PDA

View Full Version : Centurion honestly is not that op

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:13 PM
I honestly feel like people lose their brains when it comes to centurion. He is a strong character but not op. I judge every character fairly and i am gonna do the same here. Lets take a look at his kit. He thrives off of taking the enemies stamina and being super aggresive. To beat a centurion you have to avoid that and be aggresive your self. I dont have problems beating a centurion because i know what a centurion can and cant do. Usually they open with a kick and follow up with a heavy/light. After a kick the heavy is not guaranteed. so if you dont block it you are an idiot. If he jabs after the blocked heavy then just dodge and guardbreak, its guaranteed damage. If he follows up the light he might stop there but if the does not then the second light is an easy block. Also to beat a centurion, YOU HAVE TO PARRY. If you dont know how to parry then you are gonna get steam rolled by a centurion. If he uses his eagles talons you should parry that and GB. If he charges his heavy, calm down, take a deap breath and parry it, dont panic because you will screw up your parry window and get punished, also dont dodge it, this ability has crazy tracking, the only thing that is "OP" about centurion so parrying is the only reliable way to defend yourself . what every one fails to comprehend is that you actually have to defend your self against a centurion. Also pls CBG, if not you will get wall splated and 3 bars will get taken from your health pool. And one more thing, keep in mind that you will not beat every centurion you face. If the centurion your going up against can parry pk lights then dont expect to win and that goes for every character. if you need any more help ill be glad to help. I have 8 reps on my centurion so i know how to play him and play against him.

Specialkha
08-23-2017, 02:15 PM
You are just saying git gud? What a wall of text for that. And that wall of text could use more spacing, what a chore to read.

Kaijudub
08-23-2017, 02:18 PM
does this forum have a facepalm smiley?

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:22 PM
if by git gud you mean learn how to parry dodge and block then yeah. Im just trying to stress that people complain about centurion without using all the tools avaiable to them

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
does this forum have a facepalm smiley?

Why would you need that? everything i mentioned here i gave a way to counter. If you cant parry, cgb, or dodge then why are you playing this game

Specialkha
08-23-2017, 02:25 PM
And still those wall splat combo or light pary punish damage are good according to you? And you do not find that the centurion is too overwhelming to mostplayers since he has far more mix ups than any other character in the game (more or less the same for glad)?

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:29 PM
And still those wall splat combo or light pary punish damage are good according to you? And you do not find that the centurion is too overwhelming to mostplayers since he has far more mix ups than any other character in the game (more or less the same for glad)?

Any character that can parry lights will beat you. Not just centurion. Have you fought a warlord who just parries your lights and does the parry counter? your constantly oos and cant do anything. And yes his wall splats are good according to me. If bezerker can deal 90 dmg on a oos knock down then centurions wall splat is fine.

Draghmar
08-23-2017, 02:30 PM
To beat a centurion you have to avoid that and be aggresive your self.
And getting parried into oblivion? :)

If you dont know how to parry then you are gonna get steam rolled by a centurion.
Lol

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:33 PM
And getting parried into oblivion? :)

Lol

You do realize that you can be aggresive and not be parried right? For example with conq, use the SB, it is not punishble by gb if you miss and if you land it its a guarenteed light. If your playing LB then go shove 50/50

Draghmar
08-23-2017, 02:37 PM
Great...so if you do spam SB by Conq or spam shove by LB then you may get something. That's really great design, don't you think? :) And what about other characters?
Your aggressive is just spamming cheesy moves and it's not the solution. Actually it proves you're wrong.

Specialkha
08-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Except that to be knock down, the zerk need to GB you (nearly impossible from neutral stance), meaning, he has to parry you. Easy counter, do not attack a zerk when you are OOS.

A cent can just parry you while you are trying to kill him and destroy you.

Cajin203
08-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Nerf cent please, this guy is only talking from his ***.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:43 PM
Great...so if you do spam SB by Conq or spam shove by LB then you may get something. That's really great design, don't you think? :) And what about other characters?
Your aggressive is just spamming cheesy moves and it's not the solution. Actually it proves you're wrong.

Or you could just do i what normally do, punish, parry his heavies dodge what needs to be dodged, interupt his Unblock ables and beat him that way. I beat almost every centurion i face because once you actually learn his kit he is not really that hard, unless they show skill as a player who knows the fundementals of the game. how about insted of complaining that he is op you actually learn how to counter? because the devs dont seem to wanna nerf him so its up to the players. if they wanna keep loosing because the character is "op" or if they wanna step up and actually over come the obstacle.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Nerf cent please, this guy is only talking from his ***.

you clearly dont know how to parry or dodge by this statement.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Except that to be knock down, the zerk need to GB you (nearly impossible from neutral stance), meaning, he has to parry you. Easy counter, do not attack a zerk when you are OOS.

A cent can just parry you while you are trying to kill him and destroy you.

im pretty sure that you know that parrying drains stamina. if your stam is low enough then a parry from a zerk will put you in oos, therefore setting you up for the combo.

Kaijudub
08-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Not sure if OP is trolling or not.

Specialkha
08-23-2017, 02:52 PM
You then just need to care for your stam and do not be too aggressive. While a cent just to parry you to 100-0 you.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Not sure if OP is trolling or not.

im being pretty serious but its clear that you are not, you didnt even give me an explanation to why im wrong and your right. any thing that is somewhat decent this community wants to nerf it to the ground.

Cajin203
08-23-2017, 02:56 PM
you clearly dont know how to parry or dodge by this statement.You clearly have no idea what you talking about with this class. Even all of my RL buddy's talk about how OP the cent is and we play alot. It's kinda hard to fight back at a cent with my stamina ALWAYS at nothing from his drain.
Just please stop kidding yourself and just admit that your playing flavor of the month just to be OP and then when that nerf hammer comes down upon the cent all of the cent "mains" and yourself are going to be whinning on the forums because the cent will be balance like all the rest.
Enjoy it while you can because balancing will be coming.

S0Mi_xD
08-23-2017, 02:57 PM
I honestly feel like people lose their brains when it comes to centurion. He is a strong character but not op. I judge every character fairly and i am gonna do the same here. Lets take a look at his kit. He thrives off of taking the enemies stamina and being super aggresive. To beat a centurion you have to avoid that and be aggresive your self. I dont have problems beating a centurion because i know what a centurion can and cant do. Usually they open with a kick and follow up with a heavy/light. After a kick the heavy is not guaranteed. so if you dont block it you are an idiot. If he jabs after the blocked heavy then just dodge and guardbreak, its guaranteed damage. If he follows up the light he might stop there but if the does not then the second light is an easy block. Also to beat a centurion, YOU HAVE TO PARRY. If you dont know how to parry then you are gonna get steam rolled by a centurion. If he uses his eagles talons you should parry that and GB. If he charges his heavy, calm down, take a deap breath and parry it, dont panic because you will screw up your parry window and get punished, also dont dodge it, this ability has crazy tracking, the only thing that is "OP" about centurion so parrying is the only reliable way to defend yourself . what every one fails to comprehend is that you actually have to defend your self against a centurion. Also pls CBG, if not you will get wall splated and 3 bars will get taken from your health pool. And one more thing, keep in mind that you will not beat every centurion you face. If the centurion your going up against can parry pk lights then dont expect to win and that goes for every character. if you need any more help ill be glad to help. I have 8 reps on my centurion so i know how to play him and play against him.

At first ... pleaaaase, spacing ... reading this wall gives me motion sickness ~_~.

And yes, theoretically you are right - you can parry, you can dodge but you can use this phrases against every hero....
Pratically it isn't that easy.
Also i do not say he is OP, he is beatable. But centurion is unfairly strong compared to other heroes.
There are things that need some changes about him.

- normal jabs splashing enemies against a wall, thats one of the biggest problems - why?
Because it allows such ridiculous combos, also those combos drain the enemies stamina instantly

- his softfeint into GB out of charged heavies is so unfair, because the window is much to large - if you are good with centurion, you can wreck people only with this because it is hard to react

- Oh please, a heavy attack that is 600 ms fast and deals 25 dmg? this is light attack speed, you can purely attack with normal heavies, not need to fear parries that much, still deal chip dmg if blocked.

- feinting doesn't cost any stamina - i know many ppl say, "centurion doesn't needs to feint" but i did fight good cents and some of them used feints and it is ridiculous if they feint 4 times in a short time period but only lose 1/6 of their stamina - if i feint 4 times i am nearly out of stamina with my berserker

- his stamina management and stamina dmg in general are abit to extreme.

I am a pretty experienced player, i used centurion the first time 3 days ago in a real fight, just because .. i don't know.. out of curiositiy.
Against a really good player, and i wreck him, just by using things i saw centurion players do.
I won with Berserker and Centurion, but i did MUCH more mistakes with Centurion because i am not experienced with him, and put in not even 20% of the effort, i needed with Berserker and I do play Berserker since release.

Centurion is much easier to play, he can punish enemies much easier and better.
I could even parry better with centurion then Berserker, because i don't need to fear that much with Centurion - i could relaxe with him.
If the enemy does an action, just heavy, it will be faster most of the time, then mix up.

Draghmar
08-23-2017, 02:58 PM
Or you could just do i what normally do, punish, parry his heavies dodge what needs to be dodged, interupt his Unblock ables and beat him that way. I beat almost every centurion i face because once you actually learn his kit he is not really that hard, unless they show skill as a player who knows the fundementals of the game. how about insted of complaining that he is op you actually learn how to counter? because the devs dont seem to wanna nerf him so its up to the players. if they wanna keep loosing because the character is "op" or if they wanna step up and actually over come the obstacle.
So basically your attitude is 'git gut'. :) Great elitism. And I didn't said he's OP. I just laughed on some of your arguments like 'git gut' and 'just dodge'. I didn't even state that I loose to him. I just find Cent annoying and not fun to play against (be aware - it's my opinion). Also I found that active playing against him is very risky because of how easy he can punish you. Of course I've excluded your spamming cheesy moves from this.

Edit: Also what S0Mi_xD said. ;)

Kaijudub
08-23-2017, 02:59 PM
im being pretty serious but its clear that you are not, you didnt even give me an explanation to why im wrong and your right. Any thing that is somewhat decent this community wants to nerf it to the ground.

the entire community is calling for nerfs, are you stuck in 1985?

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 03:00 PM
You clearly have no idea what you talking about with this class. Even all of my RL buddy's talk about how OP the cent is and we play alot. It's kinda hard to fight back at a cent with my stamina ALWAYS at nothing from his drain.
Just please stop kidding yourself and just admit that your playing flavor of the month just to be OP and then when that nerf hammer comes down upon the cent all of the cent "mains" and yourself are going to be whinning on the forums because the cent will be balance like all the rest.
Enjoy it while you can because balancing will be coming.

lol why would i care if they nerf cent? if he becomes unplayable ill just play 1 of the other 6 heros that i play. I dont whinne about something thats balanced or even op, i just try to learn how to counter. which is not something that your fond of. Even if he were op, are you just gonna sit back and whinne or actually try to learn how to beat a cent? If i were you i would try to take the second option.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 03:03 PM
the entire community is calling for nerfs, are you stuck in 1985?

so basically what you are saying is that just becuase every one is saying something that means its true? lol, So if every one were to say that the zerk is far more broken than any other hero would it be true? And you still have failed to give me a proper explanation on why your right. Provide an explanation and then ill take you serously.

Kaijudub
08-23-2017, 03:07 PM
so basically what you are saying is that just becuase every one is saying something that means its true? lol, So if every one were to say that the zerk is far more broken than any other hero would it be true? And you still have failed to give me a proper explanation on why your right. Provide an explanation and then ill take you serously.

But Zerker isn't broken so people won't say that.

Normally if everyone is shouting something theres usually some weight behind it. It's not my job to give you an explanation when theres 3billion plus threads about cent and his issues on this forum. Google is your friend, my friend.

Understand that you've started a new account to pipe up and say Cent's not op, in a world where cent is considered op. The comedy here isn't created by me.

