PDA

View Full Version : Another Disaster Launch of Season. OP Gladiators and Trash Highlanders.

Kikkoman.EX
08-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Good Job, I will await for season 4 disaster. In the mean time....time to play another game...again.

Vasher.
08-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Good Job, I will await for season 4 disaster. In the mean time....time to play another game...again.

Not sure what you mean by OP Glads...when they're far more balanced than Cent. Highlanders could use a slight tweak. You must be new to video gaming...because every online game that releases any content is perfect on launch with no patches/or nerf/buffs (insert sarcasm).

S3 has been a decent launch...S2 was a disaster.

Also, no one gives a **** if you play or not. Keep these crap posts off the forums.

S0Mi_xD
08-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Not sure what you mean by OP Glads...when they're far more balanced than Cent. Highlanders could use a slight tweak. You must be new to video gaming...because every online game that releases any content is perfect on launch with no patches/or nerf/buffs (insert sarcasm).

S3 has been a decent launch...S2 was a disaster.

Also, no one gives a **** if you play or not. Keep these crap posts off the forums.

Agree with Njordic.

Both heroes are pretty good. There are much less problems than in season 2, and we can except that season 4 won't be much worse than season 3.

The problem was, they tried to work around the defensive meta with centurion - ubi always tries the easiest way, but easy isn't always the best way.
This also counts for other issues and bugs. They tried to fix it in easy ways but sloppy work will always have issues.

Edit:
Best reflection on this is the "new gear", it cost time to make new armor, thats why they just added some stripes and spikes, or removed some elements, to have something they can give to the players ....

Don't wanna blame them, but also can't praise them on this topic.

Vasher.
08-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Agree with Njordic.

Both heroes are pretty good. There are much less problems than in season 2, and we can except that season 4 won't be much worse than season 3.

The problem was, they tried to work around the defensive meta with centurion - ubi always tries the easiest way, but easy isn't always the best way.
This also counts for other issues and bugs. They tried to fix it in easy ways but sloppy work will always have issues.

Good followup. Agreed

Netcode_err_404
08-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Pretty much this.

Glad is clearly the best assassin in the game,some of his moves are completely broken.

HL is useless. In dominion is unplayable.

SplugeKing
08-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Glad is good not op. I do think they need to nerf his zone somehow. Highlander is hard to use but just need some time to get good at him. He is a little buggy tho

Netcode_err_404
08-23-2017, 08:21 PM
Glad is good not op. I do think they need to nerf his zone somehow. Highlander is hard to use but just need some time to get good at him. He is a little buggy tho

In his role is op.

A fast lightning assassin with unblockables and one UB on dodge.

SOme hybrid would pay gold to have that kit.

Manlorey
08-23-2017, 08:36 PM
In his role is op.

A fast lightning assassin with unblockables and one UB on dodge.

SOme hybrid would pay gold to have that kit.

Try Kensei against Glad. You will be surprised how fast a Glad goes down. :)

Necparfait
08-23-2017, 08:44 PM
Can confirm. I'm probably slightly above average skill at best, and Kensei has always given me some trouble. That said, when I come up against Kensei as Gladiator, even against new players (because what is matchmaking) more often than not I get my **** kicked in.

Netcode_err_404
08-23-2017, 09:37 PM

This glad is a competent player or a pve lord ?

SenBotsu893
08-23-2017, 09:52 PM
newly released gladiator is way more balanced than current centurion simply because most of his unblockables dont lead into guranteed damage. gladiators zone here beeing the exeption, that might need a little tweak.

and Highlander is golden. i really enjoy playing him because he is a better version of kensei. better damage, better mix ups, hyperarmor on all heavys, and his celtic curse mix up is freaking fast if you compare it to Kenseis finisher mix up.

so i think season 3 has a way better start if compared to season 2

Sir_rage_quit
08-23-2017, 10:16 PM
I really did enjoy Highlander and fighting vs the glad dont feel to hard for me , what make me quit until season 4 is the connection and the damn centurion.

Titanodragon
08-24-2017, 05:04 AM
Pretty much this.

Glad is clearly the best assassin in the game,some of his moves are completely broken.

HL is useless. In dominion is unplayable.

I find Gladiator easy to fight as peacekeeper. So easy to get them to do a side dash attack... Easy parry

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 05:20 AM
As a Shinobi player, I hate Gladiators for a single reason : their recovery state is lightning fast. You can't punish them after they whiff or miss an attack. All the guardbreaks you do will get countered and even the light attacks you throw can get blocked (or worst, he'll do the 2nd hit of his chain combo which will track you and hit before your light connects).

Gladiator has similar mobility, the highest stamina pool in the game, move hp and better unblockable. He is by far the best assassin.

He even has the best unlock tech at the moment. After a dodge + punch, the next heavy you throw at your opponent will be garanteed if you unlock and dodge just after you press your heavy attack button ... and that heavy starts your mix up.

He needs fixing.

ChampionRuby50g
08-24-2017, 05:32 AM
Season 3 release was far from a disaster, for me and my mates we reckon that Glad and HL are really well balanced, and the release was smooth. HL may need some tweaking in the future, and Glads toe poke should be slowed.

What's worse are the out of game bugs. Many times now does at least 1 group member not make it into the game and is stuck in the loading screen; and other issues such as that.

BLOOD-E-BARON
08-24-2017, 05:39 AM
Gladiator has similar mobility, the highest stamina pool in the game, move hp and better unblockable. He is by far the best assassin.

He needs fixing.

