.

Lyskir
09-01-2017, 02:17 PM
im Rep 48 and i only get lvl 2 bots, i would love to get lvl 3 :(

Peg_Knight
09-01-2017, 02:21 PM
So you're a rep 48 getting level 2 bots in Brawl/Duel but I'm a rep 2 and she's a rep 0 getting level 3 bots. What the hell happened internally to make that happen? So strange.

AnEnticingSquid
09-01-2017, 03:15 PM
So you're a rep 48 getting level 2 bots in Brawl/Duel but I'm a rep 2 and she's a rep 0 getting level 3 bots. What the hell happened internally to make that happen? So strange.

I guess your top tier man... I'm Rep 39 and I never get lvl3 bots... I wish I would.

Peg_Knight
09-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Update: after PvPing in Duel/Brawls for around an hour and going back to vs. AI I'm now facing level 1-2 AI instead of 3 every single time. Something... worked?

RatedChaotic
09-01-2017, 04:29 PM
I guess your top tier man... I'm Rep 39 and I never get lvl3 bots... I wish I would.

Same...The bots levels should be based on all your matches.....Not just the pvp mmr.

RatedChaotic
09-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Update: after PvPing in Duel/Brawls for around an hour and going back to vs. AI I'm now facing level 1-2 AI instead of 3 every single time. Something... worked?

Its based off your PVP MMR. If you won 5 pvp matches in a row and leave and go back to AI they will be higher. After that If you go back in pvp and lose once they drop back down. Its dumb and broken af.

When players were complaining about bots in their pvp 4v4 games. Its why they never seen 3s. The MMRs of every player in there? No Wonder they never saw one. Its not like all of them that was in that game were top tier players...Hence why they didnt see 3s.

Malyngo
09-10-2017, 12:16 PM
I really hope they will fix this, and make the MMR also change when fighting bots. I just did a Duel Order, first tried to do some against players, but the matchmaker took forever to find something, and then just was stuck at the "Joining Session" screen forever. So in Duels, I am stuck with AI.

Also, I hope they will add some more difficulty steps for the bots. Level 2 is totally okay for me, I can win against them 90% of the time. So, basically, too easy.
Level 3 looks different. In the 7 duels I did, I lost every single one of them. There were close ones, I do not complain about those. But then there also were ones where the bot wiped the floor with me.

This is not how matches against bots should work. You should be able to consistently win at least a few. Let's say 20-25%. Bots need more diversity.

Also, they should cut out this emote spam in the end. This is ridicolous. The animations don't even are smooth anymore because the transitions do not work that fast (this is especially the case for the fat Samurai).

A tad more time for rating a match would also be appreciated. I like to rate matches (although basically what I am doing is rate the matchmaker with this). To give 5 stars, I often don't really have the time. I rate with the game pad. Hm, maybe it does work to rate by pressing num buttons on the keyboard? Haven't tried that yet.

UbiNoty
09-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Ever since I've been rep 0 whenever I do Duel vs. AI or Brawl with someone that just got the game with me vs. AI we ONLY face level 3 bots. No matter what. What is the deal? I'm rep 2 now and she's rep 0 still, same thing happening. In the 4 player modes we get level 1/2 bots as expected of our noob status. I just want to understand what's going on.

Thanks.

That's very...strange and I'll alert the team and have them look into it. Bot level in PvAI is based off of your PvP rating (it's kind of a rough way to estimate what level bots we should put you against), but seeing as you are only at a very low rep it seems unlikely you would have been able to rack up enough PvP skill rating to warrant level 3 bots in PvAI.

Can you send in a ticket to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) about this, and I'll be mentioning it to the team on my end too!

CW_Wolfe
09-23-2017, 06:24 PM
I only started For Honor just 2 days and I now face this issue as well.

Suddenly the BOT level is 3 for Duel vs AI in multiplayer. Omg.

Can anyone help?