Gakboi_HS
08-23-2017, 03:12 PM
But Zerker isn't broken so people won't say that.

Normally if everyone is shouting something theres usually some weight behind it. It's not my job to give you an explanation when theres 3billion plus threads about cent and his issues on this forum. Google is your friend, my friend.

Understand that you've started a new account to pipe up and say Cent's not op, in a world where cent is considered op. The comedy here isn't created by me.

im giving my honestly opinion. I dont struggle very much against a regular cent. The only cents that beat me are the ones who can consisently parry my lights, which are rare on console. It seems that im the only one here can can beat cents regularly.

Kaijudub
08-23-2017, 03:16 PM
im giving my honestly opinion. I dont struggle very much against a regular cent. The only cents that beat me are the ones who can consisently parry my lights, which are rare on console. It seems that im the only one here can can beat cents regularly.

Theres a cookie waiting for you at the exit.

GG

Antonioj26
08-23-2017, 03:21 PM

You're not the only one but you have to realize the forum is mostly casuals. The two guys who I know off the top of my head who have done well in competitions (aarpian, rikuto) have pretty much said that only his light parry punish and wallsplat are the only things he has going for him.

Cajin203
08-23-2017, 03:32 PM
lol why would i care if they nerf cent? if he becomes unplayable ill just play 1 of the other 6 heros that i play. I dont whinne about something thats balanced or even op, i just try to learn how to counter. which is not something that your fond of. Or you learn to play the next OP thing?

kbvlcvfkhgc
08-23-2017, 03:52 PM
So basically as long as you don’t make any mistakes, be super aggressive but don’t get parried or run out of stamina, Just Dodge™ the Centurion onslaught, don’t allow yourself ever to get boxed in or near a wall or ledge you’ll be fine, Wow thanks for the great advice?

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 12:53 AM
Just a gentle reminder that everyone is welcome to express their own opinions freely here. You're also free to disagree, but if you're going to disagree, do it in a constructive manner and with respect.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 01:26 AM
Just a gentle reminder that everyone is welcome to express their own opinions freely here. You're also free to disagree, but if you're going to disagree, do it in a constructive manner and with respect.

Respect doesn't go well with patience. At first, discussions were civil, but it's taking so damn long to nerf the Centurion that respect got thrown out of the window a long time ago.

Nerf him already for god sake.

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 01:39 AM
Respect doesn't go well with patience. At first, discussions were civil, but it's taking so damn long to nerf the Centurion that respect got thrown out of the window a long time ago.

I can understand that your patience is wearing thin, and that your frustration needs a place to be vented. But I want to be explicitly clear that disrespect towards other community members will not be tolerated. Don't take your frustrations out on your fellow players. Just don't.

If you want to vent, fine. We've always been here to listen and take your frustrations without reproach (unless you seriously cross the line). But you can't use lack of patience as an excuse to belittle the opinions of others.

I hope I've made myself clear.

kweassa1
08-24-2017, 02:04 AM

You're saying that...

- as if everyone agrees that the cent is OP
- as if anyone remotely competitive would every agree with the incessant whines and tantrums demanding the Cent be nerfed to oblivion
- as if the developers -- knowing that there is no clear consensus on the Cent issue -- not nerfing the Centurion any further, is a bad thing.

You're right on one thing though. Respect is out the window -- except in this case, its the respect for scrubs and newbies that have been thrown out the window.... since very unfortunately, time and time again, it has been proven that they will blindly believe in any number of lies, misdirection, and uncorroborated information about the Centurion to satisfy their fantasy that "it's not my fault I keep losing, but it's the class that's OP".

But then again, this has been going on for the last 20 years in the PvP world. So I'm not exactly surprised.

Scrubs blame balance, and the sun rises fro the East.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 02:22 AM
Correct he's not over powered (as far as 1v1 is concerned) Can't comment on 4v4.
HOWEVER he has one of if not the best parry punishes along with a few other solid ones, THE best wall splat punish, and many options that...while they don't give a lot and most are not really safe just adds to the pile of things a player has to learn.

I would say that even as a centurion main he's more frustrating than OP (if we take his entire kit into perspective) but the fact that he has some of the hardest hitting punishes out there in the current defensive meta we exist in it does make him a lot better than most other kits. If he actually had a solid opener he'd probably be the best hero in the game for 1v1 not counting unlock tech obviously.

Overall they just need to get rid of the defensive meta. From there they can slim down the sheer options he has, buff the rest of his kit, nerf his overall damage on combos, and fix his stamina cost on feinting since it's bugged at the moment.

UnhappyLawbro
08-24-2017, 02:31 AM
Rather than nerfing the Cent, there should be a buff to some other characters like Conq who have too few options.

Cent might be deadly in a good player's hand, but I've killed countless players using Cent by now, and as far as I can remember, I haven't lost a single time to a Cent except in Dominion (but plenty times to Gladiator yet I'm not screaming nerf nerf!), and honestly, in so many matches of Dominion, I think there is only once where there were 2 Cents in one match, not even that many people use him, probably because of this bad reputation and negative stigma.

So I really haven't noticed how OP he is. I guess I haven't met the right (or should I say wrong) person with Cent, but then again, if it must take a really good player who knows what he's doing for the Cent to be OP, I don't really see the problem.

Just my two cents.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 02:31 AM
Correct he's not over powered (as far as 1v1 is concerned) Can't comment on 4v4.

I 100% agree with you, he's fine in 1v1. The problem has always been his performance in 4v4.

Keeping a hero fine in 1v1 is no reason to destroy a whole gamemode when 2+ Centurion are against you. It saps all the fun out of that game mode.

kweassa1
08-24-2017, 02:34 AM
HOWEVER he has one of if not the best parry punishes along with a few other solid ones, THE best wall splat punish, and many options that...while they don't give a lot and most are not really safe just adds to the pile of things a player has to learn.

I would say that even as a centurion main he's more frustrating than OP (if we take his entire kit into perspective) but the fact that he has some of the hardest hitting punishes out there in the current defensive meta we exist in it does make him a lot better than most other kits. If he actually had a solid opener he'd probably be the best hero in the game for 1v1 not counting unlock tech obviously.

Overall they just need to get rid of the defensive meta. From there they can slim down the sheer options he has, buff the rest of his kit, nerf his overall damage on combos, and fix his stamina cost on feinting since it's bugged at the moment.

Yep, as per the long and productive discussion you and I had in the PTS2 forum. Nobody's saying he's perfect.

But the thing is, what really ticks me off is all this charade, all this "pretending" as if these 'strong points' in the centurion are what make people lose, and what frustrates them... In reality, it's not. People simply use it as a scapegoat, a facade to mask their own failures which in usual cases has nothing to do with the Cent's strongpoints.

No sir, most of these complaints spring up from basic stuff, just like the Valkyrie user that uploaded the video footage a few days before. Just see how much of the "regular whiners" that jump on board to exaggerate and bloat up the bad-rep when the cent in the vid didn't even use any of his 'strong points' at all, and just used two basic moves which the guy had no clue how to handle.

So I can make you a square bet that the devs could adequately nerf out the exact points you and I have made in past discussions about the cent's problems -- and the exact same people will still be whining about the exact same stuff. Because to those idioits, this really isn't about balance at all.

Butonfly
08-24-2017, 02:38 AM
Any character that can parry lights will beat you. Not just centurion. Have you fought a warlord who just parries your lights and does the parry counter? your constantly oos and cant do anything. And yes his wall splats are good according to me. If bezerker can deal 90 dmg on a oos knock down then centurions wall splat is fine.

Berserker has only a single way to directly drain stamina, and that requires a guard break. Even then the amount of stamina drain is minuscule. Even still, you'd need to guard break an out of stamina target to knock them prone to be able to deal the damage.

There is zero comparison between Berserker and Centurion. You're talking about Apples and Oilcans.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 02:55 AM

This whole argument is again, someone saying he's fine in 1v1. And as everyone asking for a Centurion nerf has said numerous time, Centurion is fine in 1v1.

The problem is 4v4. The Centurion is completely broken in 4v4. A single pin from your "dead camera angle" and you're dead. Not a single other character in the game (other than Shugoki's Demon Embrace which is a lot harder to land) can do that. Not one single character has the ability to stunlock you while other people chain attacks on you without breaking the stun.

Wake up people, we are not saying he's overpowered in 1v1. He's overpowered in 4v4.

It baffles me that because Ubisoft doesn'T want to nerf him in 1v1, they are willing to completely disregard how unfun and broken he is in 4v4.

ArchDukeInstinct
08-24-2017, 02:59 AM
Yeah guys, you just parry and if he parries you and does 50-80% of your health in one combo while you do way less, then you just don't do attacks that can be parried, DUH

Butonfly
08-24-2017, 03:15 AM
So here's what I'm reading from the pro-centurion team.

If you can't beat Centurion then your opinions are not valid if they're negative toward Centurion. It's purely a L2P issue. Git Gud. You're a scrub.

So does that mean if a player can beat Centurion, whether in a 1v1, or 1v2, if he descents and says there is something wrong with Centurion (not necessarily that he's OP, but still something wrong) and changes should be made to improve the game due to his place in it, then that position is valid?

I've seen a lot of scrubs (and by scrub I mean a player who can't recognize or accept his own shortcomings as a player). But on the topic of Centurion I've seen far, far more legitimate players (not scrubs) who still express underlying issues with Centurion that they seem to suggest would be better for the game as a whole if they were addressed.

In other words, you have reasonable players making valid claims about a game they know well, and love. Then you have another group who can't seem to hear the issues being raised, and responding to straw men, or targeting the odd scrub to burn, then justifying themselves as right.

Seems a little unproductive.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:24 AM

If you can't beat Centurion then your opinions are not valid if they're negative toward Centurion. It's purely a L2P issue. Git Gud. You're a scrub.

So does that mean if a player can beat Centurion, whether in a 1v1, or 1v2, if he descents and says there is something wrong with Centurion (not necessarily that he's OP, but still something wrong) and changes should be made to improve the game due to his place in it, then that position is valid?

I've seen a lot of scrubs (and by scrub I mean a player who can't recognize or accept his own shortcomings as a player). But on the topic of Centurion I've seen far, far more legitimate players (not scrubs) who still express underlying issues with Centurion that they seem to suggest would be better for the game as a whole if they were addressed.

In other words, you have reasonable players making valid claims about a game they know well, and love. Then you have another group who can't seem to hear the issues being raised, and responding to straw men, or targeting the odd scrub to burn, then justifying themselves as right.

The fact is sinple. Most of the ppl play the role of the ******ed.

Claiming a fact about one class, doesn't mean I cannot beat that class.

Claiming that WL is broken, doesn't mean i never killed a WL. But people know it, just act like they don't to enhance their POV towards others forum members.

Centurion is not fine, woudn't be fine even if Roman himself would come here and saying that he is indeed fine.

But that means that we want nerfed him to the ground ? I don't, because the people would just jump to Warlord, and nothing really would have changed.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Centurion is only OP in group settings and in that sense so are a number of other heroes.

Centurion 1v1 is middle of the pack in terms of viability & is only top tier in 1v1s if a wall is near by.

People just can't bring themselves to admit that the problem lies with THEM not the hero.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:00 AM
Centurion is only OP in group settings and in that sense so are a number of other heroes.

Centurion 1v1 is middle of the pack in terms of viability & is only top tier in 1v1s if a wall is near by.

People just can't bring themselves to admit that the problem lies with THEM not the hero.

THese type of BS missed me for these 3 months, ty for this.

I really hope Ubi pays you a resonable amount of cash for saying these fake statements in a public forum. If you doit for free, you have serious problems.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 04:10 AM

The problem is the valid claims are parroted by everyone and then the people who are "scrubs" throw their invalid claims on top and try to mix it in with the issues that can't be avoidable or are too strong.

Seems like the general consensus amongst non scrubs is that his light parry punish is too strong, and wall punish is too strong. I hear more people than not say his stamina pool is too high which I agree, but then it goes to "you can be combo'd to death and can't do anything to defend yourself!" Or "one mistake and I might as well put my controller down!"

