PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Nerfs

PolishRifle81
08-25-2017, 08:12 PM
Have the nerfs to centurion gone live yet??

Lyskir
08-25-2017, 08:19 PM
next week on thursday with the live update

SenBotsu893
08-25-2017, 08:58 PM
not much of a nerf though. just increased feint stamina cost. why not just simply reducing his stamina pool to the level of the other fighters?

XJadeDragoonX
08-25-2017, 09:04 PM
I think a more effective need would be to need how much stamina his takes from his opponents

Sneaky-Patches
08-25-2017, 09:13 PM
Why do heroes like shinobi run out of stamina halfway through a perfect mixup, yet hold-R2-to-win Cent gets enough stam to kill three people or more outright? This won't even affect him...

Lyskir
08-25-2017, 09:14 PM
Why do heroes like shinobi run out of stamina halfway through a perfect mixup, yet hold-R2-to-win Cent gets enough stam to kill three people or more outright? This won't even affect him...

kinda true

S0Mi_xD
08-25-2017, 10:22 PM

Because Centurion is the beloved treasure of a certain person, that's how easy it is...

We.the.North
08-25-2017, 11:31 PM
Until they nerf both the hour long uninterruptible cutscene stunlock and the 100%-0% (with Haymaker unlocked) wallsplat punish combo on anyone other than Lawbringer, no nerf is going to be enough on the Centurion.

On the Warrior's Den, they said Centurion is going to run out of stamina after 7 feints instead of 14 now. Surely this will drastically change how people are playing the Centurion.

Mean while in Shinobi Exhaustion land .....

Sneaky-Patches
08-25-2017, 11:32 PM
https://i.redd.it/lq7hcfdvaxgz.png

SwellChemosabe
08-25-2017, 11:40 PM
Until they nerf both the hour long uninterruptible cutscene stunlock and the 100%-0% (with Haymaker unlocked) wallsplat punish combo on anyone other than Lawbringer, no nerf is going to be enough on the Centurion.

On the Warrior's Den, they said Centurion is going to run out of stamina after 7 feints instead of 14 now. Surely this will drastically change how people are playing the Centurion.

Mean while in Shinobi Exhaustion land .....

You ****ing serious? I can barely get 4 or 5 out with my orochi or berserker before they're completely drained. That's definitely not enough.

Netcode_err_404
08-26-2017, 12:13 AM
That nerf will surely be the shelter of the cent mains during the future discussions about him.

They will be like " Centis fine it got nerfed last patch".

Like warlords main are doing right now.

Will be a pity excuse.

Meanwhile he has more disabling power than LB, valkyre combined.

SenBotsu893
08-26-2017, 12:15 AM
its as if they specifically searched for something to nerf that wont effect centurion at all.
it would be such a simple solution to just reduce his 160 stamina pool to the regular 120... but hey what do i know...

UbiNoty
08-26-2017, 12:17 AM
We'll still continue to look to make further balance changes even once these have gone out. We'd like to first get some feedback and data on the changes we're introducing to centurion next week before we make any decisions on more changes to him.

Netcode_err_404
08-26-2017, 12:21 AM
We'll still continue to look to make further balance changes even once these have gone out. We'd like to first get some feedback and data on the changes we're introducing to centurion next week before we make any decisions on more changes to him.

Thats the most idiotic excuse i've ever heard, but I understand that you was told to say so.

Fixing cent is easy.

- Reduce greatly his stamina dmg with the kneeing after parry. And remove the fact that it can directly stun in the wall.

-Reduce the wall combo damage.

- Reduce his stamina, bringing it at raiders lvl or slightly above

- increse slighlty the speed of his heavies

Vordred
08-26-2017, 12:29 AM

same old, same old.

the cent has been around for 3 months, still the most hated and fun killing class in the game, and it's always the same old excuse, we need more data.

