PDA

View Full Version : Sigh......

AgentCelt
08-23-2017, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure if anyone on these forums have seen my posts before but for anyone that has, you'd know how much I've wanted a Celtic based hero in this game since release. So I should be happy with the Highlander, right?

Aye, I would be happy. If he wasn't the most single bag of **** I've ever played as. The HL is so easy to beat and he's the biggest pile of wank to play as. I can honestly understand the whole two fighting stances, it's a good idea but jesus Ubi you absolutely butchered it. The HL is supposed to be a hybrid and I'm sure that fat bastard Shugoki can even attack faster than him. His defensive stance is an absolute waste because he's got no valuable attacks, you switch to offensive and now you're so slow that every attack is guaranteed a parry, not to mention that 1 light attack knocks you back into DS.

During the 7 days of early access I've literally punished every HL, I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because maybe everyone else just sucks with him. But now I've had the ability to play as him, idek. I really wanted this hero to be a good one. Even level 2 bot Conqs are beating the **** out of me when I play as HL. Why couldn't you have butchered the Centurion or the Gladiator? Why do you have to make the one hero I'm looking forward to really bad. **** SAKES UBISOFT

Cac.maus
08-23-2017, 04:05 PM
I completely agree with you apart from saying he is slower the shugoki, you might be correct but I feel like HL is a bit faster. Other then that I do really agree that he has instantly been put with the weaker characters.

All I imagine is seeing him come forwards in battle with his greatsword looking metal as f**k only to be dominated byeverybody.

I feel for you dude, hopefully he gets some buffs soon.

Cac.maus
08-23-2017, 04:09 PM
I completely agree with you apart from saying he is slower the shugoki, you might be correct but I feel like HL is a bit faster. Other then that I do really agree that he has instantly been put with the weaker characters.

All I imagine is seeing him come forwards in battle with his greatsword looking metal as f**k only to be dominated byeverybody.

I feel for you dude, hopefully he gets some buffs soon.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-23-2017, 04:21 PM
I've played with a HL in rixe which was pretty good at killing, he totally won the game for me. As a HL T thknk you need to be patient and plan your attacks, starting your combos before being actually at range to surprise your opponents with unconventional hits as bluffing by changing stance, at least this is what he did.

I've seen good HL against shugoki, orochi and gladia and they were good enough to win, not pretending this is any easy though.

T_Sesh
08-23-2017, 06:02 PM
I was very much looking forward to playing as Highlander as well, and having practiced with him for about an hour with bots, and then getting completely wrecked in a few matches in dominion...sadly he's low tier for me. I regularly get top spot on my team as Orochi with a dozen or more kills. With Highlander, I haven't even broken into double digits without ganks. He can only reliably land the OS grab, OS light, and Celtic curse. Parry punish is far too weak with only light attacks guaranteed - not even GB on all characters. So you have to use crushing counters to get close to decent damage for any kind of punish. I find crushing counter > OS kick feint into grab > OS heavy to be a decently damaging combo that lands often enough - the only problem is it uses nearly all of your stamina and takes forever to actually play out, so while doing it you're extremely vulnerable to outside attackers and by the end you've only done 55 damage.

SenBotsu893
08-23-2017, 10:24 PM
highlander is golden.

well maybe if you come from something like Warlord he might seem like a downgrade. but if you come from a Kensei he is such a joy to play because he excells at Kenseis coregameplay.

Has similar reach to kensei and similar speed.
his celtic curse faint is fast has dodge frames and hyperarmor and deals 35 damage(thats alright heavy damge for such a fast cancel) and also leads into his chain for further mix ups. Hyperarmor on ALL Heavy attacks is so usefull for trades. and his light can potetntally deal 30 damage in all directions. then you got a whole set of unblockables in Offensive stance + kick and command grab.

Ianoneshot
08-23-2017, 11:02 PM
I always die from HLs so I dont think he is underpowerd

Moondyne_MC
08-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Highlander is the most fun I've had with a DLC character yet, but damn you have to really work for kills. I'm finding him pretty terrible for anything other than 1v1 as it takes so much longer to get a kill with him than the normal cast I play, which usually results in enemies finishing their fights and coming to gank while I'm still halfway through my fight, lol.

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Highlander isn't bad nor is he in need of massive buffs. He just requires actual reads and good execution to get the big pay outs for him.
He's the first hero in the game that is proper difficult and doesn't have anything that's instant amazing....Well maybe crushing counter on all sides. But still.

He feels great when you managed to do everything right. Which is a breath of fresh air since no other character has that feel.
he could use some slight tweaks. but nothing ground breaking.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Highlander is a bit different and so how you approach playing with him may take some time for players to get used to.
However, we are very open to feedback right now and once we've had a bit more time to gather feedback and data, we'll be able to take a closer look to see if the problem lies in his lack of power or difficult learning curve and then take steps to address the issue.

You can also post HL/Glad feedback in our special feedback threads (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725463-Season-3-Highlander-Feedback)!