PDA

View Full Version : Scripted non-dedicated AEP and FBDaemon - does it work?

zjulik
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
When running the excellent FBDaemon script with AEP, pilot count works, but not plane count. The starting number of planes is not reduced at kill.

My question here is if any of you are running FBD and AEP together with success.

I may add that install has been done according to instructions (including replacing the netmessages file). A request at the FBD forum gave immediate response but not a solving answer.

<hr>
If you wait until the last minute to do something, it will only take a minute to do it!

zjulik
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
When running the excellent FBDaemon script with AEP, pilot count works, but not plane count. The starting number of planes is not reduced at kill.

My question here is if any of you are running FBD and AEP together with success.

I may add that install has been done according to instructions (including replacing the netmessages file). A request at the FBD forum gave immediate response but not a solving answer.

&lt;hr&gt;
If you wait until the last minute to do something, it will only take a minute to do it!

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
04-19-2004, 03:00 PM
Have not done much testing with AEP and FBD as it really is only intended to run with a dedicated server set up. How ever I hear rumours of a dedicated server for AEP some time so my advice would be to wait for that. I have a sneaking suspicion that AEP probably reports plane kills in a different manner and this may be why you are not geting plane kills registering with fbd. I sure if a fix arrives you will hear it first at the FBD forum http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

zjulik
04-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Yeahy - found the problem - kill messages was disabled in IL2 Manager. However!! We don`t want those messages displayed, but we want FBD to get them!!! How??

&lt;hr&gt;

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
No experiance of Il2 manager here but I think the only solution is to minimise/shrink the chat window so the messages are not visable. As far as I know FBD has to receive these messages in order to function. Sammie may be able to help you but I suspect you will have to compromise for now.

xTHRUDx
04-19-2004, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zjulik:

&lt;hr&gt;
If you wait until the last minute to do something, it will only take a minute to do it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

head over to the http://greatergreen.com forums for some good FBD tech support.