PDA

View Full Version : My experience upgrading to a moniter on xbox.

AnEnticingSquid
08-22-2017, 09:06 PM
So my 1ms delay moniter came in and after playing a few matches, the difference is staggering. Even though im on xbox so i cant take full advantage of the moniter, the delay speed makes all the difference. Before I would see an attack and go for a parry, only to have the attack smack me in the face. It irritated me because I felt that I did everything right, but I still failed. Now, if I try for a parry, I get it almost every time. It's like playing a different game. It really opened my eyes to see that actually, the game feels a lot more balanced now. By no means perfect, but a lot better. The point I'm trying to make is that if you are serious about this game and any other for that matter, you really should just buy one. Mine was $250 which isnt that bad (its cheaper than a tv of the same size) and yet it has changed my entire outlook on this game. It won't make you a god, but if you are good, it will make you great. Honestly, if you are playing on a tv, you don't stand a chance against someone on a moniter. If you guys are equal in skill of course. The difference is staggering. And if you do play on a tv, just know that you are handicapt because of it.

Mythic MK II
08-22-2017, 10:50 PM
I play on a monitor with 1ms as well (but on pc with 144hz so 144 fps) it makes a world of different in games where you talk about milliseconds and not seconds.

Knight_Raime
08-22-2017, 11:16 PM
The monitor I had the ability to use for a few hours I believe has a 10 response time and going from my tv to that was subtle but I noticed the difference hugely after the first hour.
I'm glad other people are trying this. It really does make console feel better.

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 02:05 AM
Hopefully your positive experience with the change to a monitor can help some other players as well! :)