PDA

View Full Version : Ranked should be removed!

Metastopholis
09-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Hello all

So i decided to try out the ranked mode and well it was exactly what i thought it was going to be....a mess. The turtle meta is still strong due to the changes not being implemented yet, i had 1 person unlock tech me and when i finally did win a game i got a reward for a hero that is not my main lol.

All of this brings to mind one video i watched about a week ago that pretty much predicted this whole mess. The guy said the game is not ready for ranked mode and that ranked mode needed a lot more time before being released...and he even said that ubisoft would not care and rush it out the door anyway, and as a result players would play it...see how **** it is, get pissed and not play it and the mode will die. So far the mode is now at low population and rightfully so everyone is pissed.

ill link the video for you all to check out because this guy nailed this whole mess 100%. the part about the tournament mode starts at 7:07 mins.
The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TzLguFi87A

Ubinoty please for the love of god watch this video and pass it off to the devs...you need to start listening to people like this guy, if you don't fix whats broken before adding in more stuff then this game is going to die.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 09:48 AM
2 tournaments yesterday, faced only one guy using unlock tech. One guy was a turtle. So out of my 10 (or 11, dont know) matches I had 2 "annoying" Duels. But even those were intense, I beat the turtle and lost close (3:2) to the unloch tech guy.

Defensive Meta will be addressed. Tournament is "Beta". "The 2 most powerful warriors are patience and time." Leo Tolstoy

Metastopholis
09-01-2017, 10:02 AM
Sigh you can keep defending this mess all you want but no one is buying it anymore man.

People like you need to learn you can criticise something that is bad without hating on the whole product....the current implementation of the ranked mode is bad and should be taken out and fixed before being put in. the more you defend clear ******** the faster the game dies.

Knight_Raime
09-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Sigh you can keep defending this mess all you want but no one is buying it anymore man.

People like you need to learn you can criticise something that is bad without hating on the whole product....the current implementation of the ranked mode is bad and should be taken out and fixed before being put in. the more you defend clear ******** the faster the game dies.

"those" people can go. Just as soon as "people" like you can realize that just because someone has a different opinion than you that doesn't mean they are defending every little thing about the game and it can't do anything wrong. Charmzzz merely posted their experience. you posted yours.

As they pointed out it's in beta and they are looking for our feedback on how to improve it. Defensive meta while it impacts the tournaments has nothing to do with how the tournament works. It doesn't answer questions the devs would have like:
~did you feel matches were found quickly enough?
~was the connection quality suffering at all?
~how do you feel about the point system?

etc.

Metastopholis
09-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Knight raime i know you love the game and i know you defend it on the regular.
But they already had 2 test phases and in both everyone said that the ranked mode is not ready....and yet they pushed it out to the live version anyway.

They can slap what ever beta terms they want on it but end of the day its in the core player bases hands and at that point its no longer a beta, its released. of course they can asked for feedback on a released feature to improve it, but they should have never put it in the game in this state and that is not a opinion that is a fact.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Ah Ok, so you just want to vent. Go ahead, rant about all those things you don't like. I am a "positive" person in comparison. I enjoy the game, don't care about some bugs because, as a Software Developer, I know that complex software WILL HAVE them for sure. As for tournament mode, you keep telling that it "is not ready". True, that is why they said it is "Beta" Status tournament. Who cares?

I enjoyed my tournaments so far. Even though I have faced one unlock tech guy and a turtle in them. I even won vs. the turtle - one of the most intense duels I ever had. Where is your problem with that? The unlock tech guy got me to 0:2 - then I realized which attacks he unlocks - went 2:2 - lost really close in the end. Intense match, even though I got salty about him using that tech. It is legit atm. I calm down, think "ok he has to use it to win", went ahead and won the tournament in the end.

That is why I am playing For Honor - intense matches. If there is someone abusing glitches and stuff, ok, I will try to find a workaround to beat him. And when I do I feel reaaally good cause I just pwned that "cheater".

I didn't know, before I won a tournament, that there is a random ornament waiting. Ok, would be nice if I get it for my most played character in that tournament maybe or choose it, but I really don't care about fancy shiny stuff anymore. I care about gameplay and intense fights.

Metastopholis
09-01-2017, 11:09 AM
It has nothing to do about venting :).

The fact of the matter is that they are killing their game because they continue to rush things out. Instead of fixing the majority of the issues they have in the game they are adding more and more features which are causing more issues. Im a manager at my job and i run and entire venue, And when a issues comes up and something is majorly broken, i put everything on hold and move extra people/resources over to fix that problem and once it is fixed i then move people back to their previous jobs.

The main issues here is the fact that the game has major issues that have been here since day 1 and yes they are working on them but that does not matter when they are constantly adding more features, which come with more bugs and issues to the pile. They need to seriously scale back on all other future features and focus their resources and manpower on fixing all know bugs and issues currently in the game, then once they have fixed the current game, they should then focus/spread out their resources and manpower to the new features.

I know you love the game and i know you work in the industry and i know you are having a good time and wish to defend the company. But the majority of players that are left are not happy with the current state of the game, they are not happy with the fact that day 1 issues are still in the game and they are not happy that a feature they have waited for since day one has been implemented in such a poor way even though a TON of feedback was given.

And once again as soon as a product is in the live player bases hands it is not longer a beta it is released, a beta is to test a game/feature before the core live player base gets their hands on it...you can no release something to the live version of the game and slap a beta tag on it, that is just a excuse to try and hide the fact they know its not ready.

Charmzzz
09-01-2017, 11:46 AM
But the majority of players that are left are not happy with the current state of the game, they are not happy with the fact that day 1 issues are still in the game and they are not happy that a feature they have waited for since day one has been implemented in such a poor way even though a TON of feedback was given.

Any evidence on that? The majority of players who are playing is not happy? Why do they continue playing then? It is like in every games forum in history, people that post stuff mostly do it to complain about something.

Throwing people who are into "matchmaking" at the "game mechanics problem" won't accelerate the project in most cases. The people who implemented the tournament mode are probably not into game mechanics at all. It is like throwing database admins at an active directory project, it just does not work like this...