PDA

View Full Version : Nobody plays as Knight faction

SaschoS
08-23-2017, 09:27 AM
War progression is unbalanced! I can't even put my war-assets to some good use. Vikings and Samurai have way too much players. And when I am trying to spend my war-assets I can't do anything useful for my faction. I am always stuck with us totally dominating or totally losing. Why should I even stay with knights? Probably most people left Knights and went to Vikings or Samurai. When was the last time that knights had like 42 territories? And please stop releasing new broken content and fix the core game!

Vakris_One
08-23-2017, 10:18 AM
The same was happening to the Samurai faction 3 days ago - being totally dominated. The Knights and the Vikings teamed up on the Samurai. Now it seems the Vikings have lost interest in staying neutral against the Knights and the Samurai players have all woken up and are pushing back hard.

This is pretty much how its been for some time now.
- The Samurai have staying power and are the best at pushing a single front for the longest time
- The Vikings are the most well organised and are the best at making tactical moves at opportune times
- The Knights are the sneakiest and are the best at short burst pushes right at the very end of a round, most often trying to score a cheeky win at the very last second.

Tyrjo
08-23-2017, 10:23 AM
Population size doesn't matter. A player from the smaller population will get more assets for the same in game performance.

SaschoS
08-23-2017, 10:59 AM
But still my assets are most of the time wasted

DrinkinMyStella
08-23-2017, 11:34 AM
the results are so inconsistent because nobody cares and just lets the system automatically place war assets, if everyone played and thought the same way in faction wars then it would probably be even more tense and close. I also think that if the player base were put into a faction at the start of the season automatically so you have no choice and every season you get switched so the player base for each faction is even obviously they can't predict people leaving etc but that would have been better.

Ulrichvonbek111
08-23-2017, 12:48 PM
I don't believe any one faction teams up with another,,,
THOUGH the tin men on this forum and other forums have suggested a pact with the Vikings..
The honourable Vikings laughed at such a treacherous idea....
It seems the tin men get everything they deserve..

Father_Giliam
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
The Faction War is imbalanced as hell and has been since open beta. Nothing matters up until the last 12 hrs, at which point you want your faction to have lost territories to both sides. Then, using the loser bonus, resurge and end up with the most territories.

SaschoS
08-23-2017, 03:16 PM
They should really make faction war more like a mini-game. Or at least you should have more time to study where will you put your assets. I guess most of the players do not know that faction war exists!

Helnekromancer
08-23-2017, 07:47 PM
Have the faction war play a role in every match you play instead of a weird passive fight with points. If you are a Samurai attacking the knights land and you see that the enemy team has fighters with the Knight Banner, if you kill them you gets bonus renown saying Rival Faction Attack or if you on the blue side and you kill the attacking player it says Rival Faction Defense. The faction you choose need to play a bigger role other then the color i put my points into and the more you kill the more points you get to your overall score. If you win on defense you get successful Defense and on attack Successful Attack giving you more assets to place on the map.

Manlorey
08-23-2017, 08:31 PM
It's always a cycle. Just when you happen to be online, your faction loses, but usually comes back later. Knights did have a majority on some occasions for the past days. Also, do remember that not always people use war assets on one location instead of putting them everywhere, there are many who lost interest or simply don't care. Playing as a samurai, I can tell you there were countless times when I defended a location with 49%, putting everything I earned from matches into it, just to lose it later with still 49% on it... The other factions don't sleep either, so ofc they even your contribution with theirs.

Ianoneshot
08-23-2017, 11:06 PM
I agree, but I'm never leaving knights. I wish they balanced that member of the population of the factions. A faction of few players should get higher overall assets to balance stuff out.

Edit: never mind that's already a thing.

Alustar.
08-23-2017, 11:56 PM
I find the biggest problem for me is deciding where to put war assets in between matches. At times I just say fk it I'll just let them auto deploy this time.

So here's a thought. Make it more like a fast pace chess game?

