PDA

View Full Version : Montana Big Game/Guide Guns/Hunting rifles, & Misc Guns.

FerroMortem
08-23-2017, 02:17 AM
The same way getting the correct flora & fauna buildings towns vehicles clothing culture and people right lends itself to the plausibility of the world so does getting the right guns for the region.

I hope to see some guns likely to be seen/used in Montana, and not just reskinned versions of guns in previous games would add allot to the authenticity/plausibility if the guns were more hunting/civilian-focused than the normal (somewhat tired) array of Military/surplus or "no-name" guns from FC3-FC4.

.......Handguns.......

-Glock 20 (10mm)
https://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

-Smith & Wesson 686 Plus Delux (.375magnum)
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-686-plus-deluxe-0
or
-Smith & Wesson 329 Delux (.44magnum)
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-629-deluxe-0

-Tactical Solutions Pak-Lite 22/45 (.22lr) with SilencerCo Sparrow Suppressor
http://www.tacticalsol.com/2245-and-mk-series-upgrades/pac-lite-45-threaded-barrel#

.........Hunting/Guide Rifles.............

-Grizzly Custom Lever Action "The Backpacker SBR" .44m or .45-70
https://grizzlycustom.com/product/the-backpacker-sbr-lever-action-package/

-Christensen Arms Ridgline (7mm08 Rem or .450 Bushmaster)
https://christensenarms.com/ridgeline/

-Mirage ULR (7mm-300WM)
http://www.mirageulr.com/longrangerifles.html

-Ruger Gunsight Scout (.308 or .450 Bushmaster)
http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteScoutRifle/specSheets/6829.html
http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteScoutRifle/specSheets/6837.html

-Tactical Solutions X-Ring Rifle (.22lr) with Silencer Co Sparrow Suppressor.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series-rifles/x-ring-rifle-with-hogue-stock

-Holland & Holland Double Rifle (.375 H&H or larger Caliber)
https://www.hollandandholland.com/guns/#+gun-type-double-rifle+condition-new

......Surplus Military Rifles/Modern Production equivalent's (popular with militias in the 80's-90's which there was a number of in Montana at that time).....

FN FAL
or
DSA SA58 16" Range Ready Compact Tactical Carbine"
https://www.dsarms.com/p-16767-dsa-sa58-16-range-ready-compact-tactical-carbine-v2.aspx

HK91
or
PTR91 GI
https://www.classicfirearms.com/ptr-g-1-308-caliber-semi-auto-rifle

..............Shotguns..........

Remington 870 Police (12GA) Wood Stock.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/94901/Firearms/Shotguns/Remington/Pump+Action+Shotguns/Remington+870+POLICE+12GA+18+BD+IC+PK

Benelli Ultra light shotgun (12GA)
http://www.benelliusa.com/ultra-light-shotgun
or
Benelli Montefeltro (12GA)
http://www.benelliusa.com/montefeltro-shotgun

H&R Pardner SB2 (10 Guage) Buckshot as standard w/slugs as an option.

(Slugs and other shotshell ammo types should be interchangeable on the fly with applicable shotguns)
The option of using different chokes for shotguns would also be a welcome addition to the series.
The overall range of shotguns could also use a sizeable boost from previous titles, as could the effective lethality-damage output out to 25-50yds respectively.

..................Bows................

Hoyt Compound Bow
http://hoyt.com/compounds/bowhunting

Scorpyd Crossbow
http://shop.scorpyd.com/Crossbows_c2.htm

I think it's paramount that one can land kill shots on animals if one hits the vitals from the right angle with the applicable calibers for one's intended target, otherwise hunting is pretty dull. Hunting should be more fleshed out considering its role in the FarCry series so tracking actual blood trails would be preferable to some magical yellow trail leading to the animal.

HorTyS
08-23-2017, 08:31 AM
I definitely agree it'd be very cool if they made the hunting mechanic more realistic & in-depth with realistic damage models where a proper heart shot on an elk would yield maximum resources and a one hit kill. I definitely think they should add a couple area appropriate weapons, and it seems they have already. The new shotgun model looks a lot like the remington you linked & they changed the .44 magnum model a bit to look more "western" esque from the looks of it. So far we've only seen the one sniper rifle but if they bring back the M-700, that one was basically just a simple hunting rifle.