The videos you posted in the other thread are the perfect example. You had clearly made mistakes in your video, and when pointed out you took a sarcastic tone. You Then accused me of not knowing your argument or something to that effect. If you weren't posting the videos to complain about how you died then what other reason would you post them?

I'm legitametly asking I'm not trying to argue. The discussion centered around if centurion is over powered or not so any videos posted would either be to showcase why centurion is overpowered or how to show how to counter the centurion. Anything else would be irrelevant. From the tone of the videos, title, and the response that followed it's safe to say that they were to showcase why centurion is overpowered. If that's not the case then please explain what you were going for because I can't see why else you post them if it wasn't because you had a gripe with how you died.

Knight_Raime
08-24-2017, 04:19 AM

Well it's not exactly helpful that a majority of those people who are loud and proud about how much they dislike centurion make claims that simply are not true. I don't believe anyone is defending how good he can punish people or the sheer amount of options he has.

I've only ever been out spoken about centurion nerfs in the past because most people think he's some god tier hero that can accomplish anything. When in reality people haven't learned all of what he can and can't do. And everyone is focused on his wall punish and his damage from parries.

Centurion parries and wall punishes aside only has his heavy/soft feint mix up as a viable tool and even that is handled well against some players i've fought. He does have a bug on his stamina consuption actually. He currently doesn't pay the same amount of stamina to feint as other heros do. Which should be fixed.

I'm rambling.

Point is there are bad people on both sides. But we all for the most part can agree that some aspects of his current state should change.

HumoLoco
08-24-2017, 04:45 AM
Pretty sure. Centurion is easy to deal with any heroes. Any heroes CAN beat centurion in 1v3 at their best. I love see 4 centurion on other team in 4v4, yet i can handle them with my Orochi, Gladiator, and Raider but my team are totally suck and cant handle them sadly.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 05:17 AM
THese type of BS missed me for these 3 months, ty for this.

I really hope Ubi pays you a resonable amount of cash for saying these fake statements in a public forum. If you doit for free, you have serious problems.

Once again.

For what seems like the 1,000th time.

Just because YOU guys have issues with him 1v1 doesn't mean EVERYONE does.

Butonfly
08-24-2017, 06:25 AM
The problem is the valid claims are parroted by everyone and then the people who are "scrubs" throw their invalid claims on top and try to mix it in with the issues that can't be avoidable or are too strong.

Seems like the general consensus amongst non scrubs is that his light parry punish is too strong, and wall punish is too strong. I hear more people than not say his stamina pool is too high which I agree, but then it goes to "you can be combo'd to death and can't do anything to defend yourself!" Or "one mistake and I might as well put my controller down!"

The videos you posted in the other thread are the perfect example. You had clearly made mistakes in your video, and when pointed out you took a sarcastic tone. You Then accused me of not knowing your argument or something to that effect. If you weren't posting the videos to complain about how you died then what other reason would you post them?

I'm legitametly asking I'm not trying to argue. The discussion centered around if centurion is over powered or not so any videos posted would either be to showcase why centurion is overpowered or how to show how to counter the centurion. Anything else would be irrelevant. From the tone of the videos, title, and the response that followed it's safe to say that they were to showcase why centurion is overpowered. If that's not the case then please explain what you were going for because I can't see why else you post them if it wasn't because you had a gripe with how you died.

I prefer this tone, it suits you! : D

There was no stated point to the videos. Though the thinking was that everyone would look at and take from it what they would. I will say that, at the time of play, I knew the risk involved in the charging attack resulting in the parry and was playing off the LoS of the terrain. He caught it, ohwell, **** happens.

The "sarcasm" was rhetoric, purely being employed to hack away at the demonstrable anti-social attitudes that were running wild in the thread. I'm all for lecturing from the school of Playing to Win when scrubs are in class, but when there's a bunch of bullies around, it's just as good to cut them down to size in a fun and humorous way. I was entertained regardless : D

Like I said, you had a good point to be made, and you made it. Unfortunately for you and others in the same or similar 'camp', it was so covered in vitriol no one was going to listen to you anyway. But hey! That's life, and we're all learning unless we're resigning ourselves to general scrubbery.

The last and most important note: There may be consensus on a few things that need "nerfing" (wall splats, stamina pool etc), and there is always a L2P element. However, the main complaint I've read since the drop of Season 2, the one that has consistently been raised and never refuted, is that it's "not fun" fighting Centurion, and that the game is "less fun" having Centurion in it. The reasons as to why may differ, but the overall conclusion has been the same. This statement has been made by poor players and good. Scrubs and veterans. Never, in all of For Honor history has any Hero produced anywhere near the same caliber of universal negativity that Centurion has (based on my following of community feedback in the various forums since release). You can look at hp and stamina numbers all day long, but the sheer degree of player feedback says something profound.

The best thing about Centurion is it taught Ubi how not to make a Hero. Kind of like how Hiroshima and Nagasaki told us not to drop anymore Nukes. Highlander is a sign they could add in cool new stuff without the ******** that ruins the fun of the game for players.

If people can't recognize and acknowledge these kinds of distinctions, I'm sorry for you.

CrunaCross
08-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Centurion is not "fine". It was never fine. Balancing the game is a requirement if they don't want to make Ranked a joke (maybe that's why it takes too long because they know it's a joke). All the better players completely agree about centurion being broken now it doesn't matter if sime people want to cover up their win button even if everybody knows the problem around centurion. If something gets most of the advantages of all the classes, with few disadvantages and having HIGH stamina damage, HIGH damage, HIGH combos and so on it becomes a problem. One way to balance him is pick one: Let him have high damage but he shouldn't take off the opponent's stamina so easilly. Or have high stamina damage but far less actual damage. It's a character that has everything.

Now I don't have a problem with people who play centurion. It's not their fault that the devs chose to leave Centurion as it is. They just play a game and they like to win. I have a feeling that they simply didn't touch centurion because of the popularity among the lower skill players. Because YES if you need higher skill to beat a centurion opponent. basically at the same skill lever Centurion wins almost guaranteed. No question about it. And that is a problem.

JeansenVaars
08-24-2017, 06:51 AM
Centurion is not balanced. You can beat him 1v1 if you get its timing and you are far from a wall. But, it punishes like not any other character can on your mistake. One mistake, and boom, you're out of stamina and 40% health less.

On Dominion, which is what most people play, is scaring newcomers and long players away from the game. Two centurions in a team can be pretty fun-ruining if they coordinate well enough.

Personally, I find very annoying his auto-aim capabilities, and his top heavy travelling 50 miles in straight line.

As I said, it is not impossible to kill him, but can ruin all the fun easily.

Just look at a couple videos on youtube youll find most duels are against centurions, and there's lots of trouble not making a single mistake.

JV

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Centurion is not "fine". It was never fine. Balancing the game is a requirement if they don't want to make Ranked a joke (maybe that's why it takes too long because they know it's a joke). All the better players completely agree about centurion being broken now it doesn't matter if sime people want to cover up their win button even if everybody knows the problem around centurion. If something gets most of the advantages of all the classes, with few disadvantages and having HIGH stamina damage, HIGH damage, HIGH combos and so on it becomes a problem. One way to balance him is pick one: Let him have high damage but he shouldn't take off the opponent's stamina so easilly. Or have high stamina damage but far less actual damage. It's a character that has everything.

Now I don't have a problem with people who play centurion. It's not their fault that the devs chose to leave Centurion as it is. They just play a game and they like to win. I have a feeling that they simply didn't touch centurion because of the popularity among the lower skill players. Because YES if you need higher skill to beat a centurion opponent. basically at the same skill lever Centurion wins almost guaranteed. No question about it. And that is a problem.

I like how people went from "You are wrong" to now its "The good players know Centurion is OP and if you don't agree then you are a bad player"

lol

Is he strong? Yes.

Is he VERY good in a group? Yes.

Is he "OP"? No.

He can be countered. He can be stopped. Just because YOU have issues fighting him doesn't mean everyone does. There have been many people come out and point his weaknesses and ways to counter him to which you people either respond "NUH UH" or acuse them of trolling.

You claim there is no way to stop him yet when people try to explain how you tell them to stfu.

You don't want answers you guys just want to complain until he is nerfed.

CrunaCross
08-24-2017, 07:11 AM
Well that's my opinion, also shared by a majority of the community. You can take it for what it is. I can beat centurions of course. And I know that I'm atleast twice better because it requires twice the work from my part. That's all.

SO:

Is he strong? Yes.

Is he "OP"? Yes.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Well that's my opinion, also shared by a majority of the community. You can take it for what it is. I can beat centurions of course. And I know that I'm atleast twice better because it requires twice the work from my part. That's all.

SO:

Is he strong? Yes.

Is he "OP"? Yes.

Well you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Good thing the devs disagree though.

Butonfly
08-24-2017, 07:30 AM
Actually it'd be easier to argue that Centurion is OP than not. But to do that people would have to start making more refined distinctions which, from what I've seen, isnt something members of this community are fluent with. Balancing is a nuanced task, and someone could take exception with any number of finer points to justify a claim of imbalance. Take balancing for skill as an example. There are a number of foo strategies across various heroes in For Honor, but Centurion has the strongest and most numerous number of foo strategies in the game. One reason why he's pointed out as both a "Noob stomper" and a "Character for Noobs".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

S.J.Lannister
08-24-2017, 08:23 AM

Let me translate it:

Hello Dear Warriors,

I am a Centurion player. In season 1 I got no luck using others characters. Everyone were ganking me or turtling around... Then Season 2 came and my win rate with it. Don't nerf Centurion, I want forget Season 1. Let put past behind us and think about bright Centurion future.

To be honest compared to Vanilla Heroes he is op. He is God Punisher. That is a fact.

kweassa1
08-24-2017, 08:27 AM
To be honest compared to Vanilla Heroes he is op. He is God Punisher. That is a fact.

That's actually incorrect.If you really want to be "honest", you'll probably need to rephrase it:

- "To be honest compared to Vanilla Heroes that I play, he is op"

So yes, its a fact that he is 'OP' when you fight against him. Fortunately, those facts apply only to you, not to other people. To most others, he's just another class to fight and beat... since most of the so-called "OP" stuff are usually merely basic stuff that can be countered easily with practice.

Tyrjo
08-24-2017, 08:44 AM
Another Centurion main apologizing. Everything in the original posters post can be refuted so easily. Parry a Centurion? The first problem with that is that his chain side heavys are 500ms, which is really fast, like other hero lights. Secondly, Centurion can feint his heavies into GB, so you never really know if he's really going to let it go or not.

Only green Centurion uses Eagles fury.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 08:58 AM
Can we have the definition of OP?

If OP means class stronger than others, Cent is OP.

Nickeloneon
08-24-2017, 09:08 AM
The problem with Cent isn't that he is undodgeable or un-parriable, it's that he only needs you to make 2 mistakes and can kill you with his long cut scenes of doom, and he doesn't really need to try very hard to accomplish it either.

It's not even situational like zerker's OOS max punish. It's just, at any time, if you get guardbroken, you're pretty much losing half your health and all your stamina.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 09:31 AM
The problem with Cent isn't that he is undodgeable or un-parriable,

Gonna stop you there.

He CAN be dodged

He CAN be parried.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Gonna stop you there.

He CAN be dodged

He CAN be parried.

Gonna stop you there.

Double negative makes an affirmative. He is saying that Cent is dodgeable and parriable. So you should read the rest of his comments.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Gonna stop you there.

Double negative makes an affirmative. He is saying that Cent is dodgeable and parriable. So you should read the rest of his comments.

Thats my bad.

I just generally assume people complaining about Centurion make stuff up in order to complain.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 10:04 AM
In this case, he has a point. 2 mistakes and you are dead against a cent, while he can do mistakes far more than that.

And can we have a definition of OP (Overpowered)?