Kelson27
08-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Yeah... So far the centurion and the warden are the only two I really come across that seem to "abuse" a fight... I'm not really a centurion player but maybe if he can do that much stamina drain on someone then his damage should be lowered a bunch, and vice versa, his damaging hits aren't draining stamina. Can't stand that damn knockdown to leaping attack and your basically done. Didn't he just exert the hell out of himself? I love that there's a to and fro for most fights but these are a drag to play when abused.

SenBotsu893
08-26-2017, 01:02 AM

thats a typo right?

"decrease" is what you wanted to write i gues. you dont want them to be as fast as pk light spam

We.the.North
08-26-2017, 02:15 AM
"Increasing" the speed from 600 ms to 700 ms would actualy "slow the attack".

Pretty sure increasing the ### of ms is what he meant.

Butonfly
08-26-2017, 02:16 AM

What's strange is the fact Feint's arent something Centurion's use much (if at all) currently. So why would nerfing feint stamina consumption effect anything players have been experiencing and reporting on?

If this premise is true, you've made no practical alteration and changes are still required.

Mia.Nora
08-26-2017, 02:42 AM
Practically, in a mountain of problems they managed to find the one thing that is completely pointless to nerf.

So that's why we needed to wait 3 months of data gathering, it couldn't have been easy to find the only pointless nerf.

Netcode_err_404
08-26-2017, 04:33 AM
"Increasing" the speed from 600 ms to 700 ms would actualy "slow the attack".

Pretty sure increasing the ### of ms is what he meant.

This ofc.

700 would be perfect. Still almost as fast as some lights.

S0Mi_xD
08-26-2017, 08:13 AM
This ofc.

700 would be perfect. Still almost as fast as some lights.

There is no basic light attack that is 700 ms slow, only 500ms - 600 ms.
There are 2 or 3 light attacks IN CHAINS with the speed of 700 ms, but thats a different case, in chains most of the heroes have different dmg and speed so i don't count this.

Centurions Basic heavy is 600ms but his chain heavy is 500 ms :D ( similar to PKs light > light = 500ms > 400ms)
Cent Dmg 25 > 25
PK Dmg 17 >15

But because cent's attacks are heavies they to not interrupt on block, and do chip dmg (25*0,18= 4,5= 5 dmg)
Srsly Cent can be used similar to PK as an heavy spammer, only more devastating xD.
The first heavy is already not that easy to block for 50% of the playerbase and parry for 99%.
The second one is even harder to react to especially if you change directions ... and if you want you can throw out random jabs for some stamina dmg, wall punish or a safe light.
Or softfeint heavies into GBs

Herbstlicht
08-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Well, I am too all for a cent nerf - a heavy one at this. Nerf his stupid cutscene combo into oblivion, change his stamina. How you do it, up to you. I mean slowing down some stuff so it becomes reactable would be one way to do so. And once his stuff is no longer guaranteed and hard to get off, you can readjust some damage numbers so that he doesn't become underpowered. But with 500ms lights and a lot of other tools as well, he should be able to stay at mid tier rather easily.

Jarl.Felix
08-26-2017, 11:16 AM
I laugh so hard at this "nerfs" . Now we all can see what class is the devs favorite .. sweet.

Pain-Seeker
08-26-2017, 02:16 PM
The funny thing is they said they need to wait until season 3 (months) for cents nerf and now when they gave us this , a completly useless nerf they need more data so we will have to wait till season 4 to get another useless nerf

SpaceJim12
08-26-2017, 09:23 PM
Stamina will change nothing. Use stamina as mechanic of nerf, and let players make stamina almost endless with right gear. So Ubisoft....

SpaceJim12
08-26-2017, 09:25 PM
With Glad unstopable spam, I think devs just like Roman Empire.

S.J.Lannister
08-26-2017, 09:54 PM
Thats the most idiotic excuse i've ever heard, but I understand that you was told to say so.

Fixing cent is easy.

- Reduce greatly his stamina dmg with the kneeing after parry. And remove the fact that it can directly stun in the wall.

-Reduce the wall combo damage.

- Reduce his stamina, bringing it at raiders lvl or slightly above

He is right. How many Seasons do you need to open your eyes?

Error is right about changes. You should be able to gather data already to see this.