PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Server Maintenance Won't Let You Exit the Game

Vakris_One
08-22-2017, 08:44 PM
I mean come on Ubisoft. First you announce this scheduled maintenance in-game a mere 3 minutes before the plug is pulled and then when you boot everyone out of the game you stick them in the "Connecting to Servers" screen and don't let them actually exit the game. I had to task kill it just to leave. That's just not how these things are done boys and girls.

My feedback for today:
1) Get better at communicating with your players in a timely fashion - and no, an announcement just a mere 3 minutes before you pull the plug is not acceptable. Most matches last longer than 3 minutes - maybe I should have quit the match early and gotten a leaver's penalty I guess? Silly stuff...

2) When you have these scheduled maintenance periods the very least you can do is let players exit the game or boot them from the game yourselves. Requiring me to access the task manager to exit your game is unprofessional and unbecoming of a triple A title from a hugely successful games publisher. You are not an indie developer, stop acting like one.

Thanks you kindly.

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 02:12 AM
I'm very sorry about this! You've given us some very actionable feedback and we'll try to be better at communicating maintenance downtimes ahead of time so you all have enough advance notice in future updates.

We usually post announcements here in the Announcements subforum and across our social media platforms and the FH subreddit before a maintenance, and those will give you much more advance notice than the in-game notification. But we also understand that not all players may constantly keep up to date on these platforms, so we'll try to be better about in-game announcements too.