UbiNoty
09-23-2017, 11:39 PM
I only started For Honor just 2 days and I now face this issue as well.

Suddenly the BOT level is 3 for Duel vs AI in multiplayer. Omg.

Can anyone help?

I've brought up the issue with the PvP and PvAI bot level interaction for beginner players up with the team.
For now, it seems losing a few matches in PvP should lower their level a bit. Not ideal, I know. But that may be your best bet until we can work out the bot level matching process!

CW_Wolfe
09-24-2017, 01:46 AM
Unfortunately, losing does not help either.

I have already lost more Duels than I have played in total prior to encountering Bot Level 3.

Multiplayer vs AI is now totally unplayable for me.

Just Day 3 after buying this game and Iím stuck. Totally unacceptable.

The_B0G_
09-24-2017, 01:48 AM
You would think bot level would be an option you could pick before a match. Let people decide, it's the easiest way.

CW_Wolfe
09-24-2017, 02:32 AM
The match making feature is the root cause.

With PVP giving a bad matchup and now PVE is stuck in Bot Level 3. Multiplayer is totally screwed.

Suggest to disable Bot Level 3 for the interim as a hot fix to buy time for a proper match making patch.

The longer this drags the more players will be lost, potentially killing the game, and giving UbiSoft branding a bad name.

SwellChemosabe
09-24-2017, 03:20 AM
The match making feature is the root cause.

With PVP giving a bad matchup and now PVE is stuck in Bot Level 3. Multiplayer is totally screwed.

Suggest to disable Bot Level 3 for the interim as a hot fix to buy time for a proper match making patch.

The longer this drags the more players will be lost, potentially killing the game, and giving UbiSoft branding a bad name.

well a temporary solution i'd suggest is getting into a custom match and practicing with the hero of your choice until you find that you're good enough to actually take on and win against a level 3 bot consistently then practice against different level 3 bots so you can get a good feel for it. Keep in mind too that lvl 3 bots are better than most average players, especially after they revamped the bots skill, so there's really now way it could go wrong.

sure it might be boring but it's good practice. I regularly take new heros i'm going to start working on, or even heroes I already main just for a good refresher, and just practice against 1-4 lvl 3 bots solo. Also helps training against a gank fest.

Malyngo
09-24-2017, 09:32 AM
But you really have to be very dedicated to do this.
This is a game, and a game should be fun. Doing what you suggest is more like work.

What I see as the big issue here is that the game is punishing more casual gamers here.
Those that have a hard time in PVP, and would probably like to have a more relaxed learning curve. And that is not happening with Bots Lvl 3.

UnhappyLawbro
09-25-2017, 12:28 AM
WTF??? I've been begging for lvl 3 bots for months and I only ever see lvl 2 in games. This is so messed up. It's like they deprive what we want and give it to those who don't want it.

It's really stupid that the game sets the AI level based on your pvp performance. Even lvl 3 bots are pretty bad once you fought and won against many players. I have a pvp K/D of 2.4 yet the game somehow deems you not worthy enough to fight them....I don't think I can get a significantly higher k/d so that means I will never fight lvl 3 bots?? Ridiculous.

CW_Wolfe
09-25-2017, 10:28 AM
Multuplayer still stuck with BOT level 3 and I am still at Rep 0.

Once I complete Story Mode - if Multiplayer BOT level still remains at 3 - I shall call it quits.

DrinkinMyStella
09-25-2017, 10:35 AM
I only get bot level 1, wish I had higher bots to play against.

UnhappyLawbro
09-25-2017, 03:55 PM
BTW, if you play with players or with AIs with matchmaking ON, the bot levels are determined by other players' mmr, so there's not much you can do about that. But if you play only against AIs with matchmaking off, then it should be your mmr that determines what lvl bots you see.

So to not fight lvl 3 bots, you only need to bring down your mmr by losing a few fights. Can you show us your k/d ration and win/lose rate? That will probably give people an idea at what point you only see level 3 bots.