There is a discussion about potential weaponry in this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1671154-Weapons-you-hope-to-see!-(Pics-encouraged)).

akilyoung
08-23-2017, 01:59 PM
Since ubi went there in person, took tons of pics and talked with lots of locals, im sure they will get it right when it comes to tactical options, clothing and the general world 'vibe'

FerroMortem
08-23-2017, 03:14 PM
I would hope we get a few cutting edge lightweight backcountry bolt guns and the like, I would argue places like Montana have quite a number of high-end semi-custom to custom rifles chambered in oddball specialty calibers for Hunting/Guiding and sporting so would be good to see some rifles a step above dads/granpa's deer rifle in the game as well as a run of the mill bolt gun like the Remington 700.

I think a Glock 20 in 10mm would also be an important one to have, allot of people opt for .44 revolvers or bigger for protection from bears, but there are allot of weight conscious hunters/backpackers opt for a lightweight handgun like the Glock 20 in 10mm.

Guide guns ought to make an appearance given the number of outdoor recreational activities that are guided in Montana, short handy rifles that aren't too cumbersome for traversing thru the thick alders/brush that can pack enough of a punch to take down a bear or mountain lion.
Propper Guide Guns like a magazine fed Jeff Cooper inspired Scout type bolt action rifle with iron sights with an option to use a forward mounted low magnification optic/or red dot would could be a great fit. Also a short barrel lever actions with large lever loop for use with insulated gloves/quicker running of the action.

Again would be great not just to see the standard nock off no name guns from previous Far Cry games but actual real world firearms, or at the very least new gun models that look more real than the ones in previous games as most of those looked rather cartoony or had the actions/charging handles on the wrong side of the gun (like on the AK type rifle, SVD/PSL, & M14/M1A Socom 16).

Might be wrong but the pump action shotgun with the wood furniture in the game play looked a bit like the generic pump shotgun from previous games reskinned. I think an old wood stocked Police 870 would fit well, given the hand me down nature of rural police/sheriff departments with limited budgets.

HorTyS
08-23-2017, 06:39 PM
FC as a brand does not use actual weapons with their legitimate names. I mean, an AK is an AK, but they sort of don't adhere to super accuracy with actual weapon names & such. It's not a tom clancy game where that level of detail is necessary and I don't really see much point in doing so. The weapons are all clearly inspired by real-world firearms, so leaving them a bit of room to make subtle changes is fine in my book.

My dad was probably one of the most hardcore hunters I knew of growing up, and he didn't bother with any customization to his guns really. He used a Remington 700 like you mentioned, and he used to pack his own bullets, but I don't know that he messed with custom chambering or optics. We'd go to the shooting range to sight in our rifles & such before going out the next morning.

I dunno, like I said FC is not a Tom Clancy game so they really don't have any obligation to stay super accurate to real world counterparts. I just want to see good variety in the weapons and have guns that look cool and are satisfying to use, how authentic they are to real life is pretty trivial to me...

FerroMortem
08-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Just because they have not modeled guns that realistically before does not mean they should not do so going forward, (I hated the shooting mechanics from FC3 and the shooting hasn't really changed for the better since then), the shocking lack of range and lethality of the rifles in game has been very disappointing for such large game world. Ubi really would do well to revamp the ballistics/shooting mechanics in the FC series, same goes for the AI and Animations as all are fairly lackluster (that coming from a long time fan of the series) I frankly don't like that we seem to be getting a reskinned version of a game released in 2012 and developed in the years prior to that. There comes a time when only changing the setting, and few other parts of a game isn't really enough of a change where is the meaningful innovation in the series?

Would be great if the damage models and effective range of the rifles were updated at the very least. Or Shot placement counted when hunting.

Battlefield went from goofy looking unrealistic models for guns in Bad Company games to fairly realistic ones in Battlefield 3 personally, it makes a big difference to me that they actually model the guns well.

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-24-2017, 01:05 AM
battlefield is ment to be a realistic military shooter far cry games are a hightened reality it is not a really realistic game it is an over the top action shooter game

FerroMortem
08-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Battlefield is not even remotely realistic in any facet and is a rather Arcady game, though I think the ballistics model from the battlefield games would be an improvement for Far Cry and add more depth that I think would be both more enjoyable and engaging yet very approachable.
Having more realistic gun models and better effective range/damage models is not akin to asking for simulation level detail being implemented into a casual series, I would just like to be able to effectively use the rifles at longer ranges than the 100-175yds when allot of them should comfortably be able to reach out to 500-600yds....

HorTyS
08-24-2017, 05:46 AM
The call for more realistic damage models & ranges & all that I get, and I have no problem with that (either way, doesn't bother me) but they have to pay to get the rights to model real world weapons so creating "fake" versions that look very similar saves them money and they look close enough that it's not a big deal to me at all. Nothing about the weapon models effects the mechanics of shooting...

