PDA

View Full Version : .50 Caliber Tracers

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to FB and absolutely love the game! At this point, I have only one concern/complaint. Why is it so hard to see the .50 cal. tracers with the U.S. planes? All the other tracers have a smoke trail, or are brighter in color, or both. Now, for me, the more realistic, the better. So, if the .50 cal. tracer effects in FB are indeed like the real thing, then I'll shut up now. It seems to me that in the old WW2 gun cam footage, the tracers are much brighter and easier to follow all the way to the target. In the game (unless it is at night), I loose them about two hundred yards out. Anyone out there care to comment?

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to FB and absolutely love the game! At this point, I have only one concern/complaint. Why is it so hard to see the .50 cal. tracers with the U.S. planes? All the other tracers have a smoke trail, or are brighter in color, or both. Now, for me, the more realistic, the better. So, if the .50 cal. tracer effects in FB are indeed like the real thing, then I'll shut up now. It seems to me that in the old WW2 gun cam footage, the tracers are much brighter and easier to follow all the way to the target. In the game (unless it is at night), I loose them about two hundred yards out. Anyone out there care to comment?

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 02:49 PM
I think its a problem with the engine. The tracers become invisible on almost all planes very short out of the barrel.

Only the green tracers on a few of the Russian aircraft can even be seen after they leave the gun for an extended period of time.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill