PDA

View Full Version : ACO Physical Copy for PC

Michael892017
08-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been answered anywhere else but i couldn't find any info on this.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me, will Assassin's Creed Origins have a PHYSICAL COPY for PC ?
Please i really need to know this, because I was thinking about buying this game, but i really want a physical copy of it.

I think I saw on some other topics that there were no plans for physical copy for PC, but other than that i couldn't find any info about this.
Has this changed ?

Please, i'm seriously thinking of buying the game, but i really want physical copy of it.

SofaJockey
08-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Let's go through the logic:
A double-layered DVD holds around 8.5-9 GB of data.
Let's say the game comes in at c.40 GB, that's going to take 4 maybe even 5 disks depending on how they split the data.

Why would they do that, when they can sell the game digitally?

At least with a Console Blu-Ray it fits on 1 disk, but that's not standard for PC.

The games companies may shuffle around their handbags over this, but the resource production is the trigger,
and digital distribution offers 'some' anti-piracy control.

Physcial boxed editions will quickly become a thing of the past, in my view.

What's the issue for you, the bandwidth?

Michael892017
08-22-2017, 08:12 PM
It's not bandwith.

I don't have a bank account so i always buy games with cash from retailers.
If it will be only digital i don't want to make a bank account just for one game.

Will there be at least a plastic box or something with the code inside it at retailer stores ?

SofaJockey
08-22-2017, 08:18 PM
There should at least be a box with a code.
Or even a disk with 10-20% of the game already on it.

Yes.

MinscTheHunter
08-23-2017, 09:52 AM
I don't know about the standard edition, but Ubisoft support confirmed to me that the PC version of the Gold Steelbook Edition, Gods Collectors Edition and Dawn of the Creed editions will indeed be physical boxes, and they will have the exact same physical items that the other platforms get (including the steelbook/deluxe edition case). Only instead of the DVDs, you get a piece of paper with the CD key, to download the game. There will be no DVDs in the box.
I couldn't tell you if any of those editions will actually be for sale at any retailers, though, or if they are only available through Ubisoft's own store...

SofaJockey
08-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Makes sense.

If you have to download 80% of the content anyway, it may as well be 100%.

Michael892017
08-23-2017, 11:39 AM
I don't care about the steelkbook, god collector or dawn of creed editions. I just want to be able to buy the standard edition using cash.

danijel.1983
08-23-2017, 04:30 PM
You can buy one of those prepaid cards and then buy the game online. You don't need a bank account.

Michael892017
08-23-2017, 04:51 PM
Danjel.1983 what prepaid cards are you talking about ?

You mean steam wallet cards ?

Fabulator_K
08-25-2017, 01:27 AM
Yeah, go get some Steam giftcards, you can purchase them from GameStop. Download and install Steam and Uplay on your PC, find the game on the platform, use the giftcards to add balance, and purchase (pre-order) it. Simple. The standard edition costs 59.99$, the deluxe edition costs 69.99$, the gold edition costs 99.99$, check further details on the store page. There are other options than Steam that requires you to go through similar processes, but Steam is recomended.

P.S. There will NOT be any physical CDs for PC port, only printed download codes, if that is your problem.

Michael892017
08-28-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm ok with printed download codes. If that will be the case than I just want to find in retail stores the code for the standard edition.

I am not interested in the deluxe or gold editions of the game.

DanonMight
08-31-2017, 12:38 PM
There will be no physical copy im afraid( i want it too) there is two ways however. Buying dawn of the creed edition gives you steel book.
Or buy steel book after release on Ebay, unfortunately both methods will cost you more than buying normal edition.
I done it couple of times, if you don't mind to wait just buy normal edition now and buy steelbook few months, even a year after for nothing.
Unfortunately DVD era for PC is falling to an end, i myself planing to stop collecting games as i wont spend so much money for collectors edition for every game i want to play.
Shame i have over 300 of them (lol).

ben30lille
09-04-2017, 04:57 PM
no physical dvds, it's really ashamed... and a joke ! the price of course is the same
and what for those with a bad connexion ? i never download cause it take days !
and when you erase from your computer, you have to download agin if you want to play again month/year later ?
nonsense
i'm so angry about that game industry
you can download for free anyway so why ? they promote pir@tery themself