PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator unlock tech needs fixing asap

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 08:06 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/6vgcv8/gladiator_unlock_tech_guaranteed_heavy_from_punch/

^ above is a linked thread from the competitive for honor sub talking about and showcasing a discovered unlock tech for the Gladiator. What the effect does is guarantee a heavy after any unblockable bash. If for whatever reason the mods can't look at the linked thread i'll explain it. It's worth noting that this works with any buffered attack apparently.

How do you do this unlock tech? this: "Dodge (any direction except back), GB (punch), Heavy Attack (Just as or slightly before punch connects), Unlock+ Dodge (As the heavy animation starts)"

There are some things to keep in mind. Assassins this will always land due to their reflex guard. For normal guard you have to throw it in the direction they are not currently guarding in as it will be blocked. Throwing from the top is apparently not a good idea as it removes the tracking on the attack. They also supposedly mention it makes the attack unparryable.

And here is a link to a 53 second youtube video demonstrating the technique itself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plQLZfzUsA&feature=youtu.be

I am unsure if I should have put this in the feedback thread only or not. But i'll go post the video link there too just to make sure it will be seen.

Netcode_err_404
08-23-2017, 08:23 PM
2 hours of tests. Ubi had months.

GG guys.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 08:42 PM
2 hours of tests. Ubi had months.

GG guys.

It doesn't matter how much time is given to a dev team nor how many people are on said dev team. No amount of testing they can do will ever be on the level of giving access to said thing to the public at large. That's why gaming companies do public alphas/betas. That's why test servers are a thing.
But if it helps you sleep better at night beating a dead horse by all means. Fulfill your hollow existence.

Cajin203
08-23-2017, 08:44 PM
That's not an unlock tech, that's one of his combos called cheap shot.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 09:02 PM
That's not an unlock tech, that's one of his combos called cheap shot.

No. no bash he does guarantees a heavy. You CAN combo a heavy after a bash. but that doesn't make it guaranteed.
this unlock tech does.

Netcode_err_404
08-23-2017, 09:36 PM
It doesn't matter how much time is given to a dev team nor how many people are on said dev team. No amount of testing they can do will ever be on the level of giving access to said thing to the public at large. That's why gaming companies do public alphas/betas. That's why test servers are a thing.
But if it helps you sleep better at night beating a dead horse by all means. Fulfill your hollow existence.

It starts to matter when basically half characters on this game have/had an unlock exploits.

Wolf-Heathen
08-23-2017, 09:44 PM

Incorrect. Companies do public beta tests for promotional purposes only. They act solely to hype excitement for the game. In a open beta test you have tons of unqualified people(in Q&A) who are more interested in experiencing the game before they purchase, not testing intricate mechanics of which they haven't even learned yet.

In Ubisoft's case they launched a mere two or three days after the open beta ended. There is NO WAY they could have compiled the data from the open beta, sifted through it, and learned anything useful in time to effect the game before launch. Hence why we're six months out and we're still dealing with issues that were brought up in the closed beta, and why we have new heros being released with old unlock exploits that were brought to Ubi's attention prior to Season 2.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 10:33 PM
Incorrect. Companies do public beta tests for promotional purposes only. They act solely to hype excitement for the game. In a open beta test you have tons of unqualified people(in Q&A) who are more interested in experiencing the game before they purchase, not testing intricate mechanics of which they haven't even learned yet.

In Ubisoft's case they launched a mere two or three days after the open beta ended. There is NO WAY they could have compiled the data from the open beta, sifted through it, and learned anything useful in time to effect the game before launch. Hence why we're six months out and we're still dealing with issues that were brought up in the closed beta, and why we have new heros being released with old unlock exploits that were brought to Ubi's attention prior to Season 2.

Just because some companies choose to use a beta that way doesn't mean all betas are. Did you see halo 5's beta as an example?
Nothing else you've stated changes my factual statement. Hundreds of thousands of players is going to give them more than anything that can be done in house alone.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Thank you for alerting us! Since it was first posted on the competitive subreddit, I've no doubt that our team has already been made aware of this but I'll make doubly sure they get the message :) We'll do our best to get this addressed and resolved as quickly as we are able.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Thank you for alerting us! Since it was first posted on the competitive subreddit, I've no doubt that our team has already been made aware of this but I'll make doubly sure they get the message :) We'll do our best to get this addressed and resolved as quickly as we are able.

I was aware that they do check both reddit subs. Just wanted to make sure it got as much exposure as possible in hopes it could be addressed faster. It's unlikely that most people will run into this as unlock tech is only really prevalent in the highest of skill brackets. But still. Thank you for forwarding it to them.

