PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den August 24th

CandleInTheDark
08-23-2017, 09:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Af4VEEPxkg

The ebb and flow of war carries back and forth, a push one way then another. Three kingdoms vie over land, and none are willing to share.

The Red Horseman prowls the land, we are Warriors, this is our Den.

The man, the myth, the Damien is back.

They put in a hotfix for matchmaking for matchmaking regressions. There should be stability improvements, especially on the xbox, Matchmaking not ready is something they are still working on.

There will be a live update next thursday.

Ranked duel, they found a bug at the last minute, they fixed that but in fixing that they found a bigger problem, there is no ETA at the moment. They are frustrated over that too because two public tests didn't throw it up, it is top priority at the moment.

Double xp on all orders and game modes over the next weekend, some hardcore gaming time this weekend people, new heroes or heroes you want in the new gear. This is the first time they have had the tech available, they weren't holding out on us. Champion status will also be extra as it is a percentage of what you earn.

Dominion order this weekend.

No new content this week as the new heroes are this for those who did not have them, you can now practice with them before purchase. New content returns next week.

For Glory have a 4v4 PC dominion tournament this saturday. https://battlefy.com/for-glory

September 4th they have a Pax panel at 2.30pm pacific. It will be streamed on the regular For Honor channel.

Eric has a list of stuff.

There is a bug on gladiator dodge, it doesn't function as it should, they are working on it.

Conqueror spammable RAH! was a victim of the sound team doing a pass, the audio guys read the reddit so they are fixing RAH! and maybe some other iconic spam emotes.

There is a dominion bug that sometimes in very specific circumstances feats don't unlock, team is working on it.

If someone disconnects from a match at the end the match will sometimes restart, working on that as well.

Is chip damage intended to kill? No, it is happening, but they will fix it. They are exploring it happening intentionally but working ons topping it doing that for now.

People have found new AFK methods, they are looking at that.

If anyone has problems with the deluxe edition content not unlocking, contact support.

Iron legion colours are coming Soon (tm).

They are working on a freeze in the game where it freezes on asset deploy.

Four execution slots question has come up, they are working on that, no ETA, possibly not this season, but working on it.

Browsing heroes and going into customisation screen during matchmaking is being worked on.

Controller remapping, they are working on it, a first version will come this season, not the full blown every button suite, but a first try at some point while it is being worked on.

Highlander reel it In execution doesn't ledge like Lawbringer's currently, it will be coming. Dead bodies/heads having physics for things like golf swing emotes is not yet.

Some execution names between gladiator and highlander were swapped, they are working on that.

Next thursday live update.

Highlander gb bug will be fixed.

Centurion heavy attack and charged heavy attack will cost more stamina when feinted, gone from around 16 to around 8. Charged jab after heavy will no longer unbalance in revenge, zone attack will no longer become unparryable after first hit in out of lock.

Raider stampede charge, they made some adjustments, sprint speed goes from 3 m/s to 4m/s, 700ms startup when it activates, so no more 180 degree turns for activation.

Shinobi tackle speed requirement has gone from 3m/s to 5m/s.

Conqueror no longer falls when hit by a melee attack while the opponent is in revenge, it had been left on only on conqueror, so will be fixed.

Kensei they fixed some unlock unparryable tech, can no longer rotate at extreme speed when attacking. They still have some unlock issues that need to be fixed, they are working on it.

Rep 30 to 40 there is a rep outfit per rep level.

Timesnap, what it does is increase reactivity of inputs which is why they turned it off, all attacks with this off the time between the attack starting and seeing the attack is consistent all across the board. They are working on optimising the UI all across the moves so that the move is seen at the right time in activation.

They will have more to say about the smoke effect next week, it will be released for all characters, season pass holders do not get it for all characters, just the DLC characters.

They will look into Shugoki sometimes not able to switch stance in hyperarmour.

They are looking into region recallibrations in South Africa.

They did a community corner and that's a wrap.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 11:42 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/10p6gtui0EtOWk/giphy.gif

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 12:16 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/10p6gtui0EtOWk/giphy.gif

Aww well real life needs to stop happening thursday afternoon lol

bmason1000
08-24-2017, 01:07 AM
I torally forgot you weren't going to be around for this stream. I got out of work all excited and you weren't here. I'm glad you're not dead! Huge weight lifted off me.

Sneaky-Patches
08-24-2017, 03:12 AM
Have my fingers crossed for that shinobi meditating emote! Hope it drops this week. Also thanks for the recaps you do.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 05:20 PM
I'm back, not as late as I could have been, managed to get a lift rather than wait on a train, so getting to it, will catch up when I catch up :p

Lyskir
08-24-2017, 05:56 PM
finally the stampede nerf, now the speed on the stampede itself is on prebuff level, now everybody can stfu ......

and raider is mid tier again, yes! :3

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 06:07 PM
And that's the recap wrapped.

Sneaky-Patches
08-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Just a heads up for any shinobi bros, they fixed the deflect bug where bleed would not refresh on multiple deflects/ special bleed parry follow up. It now seems to top up bleed now :) stoked! Just in time to grind my *** off on this XP weekend too!

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 08:04 PM
Just a heads up for any shinobi bros, they fixed the deflect bug where bleed would not refresh on multiple deflects/ special bleed parry follow up. It now seems to top up bleed now :) stoked! Just in time to grind my *** off on this XP weekend too!