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 10:29 AM
In this case, he has a point. 2 mistakes and you are dead against a cent, while he can do mistakes far more than that.

And can we have a definition of OP (Overpowered)?

My personal definition of OP is this

"Character/Weapon/Move/Combo/Item that is so obviously better than anything else in the category/game that it would be foolish not to choose and by not choosing it you are putting yourself/Your team behind as a result"

And/Or

"Character/Weapon/Move/Combo/Item that literally CANNOT be stopped, countered, or limited in any way shape or form. Unstoppable in every sense of the word"

Therefore he does not fit into the category of "OP" for me. '

He is top tier in Dominion. Average in 1v1s unless he wallbangs you.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 10:49 AM
You are kinda contradict yourself you know. You say that he is average "unless". So he is not average? Do you know any map without wall? Especially 1v1 map are kinda cramped. Most points on 4v4 map are kinda cramped as well.

He is stronger than most of the cast, and thus OP if we compare it to most of the cast. He may be not OP against cheese tactics or exploits, but who is?

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 10:54 AM
You are kinda contradict yourself you know. You say that he is average "unless". So he is not average? Do you know any map without wall? Especially 1v1 map are kinda cramped. Most points on 4v4 map are kinda cramped as well.

He is stronger than most of the cast, and thus OP if we compare it to most of the cast. He may be not OP against cheese tactics or exploits, but who is?

No i'm not.

The Shugoki can also screw you if there is a wall nearby. Is he "OP"? No he is not.

The Warden can also wall bang the crap outta you? Is he "OP"? No he is not.

Pretty much EVERY SINGLE hero has an instance that makes them exceptional, but that doesn't mean they need to be nerfed.

The Centurion is top tier no doubt, but people want him nerfed rather than asking for other heroes to be buffed. Its asinine.

CandleInTheDark
08-24-2017, 11:05 AM
No i'm not.

The Shugoki can also screw you if there is a wall nearby. Is he "OP"? No he is not.

The Warden can also wall bang the crap outta you? Is he "OP"? No he is not.

Pretty much EVERY SINGLE hero has an instance that makes them exceptional, but that doesn't mean they need to be nerfed.

The Centurion is top tier no doubt, but people want him nerfed rather than asking for other heroes to be buffed. Its asinine.

Pretty much this, when I go into dominion with warden, conqueror or valkyrie, I can tell the people who haven't been in duel or against bots, they are the people I take half the health of against a wall or push off the ledge with three shoves. Sometimes I feel bad for it then I remember that even near a wall I can't get more than one or two against most who have most of their rep points 1v1.

4v4 he needs looking at, crowd control as a whole needs looking at. 1v1, yes his wall game is strong (and the viking village is a hard one to face him in) but every hero has an area they are strong, in my own case, I have been picking up parries against the charged heavy and I have been dodging the punches and kicks and punishing them, whether with a shoulder/shield bash or with an assassin dodge attack and there is just no way he is overpowered 1v1. That is why the devs are trying to fix him in 4v4 without making him trash in 1v1.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 11:06 AM

conqueror is garbage "unless" you rely on heavy attacks from neutral. I guess that means he's OP by your logic.

Centurion is mediocre, but too much of his power is in his light parry punish. Personally I'd like them to nerf his parry punishes and buff his other areas.
What I'd REALLY like is for them to fix defence being so powerful in general and balance accordingly, but they haven't managed to do that in over a year now.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Pretty much this, when I go into dominion with warden, conqueror or valkyrie, I can tell the people who haven't been in duel or against bots, they are the people I take half the health of against a wall or push off the ledge with three shoves. Sometimes I feel bad for it then I remember that even near a wall I can't get more than one or two against most who have most of their rep points 1v1.

4v4 he needs looking at, crowd control as a whole needs looking at. 1v1, yes his wall game is strong (and the viking village is a hard one to face him in) but every hero has an area they are strong, in my own case, I have been picking up parries against the charged heavy and I have been dodging the punches and kicks and punishing them, whether with a shoulder/shield bash or with an assassin dodge attack and there is just no way he is overpowered 1v1. That is why the devs are trying to fix him in 4v4 without making him trash in 1v1.

As usual Candle is the voice of reason lol

S.J.Lannister
08-24-2017, 11:39 AM
That's actually incorrect.If you really want to be "honest", you'll probably need to rephrase it:

- "To be honest compared to Vanilla Heroes that I play, he is op"

So yes, its a fact that he is 'OP' when you fight against him. Fortunately, those facts apply only to you, not to other people. To most others, he's just another class to fight and beat... since most of the so-called "OP" stuff are usually merely basic stuff that can be countered easily with practice.

To most others? Which others? Read this thread again and other Centurion threads aswell. Then count. Most others thinks he needs nerf/balance/fix. Because he needs it.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 12:04 PM
To most others? Which others? Read this thread again and other Centurion threads aswell. Then count. Most others thinks he needs nerf/balance/fix. Because he needs it.

Can't tell if you are trolling or just very dense.

People on the forums do not = the playerbase

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 12:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Mz3LNfVU9zaHS/giphy.gif

balanced :rolleyes:

S.J.Lannister
08-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Can't tell if you are trolling or just very dense.

People on the forums do not = the playerbase

Yes but it is some kind of mirror. Do you have any proof that most others are saying that Centurion is okay, another class to beat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf8WCfVITQ - just watch first fight. Of course Gladiator there made some mistakes. But what I want to say is Centurion is OP, not because he is not punishable. Centurion is OP because he is so God Punisher and other characters at the same player skill level are not equal.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Yes but it is some kind of mirror. Do you have any proof that most others are saying that Centurion is okay, another class to beat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNf8WCfVITQ - just watch first fight. Of course Gladiator there made some mistakes. But what I want to say is Centurion is OP, not because he is not punishable. Centurion is OP because he is so God Punisher and other characters at the same player skill level are not equal.

If developers decided to remove all walls from the game, centurion might be pretty balanced then :D

But currently the fact is that centurion can straight up kill 9 out of 14 heroes with one uninterruptible wall combo, and leave the rest at 10% hp.

One mistake is all it takes, if you get parried or grabed and thrown into the wall, you can put the controller down, because

http://i.imgur.com/PvQI8jR.png

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:05 PM

balanced :rolleyes:

OH MAN LET ME CHERRY PICK A GIF

OH MAN LET ME CHERRY PICK SOME MORE

If the Centurion was as OP as you people were trying to claim and then on top of that the FULL MIGHT OF THE PLAYERBASE all of them agreeing with you as you seem to pretend agreed with you.........you seriously think the Dev team would ignore ALL OF THAT????

Really? No.

The imaginary "Majority" you are referencing doesn't exist and your attempts at "SEE THIS OP DUH" is just sad. I could cherry pick a million different fights to make ANY CLASS seem OP. Its not that hard.

You people have trouble with the Centurion and thats unfortunate, but please don't bend facts and reality to fit your complaints.

S.J.Lannister
08-24-2017, 01:09 PM

If the Centurion was as OP as you people were trying to claim and then on top of that the FULL MIGHT OF THE PLAYERBASE all of them agreeing with you as you seem to pretend agreed with you.........you seriously think the Dev team would ignore ALL OF THAT????

Really?

Oh I forgot that Devs are perfect. I forgot that heroes are balanced and wasn't nerfed to the ground (Shinobi). Also they would not ignore connectivity problem in all 3 seasons.

DrinkinMyStella
08-24-2017, 01:13 PM
everyone should know by now how to play against a cent, stay away from walls, watch out for the GB and don't dodge too much. Im a rep 11 cent and I face players who make him look underpowered, they CGB, parry any unblockables and they dodge at the right time. ok his CC can be overwhelming with another cent but they already said his pin is getting a nerf which was the problem before. I think highlander is OP, just spams heavies and unblockables and grabs you when your trying to get out of a gank and with his hyper armour you really haver to time your moves properly.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Oh I forgot that Devs are perfect. I forgot that heroes are balanced and wasn't nerfed to the ground (Shinobi). Also they would not ignore connectivity problem in all 3 seasons.

1) No one said the Devs are perfect

2) No one ever said all the heroes need to be on the same plain. Its a fighting game. There will be high tiers and low tiers.

3) Shinobi is still viable if you know how to play

4) Connectivity for me and MANY others has never been better

5) Stop deflecting from the topic at hand

So keep trying to complain if you want. Maybe nubs will belive you, but anyone who knows ANYTHING about the game will see thru your BS

S.J.Lannister
08-24-2017, 01:17 PM
1) No one said the Devs are perfect

2) Shinobi is still viable if you know how to play

3) Connectivity for me and MANY others has never been better

4) Stop deflecting from the topic at hand

So keep trying.

I'll just respect your opinion :) If you think that Centurion is just okay - okay. If your connectivity has never been better I'm happy for you :)

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:20 PM
I'll just respect your opinion :) If you think that Centurion is just okay - okay. If your connectivity has never been better I'm happy for you :)

Just so you know I edited my post

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Really? No.

The imaginary "Majority" you are referencing doesn't exist and your attempts at "SEE THIS OP DUH" is just sad. I could cherry pick a million different fights to make ANY CLASS seem OP. Its not that hard.

You people have trouble with the Centurion and thats unfortunate, but please don't bend facts and reality to fit your complaints.

Good to see that half a year later you're still a muppet :rolleyes:

Saying that me "cherry picking" a GIF of a combo that can be done with 100% accuracy by literally anyone is somehow not proof that centurion wall combo is game-breaking, is like saying that cherry picking the picture of the "blue marble" is not proof that the Earth is round.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/018/489/nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Ya goof :confused:

And "stay away from walls" is the most brain damaged argument I have ever heard in my life, some maps in for honor (most notably the bridge in 1v1" makes it impossible to not be near a wall. There's a wall, a rock or a solid object that you can be thrown into for a stagger on every single map, and just a few meters away at all times.

I have a rep 8 centurion, I like to call him "big easy wallbangerr", for obvious reasons :D

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 01:31 PM
all combo is game-breaking, is like saying that cherry picking the picture of the "blue marble" is not proof that the Earth is round

I don't think you realize how dumb that argument is.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:33 PM

Calling video evidence dumb is the new black amirite :rolleyes:

Also you missed the W

Ianoneshot
08-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Yes! Finally someone agrees with me!

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:36 PM

Careful.

Apparently if you point out the hole in their logic they get upset.

Just nod your head. Nod your your head and take comfort in the fact their wailing will amount to nothing.

https://m.popkey.co/7538ab/Ao5ew.gif

andyypandyyy
08-24-2017, 01:38 PM
I'm a rep 5 cent and i say just make him as slow as Lawbringer, tho while im at it they should make shinobi slower with his attacks, InB4GitGud because apparently if you say someones too fast you're told to "get good parry guard break" etc but if its cent its "hes too OP" yes hes quick, yes he'll destroy you for any single slight mistake you make so just make him super slow, maybe as slow as shugoki problem solved

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Careful.

Just nod your head. Nod your your head and take comfort in the fact their wailing will amount to nothing.

And you would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for this meddling GIF

oooops , damn you video evidence! :rolleyes:

On the other hand, video evidence is a great tool for debunking muppets and their imaginary narratives :rolleyes:

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 01:43 PM

Really? No.

Took them more than 5 months to fix def meta (since it is still not fixed). Took them 2 months to release any semblance of balance updates. And so on. So Cent has been out for only 2 months, let's meet in 3 months for balance!

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Calling video evidence dumb is the new black amirite :rolleyes:

Also you missed the W

And now I'm convinced you don't know what you are even talking about.

Careful.

It's about where I'm at.

On the other hand, video evidence is a great tool for debunking muppets and their imaginary narratives :rolleyes:

You mean a shot 30 sec video showcasing how not attempting a block or CGB can lead to ones dom against any character?
I can do that same type of combo with my PK, grab, double stab then throw into the wall, leaping plunge back in and bleed hit after the connected heavy into a zone hit, canceled into two lights and a feinted heavy into a dodging strike for the kill.

So what is your point here again?

