PDA

View Full Version : What arguing about the Centurion feels like :

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 03:09 PM
Centurion defenders claim (rightly so) he is fine in 1v1. They will give many examples and explanation about duels.

Centurion haters claim (rightly so) he is beyond broken in 4v4. They will give many examples and explanation about 4v4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJXvsCLu6s

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Centurion is good when he outnumbers his opponent. He's absolutely terrible when his opponents outnumber him.

Smeson
08-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Its alittle silly that he has so little hp and so much dmg though. Should be rearranged alittle. Otherwise yes he isnt OP in duels, but should require more than 1 screwup to not get 100-0 vs him and he shouldnt die as quick either.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Centurion is good when he outnumbers his opponent. He's absolutely terrible when his opponents outnumber him.

Oh really ?

Thats new, since it absolutely doesn't count for ALL classes.

Gakboi_HS
08-24-2017, 03:26 PM
IMO, Cent is balanced in a 1v1 but needs a bit of tweaking in 4v4.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:32 PM
Oh really ?

Thats new, since it absolutely doesn't count for ALL classes.

Most classes have useable zone attacks, more hp, quicker, higher damage off of wallsplats and knockdowns and better range.
His cutscene-tier combos are a complete liability in a 1vX scenario and trying to heavy a downed opponent will get him killed.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:36 PM
Most classes have useable zone attacks, more hp, quicker, higher damage off of wallsplats and knockdowns and better range.
His cutscene-tier combos are a complete liability in a 1vX scenario and trying to heavy a downed opponent will get him killed.

And ? in 1v2 or more, unless you are an assassin, you are pretty much dead. So your point is not only invalid, doesn't even exist.

Centurion 6 seconds hard stun without recovering animation during this cutscene is beyond broken, not even disablers cannot hard stun you that much, probably except shugo, but well his charge is dodged pretty much 90% of the times even offscreem, a charged jab offscreen is basicALLY A FREE RESPAWN.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:41 PM
And ? in 1v2 or more, unless you are an assassin, you are pretty much dead. So your point is not only invalid, doesn't even exist.

Centurion 6 seconds hard stun without recovering animation during this cutscene is beyond broken, not even disablers cannot hard stun you that much, probably except shugo, but well his charge is dodged pretty much 90% of the times even offscreem, a charged jab offscreen is basicALLY A FREE RESPAWN.

1vX is easy to survive with a lot of classes, and even preferable to fight in for some (I'm looking at you again, Nobushi).

But, let's assume you're right - if you're pretty much dead in a 1v2 or more situation, then why is Centurion's strength when ganking even relevant? The guy's pretty much dead anyway according to your logic.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:46 PM
1vX is easy to survive with a lot of classes, and even preferable to fight in for some (I'm looking at you again, Nobushi).

But, let's assume you're right - if you're pretty much dead in a 1v2 or more situation, then why is Centurion's strength when ganking even relevant? The guy's pretty much dead anyway according to your logic.

Its simple, jab has ton of tracking, if it comes offscreen is impossible to dodge and hard stuns you for 6 seconds. Cent is not even a disabler, and can disable ppl twice the time of a LB 1100 ms log arm.

One punch = death. 35 damage from the cent + all the damage you can take from the other one, if you survive, you do it with 2 bars MAX.

AT least vs other classes you can turtle up and waiting for some backup.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Its simple, jab has ton of tracking, if it comes offscreen is impossible to dodge and hard stuns you for 6 seconds. Cent is not even a disabler, and can disable ppl twice the time of a LB 1100 ms log arm.

One punch = death. 35 damage from the cent + all the damage you can take from the other one, if you survive, you do it with 2 bars MAX.

AT least vs other classes you can turtle up and waiting for some backup.

But you said you're dead in a 1v2 scenario anyway, so is dying a little bit faster really all you have to ***** about?
Also punch tracking isn't anything special. Anything that comes off screen is impossible to dodge on reaction. Also, he can't just throw it from offscreen since it has to be chained off of a heavy, so there's your warning.

Lawbringer can long**** you infinitely while his team mate kills you

Shugoki can bearhug you for more damage and exactly the same punishment from his team mates while he does it.

Raider and warlord can blindside you with an unblockable sprint attack.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:53 PM
But you said you're dead in a 1v2 scenario anyway, so is dying a little bit faster really all you have to ***** about?
Also punch tracking isn't anything special. Anything that comes off screen is impossible to dodge on reaction. Also, he can't just throw it from offscreen since it has to be chained off of a heavy, so there's your warning.

I also said that you are dead ifnobody comes to help you and if your opponents are not complete trash.

With some classes runing away is not an option, so, backup or die. I also said that is indeed possible to turtle up and gain extra time, turtling is not gonna work against a cent. All he need to do is a jab offscreem and free cutscene + free respawn.