Wolf-Heathen
08-23-2017, 11:24 PM
Your statement doesn't actually contain any relevance facts. What relevance does Halo 5 have to do with this discussion? We're talking about For Honor, and specifically Ubisoft. I cited actual events of what took place with Ubisoft's open beta for For Honor. The simple fact is their scheduled dates for the end of the open beta coinciding just days before launch not only demonstrated that they weren't interested in collecting useful data to effect any meaningful change, they were merely trying to boost pre-orders.

All you're doing is trying to spin a valid criticism against Ubisoft. Why I don't know, but this game is never going to be grow and have success unless we are honest about its issues.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 11:27 PM
Your statement doesn't actually contain any relevance facts. What relevance does Halo 5 have to do with this discussion? We're talking about For Honor, and specifically Ubisoft. I cited actual events of what took place with Ubisoft's open beta for For Honor. All you're doing is trying to spin a valid criticism against Ubisoft. Why I don't know, but this game is never going to be grow and have success unless we are honest about its issues.

I talked about beta's as a whole. You countered by siting for honor's as a specific instance. I countered that by mentioning halo 5's. If you were trying to specifically talk about for honor's beta and how it failed you should have phrased it better instead of trying to use it as a counter on my statement on the purpose of a beta as a concept.

Wolf-Heathen
08-23-2017, 11:44 PM
I talked about beta's as a whole. You countered by siting for honor's as a specific instance. I countered that by mentioning halo 5's. If you were trying to specifically talk about for honor's beta and how it failed you should have phrased it better instead of trying to use it as a counter on my statement on the purpose of a beta as a concept.

You misstate events again. No one was talking about open betas until you brought it up as a defense saying Ubisoft can't catch exploits in development, and they must rely on public tests. The OP was highlighting the fact that a new hero was just released with an exploitable bug, the kind of which Ubisoft has known about well before this hero's release, and I was alluding to Ubisoft's in ability to properly Q&A their heros. Balance and exploits have been an issue with this game since release, which is why you'd think going forward with any new heros they'd be rather fastidious and do the proper due diligence to ensure we don't have more of these issues. I don't know why you're so hung up on the very narrow topic of open betas. We're talking about Ubisoft's ability, or lack thereof -- whether due to funding/manpower or just inexperience -- to release balanced and exploit free content.

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 12:22 AM
Wolf-Heathen... pls could you stop with this nonsense?
Acutally, do you know - it is not easy to use these unlock "techs"
It is fascinating how such a short attack buffer can be exploited in such a way.

I mean, there are only some frames buffer between the light and heavy input of the zone.
And those frames cause the flicker bug, and has the potential to be exploited to the extend where you can seperate the input of the zone attack ...

You actually attack with a light or heavy but use unlock and dodge to seperate the heavy from the light but maintain the input speed of the original zone.
Thats why the attack is fast, and unparrieable eventually because the game doesn't count this attack as an acutall seperate input?

What i want to say, try it yourself - on console it is even harder because you have less frames to work with.

And developers actually don't have that much time to search through every singel frame/detail that could be exploited. They are actually humans as well, and can't put 48 hours a day into a game.
Even if you think your game is fine, a player will find a bug or something to exploit.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 12:28 AM
You misstate events again. No one was talking about open betas until you brought it up as a defense saying Ubisoft can't catch exploits in development, and they must rely on public tests. The OP was highlighting the fact that a new hero was just released with an exploitable bug, the kind of which Ubisoft has known about well before this hero's release, and I was alluding to Ubisoft's in ability to properly Q&A their heros. Balance and exploits have been an issue with this game since release, which is why you'd think going forward with any new heros they'd be rather fastidious and do the proper due diligence to ensure we don't have more of these issues. I don't know why you're so hung up on the very narrow topic of open betas. We're talking about Ubisoft's ability, or lack thereof -- whether due to funding/manpower or just inexperience -- to release balanced and exploit free content.

My point was that in any situation what so ever a development team doing only in house testing is not comparable or as accurate as letting the public get their hands on it.
That is an irrefutable fact.

I'm not making excuses for the development team nor saying that it's "fine" for them to be taking this long to fix issues.
At the same time i'm not going to bash them. Nor is it productive to beat a dead horse. Which is what you and Lord are doing.

If you want to have a circle jerk discussion about your own distaste for ubi and how "incompetent" you feel they are feel free to take your trash else where. That is not the point of this thread. And that's all i'm saying on it. Feel free to reply to this or not. You're not getting else from me on that subject in this thread. Good day.