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Took them more than 5 months to fix def meta. Took them 2 months to release any semblance of balance updates. And so on. So Cent has been out for only 2 months, let's meet in 3 monhs for balance!

By the way CoyoteXStarrk was trying to convince everyone that Shinobi doesn't need the nerf some months ago, got nerfed anyway, and now he's like "nah bro shinobi good , l2p".

Try not to take his muppetry seriously, no one does, and certainly not the developers :rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:46 PM

You do realize I could gather together a multitude of gifs for literally EVERY SINGLE CLASS in isolated instances that make them seem OP right?

Oh wait of course you know that. You simply don't care. Because THOSE classes are the issue for you at the moment.

Just THIS ONE.

I wish you luck in your endeavor to nerf a class that the same dozen or so people have complained in OP for months now and yet the Dev Team still thinks is 100% okay.

I'm sure that the 117th thread and the 1,315th post about it will be the one that finally reaches them and changes their mind.

http://i.imgur.com/qOz6PVQ.gif

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:47 PM
You mean a shot 30 sec video showcasing how not attempting a block or CGB can lead to ones dom against any character?
I can do that same type of combo with my PK, grab, double stab then throw into the wall, leaping plunge back in and bleed hit after the connected heavy into a zone hit, canceled into two lights and a feinted heavy into a dodging strike for the kill.

Show me which other character in the game can wallbang a player to death with 1 uninterruptible combo, I'll wait for that gif :rolleyes:

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 01:49 PM
You do realize I could gather together a multitude of gifs for literally EVERY SINGLE CLASS in isolated instances that make them seem OP right?

Please do

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy-downsized-large.gif

it has to be uninterruptible just like the centurions, which means that the player has no way to get out of it with a well timed CGB / parry / dodge :rolleyes:

I wish you luck in your endeavor to nerf a class that the same dozen or so people have complained in OP for months now and yet the Dev Team still thinks is 100% okay.

I'm sure that the 117th thread and the 1,315th post about it will be the one that finally reaches them and changes their mind.

Worked for Shinobi & Warden, ooops

http://i.imgur.com/E2JaG9y.gif

Gakboi_HS
08-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Show me which other character in the game can wallbang a player to death with 1 uninterruptible combo, I'll wait for that gif :rolleyes:

I hope that you know that a simple cbg would have stopped that whole combo b4 it even started. and he could have parried that last zone attack for a wall splat of his own. Top heavy->shove 50/50, and if he got the guard break off it would have been another wall splat most likely. Are you implying that centurion cannot be countered? Because i just told you a way that that LB could have stop the combo before you had gotten it off cgb.

Also what kind of video evidence is that?? That was a bot, i could kill a bot in 1 combo as any hero. Get better "video evidence"

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:06 PM
I hope that you know that a simple cbg would have stopped that whole combo b4 it even started. and he could have parried that last zone attack for a wall splat of his own. Top heavy->shove 50/50, and if he got the guard break off it would have been another wall splat most likely. Are you implying that centurion cannot be countered? Because i just told you a way that that LB could have stop the combo before you had gotten it off cgb.

What does that have to do with literally anything? :confused:

People in this thread are talking about the mistake / punishment gaps of characters, mainly centurion.

Some characters can barely get a heavy in after a GB / Parry, while centurion can outright kill you if you make a single mistake, which absolutely laughable. In a fight against other characters, you can afford to make 2-3 mistakes before you are dead, in a fight against centurion - 1 mistake = certain death.

If you want balance, either all characters should have such severe punishes or non of them, there isn't really any room for discussion here, facts speak for themselves.

I have a Rep 8 centurion, and I have played him long enough to confirm that apart from the broken wall-bang combo, he is pretty balanced overall and satisfyingly unique

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 02:08 PM

So after describing to you the exact manuever I would do as an answer to Centurion combos you still want to claim it's exclusive only to Cent, so here. I even made this guy rage quit! But clearly Cent OP

https://youtu.be/m-24FtXM1VI

(Inb4 arbitrary "Peacekeeper is OP and that why you won" comments.)

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:16 PM
So after describing to you the exact manuever I would do as an answer to Centurion combos you still want to claim it's exclusive only to Cent, so here. I even made this guy rage quit! But clearly Cent OP

Alright, so I was expecting to see a combo with which you grabbed the centurion from full hp, threw him into the wall, and done a combo that would have left him dead or at 10% hp, instead what I've seen is you grabbing a centurion with 80% hp, throwing into the wall, landing few hits and leaving him with more than 30% hp left.

If he was at full hp when you grabbed him, he would have been left with 50% hp, and if he was lawbringer, he would have been left with 60% hp if not more.

So clearly this video does not correlate to anything and unfortunately is a massive waste of time just like the rest of your comments.

The fact remains, there isn't another champion in the game that can OUTRIGHT KILL you with an UNINTERRUPTIBLE wall combo, except for Centurion.

Case closed boys

Gakboi_HS
08-24-2017, 02:17 PM
What does that have to do with literally anything? :confused:

People in this thread are talking about the mistake / punishment gaps of characters, mainly centurion.

Some characters can barely get a heavy in after a GB / Parry, while centurion can outright kill you if you make a single mistake, which absolutely laughable. In a fight against other characters, you can afford to make 2-3 mistakes before you are dead, in a fight against centurion - 1 mistake = certain death.

If you want balance, either all characters should have such severe punishes or non of them, there isn't really any room for discussion here, facts speak for themselves

Every single character has pros and cons. What you just said is like saying every character should have a side dash attack or every character should have the ability to displace their opponents far like WL or raider. Or every character should be the same so the game will be fair. Also thats BS that 1 mistake means certain death. Its an over used exaggeration. Also get a better vid. You going against a bot proves barely anything, i can kill a bot in 1 combo with any character.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 02:17 PM

Is that the assassin not falling over out of stam bug i see back in the game? Round 2?

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 02:21 PM

You do realise gear stats and feats are enabled in that gif, right? Haymaker is adding damage on the 2 pommel strikes, the throw and the punch. Without it, that combo does 80 damage, not what looks to be 150ish

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Every single character has pros and cons. What you just said is like saying every character should have a side dash attack or every character should have the ability to displace their opponents far like WL or raider. Or every character should be the same so the game will be fair. Also thats BS that 1 mistake means certain death. Its an over used exaggeration. Also get a better vid. You going against a bot proves barely anything, i can kill a bot in 1 combo with any character.

Ah I see, good argument, I guess the next champion should just have a one button that you press to instantly win the game :D Because that's the only thing that can counter centurions wall combo atm

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Is that the assassin not falling over out of stam bug i see back in the game? Round 2?

He three me into a wall and started attacking again, so no it's not a bug, he prevented me from falling.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:23 PM
You do realise gear stats and feats are enabled in that gif, right? Haymaker is adding damage on the 2 pommel strikes, the throw and the punch. Without it, that combo does 80 damage, not what looks to be 150ish

go test it for yourself against the raider bot in training, the full combo will leave him with about 20% hp instead of 10% , which is practically the same.

I tested for a full day :)

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Ah I see, good argument, I guess the next champion should just have a one button that you press to instantly win the game :D Because that's the only thing that can counter centurions wall combo atm

Because I clearly didn't JUST post a video of me not only beating a Centurion, but making him rage quit.

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 02:25 PM

.... uff i am sorry, but normally you do sound reasonable, but your video ... it shows a noob centurion, who misses 90% of all safe dmg he could do, he grabs you several times but doesn't punish you right and you don't CGB many times.

And still he got you pretty good sometimes, even if he did tonns of mistakes ....

I played centurion one time some days ago in a online fight, and it was so easy for me, and i did many mistakes - srsly if i would have been this player i would have punished you many times and wrecked you all over the place.

This video is pitifully ....

I don't touch this hero, because it is a easy win, i stay with my berserker.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 02:27 PM
He three me into a wall and started attacking again, so no it's not a bug, he prevented me from falling.

So you being out of stamina and him punching you doesn't knock you down? There was no follow up to stop you from falling ?? 1.23 in the video

Aarpian
go test it for yourself against the raider bot in training, the full combo will leave him with about 20% hp instead of 10% , which is practically the same.

I tested for a full day :)

You tested for a full day with gear stats and feats enabled against a bot with 0 gear and 0 feats. Centurion's absolute maximum possible punish, with base numbers, deals 105, and that requires extremely specific positioning from both you and your opponent. The attacks done in the gif I quoted above would deal 80 damage.

Specialkha
Because I clearly didn't JUST post a video of me not only beating a Centurion, but making him rage quit.

Using a top tier character. Can you do the same with Kensei plz?

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 02:28 PM
Using a top tier character. Can you do the same with Kensei plz?

Kensei is garbage and everybody knows it.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:30 PM

did you miss my reply, or wasting time is your actual profession?

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 02:31 PM
Alright, so I was expecting to see a combo with which you grabbed the centurion from full hp, threw him into the wall, and done a combo that would have left him dead or at 10% hp, instead what I've seen is you grabbing a centurion with 80% hp, throwing into the wall, landing few hits and leaving him with more than 30% hp left.

If he was at full hp when you grabbed him, he would have been left with 50% hp, and if he was lawbringer, he would have been left with 60% hp if not more.

So clearly this video does not correlate to anything and unfortunately is a massive waste of time just like the rest of your comments.

The fact remains, there isn't another champion in the game that can OUTRIGHT KILL you with an UNINTERRUPTIBLE wall combo, except for Centurion.

Case closed boys

3mins in and you see the combo that if had pressed my zone cancel like I described, he would have been dead.
But I can see how you'd not want to actually address the video seeing as how it doesn't fit into the "OP" Centurion" rhetoric.

.... uff i am sorry, but normally you do sound reasonable, but your video ... it shows a noob centurion, who misses 90% of all safe dmg he could do, he grabs you several times but doesn't punish you right and you don't CGB many times.

And still he got you pretty good sometimes, even if he did tonns of mistakes ....

I played centurion one time some days ago in a online fight, and it was so easy for me, and i did many mistakes - srsly if i would have been this player i would have punished you many times and wrecked you all over the place.

This video is pitifully ....

I don't touch this hero, because it is a easy win, i stay with my berserker.

This wasn't meant to showcase an extreme level of skill. This was meant to show that Cent isn't OP because if he was, I'd have gotten rekt by a scrub player.

All I'm doing is showing that you don't have to be an elite player to handle this class.

Yeah I know exactly where my mistakes were and how badly it could have gone, hell we could sit here and debate the theory of that match up all day, the bottom line is I won. Against an "OP" class.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
did you miss my reply, or wasting time is your actual profession?

Thats the thing with this lot, they get their "Facts" from them being able to beat some one. Using a top tier someone against what looked like a new cent player.

You can't argue with egos.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:32 PM
I

This wasn't meant to showcase an extreme level of skill. This was meant to show that Cent isn't OP because if he was, I'd have gotten rekt by a scrub player.

You didn't achieve either of those things, stop wasting people's times, or provide better evidence.

The fact that centurion is the only character in the game that has an uninterruptible instagib combo - still stands

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Thats the thing with this lot, they get their "Facts" from them being able to beat some one. Using a top tier someone against what looked like a new cent player.

You can't argue with egos.

Luckily for the rest of us, they can't argue with video evidence, it's their kryptonite :D

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Lol this is the exact reason people don't like giving advice and extending a helping hand to you mongoloids.

Tell you what, you can keep on griping about how heroes that beat you are OP till you are blue in the face. I'm going to go back to enjoying my game and not having problems dealing with Centurion.

Not my problem you people can't be fked to take time and learn counters.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Luckily for the rest of us, they can't argue with video evidence, it's their kryptonite :D

They do though, "oh its the other dudes fault for letting him GB him".

One missed GB and you're dead = Balanced. Funny how people are moaning about a free gb off a parry yet its cool to 100 - 0 because cent.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
You didn't achieve either of those things, stop wasting people's times, or provide better evidence.

