PDA

View Full Version : Who has tips for fighting the Gladiator?

Mighty_Mackerel
08-22-2017, 04:29 AM
I hate this character. He is so fast and that foot stab is so tricky, at least for me. I know eventually I'll get better fighting against him but until then... who has any tips?

TwinStiletto
08-22-2017, 06:03 AM
I hate the gladiator. Just rage quit and take the time penalty every time you fight against one. Otherwise I'll say play against bots. Less BS to deal with.

Trbevis
08-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Haha what!? Hes easilly destoyed, twinstilletto that kind of comment just makes you look like an idiot considering hes actually a balanced hero, or rather ten times more balanced then the last two so stop crying.

Mighty mackeral just play as him for a bit in the training or whatever, once you know his movesets youll be ten times better at dealing with him, hes not that strong, try and block his side dash attacks aswell, and his sprint heavy learn to parry that if you can, its fairly easy.

Dude_of_Valor
08-22-2017, 01:20 PM
I hate this character. He is so fast and that foot stab is so tricky, at least for me. I know eventually I'll get better fighting against him but until then... who has any tips?

As a Warden I keep distance and guard up top. Zone attack is useful as they close in on you. Back dodge helps deal with the toe poke and with a Warden I can then SB into light attacks.

Try to avoid being caught by light attack spam, you are unlikely to win.

Mighty_Mackerel
08-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Sounds good, thanks guys!

UbiJurassic
08-23-2017, 12:46 AM
Glad is a very dodgy hero because of his reliance on either dodging to activate his punch or dodging to get off a side light. Either way, learning to anticipate both will mean you can get a free guardbreak from them.

Speaking of free guardbreaks, if Gladiator goes for either a toe stab or Skewer, his recovery time from missing the move means that you can get a free guardbreak here as well.

The toe stab is relatively short ranged and easy to dodge and even if you get hit, it does very minimal damage. You can usually expect it at the end of a combo since Glad can not follow up on it.

kweassa1
08-23-2017, 02:01 AM
The skewer, isn't that much of a threat once you get used to it... and his other lunge attacks isn't anything we've not seen before -- so if you can handle PK lunges and parry those, then the Glad isn't too big of a problem.

The only real factor is the goddarn shield punching spamming that comes out in left/right dodges on top of the standard dash... and the foot stabbing spams.. because both require to be dodged immediately upon action... and the footstabbing, while being an unparriable MA, also has DAMAGE slapped on to it.

So if the shield punching hits, you're dazed and you need to decide whether to dodge blindedly against the foot stabbing or not.. and that's goddarn frustrating.

RoosterIlluzion
08-23-2017, 04:05 AM

Stay away from corners and ledges. Stay away from him while he's with any other of his teammates. Stay away from his shield, and if possible, his trident. Bring many friends with you to fight him, preferably 4v1.

Helnekromancer
08-23-2017, 04:36 AM
As a Nobushi, I just zone him, never let him get in, dash forward and bait him into doing his side lights, parry that and its a free GB. Other than his toe stab and zone that starts with a punch he plays like any other assassin in which i stopped playing him and went back to my Nobushi.

HumoLoco
08-23-2017, 05:46 AM
What's your main heroes?

Gladiator is pretty easy to deal it. Their main is dodge, light attack, and also quick stun such as stab a toe and skewer throw. they cant even grab you when they doing a cheap shot or any moveset that they cant follow up. Depend on what you use heroes. I cant tell what's your main heroes.

My main heroes are orochi, shinobi(but no more main anymore hes trash already), centurion, and gladiator.

Orochi vs Gladiator, Orochi win. because orochi has the best dodge and can counter gladiator's dodge.

Shinobi vs Gladiator, Shinobi win, because shinobi stay range away from him gladiator has lacked of the range.

Centurion vs Gladiator, Centurion win, only if Gladiator let centurion grab or jab him like nothing.

Gladiator vs Gladiator, the first one win, because you know about their combo and counter the first strike.

Ofc gladiator can win any heroes due to assassin playstyles his fast, ofc dodge, and good stamina management also high level skills same as kensei.

TheArc6
08-23-2017, 02:52 PM
What's your main heroes?

Gladiator is pretty easy to deal it. Their main is dodge, light attack, and also quick stun such as stab a toe and skewer throw. they cant even grab you when they doing a cheap shot or any moveset that they cant follow up. Depend on what you use heroes. I cant tell what's your main heroes.

My main heroes are orochi, shinobi(but no more main anymore hes trash already), centurion, and gladiator.

Orochi vs Gladiator, Orochi win. because orochi has the best dodge and can counter gladiator's dodge.

Shinobi vs Gladiator, Shinobi win, because shinobi stay range away from him gladiator has lacked of the range.

As a Gladiator main, I have to agree with this. I always have problems with the Orochi and Shinobi. Really heavy tanks like Warlord and Shugoki also give me some trouble because they can hyperarmor through a lot of my attacks.

HumoLoco
08-25-2017, 06:51 AM
As a Gladiator main, I have to agree with this. I always have problems with the Orochi and Shinobi. Really heavy tanks like Warlord and Shugoki also give me some trouble because they can hyperarmor through a lot of my attacks.

I feel you lol I can tell it as I playing Gladiator to face Orochi, Shinobi, Berserker and Peacekeeper- mostly assassin heroes, but he's barely to win as if they fall his some cheap tricks. I found his lacked ability and weakness, yet he is really fun to play. Thank to his deflect so he can counter their attack if they doing the same moves you can deflect them and give them an extra damage.
Highlander is the most hard to deal but yet nothing can beat centurion. Centurion is fun to deal ever I against centurion players. Ima not defend anything about heroes. All of them heroes are the best ever I have played. Some of them are needed in love with the buff to be honest.