MikeJDRW
08-27-2017, 09:24 PM
The M-700 is a good model and exceptional hunting rifle. Of course if I could get a bolt pistol like we've seen, I'd probably change to something like that.

As for the weapons the OP showed above. Works for me.

FerroMortem
09-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Most shooters on the market are able to include real world firearms with or without their real world names so that should be seen as the cost of doing business in the shooter genre, further more they already have real world firearms in the series albeit with a slightly cartoony/goofy art style for the modeling on most of them or charging handles and actions being on the wrong side of gun.

Some people play shooters because they like firearms in the same way people who like cars play racing/car games. So real world firearms optics and parts correctly reproduced in a game can be a selling point just as cars that look like iconic real world cars in GTA sell better than the goofy looking fictional cars Rockstar developers come up with. When studios get things that are easy to get right wrong it can be very annoying especially when it's in your face like a gun being poorly-incorrectly modeled or an optic that is mounted too far forward or vertical grip mounted too far backward, attention to detail on things so close to the players face in an FPS game should be a large concern for devs.

I might also be more understanding if game developers were open about how much it actually cost to license a firearm, even then I could easily see a game studio explaining the value of the exposure having a gun in a game gives to firearms companies and that it can be a great way to advertise for them increasing sales substantially as there are plenty of guns have sold well becuase of their inclusion in video games.

FerroMortem
09-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Edit Added:

Holland and Holland Double Rifle. (This would be like the .500 Nitro double rifle but I think is a much more appropriate caliber for North American animals)

H&R Pardner SB2 10 Gauge Shotgun. (I think it would be fun to have the destructive power of a 10 Gauge slug or buckshot)

Scorpyd Crossbow.

GameGuru2018
09-15-2017, 08:01 PM
Battlefield - is battlfield, and FarCry - is FarCry! I can't even compare them, FarCry is much better for me! I don't like military games. Battlfield is a shooter for a shooter, or shooter because of shooter....more for teens. If you like "bang bang" and explosions you will enjoy the game. But FarCry has a Story and big open world... FarCry should avoid Battlfieldization! Developres, don't make FarCry as next Battlefield in the future! It is important to save FarCry's originality!

Gr4nt8r0dy
09-16-2017, 12:37 AM
did i miss something
did someone suggest they make it more like battlefield
what are you on about

FerroMortem
09-16-2017, 05:34 AM
Not really sure what you are on about...?
I mentioned Battlefield in regards to moving from an unrealistic cartoony art style for firearms to more realistic looking firearms models. The other time Battlefield was mentioned was for improving the shooting mechanics. The inclusion of bullet drop (comparable to that in Battlefield) and increasing the range of the firearms in the game is hardly asking for the game to become Battlefield in the slightest. Changing the shooting mechanics as mentioned is directly related to improving core components of FarCry like Hunting as well as increasing the number of ways one can approach combat and missions. I really don't want to be forced to use a sniper to shoot something 200+ yards away in an open world shooter that is just a plain asinine design choice for the genre, and I really don't see how changing that is somehow going to do anything but improve the game.

HorTyS
09-16-2017, 08:37 AM
Learning & borrowing from other games is standard stuff in development. Developers learn from other games all the time & suggesting one small aspect of FC gameplay more closely imitates a different game is hardly calling for a sweeping overhaul of FC as we know it. BF does have superior ballistic design to FC, so saying FC should strive to replicate something more akin to that is nowhere near a "battefieldization" of the series...

FerroMortem
11-30-2017, 04:23 AM
I think it would be a step in the right direction for the next game to drastically overhaul the ballistics and hunting mechanics hope they take the time to change those things next go around, also hope to see some of the guns listed above make it into this game after it releases but I am doubtful about either actually happening in the future.

Steepsix
12-04-2017, 10:23 PM
I think that the idea to improve the hunting system is good.
But I have to tell that from far cry 3 to far cry 4 they've made a big work in hunting mission, they improved it .
But yes as you said a good idea could be to improve more this part.
About the weapons that I would like to see, below you can see some suggestion and some other that are already implemented:

1) Pistols:

-M1911 (already implemented, this is a classic of this game)
-P226 (already implemented this is new and it seems very nice)
-44 Magnum (already implemented, classic!!! :) )
-Desert Eagle ( I hope it will be implemented, also this is a classic for far cry series)
-Glock semi automatic

2) Shotgun:
-M133 (already implemented)
-Double barrel shotgun (already implemented)
-Benelli M3
-AA12

3)Assault rifle:
-AR-C (already implemented in far cry 5, very nice animation ;) )
-M4A1 (from picture of far cry 5 poster)
-AK47
-G36
-F1 with automatic fire (from far cry series)