The fact that centurion is the only character in the game that has an uninterruptible instagib combo - still stands

He doesn't have an uninterruptible instagib combo though, why do you keep lying? I literally just explained to you the maximum damage from an optimal punish.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Lol this is the exact reason people don't like giving advice and extending a helping hand to you mongoloids.

Tell you what, you can keep on griping about how heroes that beat you are OP till you are blue in the face. I'm going to go back to enjoying my game and not having problems dealing with Centurion.

Not my problem you people can't be fked to take time and learn counters.

Sure honey, next hero - grim reaper, press R to win the game.

You lot will be hell bent on trying to convince the rest of us it's balances, by saying "get good, don't let him press R"

:D hilarious

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:45 PM
He doesn't have an uninterruptible instagib combo though, why do you keep lying? I literally just explained to you the maximum damage from an optimal punish.

And I ignored you because you didn't do any testing and your calculations are completely wrong, come back when you done the testing <3

Untill you do, we have both video evidence and testing data that's showing exactly why you are wrong :rolleyes:

Also the idea of "just tell your opponents not to use gear" is a bit laughable don't you think.:rolleyes:

Praise the glorious scientific method :cool:

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 02:47 PM

Also this "combo" is only a combo up to leaping plunge and bleed hit.
After that if you throw a zone or only a heavy you are OOS. and the zone is blockable - so no combo here, only mixup.

The combo dmg is:
First stab 8bleed +2 dmg
Sec stab 8bleed + 2 dmg
Forward dash attack 20 dmg+ bleed follow up 15 bleed
= a total of 24 dmg + 31 bleed = 55 dmg if the bleed goes away (as far as i know there is a bleed cap of 35?)
Enemy will have enough stamina to counter attack.

While centurion can throw you into the wall (if this happens out of a parry (any parry)) you will be OOS after he is finished.
Gives you a full charged and a knock down and a eagle strick (or how the attack is called)
30 dmg full charged + 35 dmg eagle. 65 dmg, and you lost most of your stamina and he is in safe distance.

If he goes for a zone instead a egal it is 30 + 50 dmg (2 hits of the zone)
But he risks a parry out of the 3rd attack of the zone. So abit risky 80 dmg.
But the risk goes away if you are OOS, so no real risk here out of a heavy parry or gb.
Also centurion will have more than half of his stamina left with the 65 dmg combo and around half stamina bar with 80 dmg combo :D

Yeah - nice try ...

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 02:52 PM

Asking for Centurion nerf based on 4v4 Dominion / Deathmatch experience is also a legitimate claim. Just because we dont want to nerf Centurion in duel isn't a good enough reason to leave him broken in 4v4. You dont destroy the game balance in a mode because another one is starting to be better a little.

I would much rather have Centurion be complete trash in duel (just pick another hero) and 4v4 start being fun again, rather than have a little more diverse duel experience and break a full game mode.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:52 PM
Also this "combo" is only a combo up to leaping plunge and bleed hit.
After that if you throw a zone or only a heavy you are OOS. and the zone is blockable - so no combo here, only mixup.

The combo dmg is:
First stab 8bleed +2 dmg
Sec stab 8bleed + 2 dmg
Forward dash attack 20 dmg+ bleed follow up 15 bleed
= a total of 24 dmg + 31 bleed = 55 dmg if the bleed goes away (as far as i know there is a bleed cap of 35?)
Enemy will have enough stamina to counter attack.

While centurion can throw you into the wall (if this happens out of a parry (any parry)) you will be OOS after he is finished.
Gives you a full charged and a knock down and a eagle strick (or how the attack is called)
30 dmg full charged + 35 dmg eagle. 65 dmg, and you lost most of your stamina and he is in safe distance.

If he goes for a zone instead a egal it is 30 + 50 dmg (2 hits of the zone)
But he risks a parry out of the 3rd attack of the zone. So abit risky 80 dmg.
But the risk goes away if you are OOS, so no real risk here out of a heavy parry or gb.
Also centurion will have more than half of his stamina left with the 65 dmg combo and around half stamina bar with 80 dmg combo :D

Yeah - nice try ...

With enabled gear he can do 2 punches, throw, stab, punch, and 2 hits from zone, that's close to 100 dmg.

If a player is good he can also throw some mixups into the wallbang to make it full kill, for example after the stab he can start charging heavy and cancel into grab, throw to wall, unblockable stab and continue with the rest of the combo. It's not guaranteed like the previous version of the combo, but it works like 90% of the time due to player giving up at the beggining of the combo, and mashing buttons while panicking

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Asking for Centurion nerf based on 4v4 Dominion / Deathmatch experience is also a legitimate claim. Just because we dont want to nerf Centurion in duel isn't a good enough reason to leave him broken in 4v4. You dont destroy the game balance in a mode because another one is starting to be better a little.

I would much rather have Centurion be complete trash in duel (just pick another hero) and 4v4 start being fun again, rather than have a little more diverse duel experience and break a full game mode.

If they nerf the wall combo, he's gonna be just fine in both duels and 4v4 in my opinion. The unblockable stab into eagles talons is not that devastating, shugokis charge can be way worse than that

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 02:54 PM
And I ignored you because you didn't do any testing and your calculations are completely wrong, come back when you done the testing <3

Untill you do, we have both video evidence and testing data that's showing exactly why you are wrong :rolleyes:

Also the idea of "just tell your opponents not to use gear" is a bit laughable don't you think.:rolleyes:

Praise the glorious scientific method :cool:

At this point I'm only still talking to you so you feel suitably embarassed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0
There you go, that's the base damage of every attack in the game. Now, count it with me:

Fully charged heavy - 30 damage
Zone attack - 25 damage per hit, 2 hits, so 50 damage
Add up those scary numbers and you get.... 80! What a ****ing shocker.

You can see in the video he has feats enabled. You can see in the video he is dealing damage with pommel strike, throw and haymaker. You can see in the video he takes a full hp lawbringer to under one bar.
Now, you MIGHT have a point if you're claiming he's only unbalanced in dominion, because with haymaker that's still quite a lot of damage from a fully geared centurion onto an ungeared opponent, but then you'd probably have to remember that the centurion is vulnerable to being interrupted at any point during that combo by the opponent's team mate.

"The idea of just tell your opponents not to use gear is a bit laughable, don't you think." - Yes, I do, which is why it puzzles me that you'd compare a fully geared centurion to a completely ungeared opponent, who would have the same level of gear if you had a brain.

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 02:57 PM

All I'm doing is showing that you don't have to be an elite player to handle this class.

Yeah I know exactly where my mistakes were and how badly it could have gone, hell we could sit here and debate the theory of that match up all day, the bottom line is I won. Against an "OP" class.

You almost got rekt by a scrub - and showing a scrub, who doesn't know how to punish rightly with centurion or even play isn't nearly an evidence that Cent isn't OP ...

And now? I made many people ragequit with with any hero against any heroe, also centurions.

I can kill any srcub hero, this is comedy, dude.

With the video you showed me, that you couldn't handel most of the centurions GBs and attacks well (and thats not to blame you - it's because centurions kit is just very good.

Do it against a decent average player, you will get stomped into the ground.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 02:59 PM
At this point I'm only still talking to you so you feel suitably embarassed:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0
There you go, that's the base damage of every attack in the game. Now, count it with me:

Fully charged heavy - 30 damage
Zone attack - 25 damage per hit, 2 hits, so 50 damage
Add up those scary numbers and you get.... 80! What a ****ing shocker.

You can see in the video he has feats enabled. You can see in the video he is dealing damage with pommel strike, throw and haymaker. You can see in the video he takes a full hp lawbringer to under one bar.
Now, you MIGHT have a point if you're claiming he's only unbalanced in dominion, because with haymaker that's still quite a lot of damage from a fully geared centurion onto an ungeared opponent, but then you'd probably have to remember that the centurion is vulnerable to being interrupted at any point during that combo by the opponent's team mate.

"The idea of just tell your opponents not to use gear is a bit laughable, don't you think." - Yes, I do, which is why it puzzles me that you'd compare a fully geared centurion to a completely ungeared opponent, who would have the same level of gear if you had a brain.

*facepalm* so you are saying that the said combo will do 80 dmg without gear included, which will leave majority of characters with 20% health just like I said, and that I am right in every way?

Oh alright, thanks for clarifying, cheers bud :o

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 03:01 PM
With enabled gear he can do 2 punches, throw, stab, punch, and 2 hits from zone, that's close to 100 dmg.

If a player is good he can also throw some mixups into the wallbang to make it full kill, for example after the stab he can start charging heavy and cancel into grab, throw to wall, unblockable stab and continue with the rest of the combo. It's not guaranteed like the previous version of the combo, but it works like 90% of the time due to player giving up at the beggining of the combo, and mashing buttons while panicking

I know, but i do talk about the character in neutral.
gear and feats are a different story.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:02 PM
*facepalm* so you are saying that the said combo will do 80 dmg without gear included, which will leave majority of characters with 20% health just like I said, and that I am right in every way?

20% hp would mean they had 100 hp. Only Shinobi has that much hp. The next lowest is Centurion himself on 110.
I see maths isn't your strong suit.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:02 PM

You are terrible at math.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:03 PM
I know, but i do talk about the character in neutral.
gear and feats are a different story.

Right, well fair enough, I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter which way you look at it, Centurion can do things that is beyond the capabilities of any other character in the game

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:05 PM
20% hp would mean they had 100 hp. Only Shinobi has that much hp. The next lowest is Centurion himself on 110.
I see maths isn't your strong suit.

Right, because 100 and 110 is such a massive distance apart, thanks mister, you made me see the error of my ways,

In fact, I now finally understand that the following gif is just a figment of my imagination.

It's not like that we can physically see the extra 3 punches take away not even the full bar of lawbringers hp or anything

;)

Wait or are you saying that we should all just stop playing dominion? I honestly have no idea what you are saying, go away time-waster

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Right, because 100 and 110 is such a massive distance apart, thanks mister, you made me see the error of my ways,

In fact, I now finally understand that the following gif is just a figment of my imagination

;)

Look back at your quote, you said the "majority of characters."

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Look back at your quote, you said the "majority of characters."

I have edited the message you are quoting, and I stand by what i said

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:11 PM

In fact, I now finally understand that the following gif is just a figment of my imagination

;)

Wait or are you saying that we should all just stop playing dominion? I honestly have no idea what you are saying, go away time-waster

If we are going to nerf characters as a whole based on feats then let's start with kensei since his level 4 that allows for all attacks to be unblockable.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:13 PM
If we are going to nerf characters as a whole based on feats then let's start with kensei since his level 4 that allows for all attacks to be unblockable.

"It's not like that we can physically see the extra 3 punches take away not even the full bar of lawbringers hp or anything"

Missed the most important bit again sunshine, stop it :D

And let's not forget that LB has a high HP pool

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Right, well fair enough, I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter which way you look at it, Centurion can do things that is beyond the capabilities of any other character in the game

In this point you are right - he is the only one capable of such ridiculous things.

And yeah, you did a mistake - you said 80 dmg combo (without gear and feats) leaves majority of heroes at 20 % at least at 40-50% but still this is an immense punish and if somebody falls after this combo for a second GB he is done.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:14 PM

I have edited the message you are quoting, and I stand by what i said

You stand by your terrible math? Lol okay.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:15 PM
You stand by your terrible math? Lol okay.

I stand by what I can see, and in the gif the extra 3 punches that you are so desperately trying to cling by, don't even do a full bar of HP damage, try again bud

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:17 PM
In this point you are right - he is the only one capable of such ridiculous things.

And yeah, you did a mistake - you said 80 dmg combo (without gear and feats) leaves majority of heroes at 20 % at least at 40-50% but still this is an immense punish and if somebody falls after this combo for a second GB he is done.

