PDA

View Full Version : Real life Abstergo confirmed? :O

SixKeys
08-26-2017, 10:42 AM
I found this site and I'm slightly creeped out:

https://www.helix.com/

"Learn your story through your ancestry.

Discover ancient origins going back as far as hundreds of thousands of years, and learn how much of a Neanderthal you really are."

"How it works

Getting your DNA sequenced is just the first step into the world of DNA learning. With Helix, your genetic information is right at your fingertips and ready to be explored with each new product.

01 Order

Order a product and Helix sends you a DNA collection kit to collect a small saliva sample from you, which takes just a few minutes. Helix’s world-class laboratory then uses the most advanced technology to read your DNA—all from that one sample (amazing, right?).

02 Get sequenced

We read your DNA using true next-generation sequencing, which unlocks 100X more data than other companies. Where they do single tests, we assemble, store, and protect your genetic data so you can access and share it with any partner of your choosing without ever having to provide another saliva sample.

03 Gain insights

Through Helix, you can explore a variety of DNA-powered products that help you discover more about yourself and make better-informed decisions about your life. From the profound to the just-for-fun, there’s a lot to learn about yourself through your DNA."

Hope you all have your blood cubes ready...

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/a/a3/ACI_Blood_vial.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20131220175246

Sorrosyss
08-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Haha... wow. I was looking through in case it was some Ubisoft themed site out of fun.... but yeah... it seems legit.

Someone sign up for us. For science.

Master Tarvos
08-26-2017, 04:52 PM
I know that Ancestry .com is doing the same kind of thing, collect a "sample" then send you a breakdown of where you are from based on your DNA. I have also seen a few other companies that are doing home genetic testing (same idea, order kit, give sample, mail back to get results for whatever reason.)

Black_Widow9
08-26-2017, 11:20 PM
Well, that's creepy.

cawatrooper9
08-29-2017, 09:53 PM
Hmmmm... perhaps Ubisoft is getting into some viral marketing? :p

Time to go down this rabbit hole.

Though to be honest, you only need to give me bottomless chips and queso to learn "how much of a neanderthal" I really am. :p

LeoKRogue
09-01-2017, 07:55 AM
Though to be honest, you only need to give me bottomless chips and queso to learn "how much of a neanderthal" I really am. :p

I'm laughing so hard right now; I work at a burrito place and I haven't LMAO'd this damn hard at 3:00 AM in the morning for a very long time. +1