My opinion here, I think you are overlooking the beserker. The raw power of that character is insane, those heavy attacks are ridiculous

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 05:46 AM
My opinion here, I think you are overlooking the beserker. The raw power of that character is insane, those heavy attacks are ridiculous

Everyone overlooks the Beserker. I am a Beserker main and she is easily my best character. I can 1v1 any hero in the game with her.

I sincerely hope the Devs continue to ignore the fact I can take half of someones health bar with a single overhead heavy, and if I land my heavy combo they die by the 3rd hit.

kweassa1
08-24-2017, 06:08 AM

Pretty much as competent as the people who complain about cents, I'd bet.

SwellChemosabe
08-24-2017, 06:13 AM
Highlander is pretty decent once you know how to use him and, people with him are getting better everyday with him. Won't be long until people are crying for a nerf on him, I can imagine. Gladiator, yeah he's pretty powerful but I don't think he's -too- op just yet. despite everything mentioned so far he can still be countered because as mentioned before his unblockables don't chain into a cut scene where you watch your hero die a very long and dragged out death. *cough centurion cough*

Might get worse with time though, the more people learn how to better use those combos the more powerful he'll get and then it may be time for a nerf or too. Nothing major but something.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Highlander is not OP, but he isn't trash.

CrunaCross
08-24-2017, 06:48 AM
Highlander is acceptable. And Gladiator... well I want to see people getting better at playing Gladiator. It doesn't seem OP. Time will tell. Gladiator is not even close to the centurion joke.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 07:07 AM
Highlander is acceptable. And Gladiator... well I want to see people getting better at playing Gladiator. It doesn't seem OP. Time will tell. Gladiator is not even close to the centurion joke.

I will agree the jury is out on Gladiator, but Highlander does need a few tweaks to be competitive.

As he stands any veteran player worth anything can parry spam him into the ground so he needs a lil love to give him some appeal beyond noob stomping.

Claudius_Katt
08-24-2017, 07:12 AM

Kensei, Berserker, really aggresive Shugoki's and charge spamming Raiders are the stuff of nightmares when I'm playing as Gladiator.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Typical response of someone who got mad after dying a few matches and instead of blaming their own performance they bag on the game instead.
Gladiator is balanced. Slightly towards the super strong side. But he's balanced over the fact that none of his bashes save his zone get you any guaranteed damage.
The toe poke does little damage and is easily dodged on reaction. And it's slower when your opponent is OOS.
Blocking any of his dash attacks nets you an untechable GB.

The only strong aspects about his base kit are his zone and being immune to the feint into GB game. The rest of his power comes from knowing how to mix up his stuff well enough to throw your opponent off so you can get damage in.

Highlander is also very balanced but a bit on the underpowered side. (very very very tiny amount of underpowered.)
You've got pretty fast attacks mid combo. An actual opener that an opponent has to read instead of react to.
Mix ups for days. and an answer to pretty much any problem. This is balanced out by the fact that Highlander has to read an opponent. He doesn't have the tools to react to attacks outside of crushing counter. Which while strong is far riskier compared to parry attempts. His stamina consumption is pretty up there. and he doesn't have a lot of health.

This season is nothing like season 2's heros. To compare them simply shows your ignorance and possibly your maturity as an individual.

SlashingElbow
08-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Op gladiators? I feel they are pretty weak and easy to kill. Depends maybe on which character u use but im pretty good killing them with my warlord berserker raider and my rep 1 highlander lol

Othiion
08-24-2017, 02:16 PM
Been maining the Gladiator and I go down easy to a lot of heroes if I'm not careful. I dread going up against Raiders because their heavies are so slow and I can easily miss a guard or miss a parry timing and I'm hit for a good chunk. Kensei can get the best of me if they time their attacks right and Shugoki can still punish severely if I don't get the follow up to knock them around once their hyper armor is gone. And I STILL hate going against Peacekeepers because they will always either dodge spam or light spam.. :mad:

Manlorey
08-24-2017, 02:21 PM
You can be competent and still get wrecked by a Kensei if you do not play extremely carefull against him, due to his spin attack beating almost any straight forward attacks Glad has including toe stab, which is easily dodged.
Also, many people pointed out, the hitbox on the Glad seems to be kind of broken. Some attacks like the overhead UB at the Kensei end chain do not seem to be dodged as it tracks like crazy. The block time on Glad is also extremely short, which does not support him against even basic heavy attacks at all (vs. Warden, Kensei etc).
Just a subjective observation, but I am speaking of console I might add.

Kensei, Berserker, really aggresive Shugoki's and charge spamming Raiders are the stuff of nightmares when I'm playing as Gladiator.
Feel you bro. If played aggressively right, some heroes beat the heck out of Glad.

Vakris_One
08-24-2017, 04:03 PM
I main Kensei on PC and I have no trouble against Gladiator. He's got a good kit on him but he struggles against characters that can punish his shoves and fast attacks with a dodge strike since he gets no hyper armour. His toe stab is avoidable when not pinned against a wall and his skewer attack is parry bait. His zone attack is very good but he can't spam it and you can learn to anticipate it. Only good Glad players are able to utilise him to his best potential, i.e. he is not OP and not an iWin button.

Overall Gladiator is quite balanced in my opinion. Highlander needs some getting used to but he is fun and quite viable once you get the hang of him. He's got more going for him than the Kensei so that already means he is not underpowered. Highlander needs a few bugs sorted out however such as no guarranteed heavy after guardbreak and his sword strikes phasing through minions that aren't right next to him.

Vakris_One
08-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Also, cancelling Highlander's Offensive stance either shouldn't cost him any stamina or his overall stamina pool should be increased a little.