Shugoki can kill someone off one demon's embrace
Anyone can envrionmental someone for 100% of their hp
PK can kill someone off one GB with feats.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:18 PM

To be honest, not that many champions in the game have above 120 HP, and also, I am not refuting what he can or cannot do in duels, nobody cares about that really, in duels the centurions are easily spanked unless they get a lucky situation in which they can throw you into the wall combo, at which point it doesnt matter if its 20% hp left or 30% hp left, no other character in the game can do that, and that's really the end of the argument now isn't it, nobody can argue with that, well they tried, but failed :rolleyes:

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:18 PM
I stand by what I can see, and in the gif the extra 3 punches that you are so desperately trying to cling by, don't even do a full bar of HP damage, try again bud

Actually he does 40 damage off of Haymaker:
2 pommel strikes
Throw
Punch

Each does 10 damage.

Also, gear stats.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:19 PM

Aarpian already linked the base damage values and you are still clinging to feats and gear. You've convinced me of your airtight argument, let's nerf kensei.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:19 PM

Can they do it 100% after GB or Parry ?

Because Centurion can, oops, sorry that your example was so bad and irrelevant :(

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Actually he does 40 damage off of Haymaker:
2 pommel strikes
Throw
Punch

Each does 10 damage.

Also, gear stats.

Damn, if only this gif didn't exist, curse this all argument stopping gif :( :(

let me guess, the next argument will be that the LB is completely naked, and this video is photoshoped :rolleyes:

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:22 PM
Can they do it 100% after GB or Parry ?

Because Centurion can, oops, sorry that your example was so bad and irrelevant :(

Centurion can only do it off a light parry or next to a wall, otherwise he only gets 25 damage off a GB or 40 damage off a knee parry counter.

Honestly I have no idea why you're complaining about Centurion in 4v4 when Nobushi exists.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Damn, if only this gif didn't exist, curse this all argument stopping gif :( :(

let me guess, the next argument will be that the LB is completely naked, and this video is photoshoped :rolleyes:

Watch the gif yourself holy ****.
How am I supposed to convince someone who posts evidence destroying his own argument but thinks it proves his point?

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:24 PM
Centurion can only do it off a light parry or next to a wall, otherwise he only gets 25 damage off a GB or 40 damage off a knee parry counter.

Honestly I have no idea why you're complaining about Centurion in 4v4 when Nobushi exists.

I'm actually not complaining about anything, I have a REP 8 Centurion, and I love insta-raping people with one combo as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna sit here and try to shush people about it :rolleyes:

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Watch the gif yourself holy ****.
How am I supposed to convince someone who posts evidence destroying his own argument but thinks it proves his point?

I'm still waiting for people to show another character that can do anything close to that, but so far no cigar :cool:

Some stars for efforts that ended up to be complete failures

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:25 PM

People here don't realize how strong she is in 4s. Hilariously enough 2 months ago sb alernakin and Scott Jund came here to bring to light how strong she was and they were shouted down with her being low tier. It's brilliant poetry that alernakin went on to win the tourney.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I'm still waiting for people to show another character that can do anything close to that, but so far no cigar :cool:

Some stars for efforts that ended up to be complete failures

Shugoki gets an 80hp swing or instakill on a wallsplat/OOS throw. He's also much better at ledging people and ganking.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:29 PM
Shugoki gets an 80hp swing or instakill on a wallsplat/OOS throw. He's also much better at ledging people and ganking.

Can he do an uninterruptible 90% HP combo from a GB or parry ? If not than poor argument mate, not really related to anything again :(

Because shugokis swing can be parried, demon rush can be dodged, while centurions combo is uninterruptible and has no interaction to stop it while its happening

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 03:32 PM

Sry but thoes examples are stupid xD

Shugoki 1 shot is only if he is in critical state = less than 25 dmg - - - sure it isn't impossible and many people troll with this kill but thats all.
If GB after a parry is gone this will be much harder to pull off.

Do you really throw enviromental kill in ? reall???? Yeah - exact every idiot can do it with a GB and everyone who can parry gets a GB (execpt for heroes out of range)

PK kills of GB with feats? with one GB? never saw it.
With bleed feat and fear it self maybe, the 120 hp heroes.
With bleed feat alone it is a pretty good dmg.

GB into wall and Catapult :rolleyes: ? yeah maybe.

But with such feats also my berserker kills very fast ... Every hero does kill easier with feats.
Also those feats are active how long? 15- 20 seconds? How often are you able to use them in one dominion match? 1 or 2 times? maximum 3 times if you are really fast in unlocking. Reducing feat cooldown stat isn't there anymore since season 2.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Can he do an uninterruptible 90% HP combo from a GB or parry ? If not than poor argument mate, not really related to anything again :(

Because shugokis swing can be parried, demon rush can be dodged, while centurions combo is uninterruptible and has no interaction to stop it while its happening

But he can't do an uninterruptible 90% hp combo from a GB or parry - this has been explained to you multiple times. What the **** is wrong with you?

Shugoki's demon embrace cannot be dodged off a wallsplat or a knockdown. Once it hits it's uninterruptible and has no interaction to stop it while it's happening.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Sry but thoes examples are stupid xD

Shugoki 1 shot is only if he is in critical state = less than 25 dmg - - - sure it isn't impossible and many people troll with this kill but thats all.
If GB after a parry is gone this will be much harder to pull off.

Do you really throw enviromental kill in ? reall???? Yeah - exact every idiot can do it with a GB and everyone who can parry gets a GB (execpt for heroes out of range)

PK kills of GB with feats? with one GB? never saw it.
With bleed feat and fear it self maybe, the 120 hp heroes.
With bleed feat alone it is a pretty good dmg.

GB into wall and Catapult :rolleyes: ? yeah maybe.

But with such feats also my berserker kills very fast ... Every hero does kill easier with feats.
Also those feats are active how long? 15- 20 seconds? How often are you able to use them in one dominion match? 1 or 2 times? maximum 3 times if you are really fast in unlocking. Reducing feat cooldown stat isn't there anymore since season 2.

Do you want to stick to a point or are you going to continually move the goal posts?

Those examples aren't stupid. When instakills are ubiquitous, someone being able to do 50% of your hp off a parry in specific circumstances isn't exactly terrifying is it? Or are you for some reason evaluating cent's damage in a vacuum?

High parry damage is literally the only thing stopping centurion from being an awful version of PK.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:42 PM
But he can't do an uninterruptible 90% hp combo from a GB or parry - this has been explained to you multiple times. What the **** is wrong with you?

Yes he can, look

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Yes he can, look

Nerf kensei

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Who gives a **** about what a character can do with full feats and max gear to a 0-gear lawbringer in a 1v1 situation in a 4v4 game mode? Are you ******ed?

Well, according to this same community gear < skill, so it does matter :D

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Funny how the LB could have let his controller on his desk and watchs his character getting destroyed.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Who gives a **** about what a character can do with full feats and max gear to a 0-gear lawbringer in a 1v1 situation in a 4v4 game mode? Are you ******ed?

http://i.imgur.com/fA5fjit.png

Oh dear :rolleyes:

GG, thanks for playing

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Funny how the LB could have let his controller on his desk and watchs his character getting destroyed.

#balanced boyz :D

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Do you even read your own posts?

Hold on let me guess, your next argument will be "Yes I do read my own posts"
Haha now if you post that I win the argument and all my points won't have been completely destroyed haha better luck next time haha :rolleyes::cool:

It's ok, I would be mad too if I got debunked so hard *pat pat*

Want a hug?

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 04:07 PM
You haven't debunked anything, literally all you've done is be wrong repeatedly, and then when you correctly guessed what I was about to tell you (because who the hell wouldn't point out why you're wrong) you've tried to save face in front of a bunch of internet randoms who already know your argument has been utterly obliterated.

Well, you are kinda wrong and he is kinda right. Wallbang from cent does too much dmg and is gamebreaking in 4v4. Deal with it.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Ok, so we are done talking since you really think Cent does not break 4v4. Have a nice day in your desillusion.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 04:20 PM

We do. Our opinion matter, we love 4v4. In fact, when you look at statistics of what the player base is mostly playing, Dominion is by far the most popular mode.

That video (gif) is glorious. Doing all that damage to a Lawbringer, the highest hp character in the game, shows that the same combo would 100% - 0% almost the whole remaining roster of heroes.

Centurion punish are over the top in 1v1, Centurion punish in 4v4 are beyond broken.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:22 PM
We do. Our opinion matter, we love 4v4. In fact, when you look at statistics of what the player base is mostly playing, Dominion is by far the most popular mode.

And you think it should be balanced around 1v1 situations in a 4v4 gamemode with one character fully geared and the other having no gear and one character having full feats and the other having none? That's how you think it should be balanced?
"Well this might be useless in any scenario involving more than 2 players but hey we can't make it useful in this niche situation because that would make too much sense!"

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Do you want to stick to a point or are you going to continually move the goal posts?

Those examples aren't stupid. When instakills are ubiquitous, someone being able to do 50% of your hp off a parry in specific circumstances isn't exactly terrifying is it? Or are you for some reason evaluating cent's damage in a vacuum?

High parry damage is literally the only thing stopping centurion from being an awful version of PK.

Those examples are stupid - like i explained shugoki insta kill is only under critical HP
Yourself saying gear and feats doesn't matter so there is nothing to talk about this.

Those things you listed (except environmental kills - that's a different case, it has nothing to do with a hero itself), those things are under specific circumstances.

But a Centurion can pull of such a dmg from any parry if there is a wall/object.

I am ok with the 65 dmg punish, even if this is abit to much with all these stamina dmg.

As an example i can only pull of 46 dmg with a wall punish as an berserker.
PK can maximum 55 dmg and 31 of it is bleed, also it cost 3/4 of pks full stamina to do that dmg.

I don't see centurion as an OP hero, but he isn't fine - he has some unfair things and needs some tweaks.
Also how could he be a cheap PK, pk doesn't have heavies that are 600 ms fast and deal 25 dmg.
PK has no melee attack.
PK doesn't has any attack to deal stamina dmg.

dude you are bringing up 2 entirely different characters.

Only because they can feint heavies into GB? is that the reason why Cent should be a awful version of PK without an ridiculous Parry punish?

- Take away wall splatt after jabs
- reduce his stamina dmg just abit
- let him use stamina on feints (like every hero)
- fix the zone punish ( thats an exploit, that the second attack the zone hits) and the dmg for every slash to 20 from 25 dmg.
- and reduce basic heavy dmg from 25 to 20 (this point isn't even neccessary needed)

that would be enough.

Kaijudub
08-24-2017, 04:25 PM
I especially liked the R.I.P post, bravo!

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Those things you listed (except environmental kills - that's a different case, it has nothing to do with a hero itself), those things are under specific circumstances.

But a Centurion can pull of such a dmg from any parry if there is a wall/object.

That is a specific circumstance...

The point is Centurion does not need nerfs, because he's not strong. If you want to nerf his parry punish, you need to compensate him in other areas.

Cent will be an awful version of PK because a lot of his damage relies on trying to bait parry attempts out of people and softfeinting into GB to punish. PK isn't as good at him as that right now if there is a wall, but she also has zone attack and incredibly effective dodges. Nerf cent parries/wallsplat and PK will be better than him at that too.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:28 PM
Those examples are stupid - like i explained shugoki insta kill is only under critical HP
Yourself saying gear and feats doesn't matter so there is nothing to talk about this.

I am ok with the 65 dmg punish, even if this is abit to much with all these stamina dmg.

As an example i can only pull of 46 dmg with a wall punish as an berserker.
PK can maximum 55 dmg and 31 of it is bleed, also it cost 3/4 of pks full stamina to do that dmg.

I don't see centurion as an OP hero, but he isn't fine - he has some unfair things and needs some tweaks.
Also how could he be a cheap PK, pk doesn't have heavies that are 600 ms fast and deal 25 dmg.
PK has no melee attack.
PK doesn't has any attack to deal stamina dmg.

dude you are bringing up 2 entirely different characters.

Only because they can feint heavies into GB? is that the reason why Cent should be a awful version of PK without an ridiculous Parry punish?