The damage he gains on heavy + jab is insane, is almost twice most classes top heavies. with no way to break the stun.

Be honest with yourself.

If he is not gonna be nerfed I will just unlock him and start abusing him, so I'm not even mad.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 04:31 PM

Because Dominion is a TEAM game and you win the match not by winning many 1v1 around the map, but by creating a snowball effect of outnumber situations allowing you to capture and keep points.

Centurion ganks are so godly, it closes ganks within seconds and create a vastly superior snowball effect. No other character in the game has that. I know you dont play much Dominion, but trust me, when my team is against 2+ Centurion, any fights you'll get into will result of you being ganked because their snowball effect is that strong. There is a reason why at the beginning of season 2, a lot of youtubers were having fun with squads of 4 centurion terrorizing Dominion. It was that ******ed.

And the fact you think some characters have a higher wall punish than centurion is laughable. Name one that does more damage than the GIF in the other tread against that Lawbringer losing about 130 hp.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:33 PM

Lawbringer can long**** you infinitely while his team mate kills you

Shugoki can bearhug you for more damage and exactly the same punishment from his team mates while he does it.

Raider and warlord can blindside you with an unblockable sprint attack.

1) LB long arm is strange, if you take damage during it animation, you will land on your feet and the stun animation will be cancelled.

2) Shugoki is riski, he can be body blocked by his allies and lose health

3) Raider and WL are broken.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:36 PM
I also said that you are dead ifnobody comes to help you and if your opponents are not complete trash.

With some classes runing away is not an option, so, backup or die. I also said that is indeed possible to turtle up and gain extra time, turtling is not gonna work against a cent. All he need to do is a jab offscreem and free cutscene + free respawn.

The damage he gains on heavy + jab is insane, is almost twice most classes top heavies. with no way to break the stun.

Be honest with yourself.

If he is not gonna be nerfed I will just unlock him and start abusing him, so I'm not even mad.

The damage he gets on heavy+jab is 50 if you took haymaker and they don't dodge the jab and you follow it up with a light. The only classes who do 1/2 of that with a top heavy are Conqueror, Valkyrie and, your favourite, Centurion.

Because Dominion is a TEAM game and you win the match not by winning many 1v1 around the map, but by creating a snowball effect of outnumber situations allowing you to capture and keep points.

Centurion ganks are so godly, it closes ganks within seconds and create a vastly superior snowball effect. No other character in the game has that.

And the fact you think some characters have a higher wall punish than centurion is laughable. Name one that does more damage than the GIF in the other tread against that Lawbringer losing about 130 hp.

Shugoki can 1-shot kill you off a wall punish. He's also better at ganking.
You people complain about entirely the wrong things. You find it frustrating to play against Centurion because you don't like being on the receiving end of a cutscene, and it stops you thinking rationally about how strong it actually is.
Centurion telegraphs all his attacks except for kick, which just fuels revenge meter anyway. Just dodge-roll away.
Hell if lawbringer hits you with a single longarm with a teammate there, you are 100% dead.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:41 PM
The damage he gets on heavy+jab is 50 if you took haymaker and they don't dodge the jab and you follow it up with a light. The only classes who do 1/2 of that with a top heavy are Conqueror, Valkyrie and, your favourite, Centurion.

Shugoki can 1-shot kill you off a wall punish. He's also better at ganking.
You people complain about entirely the wrong things. You find it frustrating to play against Centurion because you don't like being on the receiving end of a cutscene, and it stops you thinking rationally about how strong it actually is.
Centurion telegraphs all his attacks except for kick, which just fuels revenge meter anyway. Just dodge-roll away.
Hell if lawbringer hits you with a single longarm with a teammate there, you are 100% dead.

False.

HumoLoco
08-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Tell me what you think. That's how you play centurion.

https://youtu.be/XlEOz77K_PE?t=1m40s

If nerf him what happen? He will be utterly useless to clutch. Leave him alone.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Tell me what you think. That's how you play centurion.

https://youtu.be/XlEOz77K_PE?t=1m40s

If nerf him what happen? He will be utterly useless to clutch. Leave him alone.

I find impressive the numbers of fresh account signed up only to defend cents.

UbiNoty
08-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Everyone is allowed to have their own opinions. If you don't agree with someone - then state your position, argue your defense, and let your words speak for themselves.
If neither of you can agree, no matter what, sometimes you need to just walk away and be satisfied with that.

I really can't fathom the purpose of this thread since the original topic aims not to discuss any aspect of For Honor itself, but to undermine the opinions of others.

So I'm going to close the thread. But. To be crystal clear, it's because the original topic was not created with the intention of discussing the game or aspects related to the game. To be even more clear, I want you to be able to voice your opinions (whatever they may be) freely, but not at the expense of dismissing the opinions of others.
So let's keep things related to discussions about For Honor please (as per the Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1181761-Forum-Rules))