PDA

View Full Version : Highlander Legendary Armor

rastassin
08-28-2017, 11:28 AM
What a pity that Highlander high rep legendary gear looks like almost the same like low level ones nothing cool :S ofc except weapons and different heads that looks awesome

Lyskir
08-28-2017, 04:14 PM
agree

all the "new" armor skins are extremely disapointing

S0Mi_xD
08-28-2017, 06:11 PM
What a pity that Highlander high rep legendary gear looks like almost the same like low level ones nothing cool :S ofc except weapons and different heads that looks awesome

highlander isn't the only one - all heroes do get the same sh-it with some stripes or spikes

Mythic MK II
08-28-2017, 07:57 PM
SiMi: Idk man, the new stuff for Lawbringer is pretty darn awesome, even if it is only small aadditions.
What I find dissapointing the most about HL gear is that the higher his gear quality, the smaller his cape/sash/cloak gets. it just looks so weird. IMO, the best looking armor for HL is his base chest. the only things that are all good are his weapons and some aarms and certain helms/faces.

But it isn't even that, the most dissapointing part about customising HL is his colour pallets on attack and defense. they are all blue and red on the kilt, or some variaton of those colour, but always BRIGHT as f----. I hate it.

There are no atacks/defender colour which makes his kilt black or white, or some other more saturated colour. Hell, my LB can be fully black on his cloth parts
IMO, you don't even need the colour distinction to identify who is what team, it is pretty easy when you check your map/their name with icon.

Franleonhart
08-28-2017, 08:01 PM
maybe one class gear is ok, but theres much more classes that dont share that unfortunately, the warden new gear is again a lazy reskin of all his previous armors, ubisoft said there will be new original concepts, again lies, i dont even know how they lie like that and still sleep at night.

and dont even get me started with the weapons all pure (golden) garbage.

watsonclan335u
08-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Remember that this is a French company and be glad that the highest level colours aren't white like their flag...

Specialkha
08-30-2017, 09:56 PM
Remember that this is a French company and be glad that the highest level colours aren't white like their flag...

French flag is Blue White Red. I do not know where that "joke" comes from, if we can call that like that.

watsonclan335u
08-30-2017, 10:53 PM
French flag is Blue White Red. I do not know where that "joke" comes from, if we can call that like that.

French only ever seem to fly the white flag that I know of? Not sure but you should check your sources....

Tundra 793
08-30-2017, 11:01 PM

I think It's an American thing. At least, that's where I most often hear the "France sucks and always loses wars" jokes.
The French flag was only white for 15 years in the early 1800s.

UbiNoty
08-30-2017, 11:29 PM

I'm glad you at least like the weapon skins. I can pass the feedback along to the team about his armor though.
We have been pretty open with the limitations we face when creating new armor sets as opposed to weapons, and it's extra difficult to create new visuals for heroes like highlander and nobushi (it just doesn't look as good to add more spikes to cloth...)

But! We are aware of this complaint and we're trying work out a way to make it so we can deliver better armor aesthetics in the future.

CandleInTheDark
08-30-2017, 11:36 PM
I'm glad you at least like the weapon skins. I can pass the feedback along to the team about his armor though.
We have been pretty open with the limitations we face when creating new armor sets as opposed to weapons, and it's extra difficult to create new visuals for heroes like highlander and nobushi (it just doesn't look as good to add more spikes to cloth...)

I am pretty sure my nobushi (rare gear right now but en route to rep 6) is of the opinion that spikes wouldn't go with her Hazuki set >.>

Specialkha
08-31-2017, 07:11 AM
I think It's an American thing. At least, that's where I most often hear the "France sucks and always loses wars" jokes.
The French flag was only white for 15 years in the early 1800s.

Ah you mean the country that would not exist without the help of France?

SwellChemosabe
08-31-2017, 09:09 AM
Ah you mean the country that would not exist without the help of France?

Nobody is arguing facts of history, jokes about other countries, including stereotypes are common and shouldn't be taken seriously. It's like how everyone says Americans are fat racists, and how the Russians are alcoholic homophobes, how the French are snobby cowards and the Japanese eat dogs and cats. Don't be surprised when you see these.

But yeah, I can pretty much attest to one thing: Even though I'm pretty sure no one I've ever known holds any grudges against any culture around the world, for some reason the French get **** on almost exclusively in the gaming community here in America. It's pretty funny when I'm in a game of siege and when everyone finds out the one guy on our team is French they all go out of their way to TK him. Vice versa too, I've been in matches on different games where I'm the only American and I get **** on excessively. Never hurts my feelings though, **** like that always makes me laugh.

Herbstlicht
08-31-2017, 12:11 PM
Hmm, actually like the starting Highlander armor the most. It looks fierce and untamed. The later armora are weird. The capes are getting smaller. So do the pelts.

Guess there is still hella lot you could do with this guy. I mean now that he fights with the Vikings, you can go for an even more vikingish outfit. Of course, could add some boring spike variations too. Good thing though is that at least I found a nice look to go with. Can't say the same for my Kensei yet.

Claudius_Katt
08-31-2017, 03:45 PM
I know with gladiator you can get all his armour from epic tier onwards because he has no unique legendary sets,
Now I could be mistaken here but I didnt think Highlander had any legendary armours yet either and that his highest unique sets at the moment were also just the epic ones,
I was sure they said in the devstream back when they were released they'd only be getting some legendary weapons to begin with and their legendary armors would be released in in a later patch.