- Take away wall splatt after jabs
- reduce his stamina dmg just abit
- let him use stamina on feints (like every hero)
- fix the zone punish ( thats an exploit, that the second attack the zone hits) and the dmg for every slash to 20 from 25 dmg.
- and reduce basic heavy dmg from 25 to 20

that would be enough.

Cent heavy is 500/500/600

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:30 PM
Cent heavy is 500/500/600

No it's not, it's 600/600/600 and 500/500/600 when combo'd.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 04:37 PM
He does not need balancing, he needs a nerf plain and simple without compensation. Why can't you understand he is too strong? Because he did not win a tourney? And why should he bait for parry? He is not a counter attacker but a mix up attacker.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 04:37 PM
I especially liked the R.I.P post, bravo!

Gotta love that confirmation bias, you'll suck up every word when a competitive player says warden is unviable but completely ignore what they are saying when they say centurion isn't op. Absolutely shocking.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:39 PM
No it's not, it's 600/600/600 and 500/500/600 when combo'd.

I got confused with lights.

The only nerf he needs is in stamina dmg after parry. And the fact that kneeing can start a wall combo.

The wall combo needs the damage reduced.

After the GB after parry beeing removed, with these changes centurion would be at least honest.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:43 PM
I got confused with lights.

The only nerf he needs is in stamina dmg after parry. And the fact that kneeing can start a wall combo.

The wall combo needs the damage reduced.

After the GB after parry beeing removed, with these changes centurion would be at least honest.

He'd also be ****.

I have no problems with nerfing the wall/parry punish, but he'd need buffs to compensate.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Nerf means there is no compensation, or it would be adjustment :). He needs nerfing, deal with it.

Netcode_err_404
08-24-2017, 04:46 PM
He'd also be ****.

I have no problems with nerfing the wall/parry punish, but he'd need buffs to compensate.

Thats hardly a nerf, with one parry he can 100 % stam DMG every class except raiders, cent and glad.

The wall damage is not a nerf, its a fix.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Gotta love that confirmation bias, you'll suck up every word when a competitive player says warden is unviable but completely ignore what they are saying when they say centurion isn't op. Absolutely shocking.

well done, when all arguments fail, start assaulting individuals, BE more predictable, LOL :rolleyes:

So debunked

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Thats hardly a nerf, with one parry he can 100 % stam DMG every class except raiders, cent and glad.

^ This, no one ever called it a "nerf" to begin with, it's definitely a fix. Same as they fixed the shugokis charge basically because it was abused over and over and defined the character

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:51 PM

If it's so OP, how is that hardly a nerf? I don't understand you, you seem to ignore your own arguments.

Antonioj26
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
well done, when all arguments fail, start assaulting individuals, BE more predictable, LOL :rolleyes:

So debunked

Youre mistaken friend I'm actually on your side now. We should nerf centurion but we should also nerf raider, berserker, Valkyrie, and shugo since we are in agreement that feats and gear stats should be included when nerfing characters as a whole. I mean all these characters can do just as much damage or near as much off of a wall stun, parry, or oos.

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 04:53 PM
If it's so OP, how is that hardly a nerf? I don't understand you, you seem to ignore your own arguments.

its not a nerf, its a fix

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 04:56 PM
That is a specific circumstance...

The point is Centurion does not need nerfs, because he's not strong. If you want to nerf his parry punish, you need to compensate him in other areas.

Cent will be an awful version of PK because a lot of his damage relies on trying to bait parry attempts out of people and softfeinting into GB to punish. PK isn't as good at him as that right now if there is a wall, but she also has zone attack and incredibly effective dodges. Nerf cent parries/wallsplat and PK will be better than him at that too.

A wall is not as specific as to be under 25 life ....you get it?

Also what do you want to compensate ?

A hero who, has fast attacks (and compared to the speed also strong)
- a normal guard
- great punish
- different melee attacks with confirmed dmg and great stamina dmg
- a great stamina pool and low stamina consumption on all attacks (except zone)
- great mix ups
- unblockables
- damn good tracking
- heavy feint into GB
- throw mixup out of lights
- doesn't consume stamina on feints
- has a good range with his charged attacks

..... so what do you wanna give him?
Bleed? more dmg? faster attacks? Superior block? Healing abilites? infinite distance throw? hyperarmor?
For taking away nearly nothing from him? For BALANCING him :D?

Most vanilla heroes don't have half of the advantages like centurion.

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:56 PM
its not a nerf, its a fix

But it's not mechanically broken, with the possible exception of the zone attack hitting twice. Either way, he'd need to be buffed if it were "fixed" (read: nerfed)

Aarpian
08-24-2017, 04:57 PM
A wall is not as specific as to be under 25 life ....you get it?

Also what do you want to compensate ?

A hero who, has fast attacks (and compared to the speed also strong)
- a normal guard
- great punish
- different melee attacks with confirmed dmg and great stamina dmg
- a great stamina pool and low stamina consumption on all attacks (except zone)
- great mix ups
- unblockables
- damn good tracking
- heavy feint into GB
- throw mixup out of lights
- doesn't consume stamina on feints
- has a good range with his charged attacks

..... so what do you wanna give him?
Bleed? more dmg? faster attacks? Superior block? Healing abilites? infinite distance throw? hyperarmor?
For taking away nearly nothing from him? For BALANCING him :D?

So his wallsplat is nearly nothing? Why do you want to nerf it then?

His offence is terrible. Kick is dogeable on reaction, punch is dodgeable on reaction, his charged heavies are parriable on reaction. His lights are easy to block, his light-light chain is useless, his quick throw is useless, his zone is useless outside of max damage punish on kick+knockdown.

It's not his fault, it's just that anything that isn't unreactable is useless with the strength of defence right now.

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 05:04 PM
So according to you, raider charge is fine? Oni charge was fine before nerf? Unlock exploit is fine?

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 05:24 PM

His offence is terrible. Kick is dogeable on reaction, punch is dodgeable on reaction, his charged heavies are parriable on reaction. His lights are easy to block, his light-light chain is useless, his quick throw is useless, his zone is useless outside of max damage punish on kick+knockdown.

It's not his fault, it's just that anything that isn't unreactable is useless with the strength of defence right now.

lol do you even read what you wrote in here?

His offence is good.
So just because it is possible to react to his attacks - dodge, parry and block them -the heroes moveset is bullsh-it?

You are only saying that his moves are "useless" without any evidence.

Heeey, i can parry, dodge and block everything a Warlord can do ---- he must be a weak hero...

Ey, every idiot says Berserker zone is useless, and still i use it tacticly for my advantage...

"It's not his fault, it's just that anything that isn't unreactable is useless with the strength of defence right now"
Wow this sentence says everything ... there is no need to discuss, with a confused person like you ...

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 05:27 PM
So according to you, raider charge is fine? Oni charge was fine before nerf? Unlock exploit is fine?

According to him, every hero is useless and there is no reason to play this game xD

"It's not his fault, it's just that anything that isn't unreactable is useless with the strength of defence right now. " - Aarpian, 24th August 2017

I think if you would fight against him, he would be hit by 60% of cents attacks :D

Specialkha
08-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Well, the competitive scene on For Honor use exploit to win tourney, so no surprise here he finds Cent weak since he has nothing like that.

HumoLoco
08-24-2017, 05:58 PM

He can do it on without wall. just say. Hes not that op with wall if you using Orochi. Tell me how can Orochi get up that fast compare to that guy?
pointless gif.

brashtralas
08-24-2017, 06:01 PM
So much hyperbole. Hahahahaha

This is ridiculous.

mrmistark
08-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Honestly he doesn't really need a nerf so to speak but rather more of a fix as other places he needs a buff, some places he needs a nerf.

His biggest problem is his strength which outclasses almost all heroes and makes him "op" (I put quotes around that as OP by some mean different to others) in 4v4 is the only thing he really has going for him 1v1: punishes (parry, wall splat, oos)

I think he isn't just a "1 change fix" hero.

In my opinion, he needs the following changes:

Nerf:
- UB charged heavy has too much tracking, a character should not get hit with it if they side dodge or roll

- his stamina costs should be increased, he has too much stamina punish in comparison to usage. This would help fix his oos punish, wall splat and parry in the sense that it would put a limit on it but not make his play style of being a ground fighter obsolete

- his shoulder pin animation should be cut down by a long shot and should overlap with the jab animation essentially making the whole animation of the pin into jab combo together only a split second extra than just the jab on its own. This would also help 4v4 situation while not even affecting 1v1

-the above being said an unblockable jab should be automatic after a successful ub heavy with no charge required to help with animation length (let's be real no one charges it anyways unless this prerequisite for it to be guaranteed is met anyways)

-the first point above yet again being said, I think the recovery timing on the knock down of the jab should be reduced enough for the pounce to be guaranteed but the extra damage of a zone to not be. This would actually make pounce the primary punish for a knocked down opponent as (i mean, at least it seems like it should be) intended

-his pounce should be instant once the opponent hits the ground with recovery again being reduced of the character on the ground by a lot

-increase his heavy attack time every so slightly

-only allow the soft feint into gb for normal heavies not unblockables (not sure if this is already a thing so putting it here just in case, see below)

*all these nerfs would not affect 1v1 game play or at least in a very minimal way

Buffs:
- pounce animation should be reduced so that you may react to incoming attacks instead of the taunt to the opponent that he does. Essentially make the recovery the same as that proposed above for the same thing: no guaranteed damage externally for either characters unless on the ground during pounce for both ends, as soon as the enemy is getting up from the ground no more guaranteed damage. (again doesn't affect 1v1)

- Allow centurions knock back kick to be guaranteed (kick he can do straight after a throw)

- allow centurion to be able to soft feint all of his unblockable heavies into a different direction heavy, much like kensei and highlander, that also becomes the first attack of a lions bite but only if it lands.

*the first one will complete his balance for 4v4, the last 2 will help give him more depth for 1v1 and make him more than just a spammer but a character that requires some thought on both ends. His mix up game should be rather decent after this: normal heavies being able to be soft fiented into gb for throw and guaranteed kick or used to start a lions roar for an ub heavy, which can be soft feinted into another direction which if you want to could also be feinted yet again into a gb. Again with his stamin cost being more expensive you'd really have to choose what to do and carefully, but be more viable in 1v1 but less detrimental in 4v4.

dragon7jdc
08-24-2017, 06:19 PM
you guys still talk about cent. SMH
he is the soft feint kind and thats it. even if you say block, parry he can still change his attacks on the fly. so doesnt matter how good you are you will lose to a cent. unless if he is new or dosent use soft feints.

S0Mi_xD
08-24-2017, 06:31 PM

also forgot to answer on this.

Like is said many times, i don't think he is OP, in my opinion he needs some not really nerfs, better say tweaks and fixes.
(in other words small changes, those small changes won't change much (like the adjective "small" implies))
Small changes here and there, to actually balance him all around not only for exploit using competietive play (which is still the smallest faction)

MassiveD.
08-24-2017, 08:57 PM
also forgot to answer on this.

Like is said many times, i don't think he is OP, in my opinion he needs some not really nerfs, better say tweaks and fixes.
(in other words small changes, those small changes won't change much (like the adjective "small" implies))
Small changes here and there, to actually balance him all around not only for exploit using competietive play (which is still the smallest faction)

Once the 90% dmg wall combo is gone, he should be pretty balanced IMO, well I should say that I really enjoy him as he is, but wouldnt mind fixes and tweaks at all

UbiInsulin
08-24-2017, 10:34 PM
I can understand that your patience is wearing thin, and that your frustration needs a place to be vented. But I want to be explicitly clear that disrespect towards other community members will not be tolerated. Don't take your frustrations out on your fellow players. Just don't.

If you want to vent, fine. We've always been here to listen and take your frustrations without reproach (unless you seriously cross the line). But you can't use lack of patience as an excuse to belittle the opinions of others.

I hope I've made myself clear.

Just going to repost Noty since this topic is obviously a bit provocative.

Thanks everyone who has been posting thoughtful feedback on the Cent! Please keep it about the game, not about other individuals.