First off rework that. Extend war assets to a currency that if not spent by the end of the hour they are lost. However this way you can spend them whenever during the down time. (Let's face it, if you are doing more than an hour of tandem matches you might want to slow down)
Next rework the round system. Have a two fold point system that updates every hour the goal should be to force back to an enemies stronghold and take it. Every 8 hours the map resets, then who ever is left standing wins that round. If no clear victor is in place, then whoever has the most territories at the end of the round wins.
Next, make the territories actually worth something. I mean literally. It should cost "x" amount of war assets to take "x" territory form a team. As well it should cost x war assets to buff an owned territory to a degree and no higher. Maybe give key territories special properties? I know for sure the first to adjacent zones from a stronghold need to be owned before being able to apply war assets to take it. This would give defending players the option to quickly come around to the side and cut off the flow of war assets and give them time to get back up.

Lastly war assets should not count in the total at end of a season the help determine a winner in the event of ties. It should be the total captures/loses and the team with the better ratio should win.

UbiNoty
08-23-2017, 11:57 PM
We've seen some pretty well-documented trends among the three factions according to active time zones, so that may be impacting your perception of the give/take of the territories. Also, if you try going through all the turns on the player barracks, you'll see that there's a pretty good degree of give/take of territories between all three factions.

And also, something to keep in mind, the number of players in a faction doesn't matter since all your deployed assets and contributions are weighted by the size of your faction. So it all balances out regardless of how many Knights there are.

RoosterIlluzion
08-24-2017, 02:59 AM
the results are so inconsistent because nobody cares and just lets the system automatically place war assets, if everyone played and thought the same way in faction wars then it would probably be even more tense and close. I also think that if the player base were put into a faction at the start of the season automatically so you have no choice and every season you get switched so the player base for each faction is even obviously they can't predict people leaving etc but that would have been better.

Don't you use the same number of assets whether you manually place them or not? I think it would be better for each faction if they used auto place, so they go across the areas evenly. If every player in the faction did this, and only manually place if there was an area being mobbed, they wouldn't lose any areas.

Captain-Courage
08-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Are there still people that care about Faction Wars ?
Like ... really ?! :eek:

Dude_of_Valor
08-24-2017, 09:56 AM
I used to be interested in the Faction War but have so lost interest in it. Perhaps it was that the Knight faction was mislead in season 2, just kinda put a bummer on things.

Captain-Courage
08-24-2017, 10:02 AM
I used to be interested in the Faction War but have so lost interest in it. Perhaps it was that the Knight faction was mislead in season 2, just kinda put a bummer on things.

You know, basically their faction system is just a ripoff from MK X system with a map slapped on it.
A feature added at the last minute to help with player retention by adding a artificial sense of persistency and make the players believe that their choices have weight, when it's infact impossible to really coordinate deployment since you don't have the tools to properly communicate with your faction (no lobby, no faction chat), even more when they play on other platforms.
So it turns to be more of a gimmick than anything else in the end, that totally mess with the UI on top of that. I always thought the game would have been better without it.

Manlorey
08-24-2017, 11:23 AM
A feature added at the last minute to help with player retention by adding a artificial sense of persistency and make the players believe that their choices have weight, when it's infact impossible to really coordinate deployment since you don't have the tools to properly communicate with your faction (no lobby, no faction chat), even more when they play on other platforms.
So it turns to be more of a gimmick than anything else in the end, that totally mess with the UI on top of that. I always thought the game would have been better without it.
Agree with you there. Faction war is very depth lacking, if you ask me. Ofc, one can't expect the faction conflict be on the scale of Warhammer Online (best RvR game I was lucky to enjoy), but the devs could have implemented more variety into that, like siege modes and the need to defend or attack castles with actual medieval defense or siege tools.

I know we don't agree on the ballistas, but I think they are a step into the right direction.

CoyoteXStarrk
08-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Pretty sure at least 1 other person plays as Knight faction so you are fundamentally incorrect