4)Heavy machine gun:
-MKG/Stoner 96 LMG (from far cry serier)
-Portable Minigun (terror 4000)
-M60
-MG42 (from far cry 4)

5)Sub machine gun:
-Skorpion (already implemented)
-Mp5 (already implemented)
-Uzi (already implemented)
-Mp40 (already implemented)
-UMP45
-A99 (from far cry 4)

6)Sniper rifle:
-M-700 (from far cry 4)
-Z93 (from far cry series)
-MBP 50 (already implemented)
-AR-C with long barrel (already implemented)
-Barret

7)Launchers:
-RPG (already implemented)
-M-79 (already implemented)
-LK-1018 (from far cry 4)
-M32

8)Specials:
-Bow (already implemented)
-Cross-bow
-Flamethrower (from far cry series)
-Driller (from far cry 4)
-700 nitro (from far cry 4)
-Rocket launcher 4 missiles (RLX-9157 something similar to the first far cry)

Gr4nt8r0dy
12-05-2017, 03:20 AM
the ak47 is also known to be in far cry 5 already and was seen in trailers i have not however seen the usp and you claim it to be in the game where did you see it

i hope that like far cry 4 they reward skilled bow hunting with double skins i thought that was a very cool way of rewarding players for using the bow

Steepsix
12-05-2017, 07:41 AM
My mistake Sorry It was P226 not USP
See below the link ;)
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Far_Cry_5

angryfudgepop
12-05-2017, 10:51 AM
I would also like for them to add bullet drop to the game, if possible. If it's not gonna happen for Far Cry 5, Maybe Far Cry 6 would have it.

angryfudgepop
12-05-2017, 10:54 AM
I want a 1911 with the ability to put a silencer on it. I didn't really care for the one that was already customed

angryfudgepop
12-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Ak-47, AR-15/variants, PKM, M-700, Dragunuv rifle, Makarov Pistol, RPG-7, M-79, M133 shotgun, 1911 Pistol. These are all a pretty much a guaranteed to be in the game. Apparently the MP-40 is going to make an appearance for the first time. I would love to see the 1903 Springfield.

Steepsix
12-05-2017, 07:33 PM
We have just to wait and hope that they will implement a lot of weapons in order to have a good arsenal that we can use to save Montana from the Salvator!! And then i Hope i Will enjoy playing It as the others far cry :)

UbiMarsuves
12-05-2017, 08:07 PM
We have had a lot of positive feedback in regards to bringing some guns back from previous Far Cry games. Fantastic ideas everyone! :)

Fallen-Champ
12-05-2017, 08:10 PM
P90 & Pipe Bombs from the Instincts games (Pipe Bombs would roll down a hill then you detonate them)
I also love the Harpoon gun and the Bull special weapons from FC4

HorTyS
12-05-2017, 08:53 PM
P90 & Pipe Bombs from the Instincts games (Pipe Bombs would roll down a hill then you detonate them)
I also love the Harpoon gun and the Bull special weapons from FC4

Oh man did I ever love that harpoon gun. Considered paying another $7 to get the Hurk pack when I re-bought FC4 on xbone just to get access to that again. Pipe bombs would be cool, and actually I kinda hope they switch the c4 back to IEDs like FC2, it just had a more guerilla warfare feel when you're putting makeshift explosives on enemy vehicles. C4 seems a little too deliberate for the scenario in FC5...

Viragoxv535
12-05-2017, 09:05 PM
I would also like for them to add bullet drop to the game, if possible. If it's not gonna happen for Far Cry 5, Maybe Far Cry 6 would have it.

Far Cry 5 has bullet drop as confirmed in an interview.

angryfudgepop
12-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Cool.

Gr4nt8r0dy
12-06-2017, 04:42 AM
Ak-47, AR-15/variants, PKM, M-700, Dragunuv rifle, Makarov Pistol, RPG-7, M-79, M133 shotgun, 1911 Pistol. These are all a pretty much a guaranteed to be in the game. Apparently the MP-40 is going to make an appearance for the first time. I would love to see the 1903 Springfield.

hopefully some of these are being replaced the pkm dragnov makarov and m133 should all be tossed out to make room for some new additions i would say the 1911 as well but we already know it is back

HorTyS
12-06-2017, 07:30 PM
hopefully some of these are being replaced the pkm dragnov makarov and m133 should all be tossed out to make room for some new additions i would say the 1911 as well but we already know it is back

qft.

Gr4nt8r0dy
12-07-2017, 01:31 AM
what means qft

HorTyS
12-07-2017, 07:37 AM
"Quoted For Truth", it means I agree with you.