Was that during the community corner segment? If they are starting to drop news there I am going to have to pay more attention to it than I normally do >.>

Manlorey
08-24-2017, 08:04 PM
finally the stampede nerf, now the speed on the stampede itself is on prebuff level, now everybody can stfu ......

and raider is mid tier again, yes! :3
As if that's a good thing, but there is cup full of irony I suppose.

Sneaky-Patches
08-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Was that during the community corner segment? If they are starting to drop news there I am going to have to pay more attention to it than I normally do >.>

No it wasn't mentioned in the stream (although I only saw the second half or so), or the patch notes as far as I could tell.

I just usually spent 5 mins with the lvl1 bot practicing my deflect before I play every time I sit down, just noticed that the bleed effect was fixed! May not be a game changer, but it was annoying when you deflect and get 0 damage from it online.

Sneaky-Patches
08-24-2017, 09:08 PM
So hold on, did I hear this right?..

did they say they are making 10 unique armor sets, per hero, to hand out between reps 30-40?

Or do they mean paint colours or stickers or something...

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 09:15 PM
So hold on, did I hear this right?..

did they say they are making 10 unique armor sets, per hero, to hand out between reps 30-40?

Or do they mean paint colours or stickers or something...

Since they said the orochi level 40 one was pink and light green, I would assume they are like the other reputation outfits, they did say that they are outfits you only get through progression, not by buying, so I would hope there is something like an ornament or a setup you cannot just put together with the tools you already have. While I am aiming for total rep 29 right now for legendary armour on heroes I use in 4v4 that is over a number of heroes so I am a long way from seeing what it is like for myself lol.

xSH_4_DOWx
08-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Okay so to get started I do strongly enjoy the game but I just hate the matchmaking. I just recently started working on Shinobi I love him but he can easily get 2 or 3 hit by enemies. I would hope you could at least raise his health to 4 bars instead of 3 and 1/4th. The matchmaking is honestly bad, for example that Shinobi I'm working on, just got him to Rep 1. Did some duels, brawls, and went to 4v4 and each time I get teammates who are around my rep and then enemies who have already mastered their characters with epics and above and it sucks because I have to try so hard not to die already and the fact that I'm gonna be facing guys way better than me sucks. If you could even improve the matching in any way I'd be very happy with you guys.

Sneaky-Patches
08-24-2017, 10:25 PM
Since they said the orochi level 40 one was pink and light green, I would assume they are like the other reputation outfits, they did say that they are outfits you only get through progression, not by buying, so I would hope there is something like an ornament or a setup you cannot just put together with the tools you already have. While I am aiming for total rep 29 right now for legendary armour on heroes I use in 4v4 that is over a number of heroes so I am a long way from seeing what it is like for myself lol.

Ahh I see, man I hate to be ungrateful as I see the devs are putting in huge effort and doing a lot right.... But I don't think the reputation "outfits" are a good incentive at all. I mean I can't tell the different between a rep 5 or rep 30 outfit, because they are just in essence one sticker (that 9/10 players don't apply to their outfits) and one paint application style that is entirely indistinguishable from the other 100 or so in the game...

I hope in the future they can give some nice incentives for hitting rep 30+, even if it's only one or two unique items per hero. All I would care about is getting a new armor set (even just one unique good helmet would be enough, surely at least that is doable), maybe fabric colour customisation (cmon all black shinobi!) or a unique emote/execution/ effect.

Knight_Raime
08-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Good on them for fixing centurions feint cost.

iQuickez
08-27-2017, 08:39 PM
I would like to love this game, but there are so many things wrong with it that make me want to throw it out the window. First off, over powered dlc characters. Do you guys not test the characters or something because it is not hard to see how over powered they are and you just keep releasing the most over powered characters possible. Test them out before you release them! Another issue is connectivity. I constantly get errors for internet connection when nothing is wrong and it happens ALL THE TIME!!!! One of my biggest issues is how you get banned for like 10 minutes for leaving one match. Really? One f***ing match? That is ridiculous and there is no type of real competitive playlists in this game so why does it matter if we leave early? 10 minute ban for leaving one match even if it is at the end is excessive because guess what, someone leaves from facing people who are significantly better than he/she will probably be mad and then add a 10 minute ban on top of it will make them quit the game and play something else. If you are gonna do a banning system then make a competitive playlist! That is my little rant and opinion. *drop mic*

Onikage-3
08-29-2017, 10:01 AM
Hi iQuickez,

I don't know if you're being sarcastic for dramatic effect but the characters are obviously tested prior to release. The new move sets are what creates a learning curve. Although, as we've seen from the previous Season, everyone gets used to the move sets after a while. Typically, there are move set or informative videos released prior to the character(s) going live. Just have a look and see what you're up against next time and you won't get smashed so much.

For sure there are still some connectivity issues in general.

A good way to avoid being banned is ensuring you have the time to play a full match. I don't think I should have to wait for the game to sync because you can't hold your own. Potentially, I could be in the middle of combat when you decide to leave and you leaving could make me die and/or make us lose the game as a whole. I think you and I (everyone has to leave sometimes, right?) both deserve the 10 minute ban for leaving.

Hope this is somewhat constructive, cheers