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 12:44 AM

Ever hear of stress testing servers? How are you supposed to test the stability of server connections in a live setting if you've never had more than a couple hundred in a closed testing at best?

Also I doubt they have a very effective check list on this. It's not like you are going to be browsing through one of their company memos and randomly pass by a document labeled "SOP for unlock bug test"

You know the best way to find exploits like these in games nowadays without spending HOURS of needless time in testing and recoding and testing again? (which leads to longer release dates and missed deadlines) let the player base find/report it.
Because two things are for certain: if there is a means of exploiting for a win, someone out there will find it. They will use it, and someone will be butthurt. And two it's more time effecient and less costly overall for everyone involved especially when games can be updated live.

Stop expecting everything to be perfect, it's like you've never had something go wrong ever in your life and suddenly the whole godforsaken world collapsed in around you people.

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 12:49 AM
Social experiment time:
go to google.
Type in your favorite game.(make it fun, don't bother with year)
End it with "exploit" or "glitch"
Post your results here.

I want to see the search result that returns nil.

Wolf-Heathen
08-24-2017, 02:59 AM
I'm not making excuses for the development team nor saying that it's "fine" for them to be taking this long to fix issues.
At the same time i'm not going to bash them. Nor is it productive to beat a dead horse. Which is what you and Lord are doing.

That is exactly what you're doing. You're all over these forums white-knighting Ubisoft every time some draws to light an issue with the game. Please stop pretending like you aren't. I mean, did you not write a lengthy post defending the unlock tech tournament cheese player?

Since when are people being critical of things "bashing"? We, as consumers, have every right to be critical of a product, especially one with so many ongoing issues. Nothing ever gets fixed by pretending nothing is wrong. And that's exactly what you're doing. An issue was highlighted about the Gladiator, and you immediately pivoted to, "Well, this is normal. We can't expect them do catch these things. Nothing to see here folks" and I'm paraphrasing here but that is the gist of it. While I might be inclined to agree with you and give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt had this been the first or second bug, but it's not. Nor is it the fourth or fifth. It's a long string of issues, some technical, some balance, and some just due a shallow game/lack of content. For a full priced, AAA game from a company as established as Ubisoft to release a game this these many issues, yeah I have every right to be critical at times.

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 03:17 AM
That is exactly what you're doing. You're all over these forums white-knighting Ubisoft every time some draws to light an issue with the game. Please stop pretending like you aren't. I mean, did you not write a lengthy post defending the unlock tech tournament cheese player?

Since when are people being critical of things "bashing"? We, as consumers, have every right to be critical of a product, especially one with so many ongoing issues. Nothing ever gets fixed by pretending nothing is wrong. And that's exactly what you're doing. An issue was highlighted about the Gladiator, and you immediately pivoted to, "Well, this is normal. We can't expect them do catch these things. Nothing to see here folks" and I'm paraphrasing here but that is the gist of it. While I might be inclined to agree with you and give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt had this been the first or second bug, but it's not. Nor is it the fourth or fifth. It's a long string of issues, some technical, some balance, and some just due a shallow game/lack of content. For a full priced, AAA game from a company as established as Ubisoft to release a game this these many issues, yeah I have every right to be critical at times.

Go do my social experiment and then come back here.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 04:27 AM

If I was white knighting everything ubi does I wouldn't be agreeing with points being made. Just because i'm not standing beside you or others with a pitchfork aimed at ubi's throat does not mean I don't have my own issues with the game or that I think the game is fine.
I did defend the player. That doesn't mean I think unlock tech is fine. So I really don't see why that matters.

There is a different between being critical and productive versus what you and lord and others do. Lord replied in a troll like mannor. If you don't agree with that you're just as lost as he is.
Critical feedback would be something like I posted. Showing unlock tech, discussing balance, suggesting tweaks etc. saying stupid **** like "ubi seems unable to do what needs to be done" or whatever nonsense you said isn't critical.

It doesn't add anything to any discussion here that isn't a circle jerk hate fest. Nor is it a productive response.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 04:29 AM
Go do my social experiment and then come back here.

he's not going to. Because he is insistent on bashing the game like so many others around here.
I'm just going to mute him and then drop this thread. I already got a moderators attention and they've forwarded the information to the devs. so this thread no longer needs to stick around.

BLOOD-E-BARON
08-24-2017, 05:25 AM
Social experiment time:
go to google.
Type in your favorite game.(make it fun, don't bother with year)
End it with "exploit" or "glitch"
Post your results here.

I want to see the search result that returns nil.

Try Alley cat