PDA

View Full Version : Any help with Orochi vs Conq who is parry god and SB user? any kind of advice plz?

LuckyStrikerLHP
08-24-2017, 01:52 PM
yesterday I was playing an tournament and first one was of course conq who I didnt encounter for ages in duels so the analysis was i were always on pair until I lose patience at the end of every match.. So is the Orochi vs Conq matchup practically a staring and baiting contest and I have to buy my self a few tons of horse steel nerves or do we orochi have some other options too that I dont know about? Any help is appreciated.

Othiion
08-24-2017, 02:06 PM
Shoulder bash is easily countered with a Orochi. Just dodge back or to the side and when they miss you can punish with the top light combo. Otherwise, I'd suggest try baiting them to parry with feinting, I honestly haven't gone up against very many god-like Conqs. Force the battle to go your pace, don't let them control it.

T_Sesh
08-24-2017, 02:11 PM
yesterday I was playing an tournament and first one was of course conq who I didnt encounter for ages in duels so the analysis was i were always on pair until I lose patience at the end of every match.. So is the Orochi vs Conq matchup practically a staring and baiting contest and I have to buy my self a few tons of horse steel nerves or do we orochi have some other options too that I dont know about? Any help is appreciated.

Orochi vs Conq or Warlord are both bad matchups, though Warlord is worse, as they can immediately counter out of full block stance. If they are not falling for your feints and can block/parry your zone attacks, then there is practically nothing you can do as Orochi assuming he just turtles and waits for you to initiate. Thats the defense meta in a nutshell and is why I stay away from duels in general - its just a bad scene full of try hards that abuse the game's mechanics in the least fun ways imaginable.

That said, since they are adding the feature where if the timer runs out, the person at the lowest health loses, you may be able to force him to initiate if your lucky enough to land a few zones and put him under your health - though you're in for a long staring contest.

I might also recommend spamming your lock-on taunt, sometimes that baits people into attacking lol.

LuckyStrikerLHP
08-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Othiion, yeah I also havent got much good Conqs at all, conqs are rarity to me but this was a tournament so I guess thats why he was good XD. Ok so avoid SB and bait-parry, roger, what about deflects? are deflects viable option against them or better use parry every time? Solid_Orochi I agree its interesting to see how each patch shifts my problems wih different chars. Before this patch only problem I had is with Warden( yes I know orochi is a counter to warden but not to me obviously XD) and now I have problems with warden, conq and Lord and yes Lord is the worst XD... And yeah I was thinking about to start doing taunts on Lords actually XD on Lords I dont even wanna think about deflects coz of damage they deal..... Anyways thx for the input guys

T_Sesh
08-24-2017, 04:00 PM
Deflects are not really viable in tourney play - generally if you're able to deflect, you can parry, and parry is always the superior option as its safer and you get high guaranteed damage reward out of it, plus stamina damage. Additionally, the shield bash may knock you out of your deflect attack, but I'm not certain. Also, any decent player in duels will easily dodge the higher damage hurricane blast. With Warden you can just immediately dodge attack the SB and it'll stop the 50/50.

SwellChemosabe
08-25-2017, 04:07 AM
Deflects are not really viable in tourney play - generally if you're able to deflect, you can parry, and parry is always the superior option as its safer and you get high guaranteed damage reward out of it, plus stamina damage. Additionally, the shield bash may knock you out of your deflect attack, but I'm not certain. Also, any decent player in duels will easily dodge the higher damage hurricane blast. With Warden you can just immediately dodge attack the SB and it'll stop the 50/50.

perhaps that's the standard with most other heroes but I have to disagree. deflects are always easier for me, not sure why they just are, and always much more rewarding. I usually use the quicker of the two deflect attacks. I find that it kinda shocks your opponent into not cheesing because they know that you know they use that move a lot. not to mention it's more of a two hit, may not do damage, but it'll still leave your opponent scrambling to figure out what's happening. The only hero I know to just dodge back out of that is the shinobi because of their back flip, and that's -with- decent players. the only successful players that usually do that are highly skilled and have had a lot of practice into what to do exactly.

Netcode_err_404
08-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Well, i've got the unluck to face a reactive parry god pk.

Theres really nothing you can do to avoid getting parried. He will just block all until he lands his parries and is basically gg.

I was on my kensei ofc and the fact that he is slow i just got parried into oblivion.

Just use a class with safe UB. I give him, he had very good reflexes, but thats all. He never attacked or took initiative.

The fact that some ppl try hard that much vs a kensei speak for itself lol