Malyngo
09-26-2017, 09:43 PM
I have a pvp K/D of 2.4 yet the game somehow deems you not worthy enough to fight them....I don't think I can get a significantly higher k/d so that means I will never fight lvl 3 bots?? Ridiculous.

This suggests that it is not tied to the K/D ratio. Mine is lower than 1, and I get Level 3 bots.
My win/lose ratio also doesn't look that swell.Not even quite 50%.So I don't know on what they base it on.To me that kinda smells like there is a bug around there.

Smuggler007
09-27-2017, 06:18 PM
It would help to know which platforms are affected by this bot 3 vs new player.

What I have noticed is how the bots on your side tend to die and help the enemy bots more often several times in a row as if someone wants to nudge you to play PvP instead. You devs do realize how perception can do so much harm than actual truth?

I'm on Xbox btw.

UbiNoty
09-27-2017, 11:50 PM
It would help to know which platforms are affected by this bot 3 vs new player.

What I have noticed is how the bots on your side tend to die and help the enemy bots more often several times in a row as if someone wants to nudge you to play PvP instead. You devs do realize how perception can do so much harm than actual truth?

I'm on Xbox btw.

At the moment we're still investigating the scope of the problem, so if you're having this problem please report (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) it to us! It'll help us get this fixed faster!

GreaseMonkey3
12-03-2017, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=UbiNoty;12914441]That's very...strange and I'll alert the team and have them look into it. Bot level in PvAI is based off of your PvP rating (it's kind of a rough way to estimate what level bots we should put you against), but seeing as you are only at a very low rep it seems unlikely you would have been able to rack up enough PvP skill rating to warrant level 3 bots in PvAI.

Iím in the same boat. I played a while back for a minute then I just bought the game disc and started playing this weekend. Iím having a difficult time trying to duel against level 2 and 3 bots when I just made it to Rep 1 on Orochi and have an overall Rep of 1. Iím getting frustrated trying to complete the orders for steel to gear up. Also, why canít I duel against a friend and have it count as ranked? You donít get anything for that. I'm the kind of person who completes a game 100% if I like it. I like this game but it doesnít seem feasible to me to except to get 100% completion when I canít even complete daily orders. 🤨

bob333e
12-03-2017, 09:19 PM
I’m in the same boat. I played a while back for a minute then I just bought the game disc and started playing this weekend. I’m having a difficult time trying to duel against level 2 and 3 bots when I just made it to Rep 1 on Orochi and have an overall Rep of 1. I’m getting frustrated trying to complete the orders for steel to gear up. Also, why can’t I duel against a friend and have it count as ranked? You don’t get anything for that. I'm the kind of person who completes a game 100% if I like it. I like this game but it doesn’t seem feasible to me to except to get 100% completion when I can’t even complete daily orders.

There is another, more recent thread discussing bot difficulty implementation and that the devs should allow manual bot difficulty selection in PvAI while matchmaking is set to off. It'll make things a lot easier for a lot of people.

Custom Match yields no XP, loot or Steel because it's outside the Multiplayer menu and because in Custom Match you can control several parameters that otherwise wouldn't make sense to be rewarded for them. Custom Match is either for training with friends or training against bots, basically. Without worrying about K/D ratio and all that.

for Ranked Duels, you'd want to seek Ranked Duel Tournaments, in which case you play solo, you cannot co-op that with a friend. if you wish to co-op in Ranked, your best bet is Ranked Dominion.

JediGamerFurius
12-03-2017, 09:44 PM
Yes, they should allow people to choose the bots on multiplayer solo matches this next patch. Come on I want a full team lvl 3 bots and farm my orders with it. There are a lot of people whos loosing temper against lvl 3 bots, and I'm here wishing for them and no matter how much pvp I do, the bots remain the same. Got 3 lvls 2 and one lvl 3. Let people choose for God sake, your balance system failed hard on guessing people's skills.